New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bound - IC

1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bound - IC

Jacinth continues to soar above the island That all depends on your intentions. As long as you do not defile this place or attempt to free Savantir, I will not interfere with you.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

A short laugh comes to all of your minds as Waetir speaks telepathically. "I have no intentions of freeing him. I have a problem with someone binding me so strongly there, especially since I was actually willing to work with him if he'd quit trying to do so. Idiot brainless skeleton."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

"Aren't all skeletons brainless?" Silf quips into the mental conversation. "I think that finding some sort of civilised place to rest and perhaps hire some assistance might be a good place to start. The only question is where might we find one? Which direction should we head?"
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-01-07 at 04:54 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Indeed.

V's thoughts betray slight amusement. Very slight.

I agree with you, Silf. As to your question, that... would be one for Jax.

V responds to his comrads by telepathy, before speaking normally to the island's master.

Well, friend? What is this world like? Where would we go to find cities, and the mortals that flock through such places? In what direction, and how far?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-07 at 03:14 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

5. - Top - End - #125

The gull says as he wheels to face a new direction seeming to hover in the wind Go in the directionof the setting sun for three leagues, you will see a light house. There you will find people. He turns and skims the water, snapping up a small fish and swallowing it with a flip of his beak.

He lands in front of Silf and V, the bird's voice deepens and carries some menace in the tone saying If you tell anyone of this place I will hunt you down. With another hop he launches himself into the sky again gaining altitude but not leaving sight of you four.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-01-08 at 10:46 AM. Reason: I can spall!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Silf looks to V with a mischievious light in her eye and proceeds to tell him about a wonderful magical island with a cave that holds a portal to a lich bound in another plane. Once she is done she looks at V and confesses. "I Never was fond of rules or people telling me what to do. After that lich ordering us around the last thing i am going to do is listen to a seagul giving me orders. I don't think it matters much as you already knew but not telling anyone would have been beyond my reach at the moment." With that she leans towards the cave and looking around for the others and asks if they are all ready to be on their way now that they have a direction in mind.

Silf carefully braids her hair using a stick to twist it then pin it in place. She stretches briefly and then you notice sharp talons piercing the flesh of her shoulder blades. She arches her back and then leans forward as wings errupt from her back. A dark reddish membrane that seems too thin to bear weight but also has a leathery texture as though it is covered in blood that has almost but not quite dried.
    Silf pants heavily as she flexes her wings a few times. "Does that ever feel good." She exclaims breathily. "Nothing like a good stretch and a little bit of pain to get a girl worked up." She smiles at anyone who is willing to pay attention tracing a laquered nail resembling a small claw along the talon of one of her wings gathering a small drop of blood. She quickly puts the drop of blood on her tongue and with a small smile tastes it and purs to herself.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

V

V seems ammused at Silf's little act of mischief. A telepahich laugh comes to her along with the communication

Heh. I don't mind, but it might be good to keep the birdy happy. We don't know what he really is. Ever met a dragon, Silf?

V follows Silf back to the others, smiling slightly. He is still in human guise, and playfully ruffles his own black hair. He lays back on the sand for a bit, letting it get in his hair. He enjoys the sensation. From his position, he watches Silf's little "exercise" for a little, smiling, before turning to the others.

Once they are all ready, V smiles a crocadile grin, and starts a conversation.

So, how'll we travel? Do you fancy a sea flight? Or shall we teleport in that direction?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-07 at 05:12 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

8. - Top - End - #128

Evening begins to set in, you can all see the sun beginning to set. For those with some survival skills you know that the sun sets in the West on this world.

Jax the gull continues to float on the breeze, watching his domain.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne seems to return to her senses as V speaks,although she still seems absent, terrified perhaps, by something the others cannot see.

The succubi exercises seem to amuse her, though, particularly when she sips her own blood.

I do not fear this parrot or its petty menaces she transmits her partners telepathically But I see no reason to stay in this island either, so let's fly the way the gull said she suggests, rattling her chains.
    a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Certianly, Miss...?

V waits for the demoness' name before continuing.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

11. - Top - End - #131

OOC- Keep talking, I'm just moving the story a long a little.

As you all leave the island you can clearly see the ring of fog that lays heavy around it. Gaining a little altitude and flying into the setting sun you can see that the waters are empty this far out from the mainland.

A few hours of flight later you can see a few sails on the horizon, white against the darkening sky.

As you come closer a shaft of light spears out and sweeps across the sea. Highlighting the ships and the location of the lighthouse Jax spoke of. The ivory finger of stone grows as you approach. You can see the sweeping light flashing in the distance before you can see the horizon darken with the sight of the land.

Fully dark now the sky is clear and the moon is at half. You can see the enormous ligthhouse, easily a hundred feet high and fifty wide at the base. A tall wall of white stone surrounds the structure much like a castle. You can see torches of guards walking the perimeter. There are cliffs on all sides of the lighthouse compound, which drop down to the sea on the East and sand on the Northwest. The stone jetty that it sits on is connected to the cliffs beyond by a simple heavy wood and rope bridge that you estimate could support a cart and 4 oxen.

The cliffs that rise on the far side of the lighthouse are topped with orchards, the fruit trees are heavy with apples, and pears. It must be the middle of the harvest season on the prime. Beyond the orchards you can see the smoke of a large city, lights of the city glittering in the warm clear night.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

The demoness stops a while to look at the yugoloth. After a few seconds she decides to reply, and with a trace of a smile in her usually painful face she transmits telepathically We all know the power of true names, so Kayrne. Or Pain. That's how you can call me, as you prefer. With that, she gains height and flies to the sea.

I guess we should fly quite high she adds. Humans tend to be scared of our appearance. She then pauses and looks at the others; well, humans tend to be scared of my appearance she rectifies, since she doubts Waetir will even be noticed and the other two can look human if so they want.
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-01-11 at 07:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

"A dragon? Well that sounds simple too cute to even imagine. What does it do cuddle happles passers-by until they beg for mercy? Haha oh no lookout it's a fluffy dwagon." Silf amuses herself with making light of the dragon as she has no idea what one is. She then turns to reguard Pain and smiles. "I can turn you and the others invisible if you are afraid your appearance might cause problems once we get nearer to the land or we could just fly high enough to remain out of sight and send the cute little wet one in to gather some information." With that last Silf joins pain in the air and waits to see if the others require assistance to travel by air or if they can make their way by their own means.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Smiling, V takes off. He replies to Silf, after they are in the air

Think along the lines of a mortal Balor. Only bigger, and likes to breath fire; insted of swing it arround.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Smiling the kind of smile you would expect from a human child on the night before a harvest festival celebration Silf replies. "Bigger than a Balor eh? Now that is something i would LOVE to see. I know Balors and if they are that powerful than just as energetic than this plane might just be worth spending time on after all."

Still smiling a big grin Silf looks for Waetir and if he accepts offers to carry him for the duration of the flight. "Cute little water thingy, can't have him getting all sleepy weepy." She coos to the water droplet.
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-01-11 at 01:50 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

A soft laugh ripples through Silf's mind. "I thank you for the offer of a ride, although I do not sleep."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne

Enjoying the sensation of flight as she never did as a mortal, she looks backwards, pleased with the others following her. You certainly have a wide array of useful skills she says with a slight trace of envy in her voice. And yet you don't know of dragons... she adds, wondering what kind of planes has she visited before.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Not insulted in the least by her comments Silf says. "Well usually i am summoned for more... shall we say, intimate demands. Therefore most of my knowledge is limited to such things as they can be related to my 'abilities'." With the last word Silf puffs out her ample chest nearly causing Waetir to tumble from his perch from within her bossom as she does so.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greyen View Post
    OOC- Keep talking, I'm just moving the story a long a little.

As you all leave the island you can clearly see the ring of fog that lays heavy around it. Gaining a little altitude and flying into the setting sun you can see that the waters are empty this far out from the mainland.

A few hours of flight later you can see a few sails on the horizon, white against the darkening sky.

As you come closer a shaft of light spears out and sweeps across the sea. Highlighting the ships and the location of the lighthouse Jax spoke of. The ivory finger of stone grows as you approach. You can see the sweeping light flashing in the distance before you can see the horizon darken with the sight of the land.

Fully dark now the sky is clear and the moon is at half. You can see the enormous ligthhouse, easily a hundred feet high and fifty wide at the base. A tall wall of white stone surrounds the structure much like a castle. You can see torches of guards walking the perimeter. There are cliffs on all sides of the lighthouse compound, which drop down to the sea on the East and sand on the Northwest. The stone jetty that it sits on is connected to the cliffs beyond by a simple heavy wood and rope bridge that you estimate could support a cart and 4 oxen.

The cliffs that rise on the far side of the lighthouse are topped with orchards, the fruit trees are heavy with apples, and pears. It must be the middle of the harvest season on the prime. Beyond the orchards you can see the smoke of a large city, lights of the city glittering in the warm clear night.
    V

At the sight of the lighhouse, and city, V whistles.

A nice view. Almost as good as the tower's. Let's see what the mortals on the ground are like.

With that, V drops down upon the Lighthouse' wall, right next to a conveniant guard.

Good morning. I was wondering, where exactly are we? I'm afraid I've gotten a little lost.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Waetir laughs to himself and Dimension Doors near him, wanting to watch the reaction of the mortal. He doesn't think of attempting to exclude Silf, so she might end up drug along with him.

((Will save DC 24 to not be taken with him. If you do follow, you end up about 10' from V))
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-01-11 at 03:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

The heavily armored man turns and stumbles surprised to see a winged person landing next to him. As V speaks the man squints a little studying V for a moment.

He stumbles back and turns his halbard toward you screaming BEGONE foul beast! Evil such as your like is not welcome here!

-OOC Roll initiative!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

V

V blinks

Now that is simply rude. What have I done except ask you where we are? Is this how you greet weary travelers?

If you insist on a fight, all right. But I mearly wanted to know where this is. If you won't tell me, I'll leave in peace.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

23. - Top - End - #143

He looks at you for a moment, obviously stunned that you aren't trying to rip his soul out of something. He is obviously afraid of you as he says brandishing his halbard You are in the Ivory Lighthouse, seat of the Order of the White Sun. You are evil, and need to be destroyed! He shuffles forward ready to strike.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

V

See, was such simple politness hard? Thank you, whoever you are.

I'll leave you, and this lighthouse, after one more answer. What's that city over there?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #145

That's Pigiron, now begone before I am forced to destroy you, demon! The guard seems to be gathering his nerve, his face scrunches up, and he breathes a calming breath steeling himself.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Thank you, knight. However...

V shifts, very quickly into his normal form. The lava coloured cracks in his skin, the nearly featureless face, and oval head all showed him as somthing other than mortal.

I don't think you could manage that.

He shifts back, and a wizened elven noble smiles at the guard.

But as you were polite; more or less, I won't bother you or your order. Good day

With a bow, the elven noble (who also had wings) flew from the wall, seemingly ascending into the sky. He opens telepathy with Kayrne

Well, that was interesting. That place is some sort of order of Paladins, might be as well to avoid it. Oh, and the city is called Pigiron. Shall we pay it a visit?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-12 at 07:55 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Flying back to the others Silf asks Waetir. "Would you mind warning me the next time you do that? Not that im not prepared for it but it would be easier for me to cast invisability than to use my ability to become invisible imediately as they are limited in duration and how often i may do so."

As they return to the others Silf asks. "I suggest we try a less obvious approach to dealing with the inhabitants of this world. Even though they are insignificant on their own it would not bode well for us if they gathered in large numbers. Not to mention the fact that you unwittingly gave them something very valuable in return for information that was not necessary. You took away our greatest asset, that of suprise and now that they know we are here that order of paladins may very well be a threat to us.

I suggest that we return and slay him immediately before he can raise an alarm or warn anyone that we are here. I will act alone if none of you will come with me however we must be swift, precise, quiet, and above all ruthless. If they know we are here they will surely seek us out i say we kill them now while we have the opportunity and the advantage."

With that Silf will return to the wall taking the time to render herself and any others invisable. Upon arriving near the sentry she will attempt to hold him with hold person (DC 28) and let her abilities do the rest. She will also be near enough that she can kiss him as soon as she casts hold person revealing herself.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

28. - Top - End - #148

Upon returning returning to the wall the sentry is no longer there. You are near enough to one of the towers that are evenly spaced along the wall to hear some kind of commotion going on inside. It sounds like a man yelling about "demons" and another man shouting something back.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-01-12 at 01:09 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

flying as quietly as possible she will try to determine how many are in the tower.

If there are 3 or less she will attempt to disable one with hold person and another by kissing him.

DC: 28 saves for both.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Heh. Let'em search. They are mortals, and will shortly have a whole city to look through. And besides, they don't even know what they are looking for.

If you insist on going, I won't stop you. But I'll remain here. If they knew our number, that would be somthing to search for.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden