New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: The Corruption

Surge

Spoiler
    Show
    Once an idea got into Surge's head it was hard to derail it, and he at least had to clarify himself. "Oh no, I didn't mean that I would want to observe it immediately, though at some point it would be a great help to my records. Primarily I want as accurate an account as you can give on how it affects you, the psychological effects on your person during the change and so forth. There have been plenty of sightings and accounts on their... general disposition but little on what makes them that way. As for the other matter, I am sorry to tell you that it concerns you as well," Surge tells Gawair every detail of what he saw in the scrying globe and of their plan to meet at the bar and discuss what they should do.

"The others may have had time to gather some information but I think that you may know more than any of us, especially since Azgrim doesn't seem to enjoy his House at all. Did anything strike you as odd when you checked into your House or have you felt anything odd with your mark?"
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Gawair:

Spoiler
    Show

So the construct wants to interview me about turning into a furry animal? What the heck made this so darn interesting? Gawair sighed at the thought, but his eyes perked up at the statement about his house. Really he didn't see the point in hiding it:"Umm, yeah it was checked out by a doctor. Why? What did you hear?"

3. - Top - End - #303

Surge

Spoiler
    Show
    "In the crystal that Sindra gave to Darren we witnessed his testimony to the dragonmarked houses. Sindra himself was named an abberant and part of a rogue house, which leads me to assume that he has an abberant dragonmark," Surge pauses for a moment to access his memory on abberants, "He tried to tell them of a plague that will attack the Houses and their members, and he claimed that a darkness would arise from Khyber to engulf us all. Two words stood out though, The Corruption." Surge quiets for another long moment before continuing.

I hope that this fleshling is discreet, it would get very bad for us if the Houses found out about our involvement.

"We think that Sindra showed us that meeting as a backup plan, in case they refused to heed his warning. There is no doubt that your dragonmark was tested for some kind of abnormality. Despite their professed disinterest in his protestation at least your House is taking precautions. It would be best if you did not speak to anyone outside of our group for now. Our plan is to investigate the matter while we wait for word from Beleaen the conductor, and we are meeting at the tavern in order to come up with that plan."

Knowledge Arcana - (1d20+9)[28] OOC: Just to remember as much as possible about abberant dragonmarks (shouldb'e done it before, but what the hey)
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

Gawair:

Spoiler
    Show
    housesthat meant trouble. The majority of the houses rarely co-operated, and well, this spelled trouble. And if Gawair was thinking, he should stop right there and just leave ooooooorrrr better yet turn the conspirators in, but the construct had one on him and, well, he wanted to make sure that they didn't have that on them yet. No, just best to turn them in.

But if the houses were missing something, something missed by their own self-interest (a strong possibility) than, well, if they could solve the problem then ... he could get a reward, and his freedom from his debt, and a chance to prove himself again to his house.

For now, he was in.

Gawair nodded and after a moment of silence; he said with a great chance at stoicism, "I'm in. And your--our secret is as safe as long as," he whispered, "mine is too."

OOC: Anything else or can we skip up too the rest of the party.

5. - Top - End - #305

Surge

Spoiler
    Show
    "Excellent. I thank you for this chance Gawair. Let us go to the others."

Surge continues to apply the oil as he speaks.

"Gawair had his dragonmark inspected at his house, and the Cannith enclave seemed more backed up that usual. It could mean nothing or that the houses are taking some action."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Azgrim

The knight grins a little sheepishly. "I heard nought but the whistling wind and a grumbling stomach."
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

7. - Top - End - #307

Surge

Surge stares at Azgrim for a moment before nodding.

"Ah, I apologize, sometimes I forget that fleshlings require sustenance as I require repairs. Should the rest of you order food then?"
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren

"Yes, let us eat something. I sure can do with a good bowl of soup."

Darren looks foreward to his meal with a mixture of hunger and dread, it does mean taking off the mask after all and that in this... filthy ... atmosphere.

He almost gets a fit of coughing just thinking about it.

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Gawair:

He simply nodded when the statement concerning his house occured.

"Pork" he looked at Surge briefly, "Well done." He nodded and looked around for a waitress.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren

Looking at Gawair, Darren asks "So you have a dragonmark too then. Heard any rumours?"

Lycar

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

smile Re: Eberron: The Corruption

Lorei is pointed over to the table and arrives with her falcon on her back.

"Hello lads." She says leaning back and petting her falcon. "you seem hungry and no one has approached the bar yet. I help ol' Hal when I'm in town. Anything I can do?"
    Save a show. Slay a Shipper.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren looks the girl over for a moment, his gaze pausing just a moment on her bird.

"Sure. I'd like to have a bowl of stew perhaps. What's on the menue? And some bread to go with it."

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2008-08-07 at 02:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Gawair:

After, actually, politely ignoring the dwarf. He decides to answer as he comes out of his train of thought.

"No, I don't know anything more than I already said. You guys know more than me."

Following which, he raises a darkened eyebrow and takes a look at her:

"You're from the Reaches aren't you? The accent gives it away." He said with his own Reach accent.
    Last edited by WillWolf; 2008-08-09 at 01:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314

Surge

Surge pulls out his logbook and starts scribbling in it as Airea comes up to their table.

The subject seems to desire whole meat, rather than the typical omnivorous diet of wolf-kin. Further study is warranted regarding his diet.

He closes the logbook and holds it to his lap, preferring to not say anything yet.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lorei smiles as she takes the questions.

"Stew and bread is easy, sure. Ol' Mrs. Hal can make any common thing you like and lots beyond, if you have something in mind just ask!"

She turns to the fighter and smiles. "Lelth'alia nelo. It's a pleasure to meet land kin so far from home. And a comfort to hear the accent again. Do you or your friend want anything from the bar?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

Gawair:

Gawair smiled. He loved to hear the slight accent of the Reaches that he so loved, though he prefered the fertile breadbasket land as opposed to the rich, roaring forest. Still it was a pleasent change to hear that particular accent as opposed to the brash Sharn or the sharp Theocracy.

However, the elvish language, which he knew fluently, was not one he had a particular love for. After all, his condition occured because of the situation regarding magebred horses. No matter.

Elvish: "May your reaps be full of splendor, A good years wine would be great, one from the Reaches, seems apropriate, my friend." It was fluent, but slightly clumsy on his rather quick toungue, giving the impression that he was trying too hard. "But, I can not order for my companions." He smiled, but then despite the pleasentries (which he was actualy not bad at, it was just his genral mannerisms which made people nervous) his mind came back to the problems at hand.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

In Elvish: Ol' Hal doesn't really carry that but, I happen to have a few pouches of the stuff with me. Here. She hands over a good sized skien from her belt. You really should eat something with that. Strong and all that. Her Falcon hopped from her back to her shoulder.

In Common: If there's nothing else I can go get the soup and bread.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren

"Just the soup and some bread and i'm good, thanks."

Lycar

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Gawair:

Common: "You're right." He nodded solemnly. "What is wine without bread and meat? I'll take some bread as well."

20. - Top - End - #320

Surge

The subject is from the Reaches, and is fluent in Elvish as well as the common tongue. Perhaps those more wild lands are a home to many such subjects. NOTE: Question subject about this point, if the subject proves reluctant to relate his particulars then it may be possible to find and question another. NOTE: Subject enjoys baked wheat products along with his wine and meat, decreasing the possibility of a drive for a carnivorous diet.

Surge scribbles a bit more before putting his logbook down and staring at Lorei.

I should lengthen her interaction with Gawair, he may give more away to a stranger than to myself.

"If you do not mind the question, that raptor seems to be quite well acclimated to this urban environment given that it is not hooded. Do you have some sort of connection, arcane or otherwise, to it?"
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-08-12 at 01:07 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

"Oh, Dodi. Ya, we've been together since I was a kid, she goes where I go. Towns, cities, you name it. Life is much better with a Failmore." (Elven, companion/familiar. Denotes a form of magical connection but means such a connection with a much deeper personal bond.)
    "Soup and two breads, sounds like a nice little meal. And I'll have ol' Mrs. Hal get a bowl of her sweet crisps for until the meal is ready, just to tie you over. I'll be back in a minute"

Lorei walks over to the bar where ol' Hal is taping a few beers for the travelers.

"Any ale for the lads, mi' girl?"

"Not that they said but no one says no. How about a basket of those sweet chips though, people always come back for those."

Ol' Hal laughs and his wife follows from the back. "Done, child. And take these as well."

Lorei takes the steaming hot chips in a bowl and one beer. "Only need one. One needs no food and the other had some wine with him." She stole a sweet chip from the bowl, Dodi let out a loud caw and was given one as well. "And they ordered one soup and two sides of bread, you know the good dark bread you make."

Ol' Hal nodded and send the order back. "Sounds like a fine meal. Now hurry and deliver those before they get cold."

Lorei nods and takes both, hurrying to the table.

"Alright lads, one bowl of Mrs. Hal's famous sweet chips and one dark ale on the house, comes with the soup. The rest should be up in a moment. Anything else I can help you with while I'm here? I have all the news." Lorei help Dodi hop to her other shoulder.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren

Darren looks at the soup. It sure does smell quite good. With some reluctance he removes his mask, straining to keep breaths shallow to breath in as little dust as possible. Fortunately, the updraft of hot air over a bowl of hot soup and the moisture seem to help keep the dust at bay.

"Thank you, this kind of hospitality is not found all too often in this world, sadly."

Darren gives the girl a smile and starts to eat his soup and bread hastily, lest the soup becomes too cold to support the cleansing updraft.

Lycar

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The door to the bar swivels open and a gnome wearing the robes of House Sivis enters, quickly but professionally approaching the group at the table. "Excuse me, message from Belaean d'Orien for the recent traveling party from Karrnath?" He quickly inquires to make sure he has the right people before handing over the letter to the first person who inquires about it.

The letter itself is a message from Belaean saying that he talked to an agent of the man who owned the one railcar. He couldn't get any strong information, but he knows that the agent is going on a passenger train, and if you hurry, Belaean can get you on the train.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren

Darren looks up from his meal, slightly annoyed to be disturbed.

"That would be us, yes."

He gestures at the gnome to just leave the letter on the table, trying to remember if one is supposed to tip messengers.

Lycar

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lorei nods as the messenger arrives and walks back to the bar.

26. - Top - End - #326

Surge

Surge takes the letter and in a rare feat of recognition for a job well done, hands the gnome a gold piece. After reading the letter he hands it over to the others and briefly describes the contents to anyone too busy eating to read it.

"Since we seem to be at a loss for what to do with our primary goal, perhaps we should take Beleaen up on his offer and track down this agent?"
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren

Darren listens intently as Surge reads the letter, pondering the offer. After finishing his meal, he had hastily redone his mask, forcing a sharp breath through it to expel any dust from his lungs.

"I sure wouldn't mind helping to find out who is the slaver responsible for these people's deaths. I don't know if i can do much to help you make him talk but i may be able to keep watch. At the very least, you will have my full moral support."

Darren turns his head to look Gawair over for a few seconds but says nothing.

Lycar

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lorei snaps out of her falcon trance as she over hears the nearby conversation.
    "I sure wouldn't mind helping to find out who is the slaver responsible for these people's deaths. I don't know if i can do much to help you make him talk but i may be able to keep watch. At the very least, you will have my full moral support."
    Taking a slip of paper from one of her pouches and writing on it quickly. She leans over the bar and calls to Hal.

"Hal could I have some cheese chips? I'm getting hungry."

Hal laughs and takes an order from the heating area. "Of course lass. Good to see you eat."

She smiles and carries the small basket to the table where the guys are where she ships the note under the basket (so it can be easily seen) and after a moment offers some of the same to the group.

She uses her link with Dodi to suggest that she start causing a ruckus, she leaves hastily to deal with the interruption. The note says " One of you or more follow me outside in your own time. Do not talk about such things so openly. It only gives away your intent."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren

Darren notices the note and reads it. He hands it over to Surge with a shrug.

"I don't know about you but i need some fresh air..."

He gets up, putting down a few coins to cover his tab and tip and heads outside.

Lycar

30. - Top - End - #330

Surge

Surge reads through the note and lets out a metallic sigh.

"Perhaps it would be best for me to follow, I would not want to get polishing oil in your food. Such things upset organics, or so I have been told."

Surge leaves the note on the table and walks outside.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show