New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Captured! (IC)

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Captured! (IC)

Wimble Yomwablum

Wimble motions for everyone to stop. "Could I convince any of you to have me advance alone as a preliminary caution? It is what I do, after all..." He repeats the phrase in Elvish.
    I am of those who subjectively prefer the style of Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5 as opposed to 4.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

As you will shortling, but remember, I get to KILL the gray shortling, and his head is MINE! with this hushed announcement Tauron
    flexes his muscles in preparation for the fight to come, grinning savagely at the prospect of ripping the guard apart, and wiping that smug grin off of his face once and for all.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh.
    The disinterest in his voice and manor is obvious even to those without knowledge of the elves, and his face, which had remained vaguely optimistic before, seems to wither and droop before your eyes.
    Regaining his composure, Shylaeser returns to normal and plops against a wall, pointedly offering his water-skin to the others.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wimble

Wimble tips an invisible hat as he takes advantage of everybody's ambivalence. He rounds the corner and creeps down the hallway, his nerves still and his movements well calculated, at the ready to react to just about anything.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently check while constantly listening.
    Move Silently - (1d20+6)[13].
    I will assume that I can take 10 on the Listen check, since it'll take at least a minute.
    At the sound of anything near that I don't discern as the other captives, I will roll a Hide check.
    Hide - (1d20+8)[24]

EDIT: Wimble's Listen mod is +10.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Let me know if I need to roll anymore of the three checks, since I'm doing them as repetitive actions.
    Last edited by tumble check; 2008-01-07 at 08:19 AM.
    I am of those who subjectively prefer the style of Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5 as opposed to 4.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wimble sees the cave begin to widen, and spots a Duegar standing in a cave. Around the Duegar are several piles of possessions, one of which Wimble recognizes as his own. The Duegar, however, is laughing delightedly, not recognizing that someone is watching him.

Key:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gray = cave (can walk there)
    White squares = items
    Black squares = Chest
    Colored circles = you (color corresponds to your speech color)

To the grid!
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wimble

Wimble returns to the others and tells Tauron to "indulge himself".

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently check back to the others - (1d20+6)[20]

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to assume that the yellow is Wimble, despite the called orange color? If so, that's completely fine. Also, for larger battles, is there a way we can get coordinates on the squares?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Tauron smiles and starts to run, he does not speak until he's right behind the guard and yells {In Common} Die you arrogant shortling bastard! and attacks with his horns

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope its ok if I roll for attack, and I hope I'm not rushing things (1d8+11)[12]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wimble Yomwablum

Wimble cheerfully trots behind the charging in bull in hopes of using the diversion to nab his gear.

Spoiler
    Show

Wimble follows Tauron. Assuming it's not too far, he will use a standard action to pick up his gear in an armful when he arrives to it.

Spoiler
    Show

Let me know if this isn't possible.
    Last edited by tumble check; 2008-01-08 at 09:22 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Roywyn ducks around the corner and she hurls a jet of energy at the dwarf, with a twist of her hand the silver energy turns a sickly yellow green, induing the blast with a sickening power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+4)[17]
    [roll]1d20+9[roll] Ranged Touch Sickening Blast
    (2d6)[6] Damage
    DC 18 Fortitude save vs becoming sickened
    Last edited by Yeril; 2008-01-08 at 12:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20+9)[26] Ranged Touch

11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nicholas

Seeing Tauron run off into battle, Nicholas takes off. He realizes that without his arms or armor, he can't last that long on the front line. Luckily, it seems as though there is someone willing to put his neck out. He moves forward between Tauron and the rest of the group.

Raising his holy symbol high, Nicholas shouts, "Pelor bless us as we fight the darkness!" A large shockwave of intangable light streams forth from the cleric and fills the hearts of everyone with courage.

OOC - initiative - (1d20)[8]

Everyone's got Bless for 4 minutes - +1 to attacks, +1 saves vs fear.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Shylaeser remains in the corridor, watching for enemies.
    And, well, being lazy.
    To all the ruckus, he simply raises an eyebrow.
    .....?
    Meh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+7)[15]
    Listen: (1d20+6)[18]
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[16]

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.

13. - Top - End - #43

The poor duegar, caught completely off-guard by the attack, suffers a major wound from Tauron's horns.

Wimble does indeed make it across the room and to his pack without any trouble at all.

Roywyn's blast of energy snaps back the duegars head, killing him even as he tries to stem the flow of blood from his previous wound.

Nicholas begins to cast his spell... OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to take back that spell, I'll let you. Just tell me in your next post
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-01-08 at 11:41 PM.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Tauron smiles at the corpse and says {In Common} That will teach you to taunt your betters, eh shortling? and with this proclamation Tauron turns find his equipment so that he can use his axe to sever the Duergar's head, and searches for a belt to hang the head on. As Tauron searches for his axe and a belt he snaps at Wimble {In Common}Your a sneak yes? see if you can open the chest, there might be something of use inside, or maybe thats where the bastards put my axe.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there are no belts currently "available" Could I just grab the Duergars?

15. - Top - End - #45

Nicholas

Nicholas aborts casting his spell when the Duerger falls, the puddle on the cave floor growing as it lay there. As Touron gathers his trophy, Nicholas goes over to his gear and takes some bandages out of his pack. He patches up his torso before he begins to put his armor on.

Buttoning on his padded under armor, he remarks to the others. "We need to move quickly. They may learn of our escape soon and kill any other prisoners here. We need to get to them before the dark dwarves decide to kill them."

Nicholas then devotes his full attention to donning his chainmail and getting his other gear ready. In full war regalia, Nicholas does make somewhat of an imposing figure. A blood red tabbard hangs over a thick chain armor with a white sun on his chest. His shield has three echelons pointing towards a half sun in matching colors. Nicholas' mace is a large steel monstrousity with patches of blood visible on its otherwise polished surface. The whole image, however, is contradicted with his usual kind and caring expression on his face.

OOC - Yes let's cancel the spell.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2008-01-09 at 12:58 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing nothing(I assume), Shylaeser pushes himself up of the floor, dusts off his bottom and wanders into the cavern.
    Grabbing his stuff, he dons his gear and pulls a fine violin from a sack.
    He plays a single golden note:
    (1d20+9)[29]
    that seems to hang in the air as his "face" goes through a matching series of colors.
    [Elvish]Good.[/Elvish]
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-01-09 at 01:22 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wimble

Wimble comically rolls on the ground trying to clothe himself. He finally stands up looking like a proper woodsman, bow at his side, quiver on his back, and at his waist, a hatchet no bigger than Tauron's thumb.

"A sneak...", Wimble repeats to himself, stroking his chin. ... not as eloquent as I would have wanted..."

Wimble marches to the chest, with notable bends in his path to avoid the now-armed bull and the walking mace that called himself a human.

Wimble then begins running his fingers along the chest that's as big as he.

Spoiler
    Show

Search check.

Search can find any simple trap below a DC of 20.

Wimble's Trapfinding allows him to use the same check for traps with a DC above 20.

Search - (1d20+10)[29]

18. - Top - End - #48

As soon as Wimble touches the chest, he notices that the grain of the chest is really rough, even though it looks smooth. Then the thing opens it's eyes and a pod from the chest's lid smacks him in the chest, doing a little damage and sticking the gnome fast.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 damage to Wimble. Link to sheet is here

Oh, and Tauron found his belt, so everyone knows.
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-01-10 at 01:24 PM.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wimble

"Waaaaah!" Wimble squeals as the chest animates and binds his body. Appearing not to be in much danger but instead panic, Wimble's body wriggles and writhes. No stranger to a bad situation, he calms down and earnestly attemps to break free.

Spoiler
    Show

Wimble may make an Escape Artist check instead of a grapple check to escape the grapple.

Escape Artist - [roll]1d20+6[/roll]

EDIT: Crap, sorry... the other roll is in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by tumble check; 2008-01-10 at 07:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

As Tauron finishes adorning the bloody head to his belt, a sure sign of his victory, he hears Wimble screech and turns around, seeing his distress he lopes over, bloody head dangling from his belt and bouncing against his hips and splattering blood on the floor, and Says in a harsh but subdued tone {In Common} What are you doing you sneak? and quiet down, much as I would revel in the bloodshed to come should any more Duergar arrive, In this groups present state I am sure many of you would die, and I am not arrogant enough to think I will be escaping this place alone

21. - Top - End - #51

Nicholas

Nicholas adjusts his shield a little while Wimble investigates the chest. He looks over his gear a little and contimplates why they are wasting time looking for material gains.

"Make sure all your gear is in order we-"

When Wimble screams Nicholas looks over and sees the chest is attacking him and he cannot break free. His shock at seeing an inatimate object attack the "sneak" quickly fades as Nicholas realizes it must be something more sinister. Lunging at the thing with his mace, he yells to the others,

"Kill it!"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

initiative - (1d20)[4]
    attack - (1d20+6)[11]
    damaage - (1d8+2)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Tauron, finally noticing that the chest had grown eyes, roared a challenge and hacked his greataxe into the it in a great arcing strike

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative (1d20+2)[6] attack (1d20+5)[13] damage (1d12+11)[21]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Initiative - (1d20+2)[13]

Spoiler
    Show

Should I perhaps be denied my DEX bonus for Initiative? If so, subtract 2 from that(for a minimum of 0, I should hope lol)

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20+4)[18]

"What kind of Sin against nature IS that?" Roywyn quickly mumbles to herself with a slightly shocked expression.

25. - Top - End - #55

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wadledo, DM'd your initiative (22).
    The cave after this battle is here

Flower stands still, apparently unaware of the creature as he is still absorbed in his violin.

Roywyn just stares at the creature, disgust and shock rolling through her mind.

Wimble's attempt to escape fails, though he notices that it's more because the adhesive is on him than because of anything the creature tries to do.

Tauron's attack, surprised as he is, flies wide of the creature, landing with a thud in the ground just next to it.

The creature squeezes Wimble twice, doing 16 damage to him.

Wimble's strike at the creature, comes just as the creature shifts slightly. The mace hits at a bad angle, doing no damage to the hard creature.
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-01-11 at 09:13 PM.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Tauron, outraged at having missed, picks up his axe and swings it again in a wide arc, trying to aim for the chest and not Wimble

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if I should be rolling attack again but i will ne way, to be on the safe side (1d20+2)[3] <---Initiative just in case i need it (1d20+5)[25]<---attack (1d12+11)[21]<---damage

27. - Top - End - #57

Nicholas

Nicholas watches as his blow glances off one of the chest's angles. He winds up to strike again but before he can, Wimble gets constricted by the thing. Not knowing how much Wimble could take, or how strong the chest-monster was, he takes a step back and begins to say a prayer.

Nicholas reaches out to touch Wimble and the halfling's fractures bones begin to right themselves.

OOC -
    Spoiler
    Show
    5' step back away from the mimic
    Burn Heat Metal for a Cure Moderate. Cure Moderate Wounds - (2d8+5)[16]

Also it seems Tauron got a natural 20. We may have a squished mimic on our hands depending on the confirmation
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wimble

Wimble seems revived by the generous cleric's touch and begins again to struggle against the monstrosity.

Spoiler
    Show

Escape Artist check - (1d20+6)[20]

Last edited by tumble check; 2008-01-12 at 11:28 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Flower

Shylaeser quizzically walks over to the struggle and draws his longsword, preparing to poke the chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to draw sword and move moving to B4.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Throwing an Eldritch blast of silvery energy into the fray.

Ranged touch, -4 for shooting into a Melee
    (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage if hit.
    (2d6)[7]