New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: Corrath - Group 1 IC

"Good... good..." Scabi rat a tats. "Does anything reside within your bowels beneath?"
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-02-08 at 01:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes... creatures...."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

Scabi

*badda badda badda bum bum takka whump taptaptaptap tink whack thumpa da da kerbump whack whack boom tunk badda clunk tap tap thump tunk tunk whap*

Describe them...

Spoiler
    Show
    The spell the ability is modeled after says it should be able to give exact descriptions...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This is gonna take some time, because i havent even mapped out the house yet so i will do that now. It will take some time.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    He was just referring to the sewers entrance in this case. I don't insist on a description of the entire guild populace, that'd be cruel

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Scabi

"Warriors... large by your means... muscly, carrying swords and armor. Green hide... sharp teeth, glowing eyes, disorderly manes, crooked noses... claws... loud.", the building speaks in fragments but yet gives a complete description of the creatures down inside it.

------------------------

Hyorin
    You're standing in the tavern, in front of the shivering red haired man, who just opened to you what sounds mostly like the talk of a madman.

------------------------

Jailbird, Krark, Morin, Lathlan, Albireo and Pyll

You're standing in the middle of the street, basically doing nothing.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-02-10 at 04:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Jailbird

Following Scabi's gaze, he sees an entrance to the sewers. With a shrug, he slinks over. Move Silent : (1d20+28)[46]Hide :(1d20+33)[41]

OOC : Standing in the middle of the street? methinks not :) perpetually hidden in shadows, that's more likely.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

Scabi

"From your shoulder, where is there within where one of your many members are not?" he listens for the answer and then, Go back to your rest, Va'ra..."

With that he glances about and rejoins with the group.

"I have a good deal of information." he says as he approaches, and his foot idly taps the ground with his words.

Scabi relays what he has learned from the spirit of the building and finishes, "So we may very well be able to enter entirely at our leisure... after fighting whatever is below. There is an alternative however. I could get us all within directly in secret, but I cannot guarantee there are not alarms built into the construction. However, cannot guarantee the guards below will not sound an alarm, so I say staying above is a better bet."
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-02-10 at 06:16 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lathlan considers this with a frown. "We need to take pains to stay undetected methinks. A fight doesn't sound like that'd do the trick, but if we trick some magic alarms of some sort we're just as bad off. We need to get together and talk this out."
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-02-10 at 06:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"To my back there is silence.", the buildings last answer is before it sinks into silence with a sigh that sounds like the wind clanging through an empty corridor.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

Piping in, Pyll provides some potentially promising propositions. "Seems to me, if there were alarms, then our dear Scabi would have set them off already by walking up to the building and knocking on it, so we either face the fact that it isn't warded from the outside, or it is and they're already aware of someone crossing their threshold. Either way, we should proceed with a plan.

"Entering through the sewer is classic, and overdone. If they're really about revolution and throwing off the yoke of the guilds, then they'll be expecting a confrontation, they're planning on a confrontation. We could barrel in, kick a few heads in, and deal as much damage as possible, then clean up later, but that also proves to be problematic. We take Scabi's suggestion, we should circumvent their basic defenses. They might have anticipated something of that nature, and barred us from entering such, but I doubt we'll run into more resistance because of it, merely find the path blocked,. So, if you're asking, I like Scabi's idea the best."
    Characters
    Pyll : Trakkard Raul
    "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

12. - Top - End - #162

Lathlan's expression darkens as Pyll immediately suggests violence, but this fades quickly. "One thing I'm wonderin'... we're just here to gather information, yeah? Maybe we could just join 'em? Well, a couple of us, anyway. That way we just get in through the front door and get the information we need given to us freely. I mean, I know they aren't gonna be forthcoming on sensitive stuff to new members and all, but at the very least we wouldn't have to sneak into the place and we'd have an excuse for bein' there if we get caught."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Banned

"Or we could persuade another to do it in our stead." Scabi responds thoughtfully. "Though a member already within would be ideal if we could catch one."

A brief looking of delicious cunning passes before his face, "And I think I may have a plan to let us both catch one and make an entrance for ourselves. A trap shall we say."
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-02-10 at 09:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

"In such matters, I can be very convincing. I have a certain knack for enchantments, and may be able to charm one of them, if we can take pains to make it seem inconspicuous."
    Characters
    Pyll : Trakkard Raul
    "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

He seems preoccupied by the ramblings of the old man. Hyorin knows that man has seen death. "Who killed them, old man? Who murdered those people."

Spoiler
    Show

Rolling for Diplomacy?

Diplomacy - (1d20+2)[11]

Image by Rich Burlew

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Hyorin

"Claws! Teeth! So many!!", the man suddenly screams pulls off the sash holding his sheathed sword and tosses it away. As the sheath hits the ground the sword comes out and its battered blade is revealed. The blade is broken off at half length and the edges covered in a strange purple substance.
    "DON'T! Please... I... please... get them out of my HEAD!!"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

The pandakin moves his hand and holds the grip of his sword almost drawing it, when Burt Redfox takes out the sword, he then relaxes as Burt throws it. He notices the sword and makes a mental note to take it to the party. Hyorin moves closer to Burt.

"Where?" He asks concerned. The implication of having beasts connected to the Guild is lingering now in his mind.
    Image by Rich Burlew

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Hyorin

Burt suddenly grasps the fur on Hyorins arm and stares at him with panic in his eyes: "NO! Don't go there! They will get you... you will doom us all! Don't lead them here!"

--------------------

Krark
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're totally just heading for the easy way. SAY SOMETHING!

Whip out your halberd and decapitate the front door guards or something!
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-02-12 at 09:45 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Lathlan takes a sidelong glance at Krark with a raised eyebrow, obviously having expected him to say something in protest. After a moment he simply turns back to the others and says, "Gotta hammer out the details still, but yeah, sounds like th' start of a plan. Might wanna get Hyorin in on this, though. He walked down 'at way," he says, nodding his head in the direction the pandakin departed.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

The pandakin looks more preoccupied. "Go where? Lead who here?" He insists again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can someone pick me up

Diplomacy - (1d20+2)[7] for an answer.

Image by Rich Burlew

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Jailbird

From the shadows a voice speaks : "Look, have we decided on which entrance to try? I can always just get myself straight inside, but unfortunately I can't take passengers... So, if we all want to go, we'll have to choose a more mundane route.... Unless one of you can magick the rest inside... In any case, if we are to try a mundane entrance, it probably would be best for me to scout ahead, you can all plan out our course of action while I get a bit more information."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Hyorin

"Please don't! Please! They will follow you. You will lead them here, they will take us all! Eat us! Feed us to their breed!", Redfox grabs his own hair while hiding his face behind his forearms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Im not quite done with some details about "them" so i will have to keep him muttering for a while
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-02-13 at 12:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

"Would someone who saw the bear leave fetch him then?" Scabi says politely but dryly.

24. - Top - End - #174

Looking up to the afternoon sun, Lathlan sighs and says, "Seems like we're rushing in to this. What was the last thing the building said? Silence at my back or something like that? Do you know what that could mean, Scabi? An' I'll go get Hyorin, I guess..." He waits for an answer from Scabi before going off to find the pandakin.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Banned

"It meant that there was no one currently occupying that section of its construction. We are not rushing however, but pulling in all our numbers to discuss our course of action. In fact, let us all head for the tavern. We are rather conspicuous I believe." Scabi replies evenly and follows Lathlan.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

The pandakin sighs. He didn't like to use aggression on the civilians.

You leave me no other choise, man. He thinks. Hyorin then proceeds to show his size. An animal intimidating another one in order to get what he wants. "Where are those things?" He speaks softly, but there's a heavy predatory air around him. His imposing prescense would more than likely leave Burt more traumatized in the end, but Hyorin would get answers.

Spoiler
    Show

A bear gotta do what a bear gotta do

Intimidation - (1d20+12)[17] to get answers

Image by Rich Burlew

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Hyorin
    Burt stands up hastily throwing over his chair and takes a step back searching his side for his sword with his hand. His eyes seem to widen even more. He then falls on his knees and crawls backward into a corner.
    "In the south! South of here! Please! Please don't go there!"

------------------------------------

Lathlan, Scabi and anyone else who's following
    As you enter the tavern you see Hyorin standing at a table in a corner. Before him a red-haired man is cowering with his back against the wall and eyes widened in panic.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-02-14 at 11:24 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Banned

Scabi goes and taps pandaman on the shoulder but then glances around his bulk to see the cowering figure.

"Oh, sorry, didn't mean to interrupt your feeding time." he says dead-panned and walks over to a chair and sits down to watch the show.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

"I don't like eating meat." He says as he turns to Scabi. "Besides, I'm done with him." He walks up to Burt's sword and takes it. "I don't know what have you found, but according to my friend there, 'Claws and teeth' can be found on the south. Probably some monsters." He gives the sword to Scabi. "There's blood on the broken blade I believe. It would be nice if anyone can tell me what kind of beast they fought"

He turns to Burt and nods his head at him. "I'm sorry I scared you." Hyorin then grabs an apple and eats eat whole. He takes some of the Ale he bought and drinks it too. A full mug is still on the table.
    Image by Rich Burlew

30. - Top - End - #180
    Banned

Scabi's eyes go slightly dead as his irony not only goes over Hyorin's head, but is swallowed up into tortured oblivion.

"The south of what?" he asks, crossing one leg over the other.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-02-14 at 08:46 PM.