New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Bound - IC

1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Bound - IC

Silf

Moving beside the captain trying to be as quiet as possible, Silf whispers in his ear. "I am here. You must find a place to rest. If you know of an inn nearby, make your way there and say my name 3 more times. I will follow at a distance and make sure you have not been followed." With that silf will take flight and following her captain will keep casting invisability while she follows him from the air.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

With that the Guard Captain looks around and says Wait! I must return home to my family! IF you want this stuff come and get it. He proceeds to call a warhorse out of thin air. HE mounts his horse and rides off down the street after dropping the sack in the middle of the plaza.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Caught off guard as she hovers in the air she regains her bearings and flies down to where the bag was left. Picking up the bag and hopiing it turns invisible as she does so she flies back into the air.

"Oh well i guess i'll have to find another plaything that is a little more obedient."
    She muses to herself and teleports back to the others.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

4. - Top - End - #274

Inside the bag is a large maP about 2ft by 3 ft when rolled out. It is old and worn but very servicable. -MAP -

Also in the bag is a small pounch with 5g, 21s, 8c. And about 3 days worth of dry tack, a torch and a blanket.

It is now mid morning, about 10am.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-01-27 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Heheh...fixed my slepping er...spelling

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Studying the mage carfully tries to determine whether it is an arcane or divine caster... lol

oh she also studies the map.
    "Sorry about just popping out like that. I had to go and see to some matters of importance. However they didn't exactly go quite as well as i had hoped. I may benefit from spells that hinder scrying attempts from now on. At least it was worthwhile, we got a map out of the mess." Silf says showing the others the map as she looks at it herself.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne

Glad that she can do something useful (She's felt frustrated for a while now) Kayrne closes in to Silf and touches her with a chain. You hide me from sight, I hide you from magic she whispers telepathically while using her divination-foiling magic. The demoness then focuses on studying the map. Well, certainly the map is very useful she thinks "aloud". We have three days before the droplet's friend will help us. Let's check the mage's guild or else we could try to visit one of these neighboring cities. she suggests
    a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Well... If we set off now, we'd probably arrive at the guild for noon. Let's go.

V walks off in the direction of the guild.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

8. - Top - End - #278

Walking through the city you find that it is largely sectionalized. There are several street that are entirely made up of one kind of shop. A street full of cobblers, another of livestock brokers, etc. People bustle about the city on whatever business they have.

For those who have not seen it yet -The mages guild is a smallish tower, compared to what you are used to at least. It is made of simple granite and rises to about 30 feet above a squat three story building. It is relatively nondescript. A chest high stone wall is topped with another 10 feet of wrought iron fencing that encircles the place. A wrought iron gate stands open. Wrought into the bars of the gate are a pair of crossed wands and a classical "all-seeing" eye".

The guild sits on a broad well kept avenue. Two individual lanes separated by a small swath of green. At one end of the half kilometer avenue is a bridge across the small river that bisects Pigiron, on the other end is what looks to be a governent building, which the guild is almost right next to. All of the buildings are nice and well kept. Fleet Street, as it is named, is lit by everburning torches with glass housings every 50 on alternating sides of the avenue. There is light traffic on the street, a couple of fine coaches and some pedestrians about on their morning business.

As you approach the mages guild you see the outer doors stand open. Inside the doors is an alcove in which you can see a pair of large stone statues flanking another set of double doors (closed). A brass speaking tube juts out from both the inner and outer walls.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-01-28 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Adding Flavor

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

V

V takes care to be in his young form; not the older one that he'd shown to the mages. Just in case He ensured that his voice was different also.

It'd be best if... someone else did the talking. As far as you guys are concerned, you are the first ones here, and are comming to enquire about conjuration. Probably best if we don't mention the Lich until we are talking to the master in person. The buttler would probably link it to me otherwise.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Shrugging with disinterest Silf studies the map more closely. Jingling the coins she aquired listening to the noise they made. "Either way. So who is going to do the talking if you dont want to? The rain dropplet?" She says smiling at Waetir. "Do you think it would be best for all of us to go see this wizard or would we be best separating for the time being? I'm not sure if the wizards would appreciate me continually using my abilities to keep Pain concealed or her blocking scrying spells on myself with her abilities in their presence. While i don't think it would be entirely necessary to do so i don't like the idea of being detected by those we have offended with our presence here. I suggest that Pain and myself make haste to a different city or noticeable landmark to explore and wait for you to join us after you have discused our options with the mages. I know it isn't ideal but considering our options it might be best to find someplace safer for our kind and where pain will not be as noticeable. On the other hand we could always try to find some sort of magical device to alter her appearance or even devise some sort of costume to disguise her appearance." Silf concludes still looking at the map trying to discern another location that might be more hospitable to her and her allies.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

V

That makes sence. Looks like it's you and me Waetir.
    V walks up to the exterior of the building, but does not go in; waiting for Waetir to take the lead.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne

That sounds like a most intelligent suggestion, Silf says Pain, very pleased with the succubu's suggestion. Brangan camp or Grint's despair have the two most promising names, although Gowevyr seems large-ish enough to have more interesting resources She seems to ponder the different options. If it was up to me I'd go to Bangran camp, then meet with the others when they have a response in the edge or the forest or the town itself. I don't know how much time we'd need, though. She looks to the others. Let's say the three days the clerics told us they needed. Does that sound ok? she inquires while wondering the effect of the bounding when they are separate.
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-01-29 at 11:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Thinking about Pain's comments Silf agrees with a nod of her head. "I think it would be best and easiest if the others are able to catch up with us once their business with the mages is concluded. I believe you have the ability to teleport, right V?" Silf says as she turns to reguard him. "Now all we have to do is pick where to go and perhaps get you a cloak to help make introductions a bit less awkward eh, Pain?" Silf says smilingto her invisible companion as she starts to move away from the others. The thought of shopping for a disguise has captured her attention and she begins moving towards where she suspects the shops and vendors of the town might be located. "See you both in a day or so." She calls back over her shoulder to the others as she makes her way down the lane."
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pain follows Silf like a silent shadow, excited with the prespective of the trip. Shall we grab something quickly and leave, or do you have something planned in mind? she inquires, looking at their surroundings, just in case someone can see through the invisibility spell. if it was up to me I'd just leave now and head to Bangran camp, then follow up to Gowevyr, and see if we find out something useful she says, looking at the streets below for someone wearing a cloak.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

"Where shall we go to find you a nice cloak to wear during our travels Pain?" Talking over her shoulder Silf looks for a shop in which they can find some clothing that is also open at this hour.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne

Any large traveller will do she says, not really interested in loosing more time than is strictly necessary. You can charm him, I can kill him, or we can look for a shop. The demoness looks around for any shop open around. Somewhere deep inside, the human soul that sparked her wanted to look for a pretty cloak, but she repressed the thought, almost chuckling. Ah, the vanity she "whispered" telepathically.