New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Adder IC

{whispered to Ioth}"I say we go for them now, take the element of surprise. Or should we wait for Fin or one of the others to catch up?"
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-01-11 at 07:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

After he sees two shadows scampering over the wall, Berwin lets out a relieved sigh and enters the house as well to catch up with the others.

He is visibly astonished by the strange interior as he picks up some straw and crumbles it in his hand. Stumbling through the darkness towards what seemed to be a campfire, Berwin finally caught up with Vlax and Ioth.

"Matthew and Matthias made it over the wall... Some interesting place we stumbled into here. What do you think all this means?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Note that Berwin can't see through the illusion any more than the men on the roof can although if he waits for a few more seconds he'll see the fog disappear and the two Matts gone.

Matthew, per the plan will run to get help.
    I'll be about an hour. Maybe an hour and a half. Good luck.

As Matthew runs off full tilt trying to catch up with Quinn, the illusion disappears.

Spoiler
    Show
    The plan from earlier on:

I don't trust that Quinn to get everyone roused up and down here quickly so one of us has to go for help and the other should stick around to shadow these guys in case they run off. It looks like they may have captured the others ... hard to see from here if they have been captured and the enemy runs off and takes them, we'll need someone following them stealthily.... that seems more your department than mine.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

{to berwin}"Keep it down, they haven't noticed us yet. Yeah really weird, but I don't like goblins, I'm ready to go in and cut them down. Any objections?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Ioth looks at Vlax strangely and says {In Common} I have an objection, there is no reason to attack other than their race, and for all we know these people summoned us here, after all that strange woman came in here and I haven't spotted her yet, she could have been a Goblin with an illusionary appearance, or they maybe be allies of those who have summoned us, either way if they mean us harm we can attack them soon enough After saying this Ioth strides over to the nearest goblin and says {In Common} Hail fellow dweller of the upperdark, what brings you and yours so close to the surface, in the middle of a human occupied city no less?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax stays in the shadows for now, watching what happens.

7. - Top - End - #157

The goblins scramble to their feet, shouting to each other in their goblin tongue, grabbing their weapons. One looks around to see if Ioth is alone. Two advance toward Ioth with murderous intent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+2)[15]
    Init - (1d20+1)[10]
    Init - (1d20+1)[8]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

{assuming they haven't seen me and I can seize some initiative}

Vlax leaps out from the shadows and swings his greataxe at one of the goblins going for Ioth.

To hit: (1d20+4)[24]
    Damage (if hits): (1d12+3)[11]

edit: like zomg! critical hit!
    To confirm: [roll]1d20+4[/roll]
    if confirmed: [roll]2d12+6[/roll] (add this result to previous damage)
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-01-12 at 08:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Never mind, obviously cant post in edits

to confirm: (1d20+3)[21]
    if confirmed: (2d12+6)[24] (added to previous damage)

edit: ok if all thats allowed and I havent screwed up anything then I think the goblin should me mangled after 35 damage?
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-01-12 at 08:41 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

The goblin looking around spies the adventurers and shouts to his gang. Too late. One of the goblins charging toward Ioth is caught completely by surprise. A razor-sharp axe blade slices through bone, and a goblin head flies through the air and into the fire. The remainder of the body falls at Vlax' feet, motionless.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Berwins face darkens. He fastens his shield, quickly releases the pick from his side and builds up a firm grip around it's hilt.

Flexing his neck, his eyes suddenly come to life and he is ready to join the fray.

Spoiler
    Show

Ini: (1d20+1)[10]
    2 move actions (ready shield/ready weapon)

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    remembered this time! anyway initiative now (1d20+2)[4]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Ioth, angered by the attack, attempts to cast Mage Armor, after which he will bring his crossbow to bear and fire at the nearest goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I'll roll for defensive casting if i can (1d15+1)[11] and initiative (1d20+3)[14] attack (1d20+3)[16] (I think) and damage (1d6+4)[8]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

(Well darn miss a few days and look what turns up haha. Though I did say fin went in the house a few times...he wouldn't of been that behind! Still, goblins, and a forest in a house? Fin sees this as freaking...)

"Mess up...." Fin mutters to himself, still angry from the situation, but surprised to find the insides of the house to be full of the last thing he could expect, he expected to be slouching down in cramped halfing halls, not walking out in the country side. Common sense says this can't exactly be a real. Magic wasn't something he knew much, if anything about. An Illusion? (Will save to disbelieve! Huh? What do you mean this isn't 2e!) Or maybe.. some sort of.. warp...... 'thing'. Ok Maybe Matthew would be useful here...

Either way Fin isn't deaf, as he hears the sounds of battle he rushes forward, spotting the party fighting a load of nasty little green critters who don't look all that happy. In an instant he dashes out from the underbrush, brining his body low as he moves, once he gets to a goblin he moves his entire body weight upward, fist flying from the ground up in an upercut

(hope this ones tall. Charge+punch. Fin will go for an unhurt Goblin who's attacking someone first, and foremost. likely Ioth seeing as he's busy casting mage armor. If no such goblin exists, whichever one he can actually reach in time works :P)

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Initive (1d20+2)[22]
    Attack roll (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage Roll (1d6+4)[7]
    Crit confirm(If needed) (1d20+6)[21]

(Why do I always get a higher roll on the crit confirm when its only needed 5% of the time?)
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-01-13 at 02:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Fin charges lightning-fast out of the pines at the remaining goblin attacking Ioth. His haymaker uppercut connects, and as the small creature is lifted off its feet by the impact, the Adventurers hear the sickening crunch of a breaking jaw.

Ioth maintains his concentration as the two goblins fall in front of him, and the air crackles as an invisible force surrounds the kobold.

Berwin, now ready for combat, raises his pick and shield, while Vlax whirls his dripping axe back into the ready position.

The remaining four goblins are now fully armed and armored, but a little hesitant after seeing the short work made of their two comrades. Still, they keep their heads (!) and advance in a line, one goblin to each adventurer, preventing any flanking by either party.

Ioth raises his already-loaded crossbow and lets fly a bolt. His opponent stops in his tracks and drops his morningstar, gasping for breath and staring wide-eyed at the feathered shaft protruding just below his ribs.

Spoiler
    Show
    If my calculations are correct, with point blank shot Ioth gets a total +5 ranged attack bonus and a +1 damage bonus, so his attack roll would be 18 and his damage roll would be 5. Let me know in the OOC thread if I'm wrong. Also just if you're wondering everyone will get some good XP here shortly (and equal, even though the two Matts aren't technically in this encounter)

Meanwhile, Matthew and Matthias catch up with Bruce, who is walking from the Dungcarter's home back to the Adventurers' Guildhall. He stops at their approach and waits for them to catch their breath and speak.

16. - Top - End - #166

Default Meanwhile...... Matthew runs for help

Spoiler
    Show
    Matthias was staking out the house and wasn't running for help with Matthew - unless hyperfreak says different. Also presumably the Dungcarters' Guild is to the West slightly of the Adventurers' Guild if Matthew runs past there on the way.

Nng. There's the guildmaster... Quinn can't have got back to warn him yet... or didn't bother
    STOP!

Catching up....
    Guidmaster! ...fifteen guys.. crossbows... Matthias is OK. Quinn's OK too.

OK calm down....
    Right, right.
    Sir, we got to the big old house OK. Gate was unlocked so we entered. Ioth spotted men hidden on the roof. There were about 15 of them. Four of the team... There was a woman that Quinn said could be the one he met. She said we had to go into the house to "talk". Four of the team I guess they were too close to run so they entered the house. Matthias and I got Quinn out and then managed to ... the gate was locked behind us somehow. Matthew Quinn and I got out but they fired on us. Matthias is staking the place out. Quinn was ahead of me running... They others -- the odd thing is they didn't disarm them before they entered the house. That's the last I saw of them. Presume captured. Odd. Like the crossbow guys were just hired to get us into the house any way they could and din't care if they were armed or not.

I told Matthias I'd run for help.

I gotta get to the guildhall...

17. - Top - End - #167

Griffon

Fins left eye snaps open just as his fist impacts with the Goblin, watching it hover in the sky as if time is frozen for a few moments before finally dropping to the ground, Fin quickly pulls both fists in front of him, shifting his hair back, and out of his face with one twist of his neck.

"... The hell these critters doing in here? I the only one who think this is a ball of crazy for us to be out in the woods in a house?" Fin remarks as he pulls his fist low quickly, shifting it forward in what would be a punch to a gutt in the ring, but against this goblin it would be fist to the face. Not quite used to fighting critters so short Fins attack is a bit too high, and the goblin has little trouble ducking under it quickly. Unluckily for it though, Fin quickly pulls his knee forward in response, slamming it into the Goblins face, just as the poor creature pulls its head down.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Flurry of blows!
    Attack 1
    Attack roll (1d20+2)[11]
    Damage (1d6+4)[5]
    Crit Confirm (1d20+2)[12]

Attack 2
    Attack roll (1d20+2)[22]
    Damage (1d6+4)[9]
    Crit Confirm (1d20+2)[5]

Edit: Looks like his first attack is missing for sure, but the second.. looks like the first Gob got Knee in the face death. Poor Fin isn't used to fighting something so short! Well he recovered from his charge at least, AC is back to 14.
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-01-13 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Editing Descriptive text based on Roll results

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Ioth loads his crossbow and aims again, aiming for the closest goblin to his position

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (incase i need it again) (1d20+3)[12] attack (1d20+3)[17] and damage (1d6+4)[6]

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Without a sign of emotion or stress, Berwin swings his pick in a wide arc, trying to hit the Goblin that is charging towards him.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20)[3]
    Damage: [1d6]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax swinds his axe down overhead onto the nearest goblin.

Spoiler
    Show

attack (1d20+4)[6]
    damage (1d12+4)[7]

21. - Top - End - #171

Fin's knee not only breaks the goblin's nose, but shoves splinters of bone into its brain, dropping the small creature instantly.

The goblin in front of Ioth, still gasping for breath, staggers back two short steps and leans on a tree for support. Having dropped its morningstar already, it now draws a small but wicked-looking curved dagger from its belt.

Berwin's opponent ducks the swinging pick, then attacks with his morningstar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+2)[15]
    Damage - (1d6)[3]

Vlax's opponent is more lucky than his decapitated comrade, and manages to avoid the deadly axe. Sensing the tide of battle about to overwhelm the goblins, he desperately attacks the dwarf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage - (1d6)[1]

__________________________________________________ ______________

Bruce (to Matthew)
    "Wait, wait - so Matthias is back outside Highburrow Hall, the other four are inside, and you're here to get help? Well, I'm afraid everyone's gone from the guildhall right now. Even if they were there, I don't think we could get away with fighting a small battle within the city limits, especially on someone else's land. But lead me back there! They won't dare harm a guildmaster, and if nothing else, they'll release our friends. Don't worry - I'm primarily concerned for the safety of our guildmembers - I'll get the City Guard involved if I have to, even though it would probably mean bad consequences for us. Enough talking - let's go!"

22. - Top - End - #172

Default Matthew Estella (Human Illusionist)

!!!

Matthew looks at Bruce to see if he's kidding. But he's tired and not in any mood to argue... in fact he's happy to let someone else make the decisions. So the two of them head back West at a pace Matthew finds damnably slow. Bruce certainly is being very calm about all this. Matthew remains silent but after a while starts to think of all those cutting answers he could have made.

Hey. Did I mention the bit about fifteen guys with crossbows?

You've been Guildmaster for what, three weeks? And you already have the "immunity to missiles" package? Cool!

Great idea. And in case they don't just all surrender what's our plan B?

In the end though he considers that he doesn't really know how tough Bruce is, or what he is capable of, and says only, "Sir, whoever these guys are they are already guilty of several attempted murders and kidnappings and have attacked our guild, all unprovoked. If they are caught they won't be getting a slap on the wrist. They may figure it's better to just kill all the witnesses."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

The morningstar smashes against Berwins shield, which he could raise just in time. Pushing away the enemies weapon, Berwin attempts another swing, this time, trying to pierce the pick into the goblins side.

Spoiler
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20)[4]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]
    edit:
    Last edited by ubersquid; 2008-01-14 at 12:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax laughs manically at the Goblins missed attackand whirls the axe around for another strike, bringing it down between the goblins neck and left shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

I know its not my turn yet, but since I'm here...
    attack (1d20+4)[12]
    damage (1d12+4)[12]
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-01-14 at 12:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Griffon

Right then, Fin isn't about to just sit there while his buddies fight, he quickly moves forward, zig zagging his way to the nearest goblin, pulling out a straight punch with a downward slant the instant he arrives, but the goblin manages to dodge it with a hop. The force of his momentum stops Fin from pulling himself up quickly enough, and his second punch flying upwards is already expected as the goblin keeps its face nice and intact.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1
    Attack Roll (1d20+2)[9]
    Crit Confirm(1d20+2)[9]
    Damage (1d6+4)[10]

Attack 2
    Attack Roll (1d20+2)[8]
    Crit Confirm(1d20+2)[15]
    Damage (1d6+4)[6]
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-01-14 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Editing descriptive texted based on results.

26. - Top - End - #176

Default Re: Matthew Estella (Human Illusionist)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidByron View Post
    "Sir, whoever these guys are they are already guilty of several attempted murders and kidnappings and have attacked our guild, all unprovoked. If they are caught they won't be getting a slap on the wrist. They may figure it's better to just kill all the witnesses."
    Bruce jogs a half step behind Matthew, keeping a steady pace. Matthew can hear a jingle with each footfall of Bruce's, which could only be chain mail under the large man's shirt.

Bruce
    "Thank you, Matthew, I'll be cautious - this isn't my first time facing - a few crossbows...Oh, another thing - don't count on the - Bridgeport justice system - working the way you think it might."

Spoiler
    Show
    After Asmodeus posts this round, I'll post the remaining goblin actions.

27. - Top - End - #177

Default Matthew, Bruce to the rescue...?

For the third time in the space of about an hour Matthew is crossing The Bridge. Behind him are the bright lights of East Bridgeport. Ahead of him the much more scattered lights of West Bridgeport. Above him, the best view of the night sky to be found within the city, below on the river, only a dim and broken reflection of the crescent moon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hope it's OK to have some moonlight -- I'm not sure what the light source situation is, although Matthew could produce light in a number of ways if he had to.

Oh, another thing - don't count on the - Bridgeport justice system - working the way you think it might.
    He thinks it's political too... but what if it isn't?
    Big house, lots of guards... someone must have a lot of money.
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-01-14 at 04:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Ioth fired his second bolt into the Goblin, and cursed in Draconic, he dropped his crossbow and grabbed at his spear, thrusting it at the next closest goblin, seeing as he had no time to reload his crossbow.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[12] Attack and (1d6+1)[5] damage I hope abandoning the crossbow turns out to be the right idea

29. - Top - End - #179

Three goblins remain. One, barely conscious, continues to back slowly away from battle, still clutching his shield and a dagger. The other two goblins are flanked: one by Fin and Berwin, the other by Ioth and Vlax. Despite being outnumbered, the goblins manage to elude the adventurer's blows, then return a desperate counterattack.

Spoiler
    Show

Goblin1 (attacking Fin)
    Attack - (1d20+2)[18]Damage - (1d6)[1]
    Goblin2(attacking Vlax)
    Attack - (1d20+2)[14]Damage - (1d6)[6]

30. - Top - End - #180

Griffon

The successful strike from the goblin can be described more like a small shaving cut to Fin as he's left with a minor cut on his chin. Though one should consider what may of happened if he didn't back step at that moment. Still that wasn't about to stop him from fighting back. Fin sprints forward, and makes two solid forward punches, the goblin raising its shield just in time for both, and almost dropping it from the impacts.

Spoiler
    Show

Flurry of blows again, may as well drop the bugger

Attack (1d20+4)[6]
    Crit Confirm (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage (1d6+4)[5]

Attack (1d20+4)[10]
    Crit Confirm (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage (1d6+4)[5]
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-01-15 at 02:35 PM.