New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Best class/subclass for an Aaracokra that is terrified of heights?

Pretty much what the title says. I'm planning an upcoming character (most likely for a one-shot) that is an Aaracokra who is terrified of heights. This will likely be in the level 3-5 range.

I'm leaning towards a basic Fighter or Barbarian, but I'm looking for other fun and interesting ideas.

Cheers!
    Insert Clever Signature Here

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Best class/subclass for an Aaracokra that is terrified of heights?

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    Pretty much what the title says. I'm planning an upcoming character (most likely for a one-shot) that is an Aaracokra who is terrified of heights. This will likely be in the level 3-5 range.

I'm leaning towards a basic Fighter or Barbarian, but I'm looking for other fun and interesting ideas.

Cheers!
    Rune Knight Fighter with the Blind Fighting Fighting style.

That way whenever he grows big he closes his eyes and goes "don'tlookdowndon'tlookdowndon'tlookdown" without issue.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

The best way to play an Aarakocra is to be ranged and use flying, actually a kensei monk with a longbow would do a decent job since the best way to take you down is with spells and ranged attacks, and deflect missiles covers half of that.

But if you're not actually flying then probably just go with sword and board heavy armor fighter.
    Black text is for sarcasm, also sincerity. You'll just have to read between the lines and infer from context like an animal

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    Rune Knight Fighter with the Blind Fighting Fighting style.

That way whenever he grows big he closes his eyes and goes "don'tlookdowndon'tlookdowndon'tlookdown" without issue.
    Oh! I like that one! Good idea!
    Insert Clever Signature Here