New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Question about my special metal stick?

What could I conceivably do to one scimitar as a player? 5e was so barren on the subject I don't have many ideas on how to implement it into my upcoming campaign.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Question about my special metal stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
    What could I conceivably do to one scimitar as a player? 5e was so barren on the subject I don't have many ideas on how to implement it into my upcoming campaign.
    What do you mean "do to a scimitar"? Do you mean "how could I use a scimitar"? In combat or outside of combat? Or do you mean "How could I modify a scimitar to make it better"? Probably with magic or special materials. Or do you mean "how can I break somebody else's scimitar"? As in sundering it, or removing its magic, or making it otherwise ineffective?

As is, I'm not sure what it is you are asking.
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2024-04-22 at 06:53 AM.
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!

Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Searchable spreadsheet of 3.5 monsters by abilities, now with all online monsters

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ah, my bad. I meant how could I improve a scimitar?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

First, there are various different materials you can make a scimitar out of (see here)

You can create a masterwork version of a weapon (adding +1 to attack rolls), make it magical (adding +1 to damage rolls), and then there are various magical enchantments you can add to weapons (see here)

There are various modifications you can make to the weapon itself, such as adding a crystal and a weapon template (see here)

The character wielding a scimitar can take various feats to improve how they use a scimitar, like Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical and so forth. A few weapon styles require the use of a weapon like a scimitar to work too.

There are also spells that can be cast to improve how the weapon works.

And I've probably missed a few things in that list.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Play a Magus. Because they can use their weapon's crit range with spell attacks, and scimitar has a very good crit range.

Guide in my sig.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!