New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Dingo OOC

After wrangling with photobucket for far longer than I should have, I've finally managed to delete the old schematic and upload the new one. I can still make changes if necessary. The only change I made that we hadn't discussed previously was shrinking the Master's cabin by a little bit (to increase the cargo area).

2. - Top - End - #212

I'm not sure if team Dingo's mission ties in with the other plots flying around. I didn't think it did by now I'm not so sure. Anyway it might be best for someone from Dingo to be at this meeting to keep up to date and make sure everyone knows everything and all the dots are connected:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...02#post4309502

3. - Top - End - #213

DB, my reading of the writing on the wall is that Dingo's mission has EVERYTHING to do with at least one other plot, and that's the meta-game reason I'm pushing to get us back down river post-haste. Whatever we get from the interrogation session should be part of the meeting too, if we can make the time lines work.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

This game has much more plot than I first thought. I am impressed !
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=36610

Thank you Shades of Grey for my avatar

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

I am as well. That in itself is something I didn't see coming at first either.

Also, I'll hop into the meeting if we need to. Nice to know we might be going home soon.

Also another, more IC reason to head back. Do we have the food and supplies to last long enough to Khornis?
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.

6. - Top - End - #216

If you want arcane psy-op help Matthew has charm person, hypnosis and zero problem messing with people's heads. If you want really nasty go with Sharn.

7. - Top - End - #217

As much as I want to be in on that meeting as a player, as a character, Marko is NOT leaving the ship until it's status is settled. As far as he's concerned, he's its Master right now.

8. - Top - End - #218

I think our crew may see Khorinis sooner rather than later. Marko will hold off on voicing that plan until Althea brings the news back.
    Last edited by Daryk; 2008-05-18 at 05:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

And then again, maybe Marko will eventually go to the Guildhall, and proceed to relieve Team Cougar at sea...

Seriously, thanks for the most excellent excuse to join the HQ2 thread Doc!

When (if) we get the petty cash from the guild to pay the crew, Marko would like to hand them back their daggers and say a few words, if possible.

Oh, and by "clean out 'his' new cabin", I mean Marko thoroughly searches the place (takes 20!)...
    Last edited by Daryk; 2008-05-17 at 01:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

I hope I'm not being presumptuous in assuming that I don't need to roll a check in order to determine which horse is the better of the two, considering Ulysses has the "Saddleborn" trait and full ranks in Ride.
    Setting: The Chimeric City

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the Calvin avatar, as well as the Pandaren:
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Daryk, I think you may have misinterpreted Ulysses's actions and/or attitude. He was in no way undercutting Marko's authority that I can see -- unless Marko for some reason wanted to hand out the money personally, which I suppose I could understand, but I can't really see it being something to get angry over. I suppose he did tell them to behave themselves, which could be seen as him trying to give orders, but Ulysses would probably tell anyone to behave themselves, granted they didn't outrank him.

Quote Originally Posted by souldoubt View Post
    As they begin to embark, he paces the deck handing out silver pieces to the oarsmen, pitching his voice in a commanding tone.
    As you can see, there is no mockery or jest in his tone -- he is quite serious.

"... Who knows, maybe your new 'Captain' will even give you your daggers back."
    You may have misinterpreted the quote marks on the word captain. I put them there because Marko is acting captain; the de facto captain, and captain for all intents and purposes, but Ulysses, being who he is, is likely to make a distinction between the position and the rank until some higher authority (like Bruce) officially acknowledges Marko as the captain. Once again, no mockery or jest in his tone. He considers Marko to be as much in charge of the ship as Marko himself does.

Ulysses tries to remain stern, hiding a smile at the idea of the diminutive gnome being captain of the ship.
    This is a purely private thought, and would in no way publicly impugn Marko's authority. For the record, Ulysses respects Marko but isn't used to dealing with gnomes; so the mental image of Marko captaining the ship would rather put Ulysses in mind of a child ordering about full-grown men, even though he knows that's not the case. I was kind of assuming that Ulysses's high Charisma would allow him to hide his mild amusement from the crew, and probably Marko as well. I suppose this begs the question of why I put it in there in the first place if it has no really direct affect on the events of the game, but it's just the way I write -- very much inside the head of the narrating character (in this case, Ulysses). Call it "character flavor."

If there was some kind of misinterpretation here, I'll give you some time to change your response before I post Ulysses reaction.
    Setting: The Chimeric City

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the Calvin avatar, as well as the Pandaren:
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

12. - Top - End - #222

souldoubt,
    If that wasn't your intent, then, yes, I completely misinterpreted Ulysses. I just got some particularly bad news in real life, so it may take me a day or so to work up a revision.

-Daryk

13. - Top - End - #223

Well, I finally got my head clear enough, and edited the post. Hopefully, that makes it a bit easier for Ulysses to respond, though I did add a post in response to Doc as well. Like Doc, I'm not trying to railroad, but simply keep up the pace.