New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: World of Eninn: Rise of the Tyrant II

Maeslyra

She only repeats the first stanza, then lets him ramble, shaking her head. "He's just going on like that. I'd say a pre-emptive assault might be a good plan." Maeslyra pulls out another wand and uses it while the fey is still chanting, then she climbs down off the horse and stows the wand again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mage Armor from wand on Maeslyra.
    If Jack doesn't launch into an assault at that, start using the wand of Protection From Evil on everyone in this order: Vandrel, Shae, Sunduval, Godwin, herself, Catherine.
    The wand is only CL 1, which means 1 minute of duration. Feel free to interrupt Maeslyra's wand use to start fey-slapping.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Vandrel

"Best to just get to it then as it is not expecting then," he says as he turns, drawing out his bow as he takes a few steps and launches an arrow straight at the Fey, its head crackling with electricity. "Our weapons will be less effective against him to an extent," he adds as he draws the next single arrow from his quiver.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20)[2]+8= 10 ((Assuming he's outside 30' at this point))
    Damage: (1d8)[2]+2+(1d6)[2]elec= 6
    2 charges left on the crystal

HP: 36
    AC: 20
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-01-14 at 11:18 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Shae

At Maeslyra's words, she draws her sword, nodding.

When Vandrel fires and explains about the fey creature being resistant to weapons, Shae puts two and two together and realizes what he's saying. "Vandrel, silver are the grey-fletched arrows. Black-fletched are cold iron. Whatever works." Unfastening it quickly, Shae drops her quiver to the ground. "I'll wait for him to come to us. He said brothers, right? Might be others." She draws her sword and moves Annabelle forward, placing herself between the Fey and the others.

Spoiler
    Show

Move halfway between the Fey and the group and hold -- swatting any who come near her if possible.
    Shae is still mounted. Annabelle is a light Warhorse. Shae has a +12 to ride.
    In the quiver:
    Five cold iron arrows
    Five silver arrows
    Ten normal arrows
    Initiative: 15
    Last edited by kariokie; 2008-01-14 at 03:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Godwin

The bard watches the small creature carefully. What he gathered of the conversation makes him uneasy about the situation. The man has not actually attacked. Words are cheap, and who knows what little 'dominance games' the creature likes to play. Whatever this hunt is and what part the creature has to play in it a preemptive strike makes him uncomfortable. Evil or no, it's always been his preference to avoid or distract, and a scythe is a nasty weapon. Still, Maeslyra called it, and he has to trust her.

"No magic in the area." he informs the others while moving into position to protect Catherine's summoning. He brings in some lyrics of his own, throwing off the strange uncertainty that the group has acquired dealing with the creature.

(common)

Old jack should take his silly rhymes away,
    and his threats that have no power
    For there is no call to be so rude
    to folks that come calling on his tower

Spoiler
    Show

init: (1d20+2)[4]
    move to protect Catherine from attack
    +3 bard song. continue singing until further notice to affect all summoned creatures.

5. - Top - End - #125

SolithKnightGuy

Tower in the Forest: Round 1

Vandrel fires a quick shot, but the small man is dancing around behind the fallen pillar. The arrow plunks off the old stone.

The little man does a hop, still singing his little chant, and runs into the ruined tower. His voice seems to grow more distant when he enters the crumbling edifice.

Shae advances on horseback, while Godwin sings his song.

{
    Maeslyra: I assume use the wand on Vandrel? You can change this.

The Fey is inside the tower, and out of sight at the moment. I'm placing everyone, oh, about 100' from the tower. Shae's already about 50' from it. It's a large circular stone tower, with crumbling walls and tiled roof (broken and eroded tiles litter the ground around the tower), about 3 or 4 stories tall, and perhaps 40' in diameter.

Initiative:
    22: Vandrel
    21: The Fey
    17: Maeslyra
    15: Shae
    13: Catherine
    4: Godwin
    1: Sunduval
    }

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Maeslyra

"Use caution if you go in there, it's his tower, after all."
    Maeslyra taps Vandrel with her wand then starts hurrying her way towards the tower. She'd like to use it on Shae and Sunduval, too, and they are likely headed into the tower, so she'll have to get there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, use the wand on Vandrel last round. Move only this round, to get closer to the tower. Moving technically at x3, but she sure doesn't want to be in front. She'll stay behind Shae.

7. - Top - End - #127

GreataxeFighterGirl

Shae

"Right. No need to rush." In a stunningly quick movement Shae jumps off of Annabelle and lands lightly on the ground to stand slightly in front of Maeslyra. She points her sword, red tinted and gleaming in the fading light, towards the tower. "Unless someone's got a better idea, it's the best spot around to defend from whatever this 'Hunt' is. I'm not one to get threatened and then go wait in the dark for this guy and his friends to come gut me." Shae shakes her head and snorts at the idea.

Spoiler
    Show

Just to see if she can... Quick Dismount, DC 20: (1d20+12)[20]

If the others agree, Shae will leave Annabelle and Bootsie with a 'Guard' command 50' from the tower (so they attack enemies who approach), then double-move into the tower. She won't move unless others are in agreement.
    Last edited by kariokie; 2008-01-15 at 01:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

Catherine

Oh hey, says Catherine dryly. We're going to kill another sentient creature. And this time we don't even have to wait for it to attack us. It makes me so excited I just want to dance for joy.

She dismounts clumsily. Not that I'm arguing. He gave me the creeps. I just wanted to point out how much delight I take in the killing of others. Her voice is completely devoid of cheerfulness.

Mmm, faithful servant, cast of air. Come forth and serve me.

She raises her hand, casting a spell. Shae, try and knock that scythe out of his hand. I'll see that he'll never get a chance to pick it back up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Unseen Servant. Dismount and move toward Shae.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

9. - Top - End - #129

AssassinGuy

Vandrel

Vandrel moves quickly towards the tower, arrow notched til he is next to the door, keeping a bit of distance between himself and the opening. He merely rolls his eyes at the youth sprouting nonsense to try to goad the others into an argument in the middle of battle. It showed how little respect and intellegence she had. He nods towards Shae as he stands, listening and watching for any sign of the Fey.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20)[4] + 9 = 13
    Listen: (1d20)[15] + 9 = 24
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-01-15 at 03:45 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

10. - Top - End - #130

PirateGuy

Sunduval

Sunduval will dismount Sunchaser near Annabelle and close his visor. "Right, time to start working."

The fireknight will advance until he is even with Shae looking into the darkness.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Godwin

Godwin smiles grimly. He didn't have much of the muse left after the fight with the Giants, and he wasn't about to let this one drop while they regroup. He switches to a song. One that he knows well so that he has some attention for other things.
    Of war and peace the truth just twists
    Its curfew gull just glides
    Upon four-legged forest clouds
    The elven angel rides
    With his candle lit into the sun
    Though its glow is waxed in black
    All except when 'neath the trees of Eden
    The bard moves forward with Catherine, rapier drawn, still playing the role of her bodyguard.
    Spoiler
    Show

continue the bard song
    move to continue protecting Catherine

12. - Top - End - #132

SolithKnightGuy

Tower in the Forest: Round 2

Vandrel moves up cautiously near the archway leading into the tower. Peering into the gloom with his elven sight, he notes the inside is rubble strewn flagstones, with a circular staircase running counterclockwise along the wall. He does not spy the little man inside, but can hear his wheezy tittering and occasional rhyming chant.

Shae, Sunduval, and Maeslyra move up to the tower as well. Catherine completes her cantrip, and a breezy whoosh flows past her ear, stirring her hair. Her elemental servant is ready to serve. Godwin stays near her, adapting and continuing his song.

{
    Initiative:
    22: Vandrel
    21: The Fey
    }

13. - Top - End - #133

GreataxeFighterGirl

Shae

With a thought, a ball of light draws out of the silver headband and appears next to Shae's shoulder. The solid white light, though not very bright, helps light the inside of the tower as she moves forward. Shae smirks at the paltry globe, that does its best job lighting her head. This way he can see who he's hitting with that scythe. She clears her throat, moving forward cautiously. "I'll go in first. You spot him, call it out."

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+1)[8]
    Listen: (1d20+1)[2] (Psssst... I think I hear the ocean.)

Illumination is equal to a lamp, I believe. If anyone wants to add to that, fabulous.

Move into the tower, and if nothing is on the first floor, go up the stairs. If someone else spots the little bastard, follow their direction to him. Double move, unless it's not needed. If she has an action, stab the fey. STAB HIM!
    Last edited by kariokie; 2008-01-16 at 11:23 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Maeslyra

Maeslyra picks up a rock. Prior to casting on it, though, she looks to Sunduval. "I can cast Light on your shield, or on this rock." Whichever he prefers, she follows through with the spell and stays behind both him and Shae.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Light on either the shield or the rock, Rapscallion's choice (or he can suggest something else at hand).
    Single move to bring her to the tower, but not going inside it yet.
    Spot, Listen: 21, 13

15. - Top - End - #135

Catherine

Catherine follows behind Shae, her expression distant.

16. - Top - End - #136

AssassinGuy

Vandrel

Vandrel follows Shae into the tower, bow sweeping around the interior as he moves, attempting to keep to the shadows inside and catch sight of the fey.

Spoiler
    Show

Just moving 1/2 speed (20'/rnd), attempting to stay hidden and silent as he tries to catch sight of the fey.

Move Silent: (1d20)[16] + 11 = 27
    Hide: (1d20)[1] + 11 = 12

Spot: (1d20)[10] + 9 = 19
    Listen: (1d20)[1] + 9 = 10

*sighs* I hate the stupid board roller.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-01-16 at 12:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Godwin

Godwin follows, singing softly.

The statue stands with folded arms
    Its iron claws attached
    To curbs 'neath holes where pris'ners wail
    Though it shadows metal badge
    All and all can only fall...
    Spoiler
    Show

spot: (1d20+3)[4]
    listen: (1d20+3)[10] (minus something for singing I'm sure)
    Probably shouldn't have bothered...
    Last edited by Lost Sage; 2008-01-16 at 03:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

SolithKnightGuy

Tower in the Forest: Round 3

Maeslyra intones her spell, providing light for Sunduval to carry into the gloomy tower. Shae invokes the magic of her helm, and a small light spreads out from the helmet.

Stepping into the tower, Shae is greeted by a large chunk of masonry crashing down; only her reactions save her from being crushed, managing to deflect some of the rubble. {6 damage} Above her is the wiry man, grinning toothily. He laughs, before running up the spiraling stairs.

Vandrel enters soon after Shae, but cannot catch a clear shot of the fleeing man. Everyone else soon crowds around the entrance, or just inside the tower.

{
    Initiative:
    (21): The Fey
    (22): Vandrel
    }

19. - Top - End - #139

Catherine

Catherine snaps out of her fugue and lets out a loud scream, rushing into the tower. Oh my! Shae! Are you alright?! What was I thinking? We're in a dangerous situation and all I can do is moan about how Maeslyra's treating me?

20. - Top - End - #140

GreataxeFighterGirl

Shae

The masonry almost comes crashing down on her head, but a slight scraping sound alerts her and the teenager springs into action. Shae twists her body to the left and the rough rock scrapes her swordarm, breaking the skin with a nasty scrape, before it strikes her thigh. She looks up, eyes narrowed in annoyance, and sets off running up the stairs, bounding up them two at a time. "Ow! You little f---! Com' 'ere!" From her expression, the next thing to come crashing down to the ground will be the fey.

Finally registering Catherine's scream, Shae pauses in her chase for a second and looks down at the summoner from the stairs. "I'm alright. Watch yourself, grab some cover." She manages a slight smile before continuing her hurried ascent.

Spoiler
    Show

Since the little man acted as she stepped in, Shae would have known he was up the stairs and gone up them, as per the double move direction last round, no? She's going to continue to run up them towards the dink until she reaches him. And then she's gonna kick his little rhyming ass.

And it's band around her head, not a helm! Shae is too cool for helmets. Uh, no offense, Sunduval.

AC: 21/22
    DR: 1/-
    HP: 38/44 (assuming DR wasn't included in last attack, she was down 1 hit point from before)
    5 resistance to cold, fire.
    Move: 30', double move if needed both rounds

Spot: (1d20+1)[20] + for Godwin: 23
    Listen: (1d20+1)[21] +3 for Godwin: (Woo, 34. Now she really can hear the ocean.)
    Last edited by kariokie; 2008-01-17 at 08:07 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Maeslyra

Damnable fey. Maeslyra reaches back and pulls a different wand out of her pack without looking. Because her eyes are focused on watching for Jack. She points this new wand forward, trying to compose a rhyme to see if she can taunt him to reveal himself, even for just a moment.

Sylvan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jack is quite clever, he's pulled us within,
    But Jack is a twit and a little lambkin.
    He's called us to bay with a kick to the shin
    And he'll find out what we'll do to win.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready Wand of Magic Missile
    If she sees him, blast him.
    Spot, Listen: 8, 12

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Godwin

With a crashing but meaningless blow
    No sound ever comes from the Gates of Eden

The savage warrior sticks his head in sand
    And then complains
    Unto the shoeless hunter who's gone deaf
    But still remains
    Upon the beach where hound dogs bay

23. - Top - End - #143

AssassinGuy

Vandrel

Vandrel growls slightly as he moves into the tower, sprinting up the stairs after the fey . As soon as he has a shot, he lets a cold iron arrow fly from Shae's quiver.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20)[14]+9=24
    Damage: (1d8)[4]+3+(1d6)[6]=13

HP: 36
    AC: 20
    Assuming he's can get within 30' of the Fey...

Last edited by Santanya; 2008-01-18 at 10:36 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144

PirateGuy

Sunduval will acsend last. "Why is it always stairs when we need to run." His clanking and clinking provided a nice counterpoint to the heavy puffing as he runs up the stairs after the quarry.

25. - Top - End - #145

SolithKnightGuy

Tower in the Forest: Round 4

Maeslyra can hear the little fey, now up on the second or third floor, cackling at his own antics. A few times she catches a glimpse, but never long enough to enact the wand as he heads higher into the tower.

Shae watches the little fellow run off, giggling to himself. Pursuing, she hears an ominous thump, Thump, Thump,Thump,THUMP,THUMPTHUMPTHUMP from ahead, as a large roughly hewn stone sphere about 4' in diameter begins bounding down the stairs.

Vandrel fires off a difficult shot at the fleeing Fey, as it stays crouched along the higher stairs. His cackling immediately ceases, however.

The little fellow continues to run higher, disappearing from sight up the stairs as he hugs the wall.

{
    Those on the stairs: (Shae, then Vandrel, then Sunduval)
    You have 3 options to deal with the stone ball:
    1) Leap over it: Jump DC 20 check, failure means 2d10 damage
    2) Jump off the stairs: Jump or Tumble to avoid damage as normal (you're 15' up)
    3) Deflect the stone ball: DC 20 Strength check (if you have a shield, you get +1 for light, +2 for heavy). Success means the ball drops off the stairs and those behind you don't have to check; failure means 2d6 damage.

Those below can easily avoid the rolling ball.

Shae is about 3 move actions from the Fey right now. The top of the tower is about 6 move actions away.

Initiative:
    (21): The Fey
    <-----Here on Initiative---->
    15: Shae 6 Damage
    (22): Vandrel
    }

26. - Top - End - #146

GreataxeFighterGirl

Shae

"Oh crap." She has only a few seconds to decide -- jump off, or stand her ground? Quickly, she wedges herself against the wall as best as she can, using it to brace her shield and create an angled surface for the ball to bounce off of. Time slows down as the ball thump, thump, thumps down the stairs at her, and she's almost thankful when it finally strikes. Her bracing does little to help, though.

Reeling from the blow, she yells up the stairs, "Got a few dozen more? No? Too bad for you." She sets off again in a slightly lopsided gait, bounding up the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show

Got a 15.
    Up up up and away!

27. - Top - End - #147

PirateGuy

Sunduval

The fire knight will be surprised when the rock makes it past Shae, so surprised that he barely has time to set. He can feel small pebbles under his feet as he lowers his center of gravity and flexes his knees to take cover behind his mystical shield. His eyes wil go wide as the rockball bounces off the steps ahead and launches itself towards the knight's head. As resounding PANG echos throught the empty ruins. "Good" is all the knight will say as he shakes his head trying to clear the starfield he currently percieves. Only his training keeps him upright.

28. - Top - End - #148

Catherine

After making sure she's not about to be flattened, Catherine runs up the stairs. Shae! Wait! Please, I think there's a better way to do this!

29. - Top - End - #149

GreataxeFighterGirl

Shae

There probably was a better way to do this. However, waiting to find out what it was would let the fey stop and concentrate on harming them. Instead of concentrating on running for his life, which was what he should be concentrating on, as far as Shae was concerned. "Good. Explain it so we can help, or carry it out. Can't stop until you do." She continues running up the stairs, taking them two at a time.

Well, truly, Shae could stop. There was no rush if everyone moved to safety so nothing could drop on their heads. But the red narrowing her vision didn't want her to stop until she'd thrown that little giggling man off the top of the tower.

30. - Top - End - #150

Catherine

Just stop! Catherine is on the verge of tears, witnessing Shae's injuries. I can help but only if you stop for a moment!