New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 1,321 to 1,328 of 1328
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Drawn into Ravenoft IC

Sophitia nodded in quiet greeting to Erikkin, smilingly girlishly until Linnet's interruption – specifically the word lord – causes the knight to flinch. After the explanation behind the letters, she opens her mouth to speak, only to be disquieted by a scratching noise. Dropping the book and rising from her seated position on the floor, she eyed the odd bird, remembering she had seen one like it on her way into the valley. She looks quizzically at the creature before her eyes suddenly alight.

Is that a trained carrier bird?”
    Djinn_in_Tonic avatar. I owe him a big thank you.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

Erikkin:

"That bird is the former companion of the last member of the Order of the Raven." Erikkin says as he goes over to the window to let the bird in. "I wasn't invited by any lord. My invitation was by the lady Ashlyn. We've traveled together before and she needed a strong sword arm. I don't think you should jump to conclusions about the letters. I'm sure there are others here who can read and write. Any skilled craftsman would be able to craft a raven seal, and it's not likely that outsiders would be able to recognize if it were the actual seal of the lord or not. Perhaps we should show the seal around the village to see if it really is his."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

Tell

Tell nods at Erikkin's words and remains quiet for a bit.

Then:

"Wait, Sophitia... there's something different about your letter, now that I think of it. Get it out again..."

Any rudeness in his tone is tempered by the fact that he brings out his own letter, Prydaran's letter, and the chewed tattered remains of the bug's letter. He sets them side by side on the floor and invites the others to compare them with Sophitia's.

Hers has a different seal than the others...
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Orc in the Playground

Sophitia

Once deemed to be little more than a pet, Sophitia looked at the raven with half-disinterest. She scanned those that were assembled, reminded then that she still impolitely ignoring the fiery-haired swordsman's hail.

Sir Errikin, I am Sophitia, knight of Heironeous. I should inform you: Ashlyn intends to take leave of Barovia. Her beloved much the same. It was asked I give that book,” she gestured to the tattered one left on the floor, near to Tell, “for a lady Oxanna.”

Glancing back to Tell, she smiled. “Regardless, it seems the villain's stranglehold over Barovia still offers us breathing space. May I know what battle-plans have been made for the day? It would be my pleasure to aid it until the lady Ireena awakens.”
    Last edited by Paramour Pink; 2009-06-06 at 11:13 AM.
    Djinn_in_Tonic avatar. I owe him a big thank you.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tell lays down the letters on the floor, side by side. Prydaran's and Toir's are similar to each other, carefully penned in a bold calligraphy with broad strokes. They bear red wax seals, and are written on nice, thick vellum.

Tell's own letter, surprisingly similar to Sophitia's, seems by comparison to be completely different to the first two. The wax seal is black, and the calligraphy is clearly by a different hand. It almost seems like it was written in a rush. Even more strikingly, though, is the fact that Tell's and Sophitia's letters say exactly the same thing, word for word.

Once allowed in, the Raven caws loud and long, flaps its wings and flies across the room, alighting softly on Liannet's shoulder. It cackles loudly, bending forward in defiance to all present.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Liannet

Whatever interest she had in the letters is diverted by the raven's entrance; she instinctively shies back a little, unused to having a bird perched on her shoulder. In fact, she's not really used to anything getting that close. She starts to reach up with one arm, then stops, not sure whether she had intended to brush it up or... pat it, or whatever one did to a bird. She settles for glancing at it warily. What did it want with her, anyway?

Of course—the raven symbol. "But what do you want me to do with it, fool bird?" she mutters to herself and it, her tone much less harsh than her words. She didn't really think it knew—if it had known how to use the symbol, surely it would have told Urik. And he would have used it, or told his companions what he intended with it. Wouldn't he?
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

At Liannet's half-whisper, Hurrn caws loudly and scratches its beak with its claw. It then proceeds to look down at Liannet with one eye.

((OoC: Where does Liannet have the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind? Is it visible anywhere on her person?))

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ettin in the Playground

One everyone has had a chance to look at the letters Tell will put them away in a safe place.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law