New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Indigo Syndicate [Pathfinder 1e]

Here's the backstory, it really fought me. I don't love it but if I don't actually say its done I'll never finish it.

Spoiler: Backstory!
    Show

Aleister Oraina was born in Cassomir, the second daughter of a elven man and Kele****e woman. Being a Kele****e, she greatly struggled to fit in with other children, learning early on to keep her head down and avoid attention. Her brother, Samin, was a constant trouble maker, and often dragged her into his schemes. While she disliked the attention this brought her, she also appreciated it, as it got her out from her mother’s watchful eye.

With the burden of continuing the family business, trading, fell upon her older sister, Aleister was mostly left to her own devices when it came to making a future for herself. Unfortunately, before she could complete her schooling, her mother and sister were killed when their caravan was attacked by bandits in the Blackwood Swamp. Unable to deal with the loss, her father abandoned Aleister and Samin, leaving them to fend for themselves in Cassomir. Needing to make a living to help provide for herself and Samin, Aleister left school and joined the Taldan Phalanx, hoping to leverage her natural strength and wits into a successful career and a means of seeing the world beyond Cassomir. Unfortunately, rather than going off to skirmish with the Qadirans, she was assigned to guard caravans traveling through the Blackwood Swamp.

After a few years of guarding caravans, she struck up a friendship with one of the merchants, Petra Russala, as they would often talk of the manuscript and artifacts Petra trafficked in. After helping to successfully defending Petra’s caravan from a bandit attack using the psychic magic she had slowly begun to master, Petra asked Aleister to accompany them on an expedition searching for the Azlanti ruins rumored to be beneath the Blackwood Swamp. Although they didn’t find anything more than previous groups, Petra decided Aleister would make a good member of the group they were a member of, the Indigo Syndicate, seeing as Petra’s muscle until she was deemed able to work on her own.

Aleister, seeing the Syndicate as an opportunity to provide more money for herself and her brother, as well as to nourish her curiosity and wish to see the world, accepted the offer. She worked for Petra for several years, until she was passed off to Koros Velheart, to work as a full agent in her own right.

Quote Originally Posted by IRollTwenties View Post
    Sheet looks good so far. Messed up the base attack bonus though, occultists use 3/4 base attack like a cleric. Yup, average rounding up for HP.
    The full BaB comes from the Trappings of the Warrior.

ETA: Sheet
    Last edited by Qazgir; 2024-04-29 at 11:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post
    Forester hunter gets a bonus feat at lvl 2 and outflank comes from hunter bouns teamwork feat at lvl 3
    Ah, ok. So Outflank is good but Forester gives a bonus Combat feat but Extra Feature nor Aspect of The Beast are Combat feats.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I believe my sheet is ready! Feel free to point out Andy aspects I got wrong. I am still working on the backstory, as I am very new to the lore of Golarion.
    For every battle lost, there is a battle won.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Well dang. Was going to be a fully slippy dippy fox who could do all kinds of sneaking around, a secret agent who'd be able to blend in anywhere and everywhere.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Okay. I have done Reeva's traits and skills. Let me know if you want more background. I haven't touched gear yet, as I understand you meant to do that in a special way.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

@ProgressPaladin

I don't seem to have a link to your sheet.

@Triskavanski

Feel free to play something else if you'd like.

@Feathersnow

So you should spend your starting gold. I'm going to get the PC's up to a WBL for level three, but you should still spend whatever starting gold you have as you would a 1st level character. Yes, character background is required. If you could write it down on your sheet that would be best.

I added submitted sheets to the original post, I'll update that as needed. Since we have a decent number of sheets I'll say that the deadline for submitting is Monday the 6th. So, if you want in have a finished sheet submitted by then, please.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sorry about that! My mistake. Here is the link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2899250

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, ok. So Outflank is good but Forester gives a bonus Combat feat but Extra Feature nor Aspect of The Beast are Combat feats.
    Oh you are enforcing that no problem. My play group just treated it as a regular feat. I'll probably be changing extra feature to power attack then.
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Finished my backstory:
    Born to a wealthy family of Magnimarian merchants, Archer Glenshire had a above standard upbringing. A curious child, he sought out all the books and knowledge he could find. By one he was reading. By the age of five, he knew more than most adults. Finding comfort in the knowledge that he knew, Archer wanted to know more. He started seeking out knowledge, organizations, and great libraries. During his travels, he met Kori’s Velheart. Learning of the Indigo Syndicate, Archer immediately joined. With this new resource in his search, he started setting off on missions.
    At first it was just ruins here or there, and dungeons a few times. Yet Archer was very excited with each of these, taking notes, and taking in the knowledge each time. His knowledge came into play a lot, identifying each creature they came across, but not able to contribute much in combat otherwise. Each mission they went on, Archer got more experience, more knowledge, and better at combat. When he found out they were going to Ravenmoor, and heard of the mission plan, he was suspicious. This was not the usual mission. But he still went. He hopes it was not a mistake.

Not that happy with it, but I wanted to finish before the deadline.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by ProgressPaladin View Post
    Sorry about that! My mistake. Here is the link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2899250
    Ok, I've added your sheet to the table. Just checking in to let you know that you need an Alchemy Crafting Kit in order to prepare extracts. Also, you're currently in your medium load and with the alchemy crafting kit you'd be in your heavy load for carry capacity. At higher levels, when you have gear to offset carrying capacity it's not a big deal, but at early levels that 5 strength is really gonna bite ya in the butt. I'd suggest something like ant haul as one of your extracts to counteract it for it now, but carrying around the tent would still have you in a medium load. It's the price of dump statting so hard
    Last edited by IRollTwenties; 2024-05-02 at 02:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ok, I've added your sheet to the table. Just checking in to let you know that you need an Alchemy Crafting Kit in order to prepare extracts. Also, you're currently in your medium load and with the alchemy crafting kit you'd be in your heavy load for carry capacity. At higher levels, when you have gear to offset carrying capacity it's not a big deal, but at early levels that 5 strength is really gonna bite ya in the butt. I'd suggest something like ant haul as one of your extracts to counteract it for it now, but carrying around the tent would still have you in a medium load. It's the price of dump statting so hard
    Ah. I will recalculate my ability scores.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

OK, had to sacrifice some AC and comfort, but I got a light load.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Finished skills and starting gear for Reeva

Here's an expanded backstory:

Once, years ago, a strange and unholy beast came into territory near the Indigo Syndicate. It attracted a cult of young women that it compelled to fight to the death to protect it, and its predation on others made conflict inevitable.

When the battle was done, many mind-controlled victims were dead, as was the Vetala. One of the cultists, however was both still alive and bearing a child of the beast. While she was being held for observation she gave birth. She rejected the child and the Indigo Syndicate took it in out of pity.

Reeva was born with the physical coordination of a toddler and grew unnaturally fast. This led her to be sort of a mascot if the group. She secretly taught herself to read and learned to be a wizard, with an eclectic variation that uses the gun the Syndicate let her learn to use.

Now she is a full member, but she knew no other life and has no higher loyalty.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

- I haven't seen it asked yet: is it allowed to take a Drawback in exchange for a 3rd trait?

- When multiclassing, do we add up saves and BAB as normal, or are we using fractional saves/BAB?
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    - I haven't seen it asked yet: is it allowed to take a Drawback in exchange for a 3rd trait?

- When multiclassing, do we add up saves and BAB as normal, or are we using fractional saves/BAB?
    1 - No, just 2 traits. If you want more traits you can take the extra traits feat.

2 - You can use fractional saves/BAB.

16. - Top - End - #46

Orion is now done. I'll be adding backstory sometime this week.

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

17. - Top - End - #47

No Background skills, by the way?

Niji, Aasimar "Rainbow warrior" (multiclass Swashbuckler/Oracle/Mesmerist) would like to join this mission!

(Note that the multiclassing will end here; I'll continue with Mesmerist levels afterwards.)

Calculations are detailed at the bottom of the sheet.
    Last edited by namo; 2024-05-03 at 10:26 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

No Background skills, by the way?

Niji, Aasimar "Rainbow warrior" (multiclass Swashbuckler/Oracle/Mesmerist) would like to join this mission!

(Note that the multiclassing will end here; I'll continue with Mesmerist levels afterwards.)

As per #13 of the big 16 we are using background skills and the sanity rules.

19. - Top - End - #49

My bad. I swear I read it 3 times, and still missed it; now added to the sheet.

The sanity metrics were already present.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Going classic Hellenistic oracle. Cyclo's sheet is here.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Going classic Hellenistic oracle. Cyclo's sheet is here.
    Ok, I added your sheet to the table.

Just another reminder to everyone looking to be considered for the game, you have until Monday May 6th to have a completed sheet presented. Recruitment is still open until then if there's any late comers who want to join up.

22. - Top - End - #52

I believe you missed my submission.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

I believe you missed my submission.
    Thanks. I looked over the sheet, just forgot to add it to the table.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Ok everybody, we're almost there with only one day left before character selections. That said, there's quite a few nearly completed sheets that are submitted. Most of the nearly completed ones are missing backstory info. I'll need to have some sort of backstory or blurb about your character to get a feel for whether they fit in with the setting, will be a good fit for the group, and are suitable for the feel of the game. Without that I can't make an informed decision about your character. If you see your name below it means you still need to add the backstory of your character onto their sheet. Please do, because I don't want to see anyone get left behind because they didn't get their background info put down in time. If you have backstory info for your character and it isn't on the sheet, please add it to the sheet. I'll need it there if I ever need to go back and reference anything, and it makes my life in selecting applicants way easier than scouring the thread looking for old posts trying to find it

Needs Background info on sheet: Feathersnow, Razorfloss, Armonia13, ProgressPaladin.

If these aren't finished by tomorrow, we still have a default group of four since there's four completed sheets.

25. - Top - End - #55

Heres Turok(Sorry i change names like it's no one's business until i find one that fits) Starborns Backstory

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Toruk Starborn hails from the Shriikirri-Quah, the Hawk Clan of the Shoanti people, born beneath the wide-open skies of Varisia on a Night of filled with countless stars. So filled in fact that it was thought to be a blessing from Pulura and Desna to bless Toruk's birth and granted him his name. From a young age, Toruk showed an innate connection to the wild and an unyielding spirit that matched the untamed beauty of his homeland.
    Raised amidst the rugged wilderness of Varisia, Kaela learned the ways of his people from the elders of his clan. Trained in the art of survival, he quickly became a skilled hunter and scout, able to navigate the treacherous terrain with ease and bring down prey with deadly accuracy.

But it was Tourk's fiery spirit that truly set him apart. Quick to anger and fiercely protective of the clan, he possessed a primal strength that seemed to surge through his veins like a raging river. This untamed energy drew the attention of the spirits of the land, who whispered secrets of the ancient ways to him in the wind. These secrets awakened the genes of a long dead lycanthropic ancestor that blessed him with immense power but left him changed forever.

As Tourk matured, his connection to the spirits only grew stronger, until he could call upon their power and his new lycanthropic form at will, channeling the primal forces of the natural world to enhance his skills. But with this power came a price – a wild, untamed fury that burned within like a wildfire, threatening to consume everything in its path if left unchecked.
    To harness this inner turmoil, Tourk turned to the traditions of his people, seeking guidance from the elders of the clan. Under their tutelage, he learned to embrace his inner rage, channeling it in battle to become a fearsome warrior capable of striking down his enemies with the fury of a raging boar.
    Now, armed with claws, hooves and everything in-between and fueled by primal rage, he sets out on a journey to protect his clan and homeland from the dangers that lurk in the wilds of Varisia and hopefully some allies in the process.

Last edited by razorfloss; 2024-05-06 at 03:29 AM.

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post
    Heres Turok(Sorry i change names like it's no one's business until i find one that fits) Starborns Backstory

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Toruk Starborn hails from the Shriikirri-Quah, the Hawk Clan of the Shoanti people, born beneath the wide-open skies of Varisia on a Night of filled with countless stars. From a young age, Toruk showed an innate connection to the wild and an unyielding spirit that matched the untamed beauty of his homeland.
    Raised amidst the rugged wilderness of Varisia, Kaela learned the ways of his people from the elders of his clan. Trained in the art of survival, he quickly became a skilled hunter and scout, able to navigate the treacherous terrain with ease and bring down prey with deadly accuracy.

But it was Tourk's fiery spirit that truly set him apart. Quick to anger and fiercely protective of the clan, he possessed a primal strength that seemed to surge through his veins like a raging river. This untamed energy drew the attention of the spirits of the land, who whispered secrets of the ancient ways to him in the wind. These secrets awakened the genes of a long dead lycanthropic ancestor that blessed him with immense power but left him changed forever.

As Tourk matured, his connection to the spirits only grew stronger, until he could call upon their power and his new lycanthropic form at will, channeling the primal forces of the natural world to enhance his skills. But with this power came a price – a wild, untamed fury that burned within like a wildfire, threatening to consume everything in its path if left unchecked.
    To harness this inner turmoil, Tourk turned to the traditions of his people, seeking guidance from the elders of the clan. Under their tutelage, he learned to embrace his inner rage, channeling it in battle to become a fearsome warrior capable of striking down his enemies with the fury of a raging boar.
    Now, armed with claws, hooves and everything in-between and fueled by primal rage, he sets out on a journey to protect his clan and homeland from the dangers that lurk in the wilds of Varisia and hopefully some allies in the process.

Great, please put it on your sheet for future reference

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Finished my backstory:
    Born to a wealthy family of Magnimarian merchants, Archer Glenshire had a above standard upbringing. A curious child, he sought out all the books and knowledge he could find. By one he was reading. By the age of five, he knew more than most adults. Finding comfort in the knowledge that he knew, Archer wanted to know more. He started seeking out knowledge, organizations, and great libraries. During his travels, he met Kori’s Velheart. Learning of the Indigo Syndicate, Archer immediately joined. With this new resource in his search, he started setting off on missions.
    At first it was just ruins here or there, and dungeons a few times. Yet Archer was very excited with each of these, taking notes, and taking in the knowledge each time. His knowledge came into play a lot, identifying each creature they came across, but not able to contribute much in combat otherwise. Each mission they went on, Archer got more experience, more knowledge, and better at combat. When he found out they were going to Ravenmoor, and heard of the mission plan, he was suspicious. This was not the usual mission. But he still went. He hopes it was not a mistake.

Not that happy with it, but I wanted to finish before the deadline.
    I believe I did?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

And... done. Sorry I forgot to copy that over. I also added very brief personality and description comments.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

I believe I did?
    Very strange. Was not showing for me this morning.

It's there now though.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Still open for more? Have an idea for a full oracle.