New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Finding your Path (IC)

Terry seems saddened by the barkeep's attitude, and says "Please, my good sir, don't be angry with them." Turning to the somehow familiar goblin, he adds "We don't need to kill each other, especially since I'm getting the feeling that we all know each other. Have either of you two recently had soem kind of vision?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eredar turned to the rising conflict beside him, his eyes lingering on the star elf. Positioning himself beside the goblin, he rested his hand on Gretch's shoulder.

Your anger is well justified, my friend, but not worth getting into a fight over. Forget the oaf, and let's focus on getting to the bottom of this.

(( OOC: *prays his charisma score is worth something* lol XD ))
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

And the scowl returns with a vengeance I wasn't INTENDING to get in a fight, I'm just DEFENDING my right to be a Goblin he says putting an emphasis on the word "Defending"
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-01-20 at 11:14 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yaroc takes a deep breath and visibly tries to relax.

He answers the guard.

I have been having a vision, and all of you were in it. You said you might have some answers Gnome. I am listening.
    Got Gouda?

-Ninja of the Crescent Cheese

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"A gnome with answers? Sorry to butt in, but I'm interested as well." Terry scans the tavern for a gnome and walks towards him.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you," the gnome in question hops onto a chair to get a better look at the assorted rabble. "Now, I'm not really an expert, but there are only so many things something like that could mean. I've neither met nor seen any of you before so that probably rules out some clever **** of a wizard trying to get you lot all in one place for capture, killing, whatever. I'm fine with that and I hope you are too. But!" he thrusts a finger in the air for emphasis, "let's get that possibility out of the way anyway before we start presuming on things like 'fate' or 'destiny.' So I need to know your names, where you're all from and what you do, if you've been looking into anything strange lately, see if there's any connection. No sense in being a proverbial room of undercover guards trying to arrest each other."

"Oh." An afterthought. "And did anybody see any kind of glass or crystal tower in their dream-vision-indigestion-induced-hallucination?"
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2008-01-20 at 11:51 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

7. - Top - End - #37

His eyebrow twitched as he looked down at Gretch. Although his comment seemed to tick off the goblin a bit, it appeared he had calmed down. Shadowtongue turned back to the conversation with the gnome.

The name's Shadowtongue, and suffice to say I haven't been doing anything besides the norm lately.

Eredar's lips turned into a small frown, as if daring the gnome to try and inquire further. The daily routine of this rogue was not going to become an amusement for those gathered. But for a change, he actually had told the truth. He'd like to say he was seeking some great enchanted artifact, but that simply wasn't the case. He was just an elf trying to live as comfortably as he could on the Sword Coast.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch's face goes to a more neutral tone I'm Gretch, I come from a tribe that is... was, based in the Spine, they now live in some forests, I'm what you'd call a ranger, and no I haven't been up to anything "strange" lately, unless you count fighting human bandits "strange" and then he turns quizzically toward shadowtongue And just what IS the norm for you? we can't judge if anythings out of the ordinary if we don't know what ordinary is and he grins at this last.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Mara continues to try to calm her father down. Father... please. Let it go. He hasn't done anything. He's here as a guest and a customer. He has NOTHING to do with..., but she stops short from the look of anger and pain on her father's face. The barkeep takes one look back at Gretch and the storms off to a back room, muttering curses and other unintelligible words as he goes. Mara looks as if she's on the verge of tears, but she manages to get out, I'm sorry. My father doesn't mean anything by it. It's just that my mother... she was killed in an attack and... She wipes away tears off her face, obviously embarrassed. Excuse me. She walks quickly to the bar and takes out a cloth to dry her face.

10. - Top - End - #40

He smirked at Gretch and tilted his head slightly. The little creature truly had no inkling of what life was like in a real city. All the way up in the Spine there wasn't much more than a few towns. Leaning over, he lowered his voice to a whisper.

Ordinary is trying to survive in a city of cut-throats owned by the Arcane Brotherhood of the Host Tower. If you're lucky you live your life in anonymity, just getting by and avoid the ex-swashbuckling ruffians that act like they run this place. And just saying so could get you killed.

Shadowtongue straightened, and turned to the gnome again. He opened his mouth but first glanced around at the others.

I'm not one to consort with wizards, and I honestly can't think of a thing that would make anyone target me for some grand practical joke--and trust me... I'm very creative.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch snarls something unintelligible in Goblin and speaks to shadowtongue You think your talk of cutthroats and brigands is going to intimidate me? Try living in the Spine where you have to contend with orcs and hobgoblins and even others of your own kind just to survive, that is when your not trying to avoid being eaten by trolls or worse, or avoid capture by Dark Elves and other such nasties from deeper down, or fending off Brigands and highwaymen. and with this he gets depressed and distant again, invoking a prayer to Helm.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

The gnome, who has started to take notes, speaks up again, "Right. So you're both good at stabbing things and staying alive, whatever other skills you may have," he adds a bit more writing to his parchment, "good to know."

Mull raises a bandaged hand and jerks a thumb over his shoulder in Mara's direction. "Arwel, right? Buy the lady a drink."
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2008-01-21 at 01:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Eredar's smirk widened as he listened to the goblin's retort. It was almost funny to see such a little person get so angry, and he admitted in a very grudgingly sort of way that he was already fond of Gretch. As he listened to the gnome's response, a distant look entered his eyes, almost thoughtful.

Can it go on the record that I prefer to turn things into pincushions--he gestured to his bow--as opposed to stabbing them.

14. - Top - End - #44

NinjaGuy

Everything of late seems strange to me, little one. These lands and this city are far from my homelands near the Greypeak Mountains. My name is Yaroc. What is your name since you have such interest in ours.
    Got Gouda?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Changing between a painful look at Mara and a worried look at Eredar and Gretch Amykath takes a few steps back.
    "Amykath is my name...", she turns her attention away from the squabbling pair, "In this world most who knew me called me Amy. It's a name the humans use, I figure. I... well I have a natural talent for the arcane.", she stops to think for a few seconds "I guess the strangest occurence to me was going to a world entirely new to me. But many of my kind do this willingly, as did I."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Arwel seems to consider something for a moment, then says
    "Once again, I am Arwel Matak Harr from Sespech. I came to Luskan in search of adventure and have been working in Luskan for the past year."
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-01-21 at 12:52 PM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Christoph

A tall man, a couple of inches over six feet, had been sitting on a bench near a large tree apparently having his leisure. He wore a simple cloth robe, with a bit of rope apparently tied around his waist for support. On his feet, simple sandals barely provided any protection from the long roads he had walked. Between his feet a well-worn sack, mostly empty from appearances, rested on the ground. Though his eyes were closed his hands grasped the sturdy, if slightly warped, staff of wood that appeared to be his only other possession.

A look of calm serenity seemed painted on his face as he sat resting his eyes. But that look quickly went from calm, to almost pained and afraid. This lasted for a few minutes until eventually his knuckles whitened around his staff and his eyes popped open wide...as if searching for something. He rubbed at his temples and contemplated what had just happened,

Oh my, that certainly was vivid. I have not had such real dreams since my time of fasting. Ahh, perhaps I have not been getting enough to eat lately. Such a state certainly could have cause hallucinations. I only have a little food left in my satchel, perhaps I can work for a meal at a local tavern.

Shaking his head to help clear the last vestiges of the vision from his mind, he made his way towards such an establishment, his sack slung over his shoulder and his staff tapping away with each step.

Planting a bright smile on his face, he pushed through the door of the tavern and stopped dead in his tracks. His mouth fell wide open and gaped as here before him stood figures he had just dreamt about, and they were apparently arguing about something. Completely at a loss, he stepped fully inside and tilted his head to the side trying to wrap his mind around what exactly was going on here.

A meak, "Uhh....Hello...?" escaped his lips as the others continued their discussions.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-01-21 at 01:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

"Name's Mulligan," the gnome continues writing, making note of the newcomer, "I'm a mason from Lantan, if that makes any difference. Pincushions... adventure... arcane... you! Name, origin, purpose, whether you saw us in a bone-strewn wasteland recently."

"How many were there, anyway? Anyone count?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

I believe there were eight. Though I wasn't taking a tally at the time, so I could be mistaken.
    Check out Avatar

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Amykath looks at the gnome puzzled. "Is it me or did you get rather short breathed over the past minutes?", she smirks at him and giggles sliently.
    "I remember eight people standing beside me."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch has a quizzical look on his face Wait so wouldn't there be nine including ourselves? or Am I wrong?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Christoph

The young man almost seems to recoil from the barrage of questions from the gnome as if he were being attacked. When his back collides with the wall behind him, he snaps out of it and stumbles forward towards the gnome, forming answers as his mind tries to get a handle on the situation,

"My name is Christoph, and I'm a simply monk. I....yes, I do believe I have seen you all standing with me before some great stairway in a vision I had recently. I had thought it a simple dream, but that apparently is not so. Do any of you know what this means?"

Reaching the table, he pulls a chair out and plops himself down onto it unceremoniously in case his legs decide this is too much to handle.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

"Let's say there were. So me, Yaroc the Heavy, Shadowtongue the Dark and Mysterious, Amy the Reason Why Nobody Can Ever Keep Their Elves Straight Anymore, Arwel the Native, Gretch the Easily Offended, Chris and you." he indicates Terry and puts down his pen, remembering to breathe properly on Amykath's insistence. "So we're missing one."
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2008-01-21 at 04:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

As your gathering grows, other patrons start to come into the Dragon's Hoard Tavern. Several humans and a dwarf walk into the tavern and sit down at another table. After them, a beautiful elven maiden walks in, if her movements could be considered so crude as walking. She has long flowing dirty blond hair and fair complexion. Her adventurer's clothing and leather armor is simple, seemingly perfect for her and yet at the same time it seems not befitting such beauty. She carries two swords, a longbow and what looks like a wooden flute of some kind. She gracefully walks to the bar and asks Mara for water and something sweet. A couple of the humans in the tavern whistle at her, but she takes no notice of them. When her order comes, she just sits and eats without looking up and around.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

"Actually," corrected Arwel I'm not native. Sespech is south of the Sword Coast and inland. But I suppose it applies as I seem to have been here the longest
    "Except perhaps Eredar who hasn't actually stated a time period or reason for being here, though he does seem to have a grasp of local politics."

Arwel pauses for a reply or explanation from Shadowtongue that he is fairly sure won't be forth coming, then continues on.
    "In any case, I know several local sources of information. I could probably find out if anyone matching our ninth's description has been seen around town.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-01-21 at 04:11 PM.
    Check out Avatar

26. - Top - End - #56

NinjaGuy

Yaroc takes another look around the tavern while the others are speaking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check (d20+2)[7].

If i see Roland hiding behind his cowl I'll point him out to the others.

But what does it mean? Why us?
    Got Gouda?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Roland if you are trying to hide your face, make a hide check. Make a disguise check as well.))
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-21 at 06:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

((hide check it is, i will even negate my dex bonus cause it probably dosnt apply here))

(1d20+4)[11]
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

disguise check (sorry bout the double post)
    (1d20)[19]
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Yaroc, you see him, but you don't recognize him.))
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-21 at 06:46 PM.