New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Think they'll still attack gobwin knob?

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Frankly, if she were to marry Ansom, she would become a queen, but she would insist on not playing the role and as such she would act more like a general than a queen leaving ALL royal duties, affairs and such to everyone else;
    Given the nature of Erfworld, I have to wonder if "marriage" as such even exists. Justyn's "question compilation" thread seems to have died for now, but my main contribution was what the effect of sex was in Erfworld, if anything. Since heirs are "popped" from cities like any other unit and without the requirement of having a mother and father, it seems superfluous, and marriage would be even more so. A world without children means a world without family.

The only ones who could claim to have family at all are nobles and royals who pop and have the same Tribe.

It seems more likely to me that Ansom wants to see Jillian embrace the royal life because royal duty is central to his entire worldview. To be born to rule a kingdom and not claim and rule it seems alien to him. "Noblesse oblige, and that kinda crap": royals rule for the good of all.

Bottom line: let's not assume marriage exists until we know more. There's no reason so far to think it does.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

I think the most reasonable assumption is that we'll never find out. Today I checked the site and saw that the link for the GK comic was dark, so I went to check the new comic. Surprise surprise, my browser just didn't keep the page in memory for that long!
    God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players,* to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
    *i.e., everybody.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I think the most reasonable assumption is that we'll never find out. Today I checked the site and saw that the link for the GK comic was dark, so I went to check the new comic. Surprise surprise, my browser just didn't keep the page in memory for that long!
    yes, that is very sad indeed

I'm afraid Erfworld will just finish with part 1. It had a lot of potential (even 1/week +1 klog/month would have been enough to keep the readers...)

I'm saying this because I like this comic
    Orc Girl Avatar by Yeril !

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Methinks the attack won't go through if Parson can figure out how diplomacy works in Erfworld.