Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Flight of Dragons

Xander AC: 24 HP: 55/62

Xander jumps into the kobold, slashes at it, and then dashes past it

Spoiler
    Show
    Using spring attack ( I think you can use it even when your already enaged ), attacking and moving 10ft after the attack, hopefully this gives me skirmish bonus, and also no AoO against me. Moving to O,11.

attack:(1d20+12)[29]
    damage: (1d8+4)[12]
    shock damage: (1d6)[1]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Round 5
    *26-Xander(O11)
    *19-Priests
    *18-Flower Plant (1)
    *16-Hemil (N8) (-1 Hit points)
    *14-Flower Rangers (2:Woman, 3:Kobold, 4:Raptorian, 5:Owlbear, 6:Goliath)
    +13-Ciel (G12)
    -9-Teiss (V6)
    -5-Tabatha (N8)
    +4-Isrian (Z14)

Code:
    * = Already gone
    + = have action.
    - = Do not have action, or current action is unwise of not possible

Smiling cockily Xander runs circles around the kobold before delivering a solid slash with his longsword against it's scaly hide, the blade flashing with electricity before he moves further to the main threat. However he comes a bit too close as a vine shoots out and narrowly misses his head.

The priests, though looking fearfully at the Owlbear and Goliath, swallow their fear and start to wade into the melee, one approaching Teiss and, almost reluctantly, reaches out a hand filled with divine healing energies that begins to repair some of her wounds.
    CMW on Teiss - (2d8+4)[14]

The other heads towards Hemil, though slowly, holding his mace as though he means to hit anything the jumps at him.

Furiously, more vines lash out at Hemil, though only two hit him and one hits Tabatha. However they hit hard against him, taking away the last vestige of Strength he had left and his hold on Tabatha fails. (Hemil: 19 damage)

The one that strikes Tabatha hits hardest of all, causing a jolt to her body, and suddenly has a splitting headache, as her mind feels groggy and not as sharp as it used to be.

Seeing one threat to the motherplant dealt with, but another approaching, the woman with the strange, one sided blade steps towards Xander with her familiar two cut strategy, however neither attack is good enough to catch the agile commando.

Shaking slightly from the shock, the kobold makes a gargled scream before turning around and charging Xander as well, hitting him from behind with it's axe. (Xander: 4 damage)

The Raptoran strikes three more times for Isrian, however the first and the last glance of armor, the middle stab though, gives a deep flesh wound (Isrian: 9 damage)

The Goliath tries to reach Ciel once again, but this attempt is worse than the last. With a shout of rage the Goliath turns wildly looking for something it can reach, before charging towards Xander.

The Owlbear continues it's attack on the one who is causing all the pain and damage to it, mindless of the blood it's shedding. It's beak bites deeply into her scaled shoulder (Teiss: 11 damage)

((I'll get around to sorting out the rest of your actions later when the rest are posted. Also, aren't open field battles where you're all separated fun? and Boxboy, forgive me, please forgive me.))
    Last edited by Pink; 2008-01-30 at 02:11 PM.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ahh, sorry, that's me]

Surprised to be given a break, Teiss' features soften towards the healer and her voice holds a hint of appreciation, if still terse.

"...Stupid fools. You'd better get back before this mess gets uglier..."

So saying, she glances back at the owlbear as if an aside, something forgotten of no importance. That may send the brute a warning considering how damaged it is, and that the response given to it is Teiss holding her hand up, open palm.

Spoiler
    Show
    There's gotta be some more bonus for firing point plank ... Anywho...
    Scorching Ray ranged touch. (1d20+9=13)
    Damage (4d6=16)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tabatha Heartstep HP: 60?/60 | AC: 21 | Init:5

"Damn! I'm sorry, Hemil..." Tabatha opens her hand, gathering magical energy,"Heal," the magic streams from her hand into Hemil's wounds, closing them gently.
    Turning around, and stepping forward, she raises her blade into the air. Her sword already glowing white-hot, suddenly bursts into flames, her eyes fade to a red shade, and her wings becoming coated with fire in such a way that they seem to be formed entirely out of it. She narrows her eyes, and angles her blade to point at the plant, "Let's finish this."

Spoiler
    Show
    [Channeling Invisibility Purge into a Cure Serious Wounds]
    Damage Cured - (3d8+6)[18]
    [Activating Fire Devotion]
    Last edited by Crystall_Myr; 2008-02-03 at 06:47 PM.
    Eye of War Meta-Knight avatar by myself.
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Round 5
    -26-Xander(O11)
    +19-Priests
    +18-Flower Plant (1)
    -16-Hemil (N8)
    +14-Flower Rangers (2:Woman, 3:Kobold, 5:Owlbear, 6:Goliath)
    -13-Ciel (G12)
    -9-Teiss (W6)
    -5-Tabatha (N7)
    -4-Isrian (Z14)

Code:
    * = Already gone, may post action for next round.
    + = Action Posted and approved
    - = Action not posted, or current action is unwise or not possible

Ciel fires three more flaming arrows into the plant from his aloft sniping position, all three striking inside it and burning flowers even as vines move to quickly beat out the flames.

Teiss shoots some fire of her own at the owlbear, stepping back first before a ray of fire shoots from the palm of her hand onto the face of the beast, burning off fur, feather, skin, even most of the plant sprouting from the head. With gasping breaths, dripping blood, the thing seems to slowly want to back away from this pain causing dragon breed.

Regaining control of her senses, Tabatha quickly moves to heal her rescueer before igniting herself in flame and looking at the creature that had been munching on her brain.

Meanwhile, Isrian continues his combat with the winged man, in two quick swings cutting the bird-man's jugular before impaling the creature upon the black blade. With a gurgled gasp, the raptoran breathes it's last as the blood drains from it, falling dead off the blade onto the ground.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Irisian Hurion

AC:29 (27 from charge)
    HP:102/120

Irisian smiles as his foe drops to the ground, although he is a bit disappointed that the raptoran could not offer him a challenge. He turns around, looking for what seems to be the most challenging foe. He sees the large owlbear, and although it seems to be bleeding, it is also the only enemy that seems to be within his reach. He charges at the beast, hoping perhaps he could finish it off quickly before moving on to the next zombie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging to U8 and attacking the owlbear.
    Attack:(1d20+22)[29]
    Damage:(1d8+10)[15]
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tabatha Heartstep HP: 45/60 | AC: 21 | Init:5

"Perhaps, I didn't speak loud enough the first time..." Giving her sword a spin, Tabatha glares at the plant monster, "I told you to burn, damnit!" flicking the point of the sword at the creature, fire begins to fan from the blade and grasp at the mass of vines, burning brightly

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Burning Hands.
    Concentration DC 16 - (1d20+13)[29]
    Fire Damage - (5d4)[9]
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Ciel

Things were looking good, at least with the arrival of reinforcements and Tabatha breaking free the plant seemed to have lost its advantage. It wasn't over yet though, Ciel continues the volley. He also slows his wings down for a bit, descending slightly as he calls out to the goliath. "Come on, is this a bit better? You might have a shot now" Xander was in a predicament and if he could get the attention of even one of his assailants his odds would better.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid shot once again, same arrows, but also descend 5 feet to look like a more plausible target for the goliath.

Attack 1: (1d20+12)[26]
    Damage : (1d6+7)[13] Fire + DC 15 Reflex or Catch on Fire

Attack 2: (1d20+12)[16]
    Damage : (1d6+7)[10] Fire + DC 15 Reflex or Catch on Fire

Attack 3: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage : (1d6+7)[13] Fire + DC 15 Reflex or Catch on Fire
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Xander AC: 24 (skirmish) HP: 51/62

Xander moves again, running around the woman this time. Diving and rolling upright to try and avoid the kobold, he then swings his blade at the woman, and darts away from her.

Spoiler
    Show
    If any of my decisions really wouldn't work for skirmish, just forget the skirmish bonus.

Moving around the woman to N 9, tumbling from the AoO I think the Kobold will get. Then moving away to P 8 (spring attack)

tumble: (1d20+6)[21]
    attack: (1d20+12)[31]
    damage: (1d8+4)[7]
    Shock damage: (1d6)[3]
    skirmish damage: (2d6)[8]
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-02-06 at 03:44 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Teiss HP 74 / AC 23

[Forgot to manage my HP, from that OwlBear attack that hit (which I missed having to do a grapple check for, sorry) put me to 60 then the cure spell brought it back up to present]

As Irisian charges the chimeric plant thrall, Teiss rolls her eyes, but but moves out of the way and lets him finish the job. She keeps on moving after noting that her line of fire is a bit risky, wouldn't want people (at least some of THESE people) to get hit, so she clears some space before burning off her remaining most powerful spell to get off one more decent shot at the plant, though the strain of doing this so many times in a row is becoming evident.

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Hemil stands a little straighter as Tabatha heals him. He nods over to the woman and grips his halberd. Hemil turns his gaze toward the woman who has been attacking him and confidantly steps to her, his body wound tight and ready to explode if she make any sudden movement. (Adopting the Thicket of Blades stance.) Planting his feet into the ground, he throws his hips and swings his halberd in a vicious swing at the woman's midsection. Hemil mouths a quick prayer to St. Cuthbert as he starts his swing, hoping that the God guides his strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack = 21 Also using Revitilizing Strike, and AC is boosted because halberd is drawn.
    Damage = 18
    Revitilizing Strike = 17
    Spoiler
    Show
    Failyn Sunswift, Human Monk
    Init +7 HP 40/40 Bloodied 20 Healing Surge 10 (0 used /7)
    AC 23 Fort 18 Reflex 22 Will 17 Speed 6
    Str 16 (+3) Con 10 (0) Dex 20 (+5) Int 8 (-1) Wis 13 (+1) Cha 10 (0)

Spoiler
    Show
    If all the world is a stage....I want better lighting.

Nobody suspects the penguin
    Both avatars by Ceika

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

[I don't know how to do the fancy map thing like pink. Maybe after a quick PM tutorial though....]

Round 5
    Xander skirts quickly around the woman as the Kobald flails wildly at him with his axe, finding nothing but air, and the Goliath‘s axe sinks into the ground where Xander‘s foot was just a moment ago. Xander’s swing soundly hits home, leaving a large gash in the woman’s leg, though the woman shows no indication of the blow on her face.

The cleric standing next to Teiss draws his mace and, trying to put on a brave face, takes a few steps toward the enormous Owlbear and swings with every ounce of strength he possesses, cracking the light mace into the Owlbear’s side. (6 damage) The other priest reaches Hemil and begins to murmur, his hand grasping Hemil’s shoulder. The plant’s vine smashes dangerously into the ground to the cleric’s side, but the cleric remains unscathed. (Hemil CMW: 18hp)

The plant lashes out with it’s vines, flailing at anything within it’s reach. In the confusion, the cleric and Tabatha are both struck by a vine. (Tabatha 10 damage. Cleric 9 damage)

Hemil strides toward the woman, moving around Xander, and thrusts with the point of his halberd, driving it into her stomach and revitalizing energy flows through Hemil’s veins. St. Cuthbert has blessed him this day.

The woman staggers for a moment and then falls to her knee. She stars blankly for a moment then slumps over onto her side. She struggles as if she were trying to get up, but it is clear that all of her strength has left her body. She lays helpless on the ground.

The Kobald todders over to Xander, trying to make up for his missed opportunity. The Kobald heaves the axe, hitting home on Xander’s thigh on his first swing. The second swing comes nowhere near Xander. (Xander 5 damage)

The Owlbear looks down upon the relatively small cleric that just hit him in the side, and rears back swiping the cleric with both of his claws. (14 damage)

The Goliath shambles over to stand next to the woman Hemil and Xander are fighting and heaves his axe in a wide arc aimed directly for Hemil’s head. But, Hemil is ready for the swing and manages to deflect the blow with a swipe of his Halberd.

Ciel fires three arrows in rapid succession at the plant and swoops lower, taunting the Goliath. Unfortunately, Ceil’s split attention has caused his aim to go wide. His first arrow strikes home, but the other two fly by the plant, thudding into the ground behind it. The plant’s vines quickly smother the fire that threatened to erupt from Ciel’s arrow.

Teiss steps away from the Owlbear and unleashes yet another breath weapon, this one aimed directly at the plant. Flames burn away at the plant, leaving ash and blackened leaves everywhere.

Fire leaps from Tabatha’s hands adding to the flames from Teiss’s breath. Sounds of crackling can be heard coming from the plant as the plant desperately tries to beat out the flames.

Coming to the aid of the now badly wounded Priest, Irisian charges the Owlbear, driving his sword deep into the side of the beast. It howls out in pain as Irisian pulls it out in one powerful move, opening up the stomach of the beast. It wobbles for a moment, then collapses to the ground.

Round 6
    -26-Xander(P9)
    +19-Priests (O8, V7)
    +18-Flower Plant (1)
    -16-Hemil (N9)
    +14-Flower Rangers (3:Kobold (P10), 6:Goliath(M10))
    -13-Ciel (G12)
    -9-Teiss (?)
    -5-Tabatha (N7)
    -4-Isrian (U8)

Code:
    * = Already gone, may post action for next round.
    + = Action Posted and approved
    - = Action not posted, or current action is unwise or not possible
    Last edited by boxboy582; 2008-02-13 at 03:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Failyn Sunswift, Human Monk
    Init +7 HP 40/40 Bloodied 20 Healing Surge 10 (0 used /7)
    AC 23 Fort 18 Reflex 22 Will 17 Speed 6
    Str 16 (+3) Con 10 (0) Dex 20 (+5) Int 8 (-1) Wis 13 (+1) Cha 10 (0)

Spoiler
    Show
    If all the world is a stage....I want better lighting.

Nobody suspects the penguin
    Both avatars by Ceika

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Irisian Hurion

AC: 29 (27 from charge)
    HP: 102/120

Irisian smiles as another foe falls beneath his blade. He notices that his companions' fire seems to be wreaking havoc on the plant, so he decides to let them finish it off themselves (not that he particularly cared to stand in between the plant and the flames). Instead, he turns around and charges at the large, spotted man that Ciel is trying to distract. Perhaps Ciel's taunts will preoccupy it enough to allow Irisian to finish him quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging at the Goliath and attacking him.
    Attack:(1d20+22)[25]
    Damage:(1d8+10)[12]
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tabatha Heartstep HP: 35/60 | AC: 21 | Init:5 | Fire Devotion Active

Damnit, we can't last much longer like this... Gripping her sword, Tabatha leaps at the plant monster cleaving downwards with her flaming blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge Attack - (1d20+11)[12]
    Slashing Damage - (2d6+7)[13]
    Fire Damage - (1d6+1)[2]
    If it happens to be lawful for whatever reason...
    Chaos Damage - (1d6)[6]
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Xander hp: 46 AC: 24

The commando makes another rushing attack, darting backwards and forwards to smash into the woman again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spring attack again. Heres the rolls. Discount any that are un-necessary

Tumble 1: (1d20+6)[12]
    Tumble 2: (1d20+6)[25]

attack: (1d20+12)[18]
    damage: (1d8+4)[5]
    Shock damage: (1d6)[4]
    Skirmish damage (2d6)[7]

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Ciel AC 21, H12, 15ft up

Ciel continues the volley. He can’t help but be amazed at the plants resilience. Granted, not all of his shots had hit, but those that did would have been enough to burn the forest around it. With a quick swipe of his wings, he moves a bit closer to the rest of the chaos before firing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Five foot step to the left, (leaving me at H12, 15ft up), rapidshot again.

Attack 1: (1d20+12)[13]
    Damage : (1d6+7)[9] Fire + DC 15 Reflex or Catch on Fire

Attack 2: (1d20+12)[13]
    Damage : (1d6+7)[12] Fire + DC 15 Reflex or Catch on Fire

Attack 3: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage : (1d6+7)[9] Fire + DC 15 Reflex or Catch on Fire

And that’s a dozen arrows, dang.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

[Sorry. A lot of personal problems and mishaps came up in the real world. back to monster slaying]

Teiss

Trying yet again to finish the damned plant monster, the Copperhorn girl inhales a deep breath; her form looks a bit paler after consecutively firing off blast after blast but she's still mad. Pretending a slew of Cuthbert goons dancing about the plant waving around writs of justice and spouting damnation, she lets out a smaller, yet still determined blast at the plant.

She's got alot of these, doesn't she? DC 19 reflex. (4d6=12)