New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Deadpool and Wolverine official trailer

New trailer on Youtube here.

Looks like it picks up where their previous movies left off, bringing them into the new universe they are part of. Definitely R-rated, lots of fun stuff with both having healing factors. I haven't seen a superhero movie since GotG 3, I think, but I'll definitely go for this one.
    Campaigning in my home brewed world for the since spring of 2020 - started a campaign journal to keep track of what is going on a few levels in. It starts here: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/the-ter...report-article

Created an interactive character sheet for sidekicks on Google Sheets - automatic calculations, drop down menus for sidekick type, hopefully everything necessary to run a sidekick: https://tinyurl.com/y6rnyuyc

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Deadpool and Wolverine official trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Credence View Post
    New trailer on Youtube here.

Looks like it picks up where their previous movies left off, bringing them into the new universe they are part of. Definitely R-rated, lots of fun stuff with both having healing factors. I haven't seen a superhero movie since GotG 3, I think, but I'll definitely go for this one.
    Wait a sec: didn't Wolverine die? (In the last Hugh Jackman Wolvering movie?)
    (One of the few movies in that genre that I really liked).
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Wait a sec: didn't Wolverine die? (In the last Hugh Jackman Wolvering movie?)
    (One of the few movies in that genre that I really liked).
    I may have been wrong about it picking up directly from their last movies - yes for Deadpool, but X-Men is convoluted enough that it may not work (and I forgot about Logan when I posted originally).

But if it does include Logan, the explanation is something, something, time travel, something, separate timelines, multiverse, something, something.

Yes, he (spoilers for a 7-year-old movie) died at the end of Logan. But that was in the future of that world, and the entire multiverse-shattering bit ended up happening before that - that's still half a decade or so away. The actors have said that this does not change that ending.
    Campaigning in my home brewed world for the since spring of 2020 - started a campaign journal to keep track of what is going on a few levels in. It starts here: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/the-ter...report-article

Created an interactive character sheet for sidekicks on Google Sheets - automatic calculations, drop down menus for sidekick type, hopefully everything necessary to run a sidekick: https://tinyurl.com/y6rnyuyc

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

The trailer vaguely explains how Logan is in the movie, but I’ll spoiler it just in case.

Spoiler
    Show
    The TVA dude says this Logan, who is a variant, “let down his entire world”. He’s clearly younger too.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

I am beyond hype for this as the main villains, at least going by the trailer, appear to be

Spoiler
    Show
    Either Paradox or Cassandra Nova, possibly both.

Both are characters I've been wanting to see outside the comics for quite some time.

This also appears to be tied fairly closely to the events of Loki S2 so I guess I'm getting off my duff to finish that
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I am beyond hype for this as the main villains, at least going by the trailer, appear to be

Spoiler
    Show
    Either Paradox or Cassandra Nova, possibly both.

Both are characters I've been wanting to see outside the comics for quite some time.

This also appears to be tied fairly closely to the events of Loki S2 so I guess I'm getting off my duff to finish that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Definitely looks like Cassandra.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The store in the background of the street scene is comedy gold.

Spoiler
    Show

Liefeld's
    "Just Feet"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

This looks genuinely amazing. I'm more excited for this movie than any Marvel project since at least GotG 3.