New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Corrath - Group 1

Pyll

"Hmm... Karrn arena? Sounds fun. Karrn tough with less brains than I got in my pinky toe, even more fun."

Pyll's attention snaps to focus, and as they approach the ogre, he scours the area, looking for anyone else that might also be representing the Karrn guild in the area.
    Spoiler
    Show
    search - (1d20+20)[34] or if spot is more appropriate, then spot - (1d20+6)[26]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

@Jael
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could you please use a different color? i would like to keep grey shades for npcs

Pyll finds two red-bearded dwarves in half-plate armor bearing the symbol of Karrn, a longsword pointing downward crossed by a double-edged battleaxe and a warhammer both with head down over a plain kite shield, both of them carrying heavy shields and massive battleaxes as well as a white-haired elven woman in a shining, slender full-plate armor wearing a long deep red cloak sporting the same symbol and covering a long sleak sheath holding a large but elegant seeming sword. As he looks around further he spots two men in breastplate armor, one with brown short hair and a massive warmace on his back and the other one bald carrying a greatsword, both of them wearing a Karrn symbol on the left half of their breasplates.

The ogre is wearing a large battered breastplate with a row of rough carvings in the left shoulder plate obviously counting his slain opponents. A massive maul crusted with dried blood hangs from the ogre's belt.
    First visibly confused by the sight of the stunted orc-blooded creature appearing before him the ogre then tries to put up a pleasant grin, with limited success.
    "You look like a man who can enjoy a good fight to the death."
    Before the ogre finished his sentence the elven woman pushes herself before him, with a sharp tone she scolds her tactless companion. "Do the shouting and leave the talking to us, Rogk!", her angry face immediately turns to a smile as she turns to Krark. "Sir, by your exquisite choice of tools, I'm sure I can say you are someone who can appreciate the thrill and the artistic side of an honest duel of two worthy opponents."

Spoiler
    Show
    Krark, and anyone who is interested in this conversation, make a sense motive check against DC 18

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[19]

"Honest combat, eh? I don't think it's as honest as you'd like to pretend it is."
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-01-21 at 12:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sense motive (1d20+6)[12]

Krark smiles and says I don't know about the "artistic" side but I do enjoy a good fight and he grins wider showing his large powerful fangs, and standing on his back legs.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Morin notices the smooth-talk the elf is trying to convince Krark into buying a ticket with, while Krark is flattered.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Morin

"If you really want him to buy a ticket, you should just mention the copious amounts of blood and guts. That works better in his case." Morin nods to Krark.

He then addresses Krark. "We've got somewhere to be, Krark, remember? You can come back by later, and challenge the winner if you feel like it."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Scabi listens impartially to the exchange but as the woman steps up a brief flicker of interest alights in his eyes.

"Are wagers to be taken and is this to be a fair fight?" he says pleasantly, looking into her eyes with a slight smile.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive asked for = (1d20+17)[24]

Sense Motive for when she answers about being a fair fight = [roll]1d20+17[/url]

Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-01-21 at 12:36 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Krark snorts and looks at Morin Yea I guess, probably be a better fight where were going anyway. and with that he walks past the Karrn guild members.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Albireo

As Krark and Morin walk away from the Karrn members, Albireo joins them. "Well, now that you two are done goofing off, we'd best head over to the Red Tower. We would do well to not leave them waiting."
    "The only way to save the village... is through DANCE."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

Pyll wanders a short distance, hoping to become lost in the crowd. When he's relatively certain no one will see, he engages "greater invisibility." Pulling out the metamagic rod of silent spell, he selects the ogre as the target of a "Miser's Envy" spell, and chooses the elf's sword as the object of his affections.

Spoiler
    Show
    hide - (1d20+12)[21]movesilently - (1d20+19)[32]
    Characters
    Pyll : Trakkard Raul
    "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Morin

"If I knew our destination better, I'd just teleport us all there, but as is I'd rather not take the chance on ending up in the wrong spot." Morin nods to Albireo. "Then let us move quickly, shall we?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Albireo

"Oh, I know it well enough, but they're generally smart enough to block teleportation and scrying into the building," he says, while walking briskly forward.
    "The only way to save the village... is through DANCE."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Morin

"Yes, but normally teleportation isn't blocked if you want to go near the building. It would save us a while to walk, I think. But even with a good description, there would still be the chance I'd miss and we'd end up on the other side of the tower." Morin shrugs, but continues to walk quickly.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

While you walk away you hear a fight breaking out. As you turn to look you see the ogre yelling at the elf trying to grab her while she is dodging him with ease. Suddenly one of the dwarves grabs the ogres wrist speaking a few words in a language unfamiliar to most of you and the ogre immediately calms down.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Morin ignores the scuffle.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lathlan

Lathlan seems utterly uninterested in the fight, having never been one to fight for fighting's sake. He is a fairly plain man, for a Kijyan at least. His brown hair is just long enough to touch his narrow shoulders. Dark blue eyes rest above his small nose and thin, chapped lips. He has a pointed chin and a long neck, which connects his head to his wiry, muscled body. His tail is the same hue of blue as his eyes, and his skin has a slightly lighter blue hue to it. As usual, he wears no shirt. He wears a thick sheath of leather over his tail with metallic studs sewn into the material and a simple leather kilt at his waist. He has no tattoos or noticeable birthmarks, and other than his magical equipment, he wears no jewelry.

He slithers on as the fight breaks out behind them. "Let's just get our job and get on with it... I can't stand this place." He keeps his voice low so that only the others can hear readily.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys, I didn't see the threads posted. You move fast...
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-01-21 at 02:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Jailbird

Jumping from one roof to the next, Jailbird tucks into a roll and stops, watching the progress of his group. Chuckling, he watches the scene with the ogre and the elf, then continues to pace the group, easily keeping up with them on the uncrowded rooftops.

"Not in town more than ten minutes, and already we've caused a stir..."
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-01-21 at 02:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Krark turns and sees the fight, and is about to go back when the dwarves settle the matter. He turns back and says The Snakes right, lets get the job done, of course I kinda like this part of town, should come back sometime

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

After little more than an hour of walking over, through and between the nested building structures of Rynna you finally reach a large place entirely free of any buildings except for the large red tower of an amazingly detailed architecture and facade decoration that seems to poke into the clouds placed exactly in the middle and is surrounded by interchanging concentric circles of paved ground and green beds. At the foot of the tower a wall is surrounding its court. While the itself wall is easily twice as high as a hill giant it still seems meaningless compared to the massive building it guards. Hippogriffs and lower dragons circle around the building high up in the air guarding the higher reaches of the tower.

As you walk along the wide paved pass leading to the main gate of the Tower's court, a winged creature appears from above approaching you quickly.
    Against the sun you can first see its feathered wings then you can recognize the bird talons on its front feet. As it comes closer and circles around you while coming closer to the ground you can also see the creatures eagle head and its lion like hind legs and tail.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

Scabi glances up and calls out as it nears, "SQUIRK CHOCAW MRRRSSSSS CHHH."

~We have here been summoned~

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Krark raises an eyebrow at Scabi but ignores it, as he walks toward the tower he gestures to the others Cmon hurry up, or I'll leave you all behind and do the job myself and take all your shares and he grins at this.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Morin

Ignoring the creature overhead after giving it a quick look, Morin continues on into the gate.

"Not my share, you won't, Krark."

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action if attacked to disintegrate it.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-01-21 at 07:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Jailbird

From the shadows of a nearby rooftop, Jailbird watches, tensing in the shadows.

Spoiler
    Show

Prepared action, if what i believe is a hippogriff attacks a member of the group, shadow step + shadow pounce + full attack action = basically i teleport behind it and claw it once with each hand... (claw/claw, 2 sneak attacks)
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-01-21 at 09:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

Pyll will prepare a charm monster spell in case the beastie starts looking hungry or snappish. DC 25 if it comes to that.

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative - (1d20+7)[13]
    oops, that should be a +8, so 14
    Last edited by SirGhandi; 2008-01-21 at 09:52 PM.
    Characters
    "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

"No need to hurry, Mister Bloodgrin and Mister Ilmar." sounds a voice from above. The Griffon lands between the two and the rest of the party and just uppon touching the ground suddenly changes its shape until it has taken the form of an aged man with a bald head in the red robes of Cythian that show a large symbol of Cythian on the lower half of the back side, a hand grasping a shining object that seems to be a ball of pure energy. He smirks at Scabi. "And thanks for the kind comment, Mister Moondun."
    He then turns his head up looking directly at Jailbird on the distant rooftop. "I would like to ask you to come down there, so we can get down to business soon.", while his voice now seems distant for the seven party members on the place in front of the tower, Jailbird hears it as clearly as if the wizard was standing right next to him.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

Dismissing the spell from his mind, the halfling visibly relaxes, and as he does so, he undergoes a brief change. His skin turns a shade of green, and his hair shifts from brown to golden blond. Wings emerge from under the tunic.

"Excellent transformation! You seem to have mastered the form, pulling it off so gracefully. Perhaps you can help me with some of my own? I'm curious, why a griffon? It seems such a base creature, though no doubt you've discovered advantages that I may have overlooked. Is it difficult mastering the flight, being as you're of a species that lacks such an ability?..."

(undoubtably, someone will interrupt the pixie's line of questioning)
    Characters

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Morin

Raising an eyebrow at the pixie, Morin shrugs. "Morphing like that usually imparts the ability to use the forms way of movement."

He then addresses the man. "Interesting method of transportation. What can we do for you then, since you seem to not want us to enter the tower to negotiate."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Scabi inclines his head politely.

"At your service, sir." he says with just the right amount of deference without lowering to flattery.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

"The transformation, well... I just like to deliver a good show, I guess." the wizard says. "And there are other ways to overcome the inability to imitate a polymporphed form's ways of locomotion.", the man bows down a lot less elegant than he looked before. "I am Wyn Harelass. As soon as your friend joins us we will go inside to discuss the terms."

Spoiler
    Show
    Pun intended

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Jailbird

A soft cough announces his presence, as he steps from the shadows of the wall. With a nonchalant expression on his face, he leans against the wall.

"Who are we waiting for?"