Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

Richard:
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing in particular really comes to mind. In fact, you're pretty sure there aren't any druidic sects that specifically worship evil shadowy weasels.

Sure, some worship vermin... Others are really into the fey. And there are a number of minor traditions spread throughout Khorvaire. But there aren't any that particularly single out this one animal.

2. - Top - End - #152

WolfInSheepsClothing

DungeonMaster77:
    Spoiler
    Show

There's nothing in the central room that would do a good job of containment. However, the kitchen nearby should have a good number of metal pots and pans. It may not be useful for observational purposes, but at least there's nothing yet which suggests that they can bite through solid metal.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

"Though, perhaps we should see if there are other rooms in the building to check. I think there might be some more guest rooms here on the first floor."

If anyone else chooses to join him, Carmot goes to check the other first floor rooms, starting with bedrooms and then the kitchen and others. His crossbow at the ready.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Richard:

He growled lightly as he lost his 'briliant' train of thought. There was no druidic tradition in regards to the weasel, but all that time and effort was so wasteful. He just felt so useless here, waiting, in this dreary place. He grabbed what he found that would be useful for starting a fire (some whiskey and some rags), but wasn't really interested in starting the fire just yet.

"I checked it, Father. It's evil, but the aura isn't strong, thank the Flame." He said as he got closer to the group. He had a good head on his shoulder's at least, he forgot that the bag wouldn't hold the thing if it really wanted to escape.

When the warforged (who's name he hadn't caught yet) offered to check the remaindor of the rooms. He leaped at the chance. At least, if nothing else, he could protect the warforged from dark rats that lept at them from the cellar.

"I'll help. Holy water's beside my bag Father if you need it." he said as he grabbed his shield. It wasn't so much gleeful as it was a sort of releif in knowing he could do something. His sword in one hand and his shield in the other. He would take the lead if the warforged didn't stop him.

"Richard." Is all he said.

5. - Top - End - #155

WolfInSheepsClothing

A brief survey of the first floor area reveals that there are 32 bedrooms, 1 kitchen, 2 private dining rooms, and 3 restrooms. All of which are relatively clean and devoid of any living persons or things.

The entrance to a cellar, if there is one, is not immediately obvious at first glance. The outside area remains unexplored.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

Carmot gets a large metal pot from the kitchen and gets a lid for it along with a metal sieve, basket, or sheet of glass to serve as a transparent lid.

He brings it to Father Porter.

"Here are some things that may help contain and observe it."

After this, he returns to the kitchen and does a search for the entrance to the cellar, reasoning that the cellar would be close to the kitchen for easy access. It would either be there or it would have an outside entrance.

While he does so, he checks if the kitchen has doors or windows and looks outside to see if the odd mist is seen there as well.

Search: (1d20+6)[23]
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157

WolfInSheepsClothing

After some searching you do find a metal grill that would do the trick. It might take some hammering to fit, but it'll stay tight once it's done.

There are a quite a few tiny portals to the outside. There is indeed the same mist there as elsewhere.

After a thorough search, you find a hidden latch on one of the stoves. This latch triggers a section of the wall to shift at the far end of the kitchen which opens to...another wall apparently.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

DUN DUN DUN

"Now this is most unusual..." Carmot says as he sees the wall open up after he hits the latch on the stove.

He takes the grill out to the room with the others.

"I have discovered something unusual in the kitchen, after activating a small device on one of the stoves, a section of the wall opened up to reveal another wall. I'm not sure what it could be used for... but we could do well to examine it for clues. Oh, I also found this handy little metal grill, not quite as exciting or mysterious but with a little hammering I think it would make a fine addition to our little weasel cage."

Carmot gets out his tools and begins working on the cage, he puts the weasel in the pot and then puts the grill over the top, hammering and bending the grill to secure it on the top of the pot.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

Syd perks up at the mention of a secret door. "While you're messin' with the weasel cage, I'll check out the second wall!" he says as he hops off into the kitchen, a big grin plastered on his face.

Once in the kitchen, the dwarf heads over to the spot mentioned by the warforged and begins thoroughly inspecting the wall for a secondary switch to open as well as any possible traps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+8)[14]
    I really meant to post yesterday. Ugh. What a mess. Sorry, y'all!
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-01-16 at 05:31 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd
    Need a little boost on that roll!
    Action Point: (1d6)[4]

11. - Top - End - #161

WolfInSheepsClothing

Syd:
    Spoiler
    Show

The bricks of the wall appear to form a very simple mechanism and are probably very, very, old. The bricks are pushed and shifted to some, unknown, effect. Although one can guess that it might open something.

OOC: An open lock check would work on this.

Incidentally...there's nothing stopping you from taking 20 on things. :p Don't have to keep spending AP on every little thing...

OOC: Heh, I had most of this post written for about 4 hours. :p Gotta love the OotS effect.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

After a bit of investigation, Syd realizes what needs to be done. "Pretty simple, really," he says to no one in particular. "Just a few shifts of these blocks and..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Open Lock: (Take 20) 26
    OOC: Good point, I just figured if they're a somewhat renewable resource, I might as well use them!

13. - Top - End - #163

WolfInSheepsClothing

Over a minute after the dwarf leaves, a very audible click arises from the kitchen.

Syd:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: That's a reflex save. Don't worry, it isn't that bad. :p
    Last edited by Theli; 2008-01-03 at 05:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Father Porter

After seeing that the weasle is now safely away (safe: as in, 'we are safe knowing that it is locked up in a container'), I heft my mace and go to the kitchen with the others to check out this new 'wall.' Peering from the doorway to the kitchen, but not in the kitchen, as he intends to study the weasle now that it is in a cage, and is just curious to see what everybody found, I say:

"Wow. That is...interesting. Might I suggest that we all get some rest and recouperate so that we can be fresh to deal with any potential threats this new wall may oncover? We aren't all looking that healthy, and I am almost out of spells."
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

15. - Top - End - #165

The elf stood up, tired of being completely useless in this situation. He began to stride around, pondering, but upon hearing a click coming from the kitchen he walks towards it with most of the rest.

Now, what was that noise? I'm sure it's nothing good, but it's probably our best bet to examine it at least a little. He stood in the doorway of the kitchen, observing the 'secret' wall. Well, it has to be something who would put a wall secretely behind another wall?

Ummm....Syd, you said your name was? Yes, Syd how is it that you can figure this out so fast? Wow...it's, amazing. Regardless, I'd have to agree with you father, it would be best if we were to rest for a little while before exploring beyond what we know. He spoke, while trying to relax himself by slouching his body against the door frame. When he leaned, he slumped and nearly fell before bracing himself and settling into a more comfortable crouch-sit.

Weasels in cages.....what is going on?

-Suzuro
    Last edited by Suzuro; 2008-01-04 at 07:54 PM.
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Richard

When the warforged had left with the grill Richard had stayed behind and looked at the wall. He didn't really know what to think about it, because in all honesty he had never ever encountered such a thing before. Why would someone place a wall behind another wall?

Syd and company followed suit and then he went ahead and began to scurry along the wall searching the bricks? And then there was a sound click as something began to unfold.

He kind of ignored the elf and Father Porter, the click had really put him on edge and he readied his weapon for some sort of conflict. When things went 'click' things typically go bad, it was his training in the army that told him that one. Click and then a comrade was sniped off by the enemy.

17. - Top - End - #167

WolfInSheepsClothing

The interior of the kitchen is made of what looks almost like bronzewood, very hard. When the wall at the far end of the kitchen shifted after the latch was triggered, part of the wooden interior moved to uncover a stone wall. The wooden interior may have been built after the stone wall, ages ago.

OOC: Now this stone wall has also shifted... but I'm gonna have to wait for GimliFett before I get to that.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save: (1d20+4)[14]

19. - Top - End - #169

WolfInSheepsClothing

Syd just barely ducks as the wall rapidly pivots on a horizontal axis about 2/3rds the way up from the ground. It stops at a 60° angle. If he was just a little shorter, it might not have been a danger at all.

The now open wall reveals short stairs leading downwards to a large room full of bags and crates. It extends at least 40 feet forwards. The side walls can't be seen from this angle.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd

With a low whistle, the dwarf pokes his head into the opening. "Think we've found the cellar. What else have we found, hm?" he asks as his body follows his head into the orifice, shortbow at the ready.

21. - Top - End - #171

WolfInSheepsClothing

The cellar opens up to a 60' by 60' room. The ceiling is about 10' high. The entrance is near one corner, the wall extending about 20' to the left. There is a wide doorway about 20' to the left of the corner opposite this one. There are no other exits.

The area smells of various foods and spices. The same tell-tale shadowy illumination is present in this room as well. Nothing moves and no sounds can be heard.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd

The dwarf proceeds deeper into the cellar, heading directly for the doorway in the opposite corner. "Well, no one seems to be hiding out here to avoid our little friends. Wine cellar?" he asks no one in particular as he reaches the doorway.

23. - Top - End - #173

WolfInSheepsClothing

When you get to the door, you see a few racks of wine in the nearby corner.

The door is barred from inside the cellar by a wooden crossbar.

24. - Top - End - #174

Father Porter

"Well...this has become more interesting. Why would an innkeeper hide their cellar? I still say we rest before proceeding further. I say we close all of the doors between that and us, rest, have somebody stand watch, and then, proceed further. Assuming we find nothing of note down there, we can venture outside. What say all ye?"

Father Porter seems more concerned about the general well-being of his newfound friends and the only non-shadow-weasle beings that he has had contact since waking than out of any real kind of fear.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

25. - Top - End - #175

WolfInSheepsClothing

Your basic knowledge of history would tell you that this area is known for conflict. In fact, the halfling tribes of the plains have tussled with the Elves to the south many times in the past. This precaution may be the result of running a business in that climate of aggression.

It's somewhat common knowledge.
    Last edited by Theli; 2008-01-04 at 05:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Sydian d'Kundarak

The dwarf nods sagely at Father Porter's words. "Aye. A good idea, I think. If we hole up here, we can eat while we're here. I doubt, given there lack of presence, they'll mind us helping ourselves," Syd shrugs. "They are, after all, the House of Hospitality."
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-01-04 at 05:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

After finishing the cage, Carmot follows the others and looks at the secret passageway. "Impressive." He says, admiring the design. Then he thinks about it "I wonder where the secondary switches are... they must have switches inside the cellar as well to close the walls after them... better not flip them out of order, wouldn't want the wooden wall to slide into the stone wall when its rotated out like this."

He searches the cellar for any switches, levers or other devices. He also checks the barred door, remembering the layout and determining if it might leads to a room under the inn or if it leads out of the building.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

WolfInSheepsClothing

A brief search finds the mechanisms that would close the stone and wood walls. They are hidden on one wall not too far from the stairs, near the ground.

From what you can recall, this exit must lead to some location outside the Inn.
    Last edited by Theli; 2008-01-04 at 09:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Richard

Richard was glad that the dwarf hadn't been knocked out cold by the beam. One of his little thoughts of wisdom: When you hear a click, bad things happen was again correct. Check one for paranoia, even if it was unnecesary paranoia. And he followed them down in the wine cellar.

He had to agree with them stopping to rest. He really wanted to help anyone who was caught up in this schebackle as they were, but so far he hadn't found any reason to beleive that there were any other people than themselves to begin with.

He agreed with both the dwarf and father's suggestions. He didn't really want to take food, but frankly, their survival might be at stake here.

"Let's grab the weasel and our stuff then." He said after he took a good look around downstairs. He began to walk up the stairs to do just that.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

"Indeed, we should be able to rest here, it was built to be secure." He helps bring the cage and other things down into the cellar.

"Is everybody ready?" If nobody says otherwise he uses the mechanisms to close the secret passageway.

He takes out his lantern and his flint 'n steel so that if the eerie light goes out he can light the lantern.
    Spoiler
    Show