New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Thanks

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Thanks

Just a quick thanks (and perhaps congrats) to Rob and Jamie for Erfworld. Its nice seeing episodes again. Obviously fans want to see even more (if its weekly, we'd want it bi weekly, if by weekly, perhaps m-w-f, if we had three a week I'm sure we'd want daily), but its nice not just seeing the comic getting back to a sense of progress, but also episodes likes 92, where there's a depth to the dialog.

One of the things I enjoy about Erfworld is that often reading one page, brings up an 'ahh' moment causing you to go back an reread previous ones for missed elements. That is good story telling.

Anyway, thanks again to Rob and Jamie for providing this for free, and I hope things are going better.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Thanks

they're doing it for the money, not you lol.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Meh. Hoping to make money and hoping to earn fan acclaim aren't mutually exclusive; if anything, they're likely to be mutually supporting.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    Meh. Hoping to make money and hoping to earn fan acclaim aren't mutually exclusive; if anything, they're likely to be mutually supporting.
    I don't see anything wrong in loving to tell stories and wanting to make money off it, too. I myself feel happy when I get feedback indicating that I've made my readers happy, for that matter. Too, I feel grateful to Rob and Jamie for the effort they have put into giving us their story, and if they make money on it as well, then good!
    Last edited by The Old Hack; 2008-02-01 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Felt the first post was too brief and unclear.
    My Avatar is Vinnie Doombats from the Erfworld comic written by Rob Balder and illustrated by Jamie Noguchi.