New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Finding your Path (IC)

Roland finally saunters outside and walks up to the lady So, what do we kill to get some answers around here? Who took your husband? And why are you trusting a freak with a name like Shadowtongue? That just seems like you are asking for trouble...by the way, my name is Roland!
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Arwel laughs heartily. "One could also ask the question of why trust a man whose name is obviously not what he says."
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lauriel's eyes flash with anger to Roland. You will kill no one. Her voice is filled with venom and anger. If I knew who did it, I would tell you. I suggest you not do anything stupid, human. We may be in way over our heads, and if you do anything to endanger this hunt... Her hand moves so fast you barely notice it, a dagger seemingly magically appearing in her hand and against Roland's throat. You will have to answer to ME. As she puts the emphasis on the last word she pushes the dagger against Roland's throat. Then she takes the dagger away, as fast as it came. She storms out the door of the tavern, and before she slams the door shut she says with the same intensity, I'll be at the docks.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll roll some dice I guess. [roll= Intimidate]1d20+7[/roll]
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-23 at 06:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Sorry about the double post, but the roll didn't work.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate - (1d20+7)[8]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[3]
    Yikes, this could be bad

Roland reels back from Lauriel, stunned at her outburst. Good lord that was insane even by my standards. I'll go check the countryside around the town out. Isolated areas are always good for keeping captives.
    Last edited by Roland Deschain; 2008-01-23 at 08:11 PM. Reason: add reaction to roll
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Well Roland, your just great at making friends, aren't you.
    Last edited by NotCC; 2008-01-23 at 08:30 PM.
    Got Gouda?

-Ninja of the Crescent Cheese

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, I guess now we know she can take care of herself," Mull hops down from his chair.

"Let's get to work, we can make fun of Frank's luck with women later. And by 'later,' I mean 'on the way.' Arwel, you were talking about some sources of information? You and Shadowtongue have been here longest, so anyone who isn't helping scout for outlying camps should probably follow your leads."
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2008-01-23 at 09:55 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Terry laughs and adds "I think she likes you, Roland."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch seems grim as he watches the elf maidens reaction, and his hand went to his sword almost as quickly as her blade went to Rolands throat This doesn't help anyone, you elves and your foolish pride, if you care about the fate of this mission you should not threaten your allies, or all this will have no purpose! He snarls out, outraged at the elf's outburst, how they ever got anything done with their pride and their honor he would never know.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

The other patrons are amazed by the display of anger by Lauriel. The barkeep is standing there with his mouth wide open. The bar soon goes back to business as usual.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Lauriel's actions were quite suprising to Arwel but what caught his attention before the knife was her use of the word hunt. He would have used the word search if looking for a loved one. Hunt implied more interest in the kidnappers. That, and the fact that she had spoken to Shadowtongue alone nearly shouted that she knew more about her husband's capture then she was letting on. He would have to trend carefully around her. ((Sense Motive on her recent actions (1d20+4)[12] ))
    "Those wishing to stay in town but not follow the Lady Lauriel may feel free to come with me to the markets. I will return here with any information I can find in about three to five hours." With any luck I'll also find a merchant heading to Amn as well he thinks as he looks around for those that will follow him and then exits the tavern.
    Check out Avatar

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((You know that she's hiding something. She hasn't told you everything. You don't know exactly what it could be, but you know there's something she hasn't told you. I'll wait to see what others do before going ahead with descriptions of the outside.))

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think my best bet would be in the market as well... there are a few reliable people I think I could persuade into giving me some information... if there's any to be found.

Shadowtongue swiftly followed Arwel out of the tavern.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch, still angry at the elf maiden, was nonetheless still committed to finding her husband, Helm had guided him to this path, and he would be damned if he would not take it because the foolish actions of a she-elf. I will go with Arwel as well, the merchant district sounds like it might contain some useful information. and perhaps I can glean some information as to what shadowtongues and Lauriel's little "conversation" had been about.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose I'll do a sense motive check too (1d20+1)[16]
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

15. - Top - End - #165

(( bah, what the heck? Sense Motive - (1d20+5)[16]

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Gretch, you also realize that she's hiding something. You also realize that she was anxious and almost a totally different person when she came back in from the talk with Shadowtongue, based on her actions. Also, she used the word hunt. You think that might be a little strange word to use in this situation.))
    ((Shadowtongue, you know that she is hiding something for the reason she already told you, but it may be something more. Otherwise, you get the same gist of the same situation as Gretch.))

On the Streets

Gretch, Shadowtongue, and Arwel go together onto the streets. Since it's the middle of the day, many people are running around from one place to another. The shops aren't on this street, but you notice that many people are going to the streets that go to the left off the street you're on. As you get closer, you recognize the tell-tale signs that the next street over begins the market area. People all over the street give Gretch strange looks. Some even mutter words to themselves before moving along.
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-23 at 11:49 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

NinjaGuy

I will go with Roland. My skills would be put to better use looking outside the city.
    Got Gouda?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roland heads out to the fringes of town with the other party members who choose to come. He then begins to search the surrounding countryside for signs of unusual activity.

Spoiler
    Show
    a multitude of rolls to aid in my searching
    Knowledge Geography:(1d20+2)[12]
    Search:(1d20)[1]
    Survival(tracking):(1d20+5)[10]
    Spot:(1d20+7)[15]
    Gather Information:[roll]1d20[/roll]

also Sense Motive on the Elf Maiden
    (1d20+1)[10]
    Last edited by Roland Deschain; 2008-01-23 at 11:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Outskirts of Luskan

Roland finds through asking around that many people have come through the gates over the last few days. The sea is to the west, with ships sailing in and out. The wall of the city is a solid stone wall, thick, twenty feet high and strong. You might be able to get over it, but the watch is there and it would take a of work to do. Trying to find the right tracks will be impossible with the amount of prints. The land outside the city is fairly flat and barren, and since it is fall in the North, snow will likely fall within a month or two. The guards standing at the gate and on top are alert to danger. They likely wouldn't let anyone in after dark at all.

((With your sense motive, you know that she is generally concerned with her husband's welfare and wants to get him back in any way she can. If you want a more descriptive answer from the gather information, you will need to ask someone a more specific question.))

20. - Top - End - #170

(( I'll just do some quotes for before hand.
    spot - (1d20+3)[5]
    search - (1d20+10)[12]
    listen - (1d20+3)[18]
    ))

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-01-24 at 01:39 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171

(( grr... messed up Knowledge Local - (1d20+5)[16] ))

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Shadowtongue knows that the market place in Luskan is a good place to find a lot of goods, services, and information, for the right price, whether or not it's legal. However, the magistrate has no qualms about carting off innocence to jail and then the Caravel. He can hear many different conversations and other noises. He can hear a soft melody of music coming from farther down the street.))

Market Street

The Market street is a busy street. There are shops lining both sides of the street. Weapon shops, armorers, miscellaneous magic items, adventurer's items shops are just some of the kinds of stores you can see. There are even many vendors that are selling there wares in the streets, shouting out to potential buyers.

23. - Top - End - #173

NinjaGuy

My rolls for looking outside.

Spot - (1d20+2)[8]
    Listen - (1d20+4)[22]
    Search - (1d20)[17]
    Survival - (1d20+6)[14]
    Got Gouda?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

((Yeah shopping! and moving on
    Spot (1d20)[1]
    Listen (1d20)[10]
    Search (1d20+6)[16]
    Gather Info (1d20+8)[24]
    taking (1d4+1)[3] hours))

Gretch, no offense meant but your nature might upset some people around here. I'm fairly handy with a disguise, and could probably pass you off as a halfling or gnome to the casual observer. Unless of course your pride dictates to you that such action is shameful."

((Should he agree I will take ten on the check giving a 16 total))
    Check out Avatar

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Outside the City

Yaroc, after following Roland outside, during his thorough search of the area outside the city finds a rather interesting spot of ground about 20 yards from the city towards the sea. The dirt is an odd green color and it smells horribly, like rotting flesh with bad eggs ((Make Fortitude save vs. nausea)). A green liquid is oozing from the ground. There are faint tracks in the area, a little smaller than a human's foot. It looks like there are at least sets of prints and one looks like it wasn't walking, but running. When Yaroc finds the spot, he hears something. Music, a soft melody coming from the surrounding area. It is a sad, slow melody.

Market Street

People on the street are giving Gretch very suspicious and ugly looks. During the three hours, Arwel finds a man who says he saw a couple of strange men walking the street the other night. They moved from building and looked like they were looking for something. Then they went down an alley and didn't come out.

26. - Top - End - #176

((gather information - (1d20+5)[7]
    taking (1d4+1)[4] hours))

Shadowtongue slowly made his way down the street towards the music playing in the distance.

((tumble - (1d20+5)[15] for fun << ))

He casually made his way through the crowds of people and vendors without incident, easily weaving passed the meandering bystanders. Without much interest, he listened to the nearby people and merchants, continually heading toward the music.
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-01-24 at 11:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

NinjaGuy

((Fort save (1d20+6)[10]))

Roland be carefull this green slime smells awfull. It could be dangerous. Also do you hear that? Someone must be playing that music near by. We should warn anyone around not to get near this green stuff.

I start moving towards the sound of the music.
    Got Gouda?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Market Street

Shadowtongue doesn't find out much of interest from his listening in on the conversations of the merchants and bystanders, but as he goes down the street, the music gets ever more defined. ((Make a listen check.))

Outside
    It feels as though the music is calling out to Yaroc. It is definitely coming from the direction of the sea, where exactly he doesn't know though.
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-25 at 12:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179

((Listen - (1d20+3)[10]))

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((You can't hear exactly what it is, but something about something about the music is strangely familiar. You can tell it's coming from a wind instrument though.))

Market Street

As Shadowtongue makes his way toward the source of the beautiful music, a gust of warm wind brushes by him. It isn't forceful, but gentle. Leaves of varying fall colors blow by him in the wind.