New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Badger IC

The source of the sound turns out to be a familiar face, followed by two other people.

Bruce (whispering, as he trips on some low bushes)
    "Ah, there you are! I thought you could use some help, so I brought two new members with me! I... what's that?"

You can faintly see the door of the warehouse outlined in light, as if someone had just lit a torch inside. A few seconds later, the light goes out.

Erutaron
    "I've had enough of this skulking around in the bushes and hometown political intrigue! This is not what I had in mind when I said I'd join an adventurers' guild!"

Enar
    "I'm not sure what I imagined this was going to be, but you can count me out too. Sorry."

Bruce frowns.
    Bruce
    "Well, it's not for everyone, that's for sure. You two come back with me to the guildhall to turn in your insignia. And I'll expect your 10 gold expense account returned to Lankin."

As Bruce, Erutaron, and Enar crash through the bushes back to the street, you can hear Bruce muttering, "Just as well. Any more than six in a party and they'll be making too much noise!" The rest of the party is left to ponder the mysterious light in the warehouse they had presumed to be empty, and to whisper greetings to the new party members.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surian Oron

Surian relaxes visibly as Dravick approaches, but his frown increases when he learns that Dravick too had found nothing of interest. At the sound of the rustling, however, he spun quickly on his heel. In a flash, his bow was in his hand with an arrow at the ready, pointing directly towards the bushes. His movements were quick and fluid, obviously rehearsed time and time again for efficiency. He is silent, simply staring at the suspicious bushes and foliage.

He relaxes and lowers his bow as Bruce emerges. He sighs and frowns as two of his teammates leave, but his mind is drawn away by the sudden light. He looks to Aulric, a confused look on his face, awaiting advice.
    Last edited by dual_wielder; 2007-12-31 at 06:34 PM.
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Akward Entrance

Zan Morseworth, Human Cleric
    Zan wandered outside the entrance to the shabby temple of Garl Glittergold.
    Stupid sense of time... I'm pretty sure this is where I was directed to go, correct? So I should see somebody...

Spoiler
    Show

Zan makes a spot check (+3) To see if the team he is supposed to be a part of is nearby.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte, Human Rogue

Having met Bruce, Kyte agreed to his terms and followed him to where the group was located. After Bruce leaves, Kyte drops to one knee, checking out the others in his current party and the surrounding area.

"What's the situation?" He asks in a low voice.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-02 at 11:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Having seen the light inside the warehouse, and after hearing the stampede that Bruce and the others had caused, Dravick decides that the group should retire to a more secure location. [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue']"Follow me,"[/COLOR] he whispers to his fellow adventurers, "I think we should repair a bit down the street to exchange introductions, and talk about our next move."

Dravick then silently and casually walks about a block down the street into a shaded area where he can just see the warehouse. He waits for his friends, and the newcomers, to follow and then says "Welcome, newcomers, my name is Dravick. We were attacked recently by parties unknown, and we are trying to investigate the Weaver's Guild because we suspect that they may have been responsible. Now, I do not presume to be the leader of this group, but I do think that we have a big decision to make here. The way I see it, we have limited options regarding this situation. After seeing the light inside the warehouse, it would seem that there is someone there and that there is some kind of activity going on inside. We can seek to force our way into the building to find out what is going on. To me, this seems like folly. We are only here on a hunch, and breaking into a building would bring dishonor upon our guild if we are wrong, and possibly pain and death to us, if there are too many people inside. Alternatively, we could stick around and watch for activity while remaining hidden, but I think that it would only be a matter of time before we're noticed. We could leave and come back tomorrow in the daytime to see what we can find out then. Or we could try to find out information in a more conventional setting. We could go and see if anyone in the area has anything to say about strange goings on with the Weaver's or at the warehouse. It is this last suggestion that I think will gain us the most reward at the lowest cost, but I am willing to try whatever path the team decides upon. Like I said, I don't presume to make any orders. Oh, and I think it might be worthwhile to check out the tavern nearest the guards house, he might enjoy an ale or two after a long day at work..."

Dravick smiles at the group and waits for their response.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check for anything around or inside the warehouse: (1d20+4)[17]

Kyte follows Dravick to his hiding spot, and listens to him talk.

Any of those ideas would work. Kyte thinks to himself. He takes a knee and waits for someone else to speak, to decide on a plan. Whatever we do is fine, as long as there's no waiting around.

7. - Top - End - #97

"Man.. they're over there!? Come on!"
    Trying to contend with a state of "spacing out", Zan hurries back to his new team near the warehouse.

Spoiler
    Show

He also makes a spot check, looking over the warehouse for ways in, any sort of surveillance, and other inherit dangers.
    (1d20+3)[9]

"Um... h-hello everyone."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surian Oron

Surian's eyes flick over to the warehouse as the lights turn on. He shifts back and forth, an arrow twirling in between his index and middle finger. He seems anxious, and isn't hiding it. He slows down and chuckles at the impatience and nervousness of the two newest members, however, and considers everything Dravick has proposed.

I think that whichever one of us is most confident in their abilities of stealth should inspect the builidng. Are either of you too skilled in the art of being sneaky bastards?

Surian laughs at his own crude attempt at humor (it happens so rarely these days, but he used to be known for it) before continuing.

Oh, introductions. I am Surian Oron, the pathfinder of this fine group. I also have an interest in archery, and will lend my skills in the bow if need be.

9. - Top - End - #99

Default Sneaky? Zan? Hell no.

Zan Morseworth

"... Nice to meet you, Surian. My... my apologies. I'm not very sneaky, I'm afraid. I'm here to help you guys out in some sort of pinch, and maybe offer some spells to the mix."

Zan looked down, apparently disappointed for not being able to take such a task.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sleight of Hand to draw weapon(1d20+7)[12]

Kyte looks at Surian, and looks the warrior up and down. In a flash, his sword appears in his hand, and he twirls between his fingers as Surian had done a moment ago.

"I can do that." He says, with a bit of confidence in his normally monotone voice. "I am Kyte."
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-04 at 12:33 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101

As the night grows later, there is nobody to be seen on the dark streets, until around midnight, when three large men wearing traveling cloaks walk up to the church of Garl Glittergold, and pause at then entrance. After looking around (not seeing the adventurers), one man stays outside at the entrance while the other two go into the church.

12. - Top - End - #102

Victor

Victor raises an eyebrow at his new companion's zeal, then glances at the newcomers to the temple. "That's odd. I doubt there are many in this city who would have a need to leave a guard whilst they pray." He nods at Kyte. "Well met. if you think you can look around without causing an alarm, I would have no problem with you doing so." Then he turns back to the rest of the group and gestures twoards the temple. "I think it might be prudent to take a look at what our friends in the temple there are doing as well. It might just be relevant. You may have to use deception to aid your entrance, as their guard will not take lightly to anyone from the Adventurer's guild if they were involved. The rest of us would be ready to enter upon any sign of trouble, of course." He waits a moment and looks around to see the group's reaction.

13. - Top - End - #103

Default That's great and all....

Zan scratched at the traces of a red beard growing on his chin, thinking.

"That sounds pretty good and all, as Kyte knows what he's doing. For me... well, all it takes is for you to tell me exactly what I need to be doing. Maybe... er, maybe I could go in. It would look natural, anyway, as long as I hid signs of worshipping my deity. I'm devout, it should work..."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Dravick thinks over the new options now that the three men have entered the scene. "I think I will leave the sneaking to Kyte, but I can go with you to the church if you want. I have a good way with people, and can talk my way into and out of many situations. That is of course unless you prefer to go alone, or if you think going together would be too suspicious." He smiles and waits for the rest of the group to speak their minds.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"We have 2 places we need to inspect." Kyte states dully. "I saw a vent in the warehouse that I can enter through." He points to a slatted, wooden vent near the roof. "And there is also an entrance in the back. The vent is more stealthy, while the back entrance is easier access."

Kyte looks to Zan and Dravick. "The two of you can enter the church, while Surian and I go into the warehouse."

16. - Top - End - #106

Victor

"Luck and speed be to you all. Aulric and I will stay here. I pray we're not needed."

17. - Top - End - #107

The wooden vent, about eight feet off the ground, looks fragile/rotten enough that some of the boards could be pryed away to make space for a medium sized person to squeeze through. It could make some noise prying a board out, however.

Spoiler
    Show
    Come up with some way to get up to the height of the board, and whoever pries the board out of place should make a Move Silently roll when doing so.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte heads to the warehouse, beneath where the vent is, and out of sight of the guard at the door of the church of Garl Glittergold. Looking up at the vent, Kyte sees a way to get it off silently and then sneak in through the space. He turns to Surian.

"If you help me up, I can get the vent down and one of us can crawl in, while the other goes in through the back entrance."
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-06 at 03:02 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109

Default Off to church we go.... and it's not Sunday.

"That sounds fine, uh... Dravick, right? I'll have to remember all your names sooner or later... just, please, do the talking. I'm not very good with things like that." Zan is all set to walk with Dravick into the temple, making sure that nothing outside has changed still.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot:
    (1d20+3)[19]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surian Oron

Surian looks up at the roof, wondering how someone could gain access to such a high point.

Tell me the plan and I will help complete it to the best of my abilities.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

((OOC: Assuming you were talking to Kyte, note that the wooden cover to the vent is only 8 ft. above the ground and on a wall, not on the roof.))

Kyte reconsidered, then offered an idea. "Try this: I will lift you up, so you can remove the wooden covering and crawl into the vent. Then I'll go around the back and enter through the service entrance. We'll infiltrate this building through two separate ways, and meet afterwards."

Kyte kneels down facing the wall below the vent, motioning for Surian to get on his shoulders.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

"My name is Dravick, but for now, I think it will be easier if we pretend not to know each other too well. I have a story worked out that should be able to get us past the man standing outside the church entrance should he try to bar us entry. Just pretend that you're not from here, and that I offered you my service to get you to a church so that you could take care of some pressing matters between yourself and your god. Leave the rest of the talking to me." Dravick looks at the man standing guard at the church and tries to see if there's anything out of place about him. Then he motions to Zan to follow him and walks a bit away from the church while remaining in the shadows. When he is reasonably sure that the guard cannot notice him in the darkness he crosses the street and begins to walk casually and with a nothing to hide manner towards the church gesturing for Zan to follow him.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aulric, human cleric

The bald priest listens to the plans and nods his approval. "Should Victor and I be needed, shout or send some other signal and we shall approach through the front." Turning to Victor, Aulric says, "I agree: I hope we shall not be needed, yet I hate to be left out of the fight, should there be one."
    "When two tigers fight, one will lose." -- Chinese proverb

Characters in Games:
    Gaimon Tarn, Human Dark Jedi | Second Golden Age of the Sith
    Brek Sorath, Dashade Soldier | Dawn of Defiance

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Surian Oron

Surian nods slowly at Kyte's simple yet seemingly effective plan. He stretches his legs to remove the growing stiffness as he answers Kyte.

Aye, I think that could work. Be careful though. I advise that you keep your weapon drawn at all times when inside the warehouse, and stick to the shadows at all times.

25. - Top - End - #115

The man standing at the door of the church sees Dravick coming and steps toward him, his right hand reaching into his cloak towards his left hip.

Man (in a tone less courteous than the words imply)
    "I'm sorry, the church is closed; you'll have to come back later."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte nods, and gestures with a shake of his head for Surian to hurry up. "Stand on my shoulders and I will lift you up." He says quietly.

((OOC: Just to save posting space, Dual_Wielder assume that when Surian gets on Kyte's shoulders Kyte immediately lifts him up to where he can reach the vent))
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-07 at 08:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Dravick senses the danger and readies himself internally, but keeps his composure externally. Oh no, I forgot to remove my guild insignia. With a flourish and a bow, that concealed Dravick's removal of his Guild insignia he says in a bright voice and without breaking stride, "Good sir, I am but a guide to those not familiar with our fair city. Pray tell, when will the church be open again? My acquaintance has paid me to guide him to a church, and I would like to have this task done with here rather than having to lead him to the other side of town. You understand, I'm sure. I would very much appreciate it if you would allow this man in to do his worshiping so that I might make it home to my wife before she sends a search party out for me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Check (1d20+8)[14]

I hope that my story is persuasive, but if he intends to get physical, I'll be ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    I edited the end of my post to coincide with the fact that it was slightly after midnight
    Last edited by Thymin; 2008-01-06 at 06:21 PM.

Current Characters:

28. - Top - End - #118

Default Does it come down to this?

Zan was not pleased with the man's tone, but his quiet nature keeps his thoughts internal, as to not shout. He did know that things may get physical if they aren't let in, and he hopes that it doesn't come down to that...

I hope Dravick knows what he's doing.

29. - Top - End - #119

Man at the Door
    "It's closed - until dawn. Go find another church."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aulric

The warrior priest watches the goings-on as best he can in the gloom, being unable to hear. However, the set of the guard's body indicates that Dravick is having less success than he had hoped.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive to discern how the bluff is going: (1d20+2)[17]

"Ready yourselves, friends... our time may be come..."
    "When two tigers fight, one will lose." -- Chinese proverb

Characters in Games:
    Gaimon Tarn, Human Dark Jedi | Second Golden Age of the Sith
    Brek Sorath, Dashade Soldier | Dawn of Defiance