New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Default My take on the Aberrant Mind Sorcerer.

Hey guys, I just got finished writing up my backstory and thought I'd share with you! Aberrant mind is my favorite subclass, and I after taking the Entertainer background, I really wanted to lean into that aspect and meld it so with the Abberant Mind.

Lucien grew up in a small bayou village on the Tethyrian peninsula and lived a carefree life partying, chasing girls and most importantly playing music.

Lucien learned to play the lute before he could walk, and had played every backwoods shanty, tavern and sleezy joint throughout the region.

After a month long bender through the backwoods of Wealdath, Lucien began having unsettling dreams of an strange and alien realm accompanied by dark cosmic whispering which had begun to persist into his waking mind, planting seeds of madness. Lucien dealt with this affliction in the only way he knew how... through music. Transforming the eldritch whispers inside his head into beautiful and terrible cords on his lute.

With the song completed, Lucien decided to debut it at his next gig, at the Captain's Cabin on the outskirts of Murann. With a sizable crowd in attendance, Lucien saved his new song labeled "From Beyond" for his final set.

The night was hot and sticky, and sweat beaded on Lucien's forehead; droplets streaming down his face as he hunched, feverish over his lute, consumed by the profane, transcendent guitar riff that held the crowd transfixed and enthralled by it's otherworldly melody.

As Lucien wailed on his lute, his fingers dancing across the strings with inhuman speed, "From Beyond" reached It's crescendo. Above the tavern, a dark portal swirled slowly into existence, timber beams replaced by a darkness from beyond the stars. Unknowable colors pulsed and a single, terrible eye could be seen peering back from the abyss. As shadowy tendrils descended upon the room, Lucien; possessed and unable to relent, continued his frenetic playing.

When the song finally ended and the writhing shadows withdrew into the fading portal, Lucien strummed his final cord as he slowly regained his senses. He had no idea of how long he had been playing, hours or even days, he could not say. A sickening horror crept up his spine as he slowly scanned the room before him. Slivers of sunlight pierced through the boarded walls and dirty windows of the tavern, offering glimpses of what remained of the crowd which he had played for. Their bodies lay atop one another twisted and grotesque, blood and other fluid seeping from their eyes and ears, while others looked as through their head had burst, with bits of brain splattered about. Most horrific of all however, was those who's heads remaind, the expression upon their faces was one of pure morbid bliss and euphoria.

Lucien doesn't remember much about the days or weeks that followed. Filled with guilt and despair, he fled Tethyr and wandered North, ending up in the city of Neverwinter. A shell of his former self, he's been keeping a low profile and working as a dishwasher in a place called the "Tris' Lockup". Whatever it was that visited the Captain's Cabin that night has wrapped it's tendrils around Lucien's psyche and now he struggles to understand his bizarre new powers and navigate the difficult road which lay ahead of him.
    Last edited by Snig; 2024-04-30 at 04:45 AM.