New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurer's Guild Team Dingo IC

Marko

"Sir knight, when you've finished handing out the Guild's pay, I'd appreciate a word with you in private," Marko said from the stern deck, pitched loud enough for the crew to hear. "In the mean time, Mr. Woetjans, arm the crew. They've more than earned it. We have an errand offshore to accomplish for the Guild, then we sail for Khorinis," he said, handing the sack of daggers to the First Mate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Doc, hope you don't mind I chose a name for "the Nose".

A few minutes later, out of hearing of the crew, Marko said: "Ulysses, just so you understand, it would probably have been better for me to pay the crew, but it's nothing unrecoverable. If I'm going to be the Master of this vessel, they need to see me as the sole authority."
    Last edited by Daryk; 2008-05-23 at 01:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #332

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for railroading - reference my post in HQ OOC.

After Marko and Ulysses finish their discussion of how best to manage authority on the boat - especially with former (?) enemies as their crew, the boat slips out of the dock, under the bridge, and out to sea with Marko at the helm. They pass by multiple ships and boats in the dock area, but as they get a couple miles off shore those are all left behind except for a little fishing boat which appears to have just pulled up its gear and turned to sail southeast.

They approach the fishing boat, the power of wind and strong backs combining - the Sampo was built for speed - the occasional drizzle of rain pattering on the deck. Althea and Omoris are on the foredeck, and they spy a pair of two-masted ships on the horizon, also to the southeast. As they grow closer, sunbeams pierce the early morning clouds and illuminate the sails of the two ships... not the usual dingy white canvas, but gold-colored, with a satin sheen.

3. - Top - End - #333

Marko

"Mr. Woetjans! Take the helm while I get a better look," Marko said. Tucking a pair of signal flags into his belt, he deftly climbed to the crow's nest to confirm the sighting. Convinced the ships were their quarry, he signalled a request to come along side, both for the Sampo and the small fishing vessel in company. That done, he patiently waited for the response.

4. - Top - End - #334

Marko gets an affirmative response in the traditional signal flag technique of gnomish sailors from one of the golden-sailed ships. At the same time, the Sampo pulls abreast of the almost comically crowded fishing boat, which indeed bears the members of Team Cougar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Teams Dingo and Cougar are now merged. Dingo will be posting in the Cougar thread now: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...35#post4359635