New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: The Hunt for the Holy Grail OOC

waiting you guys for IC posts, but I will post the next "ENEMY" actions saturday

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Noted on Blurring effect

When you activate this armor, your appearance becomes distorted and hazy, as if you were affected by a blur spell.

"Blur Spell"
    This distortion grants the subject concealment (20% miss chance).

The blurring property functions three times per day, and the effect lasts for 5 rounds.
    Just small correction. This is greater blurring armor, so the effect is at will and lasts for 10 minutes
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Do we have a way of burning them out or getting them to come out or do we just wait until all the buffs wear off and knock?
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Do we have a way of burning them out or getting them to come out or do we just wait until all the buffs wear off and knock?
    Shrug... do you?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Maybe, I don't know what sort of spells dusk raven's character has.
    I like the globe warm...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

My spells (well, Wizard spells anyway) are all on my sheet, but to summarize... my character's not really a "burning" kind of gal. She does, however, have a wide variety of spells in which we can stand safely, but in which they definitely won't want to. Some, like an Uttercold Wall of Fire, will even provide us cover. Blacklight also provides cover in the form of darkness, but it also telegraphs our area, and I'm the only one who can actually see in it. And of course, there's good 'ol Dimension Door, assuming I can see our destination or have a good idea where an open space is inside. Suffice to say, I have options. I will exercise one of them immediately.

EDIT: I was going to ask if people wanted to teleport or if I should use a wall, but I'm not sure I can actually touch our ghosts in order to teleport them. Hmm. No matter, I have just the spell for this.

Post made. I have made the assumption that I can get two turns off uninterrupted, but let me know if this is a mistaken assumption.
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-05-13 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    My spells (well, Wizard spells anyway) are all on my sheet, but to summarize... my character's not really a "burning" kind of gal. She does, however, have a wide variety of spells in which we can stand safely, but in which they definitely won't want to. Some, like an Uttercold Wall of Fire, will even provide us cover. Blacklight also provides cover in the form of darkness, but it also telegraphs our area, and I'm the only one who can actually see in it. And of course, there's good 'ol Dimension Door, assuming I can see our destination or have a good idea where an open space is inside. Suffice to say, I have options. I will exercise one of them immediately.

EDIT: I was going to ask if people wanted to teleport or if I should use a wall, but I'm not sure I can actually touch our ghosts in order to teleport them. Hmm. No matter, I have just the spell for this.

Post made. I have made the assumption that I can get two turns off uninterrupted, but let me know if this is a mistaken assumption.
    given events i can say 2 turns off is fine, and i will permit "TOUCH" for ghosts to be teleported if its what is decided

given the range of 250ft from the monastery

1st Turn:
    Move action: Get out that Quicken Metamagic rod, and hold it in the same arm as my buckler.
    Standard Action: Cast Haste on everyone. That'll last for a good 15 turns.

2nd Turn:
    Standard Action: Cast Spiritwall, from the Spell Compendium.
    In short: Everyone within 60 feet of the other side of the wall must make a Will save (DC 24) or be frightened and flee for 1d4 rounds. In the meantime, the wall is both cover and concealment for all physical attacks, and blocks line of effect for magic. If living creatures go through the wall, they will not have a good time.
    I'm a little unclear on how the area of the spell works, since the wording is different from, say, Wall of Fire. It's a "Swirling wall whose area is up to one 10-ft. square/level, or a sphere or hemisphere with a radius of up to 1 ft./level." I'm taking the former option, and I don't know if it conjures a number of "panels" that I can arrange as I like, or not, but if so I'm going to block as much of the front of the monastery as I can.
    It'll last for 15 minutes, though we hardly need it that long.

Move action: Move with the aid of my new 60 foot movement speed towards the entrance.
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-05-13 at 07:59 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Enemy Rolls
    Spiritwall is disjunctioned " once the distance reaches the monastery "

(1d20+21)[34] attempt to greater dispel Haste

if anyone has the ability to see Ethereal let me know

spellcraft to understand what is being done from the enemy side when you realize spiritwall fizzles

edit
    once i have that info I will post stuff IC
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-05-13 at 09:00 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

My Mask of True Seeing lets me focus into the Ethereal, but I don't think I have the wisdom or intelligence to think of that idea, lol

Also, I figured I'd just kick things off with a literal meme.
    Last edited by Breitheamh; 2024-05-13 at 10:39 AM.
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

10. - Top - End - #70

NecromancerGirl

Spiritwall is disjunctioned " once the distance reaches the monastery "
    By that do you mean once we get there, or pretty much right as the wall itself forms?

Dispel attempt on Haste succeeds.

Anyway, Spellcraft: (1d20+23)[27]
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

By that do you mean once we get there, or pretty much right as the wall itself forms?

Dispel attempt on Haste succeeds.

Anyway, Spellcraft: [roll0]
    Spiritwall
    Duration: 1 min./level (D)
    Effect: Swirling wall whose area is up to one 10-ft. square/level, or a sphere or hemisphere with a radius of up to 1 ft./level

Presumptions that it will be disjunctioned on my part because your party is 250ft away
    That you are casting it so that is is at or very near the entrance to the temple
    & your caster level is at least 18 thus a 180ft square vs an 18ft hemisphere which would do nothing.

so if cast at a location so that a portion of the "wall" gets inside the temple where it might do some good... then it gets disjunctioned

RE:
    Mask of True Seeing

okay so you have sight out to I believe 120ft, which will see nothing from your current position

RE:
    Spellcraft: (1d20+23)[27]

you will realize at least on the haste spell that someone or something just dispelled it ; if we apply the disjunction as well then add you know they are powerful

RE: Breitheamh
    "LEEROOOOOOYYYY JENKINS!!!"

I can honestly say you are probably the 2 or 3rd person that I have ever known to use that phrase

*I am not finding a link to your sheet can you please use your 1st ooc post to link your sheet.
    and then I need to know how far

re: Psycho Ban
    Garg charges alongside the Black Knight.
    *I am not finding a link to your sheet can you please use your 1st ooc post to link your sheet.
    and then I need to know how far
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-05-13 at 05:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

13. - Top - End - #73

NecromancerGirl

Spiritwall
    Duration: 1 min./level (D)
    Effect: Swirling wall whose area is up to one 10-ft. square/level, or a sphere or hemisphere with a radius of up to 1 ft./level

Presumptions that it will be disjunctioned on my part because your party is 250ft away
    That you are casting it so that is is at or very near the entrance to the temple
    & your caster level is at least 18 thus a 180ft square vs an 18ft hemisphere which would do nothing.

so if cast at a location so that a portion of the "wall" gets inside the temple where it might do some good... then it gets disjunctioned
    No, it's entirely outside the temple. It's meant to serve as a visual obstruction first and foremost, and as such is just right outside of the front entrance, going east-west. It'll probably get disjunctioned anyway, since depending on interpretation, it might affect those inside even if the wall itself doesn't reach inside. I don't know if it's fear effect spreads around corners, the description just says creatures "within 60 feet."

I'll take the trade of a 5th-level spell to use up one of their 9th-levels (presumably), ultimately. It will make our approach more hazardous, however.
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-05-13 at 11:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

No, it's entirely outside the temple. It's meant to serve as a visual obstruction first and foremost, and as such is just right outside of the front entrance, going east-west. It'll probably get disjunctioned anyway, since depending on interpretation, it might affect those inside even if the wall itself doesn't reach inside. I don't know if it's fear effect spreads around corners, the description just says creatures "within 60 feet."

I'll take the trade of a 5th-level spell to use up one of their 9th-levels (presumably), ultimately. It will make our approach more hazardous, however.
    okay it will not be disjunctioned as it is not entering the temple, this was presumed to occur to be in the temple.

your spiritwall is active the haste spell however is not

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Lioslaith
    Psycho Ban
    Breitheamh
    Dusk Raven
    Rilem

are you guys still playing ?
    Last edited by samduke; Yesterday at 01:31 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Last I knew myself and Sir Anger charged the front gate, so I'm not sure what happens after that.
    Show

Town Square execution.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, attack rolls were terrible there, but if they all hit that's 430 damage....
    Show

Town Square execution.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post
    Well, attack rolls were terrible there, but if they all hit that's 430 damage....
    okay I asked how far you moved before dealing with the potential charge, I presumed that you move 20 ft/30ft. thus a charge is not an option from 250ft away

so instead I went with a "RUN" then adjudicated the spiritwall casting.

as this occurs Garg & Black Knight decide to charge the temple moving at a speed of 80ft, (garg 20ft x4 as if running) they are now at 170ft from the temple entrance.
    If you are charging from that location I still need to know how far you move? because at this point you would be 170ft from the entrance and Charge only allows 2x speed 40ft/60ft, and that would again leave you short of being able to pounce attack ect.
    Last edited by samduke; Yesterday at 03:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Then I move until I’m in range to do that. We haven’t rolled initiative yet, so I didn’t realize we were using tactical movement.
    Show

Town Square execution.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Before the black knight gets there can I throw an abyssal blast?
    I like the globe warm...

21. - Top - End - #81

NecromancerGirl

Indeed, initiative would help.

Oh yeah, I meant to ask - can Dispel Magic be used to dispel an effect through something that blocks line of effect? This changes nothing about my post, but it will affect how quickly we get into combat.

Assuming the invisible one is not responsible for dispelling, of course, in which case the wall I put up helps me little against them.