Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bound - IC

1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bound - IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I tell what is on the gate itself?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-20 at 09:56 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry was unclear

On the Gate
    -Minor abjuration effect
    -Illusion effect

On the area beyond the gate/in the yard
    -Medium strength abjuration effect tied into an enchantment effect
    -another minor abjuration effect.

Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Ah. Almost certainly inconsequential, but, just in case...

He shifts to his "Young Human" form. (with his back to the street so people can hopefully not see) before attempting to teleport into the tower with a dimensional door.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

4. - Top - End - #214

As you begin to DDoor into the tower, you stop suddenly. The effect will not work. The interior of the tower is barred from you in that way.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    20 + spell level Identify a spell that’s already in place and in effect. You must be able to see or detect the effects of the spell. No action required. No retry.

Waetir

Waetir, still hovering above the city, feels the draw of the binding to the others. It's bearable, so he ignores it, patiently waiting out for the morning.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Heh. They had the sense to ward against such things. This might be fun after all.

With that, V looks for a dark corner, and dissapears, ending up on the rooftops. With a few changes, the young human had a pair of wings, and beat an arieal path to the higher reaches of the tower.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

7. - Top - End - #217

There are no windows along the length of the tower until the very top. There is a small area on to of the tower that is flat with a trap door that you can see. You can see the same abjuration/enchantment effect covers the top of the tower and most of the sides.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Hmm... I guess it's standardized.

Ho hum

The loth flies back down, landing in the courtyard.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Unless something happens to him, V walks towards any sort of door, and tries to open it.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

10. - Top - End - #220

As soon as you set foot in the yard you feel a wave of magic wash over you, unable to penetrate your natural defenses it fades away. Both effects in the yard have been triggered.

From inside the building you hear a gong sound.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

V

V walks towards the Tower, calling out as he does so.

Hello? Will someone kindly let me in?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #222

An old polished brass speaking tube is mounted next to the door. From it you hear a smooth even voice Who are you and why do you disturb us?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Just a traveler, friend. And one who has questions, and knowledge, about the arcane. Particularly about the arts of one though lost to the world. A certain Lich, of ill repute, who's recent activities should concern you.

May I come in? I have come a long way.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #224

I'll have to wake the master. It would really be best if you could come back around noon. He most likely will blast me, and then you for just waking him. Your choice though. If what you have to say is true then he will want to hear it from you, but then again he may just make you wait till noon anyway. The speaking tube says.

The doors are banded oak and iron, deeply carved into the wood are runes, they glow of abjuration and transmutation. The bui8lding on closer inspection is well constructed by fine hands. Each stone fits with the others almost invisbly.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Still bored and uncertain of what to do Silf continues walking in random directions looking for someone to talk to. Muttering to herself about how boring life must be around here with nothing to do and how life as a mortal bound to the earth and unable to fly would be simply too much to bear.

Kicking at loose pebbles and scuffing her feet as she walks to show her distaste for walking as a form of locamotion she does her best to keep her emotions in check especially her boredom.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Not the news an exhausted traveler enjoys hearing, I tell you. However, if what I have to say is important, won't he blast you anyway for not telling him?

By the way, In case he asks, the one I referred to before, might be known to you as Savantir. Does that name ring any bells?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-20 at 12:48 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

17. - Top - End - #227

The voice starts to laugh at you Bwahahahaha! That old story. Come back at noon ya fool. Thats just a story to scare little children. Now off with you. I don't know how you got inside the gate but you can use the same way to get out. Now go before I summon the guards.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

V

What guards?

The only magics in this place are two utterly contemptible spells in the courtyard that I quite literally walked over, a spell to keep the gate firm against intrusion, and a fairly basic illusion to ward off fools. Oh, and the rather efficient warding against teleportation that you have up in there. Congratulate your master on that one, will you? The best constructed spell of the lot.

So, you'd have guards inside, assuming you truly have guards. But, with that ward against teleportation, they'd have to open the door. If the object would be to keep me out, wouldn't that be rather pointless? Given that the only reason I am not already in there is the combination of the warding, and the series of spells your master placed on the door?

Or do you mean that you have a system in place to alert the town guard somehow? They are hardly... reliable. I just managed to avoid two of them, totally and easily through a simple short range teleportation. Plus, I believe that they have something else to worry about right now. Some sort of horn sounded, and they rode off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully, demonstrating detailed knowledge of the tower's exterior spells might be sufficient to persuade this butler that V knows what he's talking about.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-20 at 01:33 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

19. - Top - End - #229

At this point the only noise from the tube is a click. After a few moments the big double doors click and swing open on their own. Inside you see a smallish chamber with two stone statues on pedastals. One is of a beautiful elven maiden dreesed in fine robes the other of a human male, obviously old from the whiskers on his chin, also dressed in robes. They flank another door, next to which is another speaking tube.

As the two stone statues turn their heads to look at you you hear from the inner speaking tube Actually Mr. Smartypants- whoever-you-are, these guards. Much more effective and compliant than those Order of Light fellows. The two statues step down from their pedastals and begin to advance.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Hmm. Interesting choice in statuary. Quite artistic in fact. Who was the sculpture? And the room is so small; it would be hard to doge both of them at once. All in all, a very well done defense. My congratulations.

V speaks into the outer tube. Immediately after doing so, the tube might just hear a whoosh of air as V takes flight.

As soon as he gets up there, V tries the trapdoor. If he can manage it he goes through quickly, before Jeeves down there can try another ward.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-20 at 03:14 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #231

As V lands he can feel the same magics wash over him again, and again his natural resistance defeats it.

The rune covered iron bound wood trapdoor has no handle, and cannot be budged.

22. - Top - End - #232

@ Silf & Kayrne- Sorry Timaoh missed your post

Silf sees a few white clad men go thundering past on horse back, they ignore Silf completely. Not even stopping to leer at her, if Silf steps in the way of one of the charging horses they rider will shout at her to get out of the way. If she doesn't then the horse will jump over her, or bullrush her.

Other than those few the city is largely dead quiet at this early hour.

Which is odd, there are no homeless people, no "ladies of the night", even the taverns are locked up tight. No low lifes to hassle, nothing except a stray dog that runs off into the alley ways after being startled by her.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

V

V stamps on the trap door as hard as possible, attempting to make a noise. After that, he flies back down again, but quietly. As he reaches the area near the tube, he peaks his head into the doorway, and takes stock of the situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[19] Move silently to get back down.

Did an alarm go off once V reached the top. Can the golems threaten the whole room? How big are they? Human sized? Large?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Waetir, already getting bored with waiting in the air, Dimension Doors back towards the church. Maybe the Rector person had decided to come early? Or he could at least talk to the nice old man again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Waetir basically wants to go explore the church, or find Will and spend the evening talking with the nice old man.

Yes, Waetir has almost a childish mentality.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Silf

Continuing to explore the streets and avenues in the industrial district Silf walks around with Paine in tow (i assume) and does her best to find someone to talk to. After about a half hour of this she will get bored and possibly teleport to where one of the others is to see what they are up to. Most likely Waetir but that might change as her moods are as fleeting as her attention span and loyalty.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

26. - Top - End - #236

@V

Stomping on the door produces nothing beyond a thump. Flying back down you see that the outerdoors are once again closed. The golems were large sized and threatened the whole room. The area is quiet. For a moment until you can hear great bells off in the distance. Waetir is in the same direction as the bells.
    ---------------------
    @Waetir

Floating through the church Waetir finds that there are only a few guards about. These are solid looking men with stern expressions.

It is a beautiful piece of architecture, with many murals praising the power of the lght and the coming of the dawn. Tapestries and small to medium statues are common. The white stone is often accented with gilt and silver inlay.

You do find Brother Will and some apprentices gathered in a small room with several bell pulls at the rear of the main chapel. Brother Will is praying as the four apprentices ready themselves to pull on the three inch think ropes. After a few moments Brother Will lowers his hands, opening his eyes he says to them, begin Begin the Call to the Dawn.
    The apprentices begin to pull on the ropes first the central rope, then the outer ones, in a sequence that you do not understand until a moment later as the great bells above begin to sing out.

BONG Bing Bong Bongggg, BONG Bing Bong Bongggg, BONG Bing Bong Bonggg

The sound is thunderous in this little room directly below the bells. Brother Will watches the apprentices finish the call. He veritable shouts at them in his good naturedly, if now deafened way, GO Wake your bothers, I will be in the main hall as usual. Morning mass must be prepared. Then off to your beds with you. He then turns and proceeds out the door followed by the apprentices who run off down a side corridor.
    -----------------------------
    @ Silf and Kayrne

Kicking their way around the industrial area Silf and Kayrne wander aimlessly.
    Both of them hear great bells resouding in the distance. Coming from the direction that Waetir is in.
    Spoiler
    Show

Please be more specific about where you want to teleport to.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

V

Ho hum.

V decides not to press the issue; and decides to try and find Silf, Pain, and Waetir to relate what he has found.

Come to think of it... I never did find any criminals.

V diverts himself from his first path for a moment, and returns to the area in which he met those two guards.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-01-21 at 12:57 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

Waetir's body shakes with the bells, but once Will leaves, he follows him. "Hello. I came back to see you again! I got bored waiting. Whatcha doing? Do you have to Call the Dawn or it doesn't come? This is a very strange plane if so."

29. - Top - End - #239

@ V

You return to the streets where you were before. The area is deserted. There are no people awake and about in the streets at this hour. But dawn is swift approaching.

-------------------------

@ Waetir

The old man jumps a little, surprised at hearing your voice again. He begins talking quietly as he bustles about the main chapel, straightening things and filling various decanters of oil, other busy little jobs. Is that you again, my wet little friend. I had not expected you back so soon.

I am on my way to see to the preparation for the morning mass, Praising the Dawn. Today is the day of mass, and there is much to do. As for the Call to the Dawn, no we do not need to call it. It is tradition in our church to do so. There is an old story of how a boy had to wake Pelor who had fallen into a poisoned sleep. The only way that the boy could wake him was with a brass bell. So the song we play is to wake the sun before its journey across the sky for the day.

If you will excuse me for a moment I need to see to the novices.
    With that he hurries into the the wide hallway in between the chapel area and the entryway. There are four young men who he speaks to quickly before they hurry off themselves. He stands in the main hall, as if he is waiting for something.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Waetir

"It's more interesting around here. See, I learned something new, about Pelor. Can I help with anything? I can heal, and calm people down, and make people act nicer."