New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Dawn of Defiance [Star Wars SAGA] [IC Thread]

Palini
    You fire at the informant, but your attack misses.

Arel
    You can't leave cover, fire, then re-enter cover(Look up the Running Attack feat.) unless your intent was merely fluff - let me know. Premature detonation there

Mara
    Using materials from the medical kit, you manage to successfully stifle the woman's bleeding, as well as administer suitable antibiotics and an analgesic. She is still in no condition to fight however.

"That feels a lot better, thank you." mutters the woman, as the pain-killer starts to take effect. She glances upwards. "Are they going to be alright?"

Brek
    I'm afraid holstering/drawing a weapon is a move action, making changing weapons an essential full-round action minus a swift action. You could drop your rifle as a swift action, rearm as a move action then move again as a standard action - then retrieve your rifle later.
    I am a Jedi!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Palini

Though confused at first at the request, Palini nods. "My left or his left?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna go ahead and roll it now to save time. This is for next round.
    Aid Another Attack - (1d20+3)[17]
    It is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7
    Sharn Vankessel, Cleric of Team Cougar

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Arel

"Yours," Arel grunts as he sets his sights on the Imperial. As Palini's shot drives the human out, Arel shoots.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the Imperial has cover, I'll spend two swift actions to Aim. Then comes the shootering:

Attack - (1d20+3)[18]
    Damage - (3d8)[11]
    Last edited by Attilargh; 2008-01-27 at 11:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brek

The hulking figure drops his gun on the tabletop, draws the strange sword at his back and uses the table seat as a stepping-stone out the window. Brek keeps to the side of the shattered opening opposite where his allies are concentrating their fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: dropping his rifle on the table
    Move Action: drawing his sword
    Move Action: stepping onto the seat and going out the window

Just to clarify... are both informants still standing, or did one drop? I had thought I'd read that one had dropped.
    "When two tigers fight, one will lose." -- Chinese proverb

Characters in Games:
    Gaimon Tarn, Human Dark Jedi | Second Golden Age of the Sith
    Brek Sorath, Dashade Soldier | Dawn of Defiance

5. - Top - End - #65

Brek

Ye, one of them is already down.

The plasteel table buckles slightly under your weight as you hobble out of the window. You stare the informant in the eye and you see the fear draw itself on his face as your wave your blade menacingly. Nevertheless, he seizes the moment, and fires as point blank range.

The attack hits you on the shoulder, burning a hole through your armor. You are overwhelmed by the acid smell of the energy bolt mixed with that of your own scorched flesh.

Brek is hit for 12 Damage

Arel

Aided by the small alien, you manage to level your "gun" at the informant, firing a spray of lethal "gun"fire. The attack hits the informant in the abdomen and he drops to the ground, dead.
    I am a Jedi!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brek

Stumbling from the force of the blaster bolt, Brek growls in pain and anger. He hefts his archaic sword high over his head... and watches as a well-aimed bolt tears past him, scorching into the man's gut, staggering him before he collapses.

Sliding his sword back into its sheath, he crouches down and pries the comlink from the fallen man's hand. His small orange eyes peer at it, as small in his hand as a datadisk would be in a human's. Perhaps we can find a few answers, he thinks with satisfaction. If nothing else, we'll know how much trouble we're in...

"Gal'ak dror so'nath," he grumbles at the bodies in a language no one has heard in... a long time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: sheaths weapon
    Move Action: retrieves the comlink
    Free or Swift Action: speaking

Next round, if we're still moving in rounds...

Brek runs back into the cantina through the front entrance. He takes a rifle from one of the downed stormtroopers. When he returns to the table, he holds it out to the woman in mechanics' clothing. "You may need this before the end," he rumbles.

He then takes up his rifle, bracing it against his shoulder once again in case of more trouble, though the movement causes him to wince at the pain in his shoulder. "We may find another exit past that curtain..."

Spoiler
    Show
    When Brek has a moment, he'll take a Second Wind.
    Last edited by Rafe; 2008-01-27 at 10:03 PM.

Characters in Games:

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Mara

In a flash, the blasters stop firing. The fight is over. Mara turns to the young woman. "We can't stay here. Is there a place where we can hide?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Palini

Still aiming toward the downed men, and now noticeably shaking, Palini continues to mumble to himself, though this time in Ryl. At the mention of a hiding spot he very quickly jumps to the ground, shoulders his rifle and starts bouncing up and down. "Yes yes! Hiding! Hiding is good! Hiding is great! Let's go hide somewhere where there aren't any blasters or troopers with blasters or smelly men with blasters possibly backed up by troopers that most likely have blasters and they most definitely won't be pointed at me." Surprisingly enough, he got that all out in one breath.

Without warning he dashes toward the bar, climbs up on a stool and leans over the side to check on the bartender. "Hey hey hey! Quick, how much do I owe you for the drinks?"
    Last edited by Jensik; 2008-01-28 at 05:30 PM.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7

9. - Top - End - #69

The woman finally crawls out from underneath the table, her hand still at her side. As they talk in turn, she listens to Mara and Palini, before taking the carbine as it is shoved into her arms by Brek, which she balances against the table

"No, no, I can't use this, I have.." She moves her hand to her side, pushes down and collapses the empty holster on her belt. "Damn it." She takes a breath, steadies herself, and picks up the heavy rifle once more.

"I have a place nearby. I'll take you there. Come with me."

Leading you out of the Cantina through the entrance and into the abandoned Promenade. You make your way along several deserted corridors, once ducking around a corner to discover a loud, fast-moving group of marching troopers heading towards the Promenade. After multiple detours, you finally make your way towards one of the many "economically" condensed living areas on the higher level. Something catches your eye (Roll Perception, DC 10 - DC 15 for Mara).

Unlocking the door with her thumb-print, the woman leads you inside. There wasn't much to meet the eye. A single bed along the far wall siding a refresher. Two, one closed, one half-opened crates are arranged side-by-side nearby. As soon as she enters, the woman drops the rifle, sits onto the bed, takes off her jerkin and begins to inspect her wound.

"We should be safe here for now." She purses her lips and cringes as she loosens the bloodied bandages.

200 EXP for beating a CR 1 encounter.
    25 BONUS EXP for successfully saving the woman's life.
    Last edited by Kaymeera; 2008-01-29 at 03:09 AM.
    I am a Jedi!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70

Devil

Mara

"Hey, take it easy. You're hurt..." Mara looks concerned at the young woman. Blood has smeared onto her expensive suit, but she hardly cares at this point. "What happened? Why were they after you?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brek

Entering the spartan dwelling, the hulking figure remains near the entrance and sets windows to opaque and secures the door with a press on a nearby wall control. After doing so, he removes part of his combat jumpsuit and examines his own injury. With a satisfied grumble, he sees that it isn't as bad as he'd first thought.

Spoiler
    Show
    Second Wind

Leaning against the doorframe, his rifle cradled in his arms, he listens to the conversation. As he does so, he examines the human businesswoman, wondering who she is and why someone who, he feels, has a great deal to lose would toss her lot in with the three men.

There's more to this one than meets the eye.

He listens with piqued curiosity when the businesswoman asks the other woman why she was being attacked.

Characters in Games:

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Arel

Arel drops his pack into the corner and sits on one of the crates to rummage through his belongings as he listens to the conversation. After a short while he pulls out a well-used blaster pistol which he then sticks under his belt. He fidgets with it a bit, trying to get the gun to sit comfortably, before standing up again. "Does it stand out too bad?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth - (1d20+3)[23]

13. - Top - End - #73

Satisfied with her inspection, the woman turns to Mara then looks each of you over in turn, obviously weighing something or other in her head. Finally, she addresses you.

"Well, I suppose you'll be wanting some answers." She rearranges herself onto the bed, slowly, before finally turning back to you. "My name is Maya. I'm with Alderaan Security - Senator Bail Organa's personal security detail, so you can imagine why the Empire wouldn't want me here", she looks you over again and smiles. "Or maybe not".

"Anyway, I was assigned to deliver some cargo for the Senator. Something I was supposed to acquire from someone on Sel Zonn - a droid - Switch."

She shifts once more, wincing. "But it looks like I'm not going anywhere for a long time. I need your help. How about it?"
    Last edited by Kaymeera; 2008-01-31 at 10:41 AM.
    I am a Jedi!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brek

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception on Arel (weapon): (1d20+7)[12]

The hulking figure eyes Arel and says heavily, "How does what look?"

Still leaning against the doorframe, Brek's relaxed idleness shifts to interest. He scratches his cheek with a thick fingernail/talon. While he didn't want to sound stupid, what he didn't know about this time could (and did) fill datavaults.

"So Bail Organa's a senator, but what does he have to do with the trouble you were in?"

Stepping away from the door, Brek shifts his rifle in his hand and adds, "I didn't come here for drinks or to browse the boutiques. This Empire destroyed all that I know. Knew." He growls in self-frustration. "Does helping you hinder this abomination of 'progress'? If so, I'll gladly help. If not, I may help anyway if it means getting off this floating heap."

He brings his rifle to his chest in a sharp movement and growls, "Ve'nath nror Crecnal drosh'an!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Dashadi - "Death to the enemies of the Republic!"
    Last edited by Rafe; 2008-01-31 at 09:36 AM.

Characters in Games:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Palini

The Squib had been pleasantly quiet, though annoyingly twitchy, since the departure from the bar. Something was bothering him, or more likely he was still shaken up from the firefight.

"Well... not the kind of work I was looking for, but it's something. Besides, something tells me we need to get the snark off this station. Fast."

GM of Narutod20's Team 7

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Arel

"No rush. The Rep-" Arel grins a bit. "Sorry, Imperials are probably going through every outgoing ship with a fine-toothed comb right now. Soon they'll start to look deeper into the station and we can slip through the lines."

The Zabrak rubs his chin as he looks at the wounded woman. "Especially if I'm right and the lady here wasn't planning on walking through customs with Organa's cargo."

17. - Top - End - #77

Devil

Mara says nothing for the moment. Then, finally, she speaks. "I can't do much...As you can see...I'm no good with a blaster. I'm a woman of business, not of action. Unless you need to negotiate a deal with this Switch, I doubt I can be of much help to you."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Palini

"Hey now, don't count yourself out just cuz ya can't shoot. I've gotten outa plenty trouble talkin around folks, and from the sound of it your better at it then me. In case ya haven't noticed, this group of ours is a little lacking in subtlety."

GM of Narutod20's Team 7

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brek

The large, dark-skinned man grumbles a laugh. "That's true. I'm as subtle as detonite in an arms emporium and you're all crack shots with blasters."

Becoming more serious, Brek says, "Not only do we stand out but..." Suddenly he remembers the comlink he'd taken a few minutes ago from the informant. Quickly, he pulls it from his utility belt and mutters, "I'm no good with technology. Can we do anything with this?"

He offers it out to whomever claims competence.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I seriously remembered as I was typing that line, and forgot what I was going to type so thought I'd just go with it. :)
    Last edited by Rafe; 2008-02-01 at 01:42 AM.

Characters in Games:

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Arel

Arel feigns indignation at Palini's words. "Hey! I can be subtle! You'll never see a better sneak this side of the Outer Rim." He then sits back on the crate. "There's a proper information terminal just outside, by the way. Not one of those programmed ad-machines in the landing bay. Does anyone happen to be a competent slicer?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Palini

Palini's ears twitch and he tilts his head looking very confused. Then, he pulls out a knife from his boot. "I don't see how cuttin up a terminal's gonna help us, but you know better than me apparently."

GM of Narutod20's Team 7

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Arel

It's Arel's turn to look confused. "Wait, wait. I meant a person who's good at getting into computer systems where he's not quite welcome. You know, slicing?"

He thinks for a second. "Er, that didn't come out quite right."
    Last edited by Attilargh; 2008-02-01 at 03:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Maya looks at each of you in turn, nodding.

"Thank you. Rest assured that with your help we can possibly save many sentient lives."

"And don't worry about your compensation, Organa is a very rich man; if it's credits you want, then that's what you're going to get." She says this all very matter of factly.

She finally nods at Arel. "Of course. You get me the shipment and I'll get you off the station."

She looks you all over once again, before continuing, "I take it we're in agreement then. The troopers will still be looking for me, and I don't think I can fight them off just yet. You'll have to go alone. Keep a low profile and avoid attention. My ship will be ready by the time you get back."

"You'll find Switch on the lower levels, bay V14. Be careful down there, I haven't been myself, but I've been told it would be like taking an afternoon walk on the Smuggler's Moon. The security forces don't have much of a presence there, so you should be relatively safe from any Imperial interruptions."

She gets up slowly, and moves over to the half-open crate. Rummaging inside, she collects what appears to be a comlink and hands it to Arel.

"Contact me on this when you have it. Channel 1138B. I'll tell you what to do next."

She then also retrieves a pistol and a pair of medpacks, laying them on the bed. Retaking her position, she begins to open one of the packs.
    I am a Jedi!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Devil

"Then we should go without delay. We should meet with this Switch as soon as possible." Mara nodded, looking at Maya. Mara then looked at the hulking figure. "You're injured as well. Sit." Mara looks at him and speaks in a tone that's almost flat, like there was no room for argument.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Brek will allow Mara to treat him, Mara will apply first aid to his injuries.

Treat Injury Check(1d20+7)[17]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Arel

Arel takes the comlink and nods. "Will do." Once Mara has finished patching up Brek, Arel stands up. "Let's get going."

Outside, he says to her, "We weren't properly introduced, were we? I'm Arel, the big guy's Brek, and the furry one is Palini."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Palini

Palini puts his knife away shaking his head. He still wasn't sure what was going on, but he heard the words "rich" and "compensation" in the same sentence, and that was good enough for him.

"Palinitilima-turkiva, to be more proper. Pleased to meet ya! Love to stay and chat about this and that, but we need to scat. Hey, that rhymed! Haha, I crack myself up."

Palini will follow Arel.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7

27. - Top - End - #87

Devil

Mara

Before leaving, Mara removes her bloody jacket. Smeared with Maya's and Brek's injuries, it would only serve to attract attention. She placed it around Maya's shoulders kindly, telling her to keep it.

"My name is Mara, Mara Deltear. A pleasure to meet you all. Now, we need to get to bay V14 as soon as possible. I think this terminal can tell us where it is."

Mara walks over to the terminal and inputs a few things, asking about bay V14.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to get information about docking bay V14

Use Computer Check:Taking 10, for a total of 12.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-02-06 at 03:02 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brek

The man allows the woman to administer to his injuries, though he remains somewhat suspicious and watchful of her movements. Next to him, she was small but it doesn't seem that way to any onlooker. When Arel introduces him to her, he grumbles something under his breath, possibly related to the tranq needle in his shoulder.

When she's finished, Brek stands tests his arm. He allows himself to grunt in satisfaction, surprised at how the pain has lessened and the flexibility of his arm had returned. "Thanks."

He puts his combat jumpsuit back on. Having forgotten the canv-cloth in the cantina, Brek scowls as he glances around for any kind of covering that could be used to conceal his rifle. He looks long and hard at the mechanic's overalls that Maya is wearing.

"Do you need those?" he asks gruffly, pointing a huge finger at her. "One, it'd be best not to be seen wearing what you were, and two, I could use it." At Palini's expression, Brek adds, "Uhhh.. Please."

He stands to as Mara does her thing with the terminal, keeping a sharp eye (and ear) out. As he waits, he asks Arel: "Anything on that comlink?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+7)[18]

Characters in Games:

29. - Top - End - #89

Maya

A cursory search for storage bay V14 reveals that the bay is on a level restricted to all non-Imperial personnel

Brek

You feel a minute, momentary, comfort as the woman performs simple first aid on your injury.

Additionally, listening in on the comlink, you realize that the troopers are speaking in a form of military code. You hear one final message before it turns inexplicably quiet. (Roll Knowledge: Tactics, DC 10 or Knowledge: Bureaucracy DC 15).

Brek gains a grand total of 3 hitpoints.

DM note: I will always the declare the DCs for single-tiered Knowledge checks based on optional pursuits(ie. ones not integral to the story). I will try to make them based on two knowledges, where one is more relevant than the other, provided it's applicable. Nevertheless, you can only attempt one of the two.

EDIT: I just realized that the DC for an Untrained Knowledge check for the lower DC Knowledge, would essentially equal a Trained Knowledge check for the higher DC Knowledge, the difference being, solely, a d20 - Doh, *shoots self* - illusion of choice galore.

Mesa think of something!
    Last edited by Kaymeera; 2008-02-07 at 04:54 PM.
    I am a Jedi!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Devil

Mara

The young businesswoman slaps the console in frustration. "Of course, it's in a section restricted to Non-Imperials." She mutters something in frustration. "Perhaps I should talk to a few people...I'm better with words than I am with computers."