New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Finding your Path (IC)

Roland pulls the cowl of his cloak even tighter over his face and sighs a sigh of relief, as the eyes of the large angry barbarian seem to meet with his, only to move on to the rest of the bar. if i am going to keep following these people I need to get a change of clothes, not just a new cloak. he muses to himself while looking down at his empty coin purse this is going to be difficult.
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

For a moment, Eredar is comepletely distracted as a lovely elf walks across the room. His infatuation with her is not so basic as the human dogs making cat-calls at her from the other table. His stare is more like that of one admiring fine artwork. A thoughtful look crosses his face as he looks closer, wondering how he'd ever missed such a gem before. As he looks around the tavern, he notices others who too are also fascinated by the woman's beauty.
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-01-21 at 07:55 PM.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

A group of four men at the back, away from your table, start to call over both the elven maiden that just walked in and Amykath to their table to join in on their fun. The men are obviously drunk, slurring their words. Come over sweet thing. Leave them and come have a drink with US, one calls to Amykath. Another gets up and walks clumsily over to the elven maiden. He orders her an ale. You new here? I could show you around if you are... The elf gives him a look of utter disgust.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch looks at the drunken man with a sneer of disgust, and, invoking a prayer to Helm, steps over to the drunken fool Or you could crawl back to whatever pit your crawled out of he says, the seer widening, revealing sharpened fangs, and his hand once again resting on the pommel of his bastard sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose I should do an intimidate roll (1d20-1)[14]
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

The man looks down at Gretch, a look of annoyance on his face. His drink elevates his arrogance. Why don't YOU go crawl into your hole, goblin? I won't let you harm this lady. I know she must look good to you. The man draws a short sword. As he talks. The elf looks to the goblin then back to the man, her face expressionless.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level Check - (1d20+1)[16]
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-21 at 08:53 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch's sneer turns slowly into a snarl and he speaks again, with more venom in his voice I said get lost, and what the hell are you looking at me like that for? The barkeep said no fighting, if you want to start a fight with me you'll have to answer to him and he sneers again, standing as tall and straight as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should I keep rolling for intimidate, or are we just going with the one roll? I'll roll again just in case (1d20-1)[8]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Sorry, I was editing my post, but what you wrote still makes sense. Are you taking into account the -4 on intimidate checks you get on him because you're a size smaller? We should make new ones. I'm going to roll then see what I get to determine his response. This could get ugly. ))

The man stands tall, though he does seem a little put back by the mentioning of the barkeep. I'm sure the barkeep won't mind if it's for the protection of a lady. He looks to the elf and rubs her arm, Don't woory mmy dear. I'll protect you. The doesn't recoil from his touch. She quickly looks at Gretch in disgust. If you know what's good for you, you'll leave, goblin. There is an edge to her voice. She looks back to the man. My protector is quite the fighter... She smiles and rubs his right shoulder. She winks at Gretch when the man is distracted.

((Gretch, sense motive to recognize what's happening.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Level Check - (1d20+1)[9]
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-21 at 09:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roland saunters over to the table with the drunken buffoon and says "Ma'am, excuse me while I remove this offal from your presence, I will soon be back to try to woo you in a more appropriate manner." he then quick draws his short sword, with it finally coming to rest on the drunk man's collarbone. "Why don't you go somewhere where you can think over your appalling behavior towards this wonderful lady...more specifically...somewhere ELSE!"

Intimidate Check! (1d20)[8]

((I am assuming that my disguise check lasts for an hour, as described in the PHB, it would have been rolled when I went and changed cloaks. what I am doing probably calls for spot checks from everyone else cause now they all see me))
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Agreed, even though these are a bit different circumstances, spot checks from everyone.))

Hey, buddy. No need to put the sword to my throat. I was just trying to be nice to the lady. If you and you goblin friend don't like it then buzz off.

Spoiler
    Show
    level check - (1d20+1)[12]
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-21 at 09:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch stares at the elf and the newcomer in turn, a little confused

Spoiler
    Show
    sense motive (1d20+1)[11] and spot (1d20+3)[10]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((You recognize that she's distracting him on purpose and that she doesn't really want him to be near her. You don't recognize Roland.))
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-21 at 09:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

"you're right, there is no need for bared steel here puts away sword this however DOESN'T mean that I'm not going to hand your ass to you"

((If/Then statements to follow))
    Spoiler
    Show

If- nobody recognizes me as someone from the vision
    Then- I initiate a grapple with the drunken fool

If- somebody recognizes me
    Then- we shall see!
    Last edited by Roland Deschain; 2008-01-21 at 09:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Christoph

Spot - (1d20+5)[22]

While looking around the room to see how badly this situation was about to erupt, a face caught the monk's attention amidst the crowd.

"Umm, not to interrupt this defense of a lady's honor...but I think that is the missing member of our vision."

He points towards the cowled man.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-01-21 at 09:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch takes his shield and smashes it into the face of the drunken buffoon abruptly and snarls Get lost you parasite

Spoiler
    Show
    for attack (1d20+5)[24] and for damage (1d2+3)[4]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

((Spot (1d20)[16]))
    "Has Bane possesed you! cries Arwel as the goblin uses his shield as a weapon. He tries his best to intercede in the combat.
    His voice has a slight snarl to it as he speaks to the goblin"This is not an establishment where you attack other partrons. Go to a bar nearer the docks if you cannot control your aggresive tendancies.
    Turning to the man "Sorry about that. I'm sure it was a misunderstading on his behalf staring down the goblin and I am sure he will apologize for his unprovoked attack.

((Diplomacy (1d20+8)[10]))
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-01-21 at 09:55 PM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Christoph does recognize Roland with a 22 spot.))

The man, caught off guard by the blow, falls over, hitting the bar as he falls. It looks like he's unconscious. The barkeep comes back into the room, upon seeing the man fall he loses control. WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT FIGHTING? The elf turns to the barkeep however and says, It is quite alright, sir. These fine gentlemen just saved me from a drunk man's advances. She turns to Gretch and Roland. Thank you both. I am in your debt.
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-21 at 09:56 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch nods to the elven maiden and the stranger and he snaps at Arwel stow it human, Ive no time fools, drunken or otherwise

18. - Top - End - #78
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yaroc smirks a little watching the brash display of the goblin. There is some respect to be had for one standing up to a larger foe, not to mention trying to save the woman from unwanted advances.

On the other hand Yaroc is no stranger to battle and in his clan the women fight as well. Yaroc can tell by the way the woman holds herself that she can hold her own. Not to mention the twin swords by her sides.

((Yaroc readies an action in case the drunk's friends decide to jump in))

Spot check (1d20+2)[9]
    Got Gouda?

-Ninja of the Crescent Cheese

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

In a harsh whisper Arwel responds "Fools resort to violence when subtly would suffice. We are not in your wilderness and situations must be handled differently than what you are likely used to. Though you may not find it good or fair, it is something you must recognize."
    Check out Avatar

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

"Out cold," Mulligan hops down and inspects the drunk in question, checking for bleeding and all that. "Nice hit, Gretch." Even if it wasn't his specialty, he could definitely respect someone who could cold-clock a human three feet taller and a hundred pounds heavier. Made his little heart proud, it did.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2008-01-21 at 10:26 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Roland doesn't know that Christoph has spotted his ruse, his charade, his confidence game)) Roland slides up next to the lady and hits her with his best pickup lines, as many as he can as fast as he can
    "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I together. Is your father a thief? Because that's totally my horse you parked outside. You must be tired, 'cause you've been running through my mind all day. Screaming. That shirt looks good on you, but it would look even better stuffed into the neck of a vodka bottle and flung burning through this bar's window.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

The other men in the group jump at the site of Gretch knocking out their companion. They eagerly draw weapons, two with daggers and one with a short sword. They looked prepared for a fight.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch sneers at Arwel Oh, and what subtelty would have sufficed here? he was a drunken oaf, all such people understand is violence, and as our good friend shadowtongue pointed out, a city is not much better than the forest. Really there was no reason NOT to hit him, it solves alot of problems and I don't have to try and reason with a drunken idiot. No in this situation its stupid and foolish to try and reason with an irrational fool on their own terms, when you can settle with your terms. after his quasi-rant he nods to mulligan.

Spoiler
    Show
    crud, ninja'd
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-01-21 at 10:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

as the Drunken mans companions jump up Gretch draws his blade and readies himself as he speaks You really think this is worth killing each other over huh?

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[21] initiative if i need it.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

((OOC, sorry about the delays again, my internet's been hazy since I moved into my new dorm))

Terry seems lost in thought for a while, a look of slight pain on his face. He completely misses the fight at the bar and comes to his senses a few moments afterwards. "I'm sorry, you asked who I am, right? My name's Terry, I'm here on a bit of business for my church. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary recently, and I've experienced nothing relating to the vision." Finally noticing what went on with the bar, he adds "Good job, um...was it Gretch?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

With my readied action Yaroc will stand up with his axe at the ready and yells at the armed drunkards.

SIT DOWN! OR BY TEMPUS YOU MAY NOT LEAVE HERE ALIVE THIS DAY!

((Hehe Intimidate check. (1d20+2)[18]

Innitiative if needed. (1d20+1)[15]))
    Got Gouda?

-Ninja of the Crescent Cheese

27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Terry lets out a sigh as the men draw their weapons. "Come now gentlemen, you saw what he did to your friend, are you sure you want to do this?" Not wanting the goblin to stand alone, he tugs his sword out of it's sheath and grabs his shield. "We should take this outside, no sense breaking the bar." Terry starts moving between Gretch and the men, attempting to lead them outside. He carefully watches them, making sure not to let them suprise him.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

"I never said it was better" sighed Arwel seeing the other men standing and Arwel drew his sap. Just different
    ((Initi (1d20+3)[19]
    Check out Avatar

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Mull sighs at the assorted drawing of weapons. "He's fine, just a good knock on the head. Take him home."

(Initiative: (1d20+2)[12], should brute barbarian intimidation fail. )
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2008-01-21 at 10:48 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((I hope it's alright if I just make one check against the highest intimidate.))

The three men reluctantly sit after the display by Yaroc, but they still throw a few choice curses at Gretch. The elf smiles at Roland. She runs her hand across his forehead and down his cheek. I foresee a great many women in your path. She looks into deep Roland's eyes. Other than that... Your path is different from mine. You are a good man... mister...? She smiles sweetly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level Check - (1d20+1)[7]
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-21 at 11:00 PM.