New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default What are the major lore bombs of 5e Planescape?

For various personal reasons, I still haven't got my hands on the new Planescape books.

Which annoys me especially because I would like to be up-to-date with 5e's cosmology before I finally get to writing about a homebrew idea of mine.

So I would like people to share the biggest "Uh, that's the lore now?" moments they had while reading 5e Planescape.
    Homebrew planar maps for D&D 5e:
    • Standard planes: English / French / Medal
    • Additional planes: English / French / Thread (eventually)
    • For spelljamming: English / French / Thread (eventually)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: What are the major lore bombs of 5e Planescape?

There are a few changes, but I can’t really think of any that are Negative, they tend to be neutral at worst.

Like a decently noticeable change is that there is no longer a limit to the Factions, but instead there are tons, but only 12 are Ascendant and have great influence over the politics and running of Sigil. Others are more minor factions that are either on the rise of decline.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Envyus View Post
    There are a few changes, but I can’t really think of any that are Negative, they tend to be neutral at worst.

Like a decently noticeable change is that...
    That's what I am looking for, changes you took particular notice of. I apologize if my choice of words suggested it was about things you disliked.

there is no longer a limit to the Factions, but instead there are tons, but only 12 are Ascendant and have great influence over the politics and running of Sigil. Others are more minor factions that are either on the rise of decline.
    Thanks. What about, say, planar exemplars? Archons, demodands, guardinals, rimalni and maybe a replacement for celestial eladrin?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    That's what I am looking for, changes you took particular notice of. I apologize if my choice of words suggested it was about things you disliked.

Thanks. What about, say, planar exemplars? Archons, demodands, guardinals, rimalni and maybe a replacement for celestial eladrin?
    No Eladrin but all of those show up in the book.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

So I did something new for me and purchased directly from WotC's site. Not super happy with the result. I am going to vent for a bit.

Someone clearly tried to steal the contents of the package through a hole they cut. They only removed part of the stuffing, which might explain some of the bumps on the books, especially on the Bigby I commanded alongside Planescape. Speaking of Bigby, it turns out WotC still has the AI version in stock.

Also, maps are as difficult to remove as ever and this time I failed my Sleight of Hand check. I ended up removing the adjacent black page too. I don't think it makes much of a difference but still.