New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: The Noctuary (D&D 3.5e, Level 20+ Adventure)

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage1 View Post
    Correct. The "common" bonuses don't. These are stat boosts, resistance boosts, deflection, natural armor, and probably a couple of others. But it has to be in the right slot(I believe). This is covered by a thing towards the end of MIC, but I don't remember the exact page.
    This probably won't effect One-Ear, but means Snixithrax has a little extra money.

Also- it doesn't specifically say I *can't* do this, so I made a custom Tiger Claw discipline item that had each tier, with the lower teirs at +50% cost. It was the easiest way to get pounce, although I am aware other, even easier ways probably exist, and there is actually a guide in GitP.

If that isn't okay, I can definitely re-do Snixithrax's items, given they aren't meant to be finalized.

I haven't touched retraining, right now I'm aware I have templates- LE bounty hunter or hopelessly naïve housecat, and more experienced players can tweak them if I'm accepted.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

2. - Top - End - #332
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    The DM and I got into an argument and aren't currently on speaking terms. I'll check back later if he's come up with a ruling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    I'd assume +2 damage per instance (so each ray) like Archmage1. I can also switch if it is too much of an issue.
    I've settled on an interpretation. Effects land once per casting per round per target. I don't know if anything breaks here but it seems to result in sensible outcomes for Fell Drain, so it should apply to Cold-Blooded too.

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    The MIC enchantment (p. 43) is a flat +5000 gp cost, so for an unorthodox "weapon" multiplied by 1.5 perhaps +7500 gp?
    OK, +7,500 gp seems fair, given the standard magic item affinity rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    @chaincomplex Extending increase reaches on both sides if we enhance it on one side of the quarterstaff from my reading. Is that how you read it?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    Added.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; Yesterday at 10:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@chaincomplex Came across a problem regarding weapon crystals for double weapons. If my quarterstaff has a +5 and +1 side and I inserted a greater crystal that requires a +3 weapon to activate, only the +5 side gain the benefit?

I believe no one bring up traits yet when we have flaws, are they available?
    Last edited by Yas392; Today at 08:12 AM.