New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange dungeon

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Strange dungeon

OOC

You all awake definitely not where you layd you're head down. You're in a dusty old room, in cages. One cage holds a big water tank with another inmate inside, in another one is a box with a... Cat?

Most normal cells have a bed and something to eat and drink at the side, at the top of the open water tank is a dish with gruel and besides the box with the cat is a plate with some dead mouses.

Spoiler: Brakq
    Show
    It was a pretty good carnage the other day, you brought down an entire guardhouse, but you were stuck in the rubble afterwards. As soon as you got that out of the way, some guards managed to apprehend you. They gave you a pretty mean beating and the only thing you remember is someone saying... "I know just the place for this one." You wake up in a water tank, which is nicer than you get most of the time, but you are still in a cell, which is pretty much what you expected.

Spoiler: Xyrona
    Show
    You're order has received word of some weird disappearances, and you have been sent to investigate. You have already asked some villagers and they definitely could tell you that people were missing. You thought you found some tracks, the last thing you remember is the smell of lavender when you lost consciousness on you're horse, who is currently missing.

Spoiler: Infernox
    Show
    You have made a great fire to search the smoke for the future, you have been succesful. You have seen a great wyrm in a deep hole in you're vision. There was a lot of color and people who carried fire in they're hands. The vision was so intense however that you lost conscience and you awake in a cell.

Spoiler: Faith
    Show
    As instructed you followed the instructions of you're buddy and hey it seems that people are missing! Seems like a shining knight even was at the same village as you! It wasn't that hard to find the trails even for you, but then you smelt lavender... And the next thing you know is that you wake up in a cell.

Spoiler: Mystery
    Show
    You wanted to give the challenge of the cat god a try and you woke up here! That wasn't all however. You faintly remember that the cat lord himself spoke to you. Some of you're brothers and sisters are kept in here, of course you have to find out everything about this big box, but if you could keep you're brethren save, the favor of the cat lord will be surely yours.

Spoiler: Gina Thorne
    Show
    The adventurers guild wasn't really happy with you're recent claims... But not only where they're willing to let you keep you're claims but also compensate you for a Class B mission! Of course you need to get through the dungeon and map it out and the "we could bring you in, but not bring you out... But if you are a true adventurer you will surely have a good chance." Could have concerned you. But what chances did you had, really? Now you are in a cell.

Spoiler: OOC, all
    Show
    You don't have you're equipment, familiars or cohorts at you're side. If you normally have a boot dagger or something small in you're normal clothing you still have that.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-04-15 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Strange dungeon

Two little grey ears jutted out of the box like little furry shark fins.

...well, dis sux...

The box itself wasn't the problem. The fact that it was in a cage was the problem. The immediate problem at least. Another immediate problem was that Her Stuff was gone. Her artificial Pointy Ends with the Shiny Rocks and the belt that turned into a collar and the tacky but admittedly Useful vest. Her carrying pouch with Her Comfy Bed and Magic Sticks...

..and Her Everlasting FOOD!

Her ears flicked with annoyance.

Her thoughts turned towards what the Cat Lord had said about Her siblings being here. That meant Her Big Grumpy Sister Smokey and Her Well-Meaning Older Brother Pippin (who loved everybody even when he shouldn't) -- and Her litter mate Dashie. Who was a Doofus.

Guess I gotta go Save Everybuddy...

Mystery pawed carefully to see if She could squeeze Herself through the bars.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Infernox wakes up with a pounding headache, holding it while wincing in pain, eyes squinting he looked around seeing his location. "Well, that...was...ok, whats this?", standing up sighs and then activtes his anklets to teleport out of the cage....but nothing happened...what? he looked down, and saw he was in his underclothes, all his equipment was missing.

Well darn. he thought to himself

Now, how would he....ok, his claws were still good, and the other voice in his head perked up to the thoughts of destroying the cage he was in. He looked around to inspect the cage.

Spoiler
    Show

What is the cage made out of and how?
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Finding herself in a cage, Gina looks around to see if anyone is watching the prisoners. If no one is around she begins dissolving the lock or the weakest part of the cage. The Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire doesn’t do well in confined spaces and she wants out.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Shattering Word reserve feat x2, 12 damage that ignores hardness per round
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-04-15 at 02:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Xyrona sits up suddenly and pats herself down, immediately realizing that her horse and equipment are missing. She looks around and takes in the environment quietly.

"Anybody remember how we got here? I vaguely recall the smell of lavender and then I was here."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Faith does a big stretch and yawn before getting up, then another biiig stretch just for good measure. She picks up the jar of water and has a quick look around at the current situation. "Convenient kidnapping, sweet," she says as she points a finger at the jar, making the contents glow golden for a moment. Between the chill voice, the half-smile, and the messy blonde hair, she's clearly not all the way awake yet. But she has breakfast, so that is about to get fixed. Where there was water before, there is now sweet, sweet golden nectar, and Faith is having a biiig sip. That one always wakes her up! Whipping a hand through her hair appears to be enough to fix her coif right up.

"Alriiight. Heya people, I'm Faith St. Mary, I explore dungeons. If ya want me to soup up yer breakfast, pass me yer water, I'll fix ya right up while I wait to interview the staff," she says, chill big smile to everyone else present. Another sip, her free hand grasping the air, which causes a saxophone to appear in her grasp, which she promptly kicks back on the bed with.

"Don't mind me," Faith says, and proceeds to add smooth background jazz to the scene. With her belongings having been taken except for her undies, the sound of chill tooting ought to get someone nearby to check. And if not, well, that just means she'll let herself out one way or another.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Angelic Acumen and Tongue of the Celestials is reapplied. Faith makes herself breakfast by using Golden Goblet of Rise-Mokér on the water, and summons an angelic instrument truly ahead of its time via Horn of Heaven.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Floating in the tank, Brakq wakes with a bubbling groan. It's simple. Things are simple. She's locked up. Stupid thing, getting locked up. And people talk. Stupiud thing, to talk all the time. But then, she's in a fish tank. With no fish. Let 'em do 'em. Not like she hears all the talking. And there's no guards. She can see. (And <REDACTED> any guard she can't.) That means one thing.

She's not locked in here with this stuff. This stuff is locked in here with her. She reaches up. Grabs the plate with that gooey stuff. Pulls it into the tank. Lets the gooey thing muddy up the water. And mouthing something hard to discern but evidently very loud… Strike.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

ATTACK THE WATER TANK (with MOUNTAIN HAMMER, ignoring all hardness and whatnot; and an empty plate): (1d20+4)[7] (-4 for non-proficiency with plates) for negligible base damage plus (3d6)[10]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The metal bars of the cells seem to be pretty sturdy, some have claw marks and minor specks of rust, but nonetheless they seem to be in a pretty good condition and always that close together that it's actually kinda hard to get through just by squeezing.

Spoiler: Mystery
    Show
    With cats basically don't have shoulders with an Escape Artist check against 20 Mystery could squeeze through.

Gina begins working on the integrity of the cage which seems to be slowly working and erodes the iron bars. But it will take some time, till it's destroyed enough.

The smooth jazz music doesn't seem to alert any guards or anything immediately.

There is also a sign in the middle of the room, the words on it are annoyingly tiny, probably only readable when you're stand directly before it.

The water tank in one of the cells begins to start to have a lot of cracks. After a little bit it breaks and releases a mass of water and a merfolk.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mystery made a noise that suspiciously sounded like "...harumph...". Foolish hoomins, thinking that they could keep a CAT locked up! Mere bars would not stop Her unlike Dashie who is a Doofus and a Chonkabutt.

First things first though. She flopped back into the box on Her back and made air biscuits. Rhythmic purring emanated from Her plush throat. It was absolutely adorable if anyone could see it.

It was, however, absolutely necessary for Her survival in this place. To keep Her safe from the elements -- and purrtect Her from Her OWN AWESOME POWERS~!

Then She hopped out and attempted to squeeze through the bars...

Show

Invoking Endure Exposure on Herself.
    (1d20+6)[11] Escape Artist attempt

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, no one coming, alright then. Since the room is getting flooded, Faith crosses her legs on the bed while playing. A toe is aimed at the bars, which are getting blasted not only with smooth jazz, but also holy energies.

Show
    Faith uses her Celestial Light to attack the bars of her cage with 3d6 divine damage per usage.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Infernox responds "Faith St. Mary, well met....or well...whatever...not well, I am Infernox"

He looks around and sees others trying to break out and sighs. Hopefully he could burn his way out. He looked around and decided that wouldn't work, and instead decided to listen to the inner voice of 'destroying' the objects around him.

Whatever, maybe it would work.

Spoiler
    Show

2 claw attacks against bars for double damage with Ruinous Attack from Aym being bound.
    Claw Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage - (2d6+10)[17]

Claw Attack 2 - (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage - (2d6+10)[18]

Per the SRD, Iron bars have hardness 10 and 90hp's
    EDIT: at ~15 damage per round, thats 6 rounds
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-04-18 at 02:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

12. - Top - End - #12

The aforesaid Merfolk flops onto her face rather ungracefully, the face in question mere inches away from being full of glass. This doesn't seem tpo disturb her much. Almost instantly, she's up on her elbows, looking around rather frantically. I want my hammer. I want it! she says, at last, in lieu of an introduction and promptly grabs a shard of glass lying within the reach of those funny, long Merfolk arms. And then she shouts. MOUNTAIN HAMMER!! as though that was a normal thing to say. And she stabs the lock.

Show

Punishing Mountain Hammer with yet another improvised weapon: (1d20+4)[24] for negligible plus 4 and (3d6)[10], ignoring hardness;
    do tell if grabbing a shard of glass results in damage to her

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Be it by a random shard of glass, residual spell energy used in an unforeseen way, claws or a saxophone, the iron bars give way.

Spoiler: Brakq
    Show
    (1d2)[2] damage by grabing a glass shard and using it as an improvised weapon, once. The shard of glass is ruined.

The cat seems to want to get out too, with a bit of help the cat gets out.

Spoiler: OOC, all
    Show
    I'm gonna assume here that everyone gets out somehow, because you're clearly able to.

Even with some sound made it doesn't seem that there are any guards yet.

The two doors that led out of the prison room have some plaques on it, namely "Horse experiments" and "Guard room"

Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-04-19 at 08:10 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Smug Kitteh was Smug.

OK, time to get out of Teh Wet nao...

Mystery padded towards the edge of the room -- away from Teh Wet and finally deigned to look at the other prisoners.

There was a short hoomin. A hoomin with slightly pointy ears. A loud hoomin. A louder AND wetter hoomin. And a warm hoomin. Suitable minions for now. At least until Mystery could get Her Stuff back. She shook Her paws frantically to try to free Herself from the accursed Wet.

...suppose I'm gonna haf to give dese guyz My Blessing...

Mystery yawned instead. Better to see if dese guyz even were worthy of Her Blessing first.

15. - Top - End - #15

Shaking some blood off of her cut hand (Brakq has time to bleed!), the Merfolk begins to noisily flop and crawl out of confinement (or whatever remains of that). Stupid place; she'll have to rough it up a bit more. Then it won't be so stupid. But some of the folks here know the drill, that's good, some talent. Talent's good. And still no guards. Stupid guards, they make everything worse.

She looks around once more. Big, bulging eyes settle on Infernox for now. Others know their way around. This one looks fun too, though. Fire's fun. She'd use it, fire. But the ocean's a wet place. Stupid wet bits of the world. You wanna, uh, wanna set that thing on fire? she motions towards the sign. I just want my hammer. Makes me ALL, uh, antsy, doing without. she waves a hand before her face, spraying more blood onto everything. Blood's fun too. But you can have it, uh, I'll find something. she nods encouragingly.

16. - Top - End - #16

Planetar

"I'm Gina by the way, I don't suppose anyone else is here as punishment for fraud? And I swear to the Gods, if this sign says 'I prepared Explosive Runes'..." Gina leans in close to read the tiny letters on the sign.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Faith smiles and waves hi to Infernox as she plays.

The bars are open, and the song reaches its end, the saxophone conveniently disappearing. Stepping into the wet and now jazzless prison, Faith saunters over to Brakq, giving her a shiny, nice-feeling slap on the bicep. "Hey, you do you, buddy, jus' lemme have a lil' looksee at that sign, then it's all yers." The bloody hand seems to have decided to stop bleeding.

Afterwards, she's right there with Gina looking at the sign. "Jus' ol' regular kidnappin' for me. Lavender smell and out like a light. Saved me a buncha time, really. But ooh, haven't had an explosive runes trap yet, always heard about it. Last dungeon, outfitter said those're fallin' outta fashion, too many people expecting 'em, like with the 11 Foot Pole Revolution. Sounded real heartbroken 'bout that, poor guy."

Show
    The healing is using Healing Light + Hands of the Healer. Taps for 3d6 healing.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2024-04-19 at 08:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Brakq, Gina, Mary, what's written on the sign
    Show
    Please retreat to you're cells and stay there.
    The administrators

It has no additional effects.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-04-22 at 10:05 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah well." Faith strolls over to her cell, gets the pitcher of water, walks to the guard room door, crisply knocks on it twice, and, if possible, lets herself in.

"Hiii, name's Faith St. Mary, I got here jus' a bit ago. Ya see, I'm tourin' dungeons and would love ta have a chat with y'all 'bout yer workplace an' jobs. You free at the moment? I've brought drinks." Faith says with her thoroughly relaxed voice, either upon entering the room (shaking the pitcher in her hand), or in front of the door.

Diplomacy (1d20+23)[26]
    Last edited by Ridai; 2024-04-22 at 11:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mystery ambled over to the musical hoomin and waited to scoot in after Faith if/when the door opened. The guards might have Her Stuff and it was best to lay claim to it before dese guyz Got Thoughts in their little hoomin brains.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

As the others escape, it's none to soon that Infernox also leaves their cell.

And is immediately accosted to light something on fire.

Of course, he would be that person. And from the merfolk... or whatever the nines that thing is

"Maybe we should choose a door, Horse experiment seems like something I don't want to mess with"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Xyrona's face seems mildly concerned that someone else was admittedly in here for fraud, but shakes it off. "Can I get some assistance? I don't actually have a way out this cage."

Once released, Xyrona nods to the others "I am in your debt."

She then investigates the "horse experiment" with some trepidation. "What did they do to my horse?" she asks rhetorically, turning on her heel from the sign and marching with determination in the direction indicated.

"If they hurt Asfaloth, they'll answer to me!"
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-04-22 at 06:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Show
    If I have understood anything wrong, please tell me here or in the ooc.

It's also your turn.

When Faith opens the door one guard slaps the other on the back. "Told you they'd break out, you owe me 5 gold."

A rather ginormous guard strikes his club on the ground, which makes them sparkle with electricity. "Seize them down! Don't listen to them talk, remember we lost site 0309 to a fallen researcher!

The two guards at the front do the same, while another seems to mumble to himself.

"I would really like something to drink."

They are several chests on the southern wall, all have a plaque above them with titles such as: "Burning guy." "Water-Human" and "Kitten toys".

Xyrona, worried about her horse opens the door towards an experimental chamber.

Spoiler: Xyrona
    Show
    You step into a nice and green meadow. It almost feels like the sun warms you're skin, but it's just arcana light sources. Asfaloth comes towards you, happy to see you, you also see another horse that seems to have the head of a squid. You hear a voice inside you're head when you open the door.

"And this is my most favorite succulant dandelion I like to nibble on it occasionally but not too much or it would disappear outright! Oh, hello there, are you acquainted with that fine steed?

OOC: Asfaloth can fit through 1 square doors, just needs to be slow and not charging.

Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-04-23 at 10:52 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

MY STUFF~!

Problem one: Violent hoomins between Mystery and Her Stuff. Which wouldn't actually BE a problem, except for...

Problem two: ...musical hoomin also in between Mystery and Her Stuff. And musical hoomin made for the purrfect meat shield. But, she needed that Special Something in order for Mystery to be truly effective.

*sigh* Supposed I haz to give dis one My Blessing den...

Faith suddenly felt two soft paws (with only the BAREST pinpricks of claws -- honest!) stretched out behind her calves. And...was that faint purring?

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Invoking Endure Exposure on Faith.

25. - Top - End - #25

Between being specifically asked to break something she normally shouldn't (and getting to Hammer Blast away at the disgustingly polite woman's door with appropriate gusto) and hearing a clear implication that her toy of preference is likely nearby, Brakq forgets about the sign and Infrnox wondrously fast. They've my hammer? she turns around in a clumsy display of flopping about in the big puddle she made. You've my hammer! I want my hammer. she states, crawling on and on towards the door (how's it so far away?!). It's a really straightforward setup. She likes straightforward!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Confronted with guards and one very loud one, Faith goes "Hey, tha's alright, if ya- wait, hol' on a moment, feeling beans." She bends down to pick up the kitty cat wanting attention, providing some scritches behind the ears to boot. "I don' need ta do the talkin', y'all can just talk 'bout whatever ya want, but jus' sayin', that 0309 sounds interesting, wha' happened there? Also hey, can you please hand her her hammer?"

Faith looks to Brakq. "Hey, do you need' a hand? I can go get yer hammer for you, if ya want." Brakq looks like she's having a bad time, so hey, golden rule.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2024-04-24 at 08:13 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Infernox frowns.

They have our stuff he thought.

He took a step forward.

You have our stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

28. - Top - End - #28

A hand? I, uh, I've hands. Two of them. Brakq informs Faith, somewhat baffled and quite absently. You should know. You fixed one! she reminds the prodigious talker who's… Only got her underwear on, for some reason? Why are these people shambling about in their underwear, Brakq wonders, all of a sudden. That's so stupid. Why's everyone's in, uh, in this weird state of undress? she asks it aloud, just as suddenly, as she finally reaches that stupid door to the stupid other room. And where's my hammer? I want it. I want to hit things!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Xyrona throws her arms around her trusted mount's neck. "Asfaloth! They didn't hurt you, did they?" upon seeing the squid-head horse, Xyrona blinks a few times.

"I am... May I ask, what are you? What interest do you have in my horse?"

30. - Top - End - #30

Planetar

Gina summons a swarm of bees around the ginormous guard and one of the others, “Stay still while we get our things back and the bees won’t hurt you.”
    Gina begins moving towards the box clearly labeled for her.