New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Homecomings

1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Homecomings

"naw, the ring just make my claws tingle. no disguise..." Kabrakhanreplies to the swordsage.
    *My armour on the other hand* he thinks to himself, grinning widely.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

I think we have given our collective wisdom. It's up to Nas or Salus to make the decision who goes in and who guards the cart.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

Salos thinks for a minute. "All right. I propose that Tom, Aldamir, Bram, and I go into the city and you others stay around here and guard the cart. Is that agreeable?"
    You are a wonderful person! I wish I could be like you.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tom

"Sounds good to me, when will we leave?" Tom says, and starts going through his gear and weapons to make sure everything is in order.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aldamir

"Agreed," Aldamir said, nodding. Turning to Bram, he asked, "Flying everyone in, or over the wall for Tom and I?"

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Aye!" says Dvurr.
    I am of those who subjectively prefer the style of Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5 as opposed to 4.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

Fashai
    "Sure, fine with me."
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

KABRAKHAN

"whatever"
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nothing more of import happens for the rest of the day. That night, an hour or two after sunset, Salos gathers Tom, Aldamir, and Bram. "Right, so, we're heading over the wall now. Bram, you should probably take Tom across first, and he can incapacitate anyone who shows up before you take the rest of us in. Sound good?"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tom

The small Halfling checks his weapons one last time and climbs on Jacob next to Bram. Once on the other side of the wall, he scouts the area and locates the best spot he can find to observe the area while remaining hidden. His goal is to notice any guards patrolling the area before they notice the party.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

The dark night and high flying make Jacob and his passengers almost invisible from the ground, and none of the guards patrolling the walls seem to notice. Bram manages to set down in a fairly wide, deserted street, timing his landing carefully to avoid guards. The same smooth procedure gets Aldamir and Salos across the wall and to the same place.

Spoiler
    Show
    What does Bram do to keep everyone from noticing the giant bat, drawing attention to them, during his stay in the city?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

I think the idea was for Bram and Jacob to be airborne while we are in the city. So noticing them will not be all that easy.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I too thought that Bram and Jacob would remain airbourne, in addition, Bram is casting 'Camoflage' and 'Forestfold' on himself and sharing them to Jacob. Giving them each a +20 to hide, and a +10 to move silently. That sneaky enough?

Modifiers:

Brams:

Hide +29
    Move Silently +19

Jacobs:

Hide +26
    Move Silently +23

(Since moving while invisible is +20 to hide checks...wouldn't they be technically invisible then?)

Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

'Camoflage' and 'Forestfold' both provide circumstance bonuses to hide check (incidentally they provide them with exactly the same type of change, i.e. changing your coloration to match that of your background.) therefore the bonuses, I believe, do not stack.

As for invisibility, no, you need cover or concealment to hide (no matter how high your modifier is) while you can hide while invisible regardless of your modifier. Invisibility also has other effects on you that you can't get from hiding.

Now if it is a dark night, and you fly Jacob high enough to give you some concealment and hide out there. But if you are within vision range of someone out there in the open they can see you regardless of your hide modifier since flying up in the sky gives you no cover/concealment. Which is the main reason why we waited till night before we went on this operation.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by CGCL_Andy View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

'Camoflage' and 'Forestfold' both provide circumstance bonuses to hide check (incidentally they provide them with exactly the same type of change, i.e. changing your coloration to match that of your background.) therefore the bonuses, I believe, do not stack.

As for invisibility, no, you need cover or concealment to hide (no matter how high your modifier is) while you can hide while invisible regardless of your modifier. Invisibility also has other effects on you that you can't get from hiding.

Now if it is a dark night, and you fly Jacob high enough to give you some concealment and hide out there. But if you are within vision range of someone out there in the open they can see you regardless of your hide modifier since flying up in the sky gives you no cover/concealment. Which is the main reason why we waited till night before we went on this operation.
    Yeah, the two spells won't stack. You're free to prepare another spell in that slot, though, Seff.

And while you're not invisible, you can fly in the clouds or something and just come down occasionally. The chances of being spotted are practically negligible.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Incorrect. Camo is Circumstance, Forest is Competance. Both start with C, but they stack. One is being chameleon-like, the other is meshing my sounds and movements.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

My bad! I should've checked the physical book before raising the issue, instead of trusting the digital format. You are correct in the book, Forestfold's bonus is listed as competence and stacks with Camouflage.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

(Here's hopin' an OOC boost will get this game going again. CLEAR!)

Bram drives Jacob about a two hundred feet into the air, well out of range of torchlight, then circling over a clear patch, he watches the movements of the lights until he thinks he sees a window, then has Jacob drop like a stone, and catch himself to glide in for a HALO landing, relying on his crazy move silently to pull it off.