New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Black Dahlias [OOC]

The Black Dahlias

You are all agents of the Kingdom of the Eternal Rose. Whether that means, servants of the crown, sellswords, free blades, bounty hunters, Geas’ murderers, mercenaries or any other manner of pastimes, you have been trained in the art of subterfuge, espionage, stealth, and death. You have sworn fealty and obedience to the Queen herself, Raalia Vegas, and her spymaster Illya Constantine, you are their Rose petals and they have activated you and a cell to perform a mission.

Recently the Empire of the East Sun has began invading the kingdom, which is worrisome, other than the military implications, as there has been a formal truce for decades. But that is besides the point, your missive (in whatever form) was short and sweet, and included your activation phrase. Whatever you were doing is unimportant, you must go to the small fishing village of Bakenridge as soon as possible, where you will meet your contact.

You are NOT agents of the crown, you are evil n'er dowellers, prisoners of the crown, held in stasis in the kingdoms infamous Midnight Abyss, the highest security level prison that exists. You re here for reasons, and you want out, maybe this is your chance, will you take it?

Here's my 16:
    Spoiler: Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Home-brewed setting, special agents of the crown

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    6 players.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    These Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    9th level (36,000 xp) no LA buy off

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    36,000 gp, no item more than 1/3 of starting wealth (12k)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or home-brewed classes?
    No brew.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow home-brewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Humanoids preferred. I'm just not a fan of eldritch monsters.
    In this game however, you can be monstrous, but it better be good. All the evil folk, gnolls, orcs, half-breeds, even Tanaruk are fair game.
    Please no goblins, I am not a fan. (Or kobolds)

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    32 point buy, max HP 1st level, 3/4 (rounded up) or rolled thereafter (re-rolling 1's)

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Alignment is in place for spells and spell affects. I'm lenient on Alignment restricted classes and Paladins have a more grey area.
    Alignment is like the Pirate code, it's more of a guideline than an actual set of rules.
    Evil is perfectly fine for this game.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Have at, no penalty.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    DM will make his rolls and some of the players, Players, will make their rolls most of the time.

13. Are there any home-brewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    • Every class increases their skill points by 2 every level
    • Feats every other level
    • Teleportation is blocked by force effects.
    • Gates work on the same plane
    • Retroactive skill points
    • Max 2 flaws (Dragon magazine flaws preferred, please request with edition number)
    • Fractional BAB and saves (only receive the +2 once per save)
    • up to 2 traits
    • 1 xp = 5 gp for crafting and spells (no costly spell components)
    • This VoP
    • 0% Psionic-Magic transparency
    • Tongues/Speak language affect don't work as per the spells, I will give you an interpretation of the language. (comes out to great RP and effects)
    • No PvP
    • Essentia investment is 1/4 levels, instead of 1/5 levels.
    • No early entry
    • No bloodlines
    • No truenaming
    • No item familiars (sentient items are fine)
    • Movement can trigger more than one AOO from the same combatant

Additional changes:
    • Sneak attack functions on undead
    • Rangers can change their favored enemies with 8 hours of rest and 10 minutes of communing with nature
    • Flanking provides +1d6 of sneak attack damage (stacks) to anyone willing to use it. (Some may not want to)
    • Rogues (and only rogues) can trade sneak attack dice for critical hit multiplier at a ratio of 2:1 and vice versa, this must be made before an attack, and applies to all attacks that round. The maximum you can trade is the amount Sneak Attack dice you have gained from class levels.
    • For example: A 5th level rogue has 3d6 SA dice, and attacks with a dagger, they decide to sacrifice 2d6 SA dice to improve the dagger's critical multiplier by 1.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Yes, skirt length is fine.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, role-playing, or a combination of the above?
    Mostly hack and slash and role play. I intend this to be more role-playing than anything, interspersed with combats. I want to include some kind of mechanic to deal with the brutality of death, and dealing it out, with the human psyche etc

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rule books and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Any 3.5 WoTC and only WoTC, no brew whatsoever, so please do not ask.
    Dragon compendium is fine
    Dragonlance is not
    Dragon magazine is not
    3.0 is not

Format for Posting:
    Spoiler
    Show

Speech will be in your chosen color.
    Thought will be in Italics in your chosen color.
    Character actions shall be in black.

Like so:

Griff decided he wasn't going to go without a fight;
    "Hey! you, I don't think so!"
    Oh I hope he doesn't know how to fight!

Player Sheet speech Stub
    3SecondCultist Estari Dawnsong poisonous gold-green shade. Female Chaotic Evil Kalashtar Psion (Shaper) 9
    Cygnia Knowles Verdana Dark Grey M NE Changeling Rogue2/Mountebank5/MountebankPrC2
    Aurangh Tar "Tight lips" Hagan ? M NE Jaebrin CONsiglieri,
    Forsaken Lucian the Black Knight ? M LN Warforged Warblade 8 Crusader 1
    Metastachydium Rijn of the Number #DAA520 M LE Lesser Earth Genasi Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1
    Cozja Heikros Majerlis #B22222 M NE Human Swashbuckler

Links
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-04-26 at 02:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: The Black Dahlias [OOC]

Knowles will speak in Verdana Dark Grey...

Spoiler: Statblock
    Show

Knowles
    M NE Changeling Rogue2/Mountebank5/MountebankPrC2, Level 9, Init 3, HP 55/55, Speed 30
    AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 18, Fort 4, Ref 8, Will 3, Base Attack Bonus 6/1
    Eternal Wand of Nerve Skitter in Wand Chamber Rapier +1 10/5 (1d6+1, 19-20/x2)
    7/day mists conceal wearer for 1 minute, vision not obscured, Least Crystal of Mind Cloaking Mithralmist Shirt (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Deflect, +1 Natural)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 20
    Condition Endure Elements (24/hr from Eternal Wand)
    Least Crystal of Mind Cloaking: +1 on saves against mind-affecting effects
    +2 racial bonus on saving throws against sleep and charm effects
    Evasion: At 2nd level and higher, a rogue can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage.
    Craven: You take a -2 penalty on saving throws against fear effects. However, when making a sneak attack, you deal an extra 1 point of damage per character level.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Estari will speak in Olive Green. Did you want us to use bold in our speech?

Spoiler: Estari Dawnsong
    Show
    Estari Dawnsong
    Female Chaotic Evil Kalashtar Psion (Shaper) 9, Level 9, Init 6, HP 91/91, Speed 30 ft
    AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 10, Base Attack Bonus 4, Power Points 80/103
    +1 Virulent Hand Crossbow +8 (1d4+1, 19-20x2)
    Extended Inertial Armor (+8 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 9, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition Extended Vigor (+45 hp, 22 hours, shared with psicrystal), Extended Inertial Armor (+8 AC, 22 hours, shared with psicrystal), Extended Share Pain (22 hours, self and psicrystal)

Spoiler: Astral Construct
    Show
    Nightblood, Personal Construct
    Large Construct, Neutral
    68 hp (7d10 + 30)
    AC 23 (+1 Dex, +13 natural, -1 size), touch 10, flat-footed 22
    Speed: 40 ft (8 squares), 40 ft fly (good)
    Full Attack: 2 slams +15 melee (1d8+11)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/10 ft
    Special Abilities: construct traits, DR 5/magic, darkvision 60 ft
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 33, Dex 13, Con Ø, Int Ø, Wis 11, Cha 10

Spoiler: Poisons and Reagents
    Show
    • Black Lotus Extract (Injury) - DC 20 Fort save; 3d6 Con / 3d6 Con (DMG)
    • Darklight Brew (Injury) - DC 23 Fort save; 2d6 Con + 1d6 Str / Blindness (DotU)
    • Terinav Root (Contact) - DC 20 Fort save; 1d6 Dex / 2d6 Dex (DMG)
    • Cave Terror (Injury) - DC 20 Fort save; Confusion effect (Und)
    • Vapid Leaf Extract (Contact) - DC 16 Fort save; Dazed / 1d6 Int (A&EG)
    • Goodnight Kiss (Ingested/Injury) - DC 15 Fort save; Exhaustion / Unconscious (CSc)
    • Trollbane - No save; shuts off regeneration (DS)
    • Oakdeath - When added to poison 1 hour before application, increases both poison saves DC by 2 (Dr 301)
    • Night Venom - When added to poison, failure against primary effect puts target to sleep until secondary effect activates (Dr 301)
    • Wild Fireclover - When added to ingested poison, failure against either effect gives -2 alchemical penalty to Will saves, spellcasters have to make DC 15 + spell level Concentration checks to cast spells, lasts 1 hour (Dragon 301)
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2024-04-29 at 11:49 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Table updated, I'll be doing sheet reviews, and a soft start sometime this week.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sorry about aany and all delays on my part; most of yesterday was a weird day, and the Forums hate me today.

Here's a statblock for

Rijn of the Number
    M LE Lesser Earth Genasi Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1, Level 9, Init 3, HP 82/82, Speed 30'
    AC 25, Touch 18, Flat-footed 22, Fort 11, Ref 11, Will 10, Base Attack Bonus 6/1, Power Points 0/0
    Reach; lesser c. of cold assault +1 greatspear +11/+6 (1d10+6+1d6 c., ×3)
    +1 greatspear and heavy pearlsteel shield +9/+9/+4 (1d10+6+1d6 c./1d4+2, ×3/×2)
    Punch people +11/+6 (1d6+5, ×2)
    Mithral; masterwork; lesser c. of rubicund frenzy (+3) +1 breastplate, Masterwork; pearlsteel +2 heavy shield (+7 Armor, +5 Shield, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
    Condition None
    –+2 racial bonus on saving throws against earth spells and effects;
    –AoOs have +2 competence to hit;
    –Aid Another in combat grants +3; flanking gives +2 to damage.

He'll speak in Bold and Flashy Gold (and probably shout things a lot).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Ah didn't see this my bad

My phone doesn't give me the fancy bits lol will add color and fix this post thinking a bold dark blue for color

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2895554

Bold 000080 blue one
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-04-26 at 03:13 PM.
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Link to the sheet

Also, Heikros will speak in Fire Brick
    Does this poster have a sign?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Hagan is ready, I'll speak in Dim Gray, unless it is difficult to read.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

(1d20+8)[15] my sense motive lol

What exactly are you looking for? Because my guy just had the urge to kill all of the captors since he believe they to be the most powerful. Then afterwards he calm down but still desire combat and awaiting a chance to grow even more powerful.

Pretty simple thoughts
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Nothing in particular, just being this guy. Looking at everyone, saying nothing.