Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Choose Wisely! (IC)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Jack Queen
    Jack, at the mention of leaving, quickly picked up the blank card the hawk had left behind and shoved it into an empty pocket.
    Actually, there is no blank card. The card fully and totally disappeared.

Stepping outside the inn, the party finally sees what all the hubbub has been about this morning. A large merchant caravan arrived in town late the night before, and now the wagons stretch from one end of the town to the other. A few men in expensive clothing appear to be trading with the townsfolk, and guards are taking it in turns to slip into the inn for a bite to eat. Jack's falcon seems to perk up a bit and takes off. He circles overhead, but is clearly reluctant to travel far from his master.

One man in particular approaches you, and you quickly recognize him as the man who was talking about you earlier. In the lighter, less crowded environment outside, you see that he is wearing a white robe and turban distinctive of a particular desert culture, and his skin is deeply tanned. He gestures with his hands as he speaks with a fairly thick accent, which indicates he is more comfortable with the desert speech than with Common, "Hello, friends, friends, I being Jasar, owner of caravan that you see. I buy, sell, trade, you understand. Anywho, we, ah, being attacked by goblins the, how you say, yesterday. I am losing guards, good men. People say to me here 'We have heroes, killed the goblins' so I says 'I must have heroes!' So, a deal, I think, for you. You be guards for me, here to Oasis Nejev, being my home. A week's travel. I give food, water, a silver a day, and if is fighting, I pay you more when I is arriving home." Jasar pauses a moment to let you consider his offer.

Just then, a pretty girl, looking to be in her late teens and with a similar style of dress to Jasar walks up and hugs him from behind. Her skin is dark, her hair long and straight, and her features striking. Jasar smiles and takes her hand, pulling her around him before introducing her to the party. "Ah, this is my Yolanda, my daughter. She being beautiful like her mother, no? She is wanting to see world, so I says 'Come with me and caravan for a time,' but I am thinking too many men see she is beautiful. I is to be happier when she is safe at home. So, what you say? There is a deal?" Yolanda winks charmingly at you, but it's very hard to tell if she's aiming at anyone in particular.

Finding no prey nearby, the falcon returns and lands on Jack again.

Spoiler
    Show

Jack Queen, if you hold out your arm, the falcon will land on the glove again, otherwise it will try to land elsewhere on you.
    Last edited by blue_fenix; 2008-02-05 at 07:43 PM.
    "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
    -Dinobot, quoting Hamlet.

Current Characters:

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Aaslyr

Upon seeing Yolanda, Aaslyr feels a painfully familiar sensation: a thudding in his chest, a giant frog in his throat, and a sudden desire to be anywhere but where his two feet and sensibilities have abandoned him. Staring at Yolanda, he begins to stammer,

"A d-d-deal? With a d? With us? Through the desert? The one with all the sand? Sand, which really was giant rocks at one point, mountains really, that got ground down after ages and ages of pretty girls walking over them... well the pretty girls didn't wear them down, feet like yours are much too cute and petite and smooth.... Eh, umm, it was time really, with water, and ice, and yes there was ice once in the desert, whole oceans of it, but not anymore today, not even enough to cool your drinks or to refresh you while you're taking a bath in an oasis... or dripping... droplets of- umm, ah..."

Aaslyr stops abruptly, a wave of red breaking out on his face, starting at his ears and spreading quickly to his cheeks. A sudden image of beads of water sliding slowly over unseen dimples has popped into Aaslyr's head, overwhelming him. Trying to recover, and realizing he hasn't breathed in an awfully long time, Aaslyr draws in a deep breath, but accidently inhales a mouthful of dust. Hacking and coughing, the elf flees behind Grum.

"Help!" Aaslyr whispers urgently into his big friend's ear.
    "It's a trick. Get an axe."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Grum

The large orc blinks rapidly as he enters the bright sunlight outside. He has never been able get past his races sensitivity. Once he is able to see Grum stares wide eyed at the bazaar around him. Aaslyr's studdering brings the mostly gentle giants attention back to his friends.

"Is Aaslyr ok? Why does Aaslyr need Grum's help? Oh, it's another pretty lady. Hello, lady." Grum waves enthusiastically and raises his voice way more than the distance called for. "Lady, Grum's friend Aaslyr thinks your are pretty. Aaslyr doesn't know how to tell Lady so I tell Lady. That is Jack, Jack, and Josiah. They Grum's friends too. Would you like to be Grum's friend?"

All of this comes out in Grum's usual rapid fire speech.
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack Queen

As soon as the hawk left his hand, Jack relaxed visibly. No longer was his face twisted to the side to avoid any undue pecking that may or may not occur. He let his arm droop back to his side as he ambled along behind everyone else.

The exchange in dialogue from his friends prompted a grin from the halfling. He thought it was funny, partly because he hadn't seen Yolanda, positioned as he was behind everyone else, and also because it was just amusing seeing their reactions.

"Hi," Jack stepped out from behind Grum and caught sight of Yolanda, "Oh. So that's what the...Right. Hello to you too." He grinned sheepishly, "I'm Jack Queen. This is the King," Jack raised his cap and pointed at the sleeping weasel underneath, "The stuttering elf is Aa-Ah!"

Jack jumped as the hawk landed on his pointing arm, triggering Jack to revert back to the quivering mess he was before, "It just won't leave me alooone!"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Josiah

Finally coming out of the inn, dragging behind most of his friends, Josiah catches sight of Yolanda. Walking up to the girl he takes her hand and plants a kiss on it. Well Good Morning Sweetheart, What do we owe this pleasure today?

Seeing what's unfolding, Josiah takes a smirk as he sees Aaslyr stumbling over his words and hiding behind Grum, and also Jack's reaction towards the hawk once again...

Ah, a Caravan has come to town, I wonder what they have to offer, and if there are any games of "chance" being played. Anyone up for taking a look with me, or should we head out towards the Oasis immediately?
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Grum

Seeing Jack's reaction to the bird, Grum pulls out his mirror. "Look, Jack. Bird is Not Bird. Look in Grum's Mirror. Not Bird not in mirror. Jack not need be afraid."
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Miller

Shaking his head and grinning at the antics of his companions, Jack walks over to Jasar and says, in fluent, accent-less, 'desert speak':

Spoiler
    Show
    Hello friend Jasar. I am Jack Miller, a scholar of forgotten lore. These are my companions, stalwart adventurers all, and we are honored by your offer. I'm certain that we will accept--though, of course, as we have no leader I must discuss with the rest of them first. Allow me to complete our oft-interrupted interruptions, err...introductions: The merry halfling there is Jack Queen, and his familiar King. The large fellow you see with the axe is Grum, the true might of our company. The elf hiding behind Grum is Aaslyr, our eloquent sorceror and the gambler here is Josiah, divine servant of Tymora. As he speaks, Jack points out each person as they're named.

Those of you who don't speak 'desert speak' all see Miller speaking in gibberish to Jasar, then gesturing at each one of you in turn. He then motions the party into a huddle and whispers, I say we go for it. We needed a guide anyway...to be paid for our trouble is more than I could have hoped! Just mind your manners around his daughter. She's very pretty, but we don't need any trouble with Jasar. He's our employer, and our best road to the Oasis.
    Last edited by Lepre_Khan; 2008-02-10 at 09:05 PM.
    It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Aaslyr

Regaining his breath, and steadfastly not looking at Yolanda, Aaslyr peeks around Grum to say to Jasar, "In other words, we would love to help out."

He then pulls out his book and buries his nose in it.
    "It's a trick. Get an axe."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Miller

Speaking mostly to himself Miller mutters, "Yes, well...it would appear that not all adventures are as glorious as those of Taliesen and his noble companions."

Back in Desert Speak Jack speaks to Jasar,
    Spoiler
    Show
    My apologies for my companions enthusiasm. Still, that energy is certainly a valuable trait in a guard, yes?
    Last edited by Lepre_Khan; 2008-02-13 at 05:48 PM.
    It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.