New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bound - IC

1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Bound - IC

"The fact that they are looking is reason enough. Not to mention that i do not want trouble and they may suspect any who are strangers because of what you have done. You may have single-handedly cursed us all." Silf hisses at him angrily waiting for only a few moments for the others if they are willing to come and leaving quickly if they are unwilling.

Edit: make pretty with colours.
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-01-12 at 01:28 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

The tower is made of the same white stone as the rest of the compound. There are arrow slits spaced along the outer wall and a heavy oaken door banded with iron closing off what is within from your sight.

As you approach you can here a man, other than the guard from before, yelling something. -OOC Make a listen check- From the number of voices you can tell that there are at least 3 people inside the tower, if not more.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Trying to remain quiet and move to a slit in the tower to peer in to gain their number Silf smiles to herself at their passion. Yes. Passion is always good... She thinks to herself as she moves.

Move silent - (1d20+16)[17]
    Spot - (1d20+2)[9]

Edit: Silly forum roller hates me.
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-01-12 at 01:46 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

"Oh, oops. I'm used to no one being able to see me unless they specifically do, so I didn't even think about it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20+14)[19]
    Spot: (1d20+14)[26]

5. - Top - End - #155

Looking in through the arrow slit you can see a round room lit and heated by a large ornate iron brazier. Torches, the color of the flames tells you they are of the magical sort, line the room adding to the light. A rack of weapons hangs on the far wall next to the table around which the men are talking.

Sir, I told you there are demons out there. One of them flew down and spoke to me before flying off! I swear by the Light. The guardsmen you spoke to before gestures toward the door leading to the wall you are on. You can see he is a young man, barely an adult.

The olderman sitting at the desk fairly yells at the youthInitiate Raul, calm down this instant! If there were demons, why are you not dead? And more so why did you not call the alarm when you first saw them?

The young man known as Initiate Raul begins to stammer a reply obviously flustered when older man looks to the side of the room when two other guard lean against the wall. They were snickering at the youth's behavior. When they see the older man look at them they snap to attention as he says You two go with him and check it out. If you don't report back to me in 2 minutes, I will raise the alarm myself. he then looks at Raul If this is some sort of silly-bugger...

The two men Yessir simulteneously before marching toward the door with the Initiate leading the way.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Poor boy. Waetir thinks to himself, before reaching out with his magic to sooth the obviously overwhelmed Initiate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Calm emotions on him. DC 23 Will save or calm down. :P

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Men... doesn't matter human or elf, or even demon, they're all annoying sends Kayrne telepathically to Silf. Do you know how many are there? She inquires to the group. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a full order of paladins following us to that town, moreso when I'm not very keen with disguises she adds, only a tad annoyed with V.

We can leave now if we hurry, but If you can make me invisible, Silf, I can teleport myself inside there and shut them all for eternity. She offers, emphasizing the option she prefers more.
    a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn

8. - Top - End - #158

The door bangs open as the group of men come out tromping in heavy mail and carrying torches. The Initiate, now much calmer, says to the other two It was over here, that the thing landed and then flew off. He leads them to almost the same spot where V had landed.

The other two look around for a moment before one of them says evenly Well whatever it was its gone now.

The other paladin looks around one last time before turning to Initiate Raul saying Make sure you file a full report in the morning, Initiate You can hear the disdain he has the lowly guard.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-01-12 at 02:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

(OOC: consider yourself invisible Pain, as given the opportunity i would have cast it on you.)

Silf

Taking note of the senior officer being alone Silf will more in and confront him.

Starting combat...

Initiative - (1d20+4)[21]

DC 28 will save. Hold Person and move in next to him for the kiss after casting. Placing herself directly in front of the senior officer so that he has no choice but to meet her gaze. Hoping pain will be able to handle the others out on the wall or at least stop them from raising the alarm.
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-01-12 at 03:02 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

10. - Top - End - #160

Ookay. Everyone else make initiative checks please.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

"That's not a very nice thing to do, Silf. You could have at least told us what you were doing."

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+13)[32] If I roll init higher than Silf's, lower it to hers.

Waetir then casts calm emotion, attempting to catch any other guards in the area so they are not alarmed.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne
    Ok, I'll get the others, then transmits Kayrne telepathically as she crosses the space to the entrance of the room instantaneously. Trusting that Silf's spell will be enough to hide her presence she moves to the entrance of the lord's room, waiting for the two guards to appear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if able, Kayrne Ddoors to the entrance to the room and waits for the guards to arrive and attack them by surprise before they can see Silf doing whatever she wants to the old man. If the white stone prevents the dimensional door (hey, I don't know!) she'll hurry to try to catch them going down the stairs (with fly 60 it shouldn't be that hard to catch some armoured guys).
    Initiative= (1d20+5)[25]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

V

V flies down a bit; just enough to be in telepathic range if it becomes nessecary.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-13 at 07:30 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

14. - Top - End - #164

The old man's eyes get huge as Silf appears before him, surprising him. His body goes rigid as the spell takes hold. She is able to lock eyes with the Guard Captain quickly.

Waetir can feel his spell take hold of the humans, with the exception of one of the two guardsmen on the wall with Raul. Both senior guardsmen see Silf as she becomes visible. The one, (#3) shouts DEMON! Sound the Alarm! as he rushes into the tower. Straight itno Kayrne's waiting chains. -Make an AoO, he is flat footed against you and will run right into you -

Raul and #2 look at their brethren calmly before repeating Alarm. Just not as loudly or with as much fervor, more out of reflex than anything else. Raul then turns an dbegins to run off down the wall toward the next tower. The other looks around confused as to help or run.
    Updated Map
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-01-13 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Adjusting for actions, updating map.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne
    The demoness smiles with glee as the confused guard rushes right into her trap and lashes out with a chain. As she does, she becomes visible, but also seems to meld with the shadows of the tower.

Spoiler
    Show

attack:(1d20+20)[21]
    damage(2d4+15)[17]
    Yayyy! three dices, three ones!! This roller hates me
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-01-13 at 11:03 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

With Raul now out of range, Waetir quits concentrating on him, allowing the spell to fade on him. He keeps concentrating on #2.

17. - Top - End - #167

I need Elkhantar's action for the round.

18. - Top - End - #168

As the cry for alarm is carried and echoed through the compounds you all can here the clumping of heavy boots starting to move in your direction.

Silf turns her attention #3 catching him in her gaze, he pauses a moment and licks his lips as lust begins to distract him. As she moves over to him Pain lashes out with her chains pummeling him into a bloody mess.

Waetir holds #2 calming him. He looks around HEeey, demons. You shouldn't be here. He watches as his compatriot is killed Willy! You killed Willy. I should do something. At that he pulls a holy symbol in the shape of a sun from inside his baldric, it glows with brilliant white magical flames, and begins waiving above his head and yelling DEMONS! Knights to me!.

Initiate Raul makes it to the next tower on the wall, you all can hear him yelling about DEMONS! Attacking! you can hear the crash of metal on metal as more armored knights begin to react.

In the yard you can all hear the cry of alarm passing through the citadel. A few men can be seen carrying torches and pointing toward #2.

Updated Map Here
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-01-14 at 04:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

V

You hear a telepathic message from V. He dosn't bother disguising his contempt.

A perfect example of how charging in never does any good. Before, the human would have been dismissed as a drunk. Now, he has proof. The paladins'll be out in force now; and they'll have stronger members here too.

I reccomend you get out of there. Not even you can take down all these guys
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-14 at 05:35 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne

Rejoicing in the painful death of the guard, Kayrne's joy is only slightly tarnished by V's words. Sure, It's been almost as good of an idea as stopping to say hi... she replies, bitten. Can't we play just a little bit more? she inquires, half-joking, half-serious until she sees the guards gathering at the other tower.

If those go calling for more and more reinforcements we may end up in trouble, though. she adds, slightly worried. Let's take care of them! she suggests.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Tempting; and later, you can with my blessing. But they#ve already sent for those re-enforcments; I can hear them; and we don't know how powerfull they are. We've only fought the Dretches up to now. And I fear we've got to put finding a mage first, to try and get rid of that damed spell.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Moving over to her new pet, Silf ignores V for now. Taking the time to instruct her pet that he should repeat her name 3 times as a whisper so that noone can hear him once every hour. She leans in close pressing her flesh against him and whispers in his ear. "Silf is my name and if you do this for me then i will be very very grateful..." Letting the sentence trail off in a dramatic way to imply it's meaning she then instructs him that it would be best if he forget what he saw here tonight and what the other officers reported seeing. He should deny nothing and gathering whatever information he can as well as maps and supplies. Afterwards he should meet up with her in the city as soon after dawn as he can manage without raising suspicion. If he can secure money or anything of value that can be concealed, that would be helpful as well. If he is questioned about what happened to him he should reply that he was able to hold them off until the others escaped and raised the alarm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Im not sure how many opposed charisma checks you would want for all of that but i will roll several so you can use them.
    Charisma1 - (1d20+14)[26]
    Charisma2 - (1d20+14)[30]
    Charisma3 - (1d20+14)[27]
    Charisma4 - (1d20+14)[25]

After giving her instructions Silf will cast invisability on herself and Pain if she hasnt retreated yet and join up with the others. "It would seem that they know we are here now 'V'." She says staring at him icily as she drops her invisability. Somehow she manages to see herself as blameless in causing half of an order of paladins to rally against a demonic invision. Choosing instead to blame V for his part.

Still pouting she turns to the others and says, "No matter that little captain will meet us in the city when he has the chance. In the meantime i can observe him and his actions. Let us make haste to this city and seek out refreshment and accomodations."
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-01-14 at 10:43 AM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Waetir's voice enters your mind once more. "Fabulous. Can we go now? I'm not into death and destruction like you all are. Get at least a thousand feet straight up, then I'll follow you all." None of you can miss the irritation in his voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hiding near something: (1d20+41)[52]
    Holding until they're all gone, then blasting the place with a sculpted glitterdust. 4 10' cubes, DC 24 save or blinded. Eitherway, they're covered with the dust for 9 rounds. Then going to Ddoor straight up.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne

Somewhat pleased by the pain she just dished out, somewhat saddened by the fact that she should stop now, Pain sends a simple Thanks telepathycally to Silf for the invisibility. She then just teleports straight up and flies the rest of the distance. Meanwhile she tells Waetir the same speech she always gave herself.

I'd rather call it dreserved retribution, little droplet, not just mindless destruction. It is them who attacked on sight, we just were more effective. Evil is relative… it depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger. Not that she truly believes her own words, having seen the abyss and evil incarnate... perhaps she did once, before an eternity of daemonhood.

She waits for the others to come before turning to more useful thoughts. Temptress, can you adopt the guise of those humans?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Oh really?

V has already assended at this point, and looks down at Silf as he communicates with her..

They only knew when you charged recklessly down there. Before that from what I could see, they seemed to be ignoring that human who saw me. But let us leave that asside, and get to the city at last

Oh, and I for one can take mortal form easily.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-14 at 12:03 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

"As can I. I can also render those who wish to be undeteced invisible for limited periods of time. If we can find no other way to disguise them." She says completely forgetting the argument they had been having moments before. She decides they can argue later once there are things to be thrown and she can scream... oh how i love drama. She thinks to herself.

"Perhaps we should just teleport everyone to that city right now and pose as someone of importance? I wonder if there is a palace we can use for the time being..." Silf trails off caught now in her world of fantasy and intrigue in her mind.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

27. - Top - End - #177

Taking the time to instruct her pet that he should repeat her name 3 times as a whisper so that noone can hear him once every hour. She leans in close pressing her flesh against him and whispers in his ear. "Silf is my name and if you do this for me then i will be very very grateful..."
    The guard captain shudders imperceptibly, still held by the spell. Silf feels her Temptation snap to his mind as she flies off with the others.

As you all fly away you can see the compound looks as if someone kicked an anthill, one filled with fireflies. Torches, lanterns and magical lights turn the citadel into an even more beautiful sight from above.

As you approach the city from above you can see that it is mostly and industrial city, the acrid smoke from smelters and awful smell of coal fires burns you noses as you approach. The center of town is old mostly brick construction. With newer construction as you get further from the center. There is no wall or apparent palace here. A few larger buildings are noticable from the air, one of which you all recognize as a church of the same order as the paladins, Pelor the sun god is strong here. Wharehouses and markets line the main road through the city which runs almost parallel to the coast line.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kayrne

Pain uses her magical abilities to conceal herself from scrying and divination, and offers the same protection to the rest of the group if they so desire. I'm pretty sure there will be a few clerics asking the upper planes about our location she explains.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting nondetection on herself and any of the others who want

Then, Silf's words get her attention. I don't trust the demiplane will hold for too long, so we should hurry rather than indulge in mortal pleasures. she says, disagreeing with Silf. Nonetheless, Pain inhales the charred air coming from the city below, enjoying the acrid smell and searing heat.

That church surely will have a wealth of knowledge to draw upon she says, pointing to the church of Pelor But I'd rather look for an arcane caster than go in that foul temple she suggests. They tend to be less concerned with ethics or dogma

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Waetir declines the spells. "If you hadn't decided to just attack, it would be a lot easier for you all to talk to them. Let me go talk to those people in the temple."

Without waiting for a response, Waetir starts dimension dooring down into the town again, headed to the temple.

Spoiler
    Show
    Once there, he looks for someone in charge and sends telepathically to only them. After hiding nearby. Hide: (1d20+41)[61]"Hi! I was wondering. Do you know how someone would break a planar binding? I'd like to get home without any more trouble."
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-01-16 at 11:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180

The temple is a majestic piece of architecture. Soaring buttreses, fornicated archways and pillars. Gleaming white stone everywhere. If anything this is a cathedral. Golden statues line the pulpit, the crystal dome catches the light of the half moon and shines it down upon the pulpit.

You are easily able to find a few boys in their early teens sweeping out the main chapel. they wear rough spun white woolen robes with a heavy gray wool belt. Tonsured, they obviously are not the sort you are looking for. They seem to be chatting about the day's sermon and complaining about their duties.

An elderly man walks the hallways keeping an eye on the young men, and singing softly to himself. Dressed in a finely woven white linen robe with a double bar of dark blue lining the robe, and a belt of silver sun coins quietly clinks as he proceeds through the hall ways. This may be someone who will know.

He twitches a little at the voice in his head. He then stops an peers around looking for the sourse of the voice. After a moment he stops and pulls a beautiful silver sun coin the size of his fist from within his robe and mutters some words, his eyes shimmer for a second as again he looks around. Again he cannot find you. He says This old man cannot see you, I know I am not going daft in my advanced years. Please show yourself to me so that I can look at whomever I am speaking too. I may be able to get you home but I cannot help you if you do not show yourself.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-01-16 at 02:40 PM.