New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ankh-Morpork Ombudsmen

"Damn ye off the Rim," the man struggles and tries to break free.

(I will finish off Valkyn's grapple to see if he holds on, Valkyn = (1d20+3)[17] and the Half-Orc man = (1d20+6)[25] )

(In case actual violence breaks out I will setup initiative right now...giving Grax a slight situational penalty to initiative since he was the only one to not see what was happening...

Half-Orc man initiative = (1d20+4)[14]
    Valkyn init = (1d20+3)[20]
    Igor init = (1d20+7)[22]
    Grax init = (1d20)[11] )

2. - Top - End - #62

The man breaks free of your hold and twists away. He makes for the dockyard, smashing into an old lady and scattering her bundle of fire tinder across the road.

[Tactical: the half-orc is 15 feet to the south on a very crowded street where most people have not noticed or do not care that you just scuffled with the man. The thick traffic at this time would make ranged option or charging difficult. The roadway here is between 20-30 feet wide with the outer wall to the west and the edge of the wooded docks to the east. The man is 10' west from the edge of the cold water of the river, not frozen over and still sludging along some 10' below the dock's wooded walkway that the man is on. The first to react is Igor, then Valkyn, the man, and finally Grax. The man is currently flat-footed from his stumble with the lady should you choose to confront him again.]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Igor walked slowly on the defensive as he moved to block the orcs straight exit.

Full defnse and move to the other side of the orc.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Valkyn goes after the man shouting "STOP! Unlicenced thief!"

He still has't drawn any weapons, after all the thief didn't attack him. Valkyn dashes to the thief and grabs him, trying to bring him to the ground.

(grapple check I assume, (1d20+3)[7])

[edit: oh dear, I gues thats a miss, even with flat footed. Hopefully some civilian will stop him, though this is Ankh morpork...]
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-01-10 at 12:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

"Bah, bloody curr!" The man, seeing Igor step in front of him and hearing another closing quickly on him whirls around to face Valkyn. The sap, once disguised as a coinpurse hanging from his belt, is quickly in his left hand as Valkyn lunges in to grab him. He dodges at the last moment.

((Valkyn's attempt to start a grapple fails despite Igor aiding to flank))

The half-orc side-steps out from between the on the wall-ward side, so that he is immediately to Valkyn's right. He slaps the sap down towards Valkyn's head and then retreats toward to wall until pressed against it (spring attack, so igor gets no AoO due to full defense and none for Valkyn due to spring attack)

(attack toward Valkyn (1d20+6)[14] )
    (non-lethal damage (1d6+2)[6] )

The sap passes over your shoulder and misses.

[Tactical: the man is now 15' west near the wall. The crowd has parted slightly where Valkyn yelled...but the masses are all around the pickpocket. It is Grax's turn (and he has until Sunday morning to post)]
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-01-11 at 07:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

[OOC: Sorry, was away suddenly all day.]

After being caught rather by surprise by the sudden commotion, Grax runs after the man, and as he runs, he throws out his spiked chain in an attempt to trip the man. (If he's in range with the 10' reach)

Spoiler
    Show
    Melee Touch (Trip) (1d20+3)[9]

Silver Contributor To The Avatar d20 Project

7. - Top - End - #67

The pickpocket skips over the chain, with a clang it hits the wall behind him harmlessly [miss].

[OOC: now it's igor's go and then Valkyn's again. Sorry I was a bit slow too, off camping this past weekend and now I think I'm sick.]
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-01-14 at 11:41 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Igor moves 20ft away from the thief as he casts mage armour on himself.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Valkyn goes straight for the man again, this time with his rapier, though not to kill

Spoiler
    Show
    with -4 penalty for non-lethal
    attack: (1d20+3)[9]
    damage: (1d6+3)[6]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grax whips the chain back, and throws it back out in another arcing motion towards the man's legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Melee Touch (1d20+3)[12]

11. - Top - End - #71

The man continues to weave and dodge without a single blow landing. Finding himself backed against a wall he growls and throws himself towards the gnome.
    Pushing off from the wall the man dodges the attack of opportunity from Grax and charges into him.

[He is attempting to bullrush Grax, trying to push him off the pier whose edge is 10' behind Grax. I will count the attack you just made Colt as the AoO since the half-orc is before you anyway, so after this you still get a round action.

*Valkyn now gets another attack against him as the AoO so if Valkyn stops the bullrush somehow I will go back and edit once we see Valkyn's AoO.]

Spoiler
    Show
    bullrush strength checks Half-Orc = (1d20+4)[22]
    Grax's strength check = (1d20-4)[15]

12. - Top - End - #72

[Tactical: Grax is now right on the edge of the pier and the man is directly west of him, Valkyn is 15' west of Grax and Igor is to the south of them all about 20'.

Now, Valkyn gets to roll an AoO and then it is Grax's round.]

Unable to resist the sudden tackle, Grax is shoved 10' back. He catches himself on a small post coming up as support for the wooded walkway, the only thing preventing him for plunging over the edge.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Valkyn sees the bullrush attempt and tries to take the thiefs legs with his rapier

Spoiler
    Show
    Still going for -4 to non-lethal.
    (1d20+3)[8]
    (1d6+3)[6]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grax grunts and steps back, whips his chain back and tries to tie the attacker's legs with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    the usual (1d20+3)[23]

15. - Top - End - #75

Having failed to push the gnome right off the edge, the man growls, "Can't even make a simple living, baaahrrrr!" He bellows as the chains wrap around his legs. Seeing an opportunity as the gnome moves to the side, the sap swings in while they are bound together.

Spoiler
    Show
    I presume you want to move 5' sideways rather than back do to the edge of the pier right behind, either way the 5' step provokes an AoO just before your trip attempt...(the trip does not provoke one).

Pickpocket's AoO = (1d20+6)[23] nonlethal damage (1d6+2)[3]

Assuming the trip continues opposed str checks modified by size
    Grax = (1d20-4)[12]
    pickpocket = (1d20+2)[5]

[Grax takes 3 hp worth of non-lethal damage but the attacker is now prone and because you rolled a natural 20 on the touch attack I will further say that the chains wrapped together and bound his legs, cutting his movement to 50% unless you remove the chains (free action) or he makes an escape artist check DC=your roll of 23... and if you leave the chain on you get an auto-touch hit towards future trips.

It is now Igor's round and the half-orc is prone.]
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-01-16 at 03:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Igor moves near the orc then uses a 5ft step to get into a flanking position with Full defence.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Valkyn goes to grapple the man, while sayign to him: "I want my money back!

Spoiler
    Show

Remember Valkyn REALLY likes his cash
    grapple(1d20+3)[18]
    If the grapply succeeds, Valkyn also has his rapier either across the thief's neck or prodding him in the back.

18. - Top - End - #78

The half-orc glances upwards from his back to see the three marks staring down at him. His knees ache, twisted up within the gnome's blasted chains. His pride burns at being reduced to a common thief...and worse for being confounded by these tenderfoots.

As you all stand over him you can now smell the alcohol on his breath mingling with a weeks worth of smells lingering from sleeping on the streets.

With the noble bearing down of him the half-orc man flails and rages [not mechanics rage...just drunken anger].

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO to Valkyn's grapple (-4 due to prone) (1d20+2)[5] which if hits does (1d6+2)[5] non-lethal damage.

[the AoO misses and Valkyn bears down on the prone man]
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-01-19 at 10:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Now desperate, the man struggles as Valkyn grabs him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposing grapples (-4 to prone half-orc) and the man is flanked
    Valkyn = (1d20+3)[17]
    half-orc = (1d20+2)[16]
    if Valkyn wins (1d3)[3] damage to the man.

20. - Top - End - #80

Valkyn delivers a knee to the chest of the man as he grapples with him, winding the drunk.

The half-orc stares down the rapier blade held at his neck as its wielder kneels on his chest.

With one last push of energy he tries to roll to the right...towards the glooping waters of the Ankh river.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now that you are both down and grapples the man twists to the right to try and move you both off the edge, he is still prone.

Half-orc = (1d20+2)[4]
    Valkyn = (1d20+3)[12]

The man fails and lays still, the rapier still held unwavering at his throat. In his drunken stupor he wimpers to himself silently.

[He is no longer taking any aggressive actions as you have him prone, pinned, partially bound, surrounded, with a blade to his throat.]

"I Yieldddd," the man slurs, "ya bast-hic-ards beat me. Giiime your worst." He scrunches closed his eyes and lays still.
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-01-19 at 10:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Do either of you know where the thieves guild is?" Says Igor.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Valkyn

"Yes, its on the street of alchemists, near the patricians palace and the assassins guild. We should take him there.Turning to the thief That is of course, unless you have a licence, though I doubt it, drunkard

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grax, walks over to the man, and looks him over, then says "Well, I doubt he'll walk there, so you two will probably need to carry him, unless you want all his blood to be in his head.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Valkyn

"Yes, I don't think I could carry him alone, unless its by his ankles, althogh personally I am all in favour of that

Spoiler
    Show

Valkyn's off ground is 200, so is suppose he could carry him alone. But his drag is 500.

Valkyn then goes to retrieve his stolen money from the thief, but only his, leavig whatever else the thief may have stolen for the guild to sort out

Spoiler
    Show

I assume I cantake 10 on a seacrh check? or is it obvious were my money is.

Also I hope taking him to the guild wouldn't sidetrack us too much from the main objective.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Igor will help to carry the thief.

26. - Top - End - #86

Valkyn finds none of his possessions on the thief. He does notice a light mace, the sap, the leather armour he wears and a few gems in a pouch tucked in the back of his belt. He struggles slightly at the search but with three men dominating him, he ultimately gives in.

Spoiler
    Show
    he actually failed to pickpocket you at all. If any of you take anything off him before carrying him off just say so. Finally, he is still conscious, do you want to bind him further or disarm him or anything?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    All that for nothing then oh well, we can start making an impression on the town anyway by taking him to the thieves to deal with. I don't have a rope or anything to bind him with, so unless anyone else has one I say we carry him off now

28. - Top - End - #88

The four of you proceed towards the local thieve's guildhall at a slow pace, carrying the pouting drunk between you. Your path brings you past the docks, where the lapping of the dark waters is never heard over the rush of merchants, traders, dockhands, creaking wood and yelling sailors.

Within the chaos you see at least three separate clusterings of folk from all races. One is clearly the bazaar, but the other two are street performers or some other draw.

Some fifty feet ahead near the southern bridge over the river is a guard post with two watch officers overlooking the crowd. Numerous side passageways wind between the many boats and plank-ways, but the most direct passage south is right under the watch.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Tho, towardth the watch." Said Igor, following Valkyn.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Valkyn

"Yes, im sure they'll be able to take him off our hands and bring him to the thieves guild, or Vimes; though im not sure how which is worse for him"
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-01-22 at 11:32 AM.