New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Finding your Path (IC)

Shadowtongue now rushes through the crowd, gently guiding people out of his way or simply squeezing past them. The music was infections and triggered something in the back of his mind. It was familiar, but strange... strangely familiar. Leaves blew down the street as a gently breeze suddenly blew past him. He had to follow the music now, it was almost crazy.

((listen - (1d20+3)[15]))
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch follows after shadowtongue, using his shield and harsh glares to push away those who stood in his path, what effect this had on people he didn't care and didn't notice other than the fact that they got out of the way, he didn't really know what had made him act so, but the music was getting stronger and so he could only guess, why he would react so he had no idea, but he followed anyway trying not to loose the elusive and mysterious elf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check I guess (1d20+3)[15]
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

The music grows louder and louder. ((Gretch can tell that it is from a flute.)) As you get closer, you can hear something else along with the music. As the leaves blow by Shadowtongue, the wind moving with him, he hears a voice. A soft voice in his ear whispering words he just barely can't make out. Then he hears the singing. Voices coming from strait ahead. The whispers form words, You're almost there. Just a little farther. The voice is familiar. Shadowtongue may have been able to remember easier if he wasn't so caught up in the music and singing. ((Roll a Will Save.)) The music and singing is hypnotic, the singing is in perfect elven. The song tells the tale of two elves who fell in love. Together they found their path, and for many years they lived, and when Death came to claim him, she hid him from Death's grasp.

((Depending on the Will save results the song may continue or not.))
    ((Gretch only hears the music, and doesn't need to make a Will Save. Yet.))

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I completely lost the line. I wasn't here the last two days and I have absolutely no idea anymore where everyone is, and most importantly where I am!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yaroc begins to walk towards the sea searching the source of the music.

(Spot (1d20+2)[22])
    (Listen (1d20+4)[18])
    Got Gouda?

-Ninja of the Crescent Cheese

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since last you left the elf lady went ballistic at Roland/Frank threatening him with a knife to the throat, after which she stormed out to the docks (no one has followed her).
    Shadowtongue, Gretch and Arwel went to the markets. Arwel and Shadowtongue separated to gather information and Gretch followed Shadowtongue. The elf and goblin are heading to some strange music.
    Roland/Frank, Yaroc went out of town and found green, foul smelling, oozing dirt, as well as heard music.
    All others in the party have yet to state destination or grouping and thus are still in the Dragon's Hoard

Arwel thanks the man then heads to the houses and alleyway indicated. He does a casual observation for anything suspicious, though he doesn't actually go into the alley. Dark, secluded places, where people disappeared, tended to be slightly dangerous in his experience. ((Spot (1d20)[17] Listen (1d20)[2]))
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    spot (1d20+7)[24]
    listen (1d20+7)[24]

Roland hones in on Yaroc's position and saysYou found something odd? He then notices the odd patch on the ground and hears the music, which Yaroc is beginning to follow. Hey wait up a second, before we go off with the music, lets take a look at this wierd smelly ground. He then takes a single caltrop and casts it into onto the patch of different colored ground. And steps back
    Last edited by Roland Deschain; 2008-01-25 at 01:20 PM. Reason: TRACKING ROLL IN OOC
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

8. - Top - End - #188

(( oh gosh -___- I have a feeling I'm going to lose the save........
    will - (1d20+1)[19].................................................. .........
    spot - (1d20+3)[4]-----l .................................................
    listen - (1d20+3)[14] ----l---- just in case I notice anything....
    search - (1d20+10)[30]--l .................................................) )

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks, Thistle. Then for the sake of ease and coherency i will stick with Arwel

Amykath who followed Arwel and stuck with him when they separated from Shadowtongue and Gretch also carefully examines the streets before she decides to enter.

"What do you think? Should we go there? I could take some smaller magic precautions for both of us, but that would expend most of my possibilities for today." she says to Arwel while keeping her eyes fixed on the street before them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+2)[6]
    Listen: (1d20+2)[13]

10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Terry left the tavern and stayed with Arwel and Amykath. He declined the magical protection, but kept his left hand on his sword hilt, ready if something happened.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Streets of Luskan

Neither Amy or Arwel can hear anything interesting in the alley, but there is what looks like a hole into the sewer. It looks like the opening is bolted closed though.

The music and singing stop. It leaves a empty hole in Shadowtongue as they ends. Looking ahead, he sees what looks like a humanoid made up of leaves of fall on the docks. He feels the being looking at him, then the wind gently caresses him again and the leaves blow away. Gretch arrives just after the leaves blow away. Shadowtongue finally remembers why the whispers sounded familiar. It was Lauriel's voice whispering in his ears. Shadowtongue feels a strange feeling of peace and fulfillment overtaking him, taking over his body. He suddenly can barely stand. ((Make a Fortitude save.))

Outside Luskan

The caltrop hits the green slime and sinks into it it seems. The liquid doesn't destroy the caltrop, but it does seem to cover it. The tracks look like those of three elves wearing boots or something to cover their feet. One was running from the others. Then a new set of tracks appears a few yards up, this one much bigger. It looks like the creature just appeared out of nowhere, and the tracks are far apart. It may have been walking, but the the stride is hard to tell. It is at least double the size of the other tracks though.

Yaroc sees a figure wearing a dark cloak just standing there by the sea with his back to Yaroc. He's still far away, but Yaroc has a feeling, the music is coming from him.

12. - Top - End - #192

(( damnit >__< can't I get a reflex save some time????? I'm actually good at those...
    Fortitude - (1d20)[5] ))

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Feeling abit more confident (having two people that have been retroactivly standing beside him the entire time helps) Arwel decides to search the alleyway.
    "I'll decline the protection for the time being. We'll try to keep our options open for now. If you'll be so kind as to help me search the alley for any further clues, I would be thankful. Arwel then sets about taking a closer look at the side street, as well as keeping his eyes and ears open for any unpleseant persons that might see the group as a potential target for robbery.
    ((Search (1d20+6)[21] additional modifiers may apply if the others use aid another option.
    Listen (1d20)[19]
    Spot (1d20)[6]))
    While going over the cobblestones and manhole, he tries to get to know more about his companions.
    So, other than names, we know barely anything about each other. What can you tell me about yourselves?
    Check out Avatar

14. - Top - End - #194

NinjaGuy

Huh, ....yeah...green stuff smells bad.....

Yaroc seems distant and doesn't pay much attention to Roland but focuses on the cloaked man. At first he starts walking towards the man but goes to loping jog and then to full out run.

((As I get closer to the guy I try to get a better look at him. While not "stealthy" I don't shout or anything to get his attention and I try to get as close as possible before I'm noticed. Base speed 40 run x4, wearing light armor = 160ft per round.))
    Got Gouda?

15. - Top - End - #195

BardGuy

Terry heads in as well. "I'll take the rear. Let's keep the lady between us." Terry will follow the two into the alley and lag behind them a bit, checking the area out. "Me? Well I'm a paladin in the service of the Great Sheriff. Well, not so much a paladin yet, I came here on a training mission. A final exam of sorts. What about you two?"

Spoiler
    Show
    search: (d20)[8] spot: (d20+1)[21]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Streets of Luskan

Shadowtongue falls to the street dazed. He doesn't know why he feels so good, but he feels so good he doesn't even want to move from the spot.

In the alley, Arwel finds a good size spot of dried blood around the man-hole. He can't tell how old it is, but he also finds an extremely horribly smelling green liquid on the ground near the blood. When the three of you get near enough to it, it almost makes you hurl just from being near it. Smells bad huh? The man that led you to the alley says.

Outside Luskan

The figure doesn't seem to notice Yaroc's presence until he gets close ((within 30 feet)). When he does, the figure stops playing the music, turns part of the way around, enough for Yaroc to see his beautifully crafted flute and the fact that he is an elf. His hair is dark, skin cream colored, but his eyes are a strange color, bright red. He doesn't speak, all he does is stand there looking at Yaroc, as if waiting for him to make the first move.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch half-jogs up to shadowtongue and stands over him, a slight scowl on his face. Hey, you alright? or you just staring at the clouds? what were you running around here for anyway, something to do with that music? well its not playing now, so cmon lets head out, find some clues as to our mysterious kidnappers whereabouts.

18. - Top - End - #198

BardGuy

Terry gives the slime a focused look, allowing the power of the dieties to tell him its purpose. He then looks around slowly.

((detecting evil on the slime, and while at it, scanning his companions and the man who led them in))

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

((Sense Motive on Jerry (1d20+8)[24]))
    "Well can't say my life has been very exciting. For the past year I haven't done anything more dangerous than observe, do odd jobs for a Waterdhavian, and write about it to a girl I know in Amn.
    You'll have to tell me more about this exam but first, I don't recognize the title of Great Sheriff. What is he god of if you don't mind me ask....
    Arwel stifles a gag at a whiff from the green fluid.
    "I'll say it smells!" he says in emphatic response, and using his cloak as a makeshift scarf goes on to say. "By all that Shar keeps hidden, what is it?
    Check out Avatar

20. - Top - End - #200

NinjaGuy

I......I heard you playing. Your song......it was full of sorrow. I uh............

Now that he is here Yaroc feels silly for having rushed out to this man. What was he thinking?

I happen to be looking for an Elf. Perhapse you might be him, or know something about him.

((Spot (1d20+2)[8]))
    ((Sense Motive (1d20+2)[13]))
    Got Gouda?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Streets of Luskan

Terry feels the power of his God guide him, and he senses evil in the area. The evil began with the slime. ((Since it's out of combat, I'll be posting this by post instead of by round.))

Outside the City

The elf looks at Yaroc confused. He opens his mouth as if to say something, but the only thing that comes out is a gurgle of air. He shakes his head, and then pulled the neck of his cloak down. His throat has two thin red lines on it. He shakes his head again and makes a motion with his hand that looks like expelling something from his mouth.

22. - Top - End - #202

BardGuy

Terry's smile turns to a frown as he looks at the slime. "This ooze is evil," he says coldly. I'll tell you of my God later, what shall we do about this now?"

23. - Top - End - #203

NinjaGuy

Hrm, I see. You were wounded and you can not speak. Is that right?
    Got Gouda?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roland finally looks up from the ooze and notices that Yaroc has wandered off towards a distant figure. YOU FOOL, GET BACK HERE! He shouts, running towards Yaroc as fast as he can.
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Amykath goes next to Arwel carefully examining the area around them.
    "There is notmuch to tell about me, I'm afraid. I haven't been in this world for very long. I came here in search for help for my people." - she regards the blood spot only with a look of disgust, but her attention is caught by the green slime.
    "We should examine this further. It might be a sign of what exactly has been going on here.", she says wracking her brain for any information about this slime.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+3)[14]
    Spot (1d20+2)[20]
    Listen (1d20+2)[19]
    Knowledge: Arcana (1d20+5)[21]
    And just for the heck of it: Spellcraft (1d20+5)[18]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Streets of Luskan

Amy doesn't really know what the green liquid is, it could be just some weird kind of poison or something. She does remember reading about a plague in history when people started oozing green liquid though. Whatever it is, she knows that isn't natural.

Lauriel walks up to Gretch about a minute after Shadowtongue falls. She looks at Shadowtongue, then asks, What happened to him?

Outside Luskan

The elf nods his head. Then he mouths something, it looks like he's trying to ask for help. Then the elf is suddenly wracked with pain and starts to writhe. He takes one last painful look toward Yaroc, then seemingly melts into the same green liquid as Yaroc found, leaving behind only his flute and cloak. Roland arrives soon after.

27. - Top - End - #207

NinjaGuy

To Roland

Did you see that? It looked like he was trying to ask me for something, and then he just.......melted.

I look around for a stick or something to fish the flute and cloak out of the slime.

((Just in case: Fort save (1d20+6)[8]
    Got Gouda?

28. - Top - End - #208

Shadowtongue breathed heavily. He felt so... happy. But there was something wrong about it. He tried to force it away, there was no desire within him to be happy. Living wasn't about happiness... At least, not from what his life told him. Gretch said something, what was the little goblin mouthing off about now? But the elf couldn't understand it, his mind was too foggy. Suddenly, Lauriel appeared--and also said something he couldn't understand--but something triggered in his mind. That voice... the one he had heard within the song, it was hers.

... I... heard... you... in the... song... Shadotongue muttered almost incoherently. He tried to stand for a moment, but he was helpless to do so.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

"This reminds me of a plague I read about. It has been a long time ago though. Also it wouldn't explain why there is no body here."
    Amy looks around for a small object with which she could try to pick up a small portion of the ooze.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If necessary, heres a search check: (1d20+3)[10]
    Looking for something like a long splinter, nail, fork, spoon or whatever is small and long

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch frowns and rolls his eyes, there was something to Shadowtongues words, but he didn't hear the voice, though he supposed he was farther away. Gretch dragged shadowtongue over to a tree and propped him up against it.