New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Things to do in GK when you're dead

Parson should go farm some greens to level up! </World of Warcraft>

I'm surprised somebody didn't say that already.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind View Post
    Parson should go farm some greens to level up! </World of Warcraft>

I'm surprised somebody didn't say that already.
    Or go on quests? Maybe he simply failed to notice the people with odd yellow exclamation points hovering above their heads...
    My Avatar is Vinnie Doombats from the Erfworld comic written by Rob Balder and illustrated by Jamie Noguchi.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

biggrin Re: Things to do in GK when you're dead

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Hack View Post
    ...You get some sulphur -- easy to get hold of in an extinct volcano.
    Add some saltpeter -- if there's no bats in all these tunnels, there's something wrong.
    You have your friendly neighbourhood dirtamancer purify them and mix them in the correct proportions.
    Voila. Gunpowder.
    You will also need a quantity of charcoal, the third ingredient of black powder, but again that shouldn't bee too difficult to come by.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xopher.tm View Post
    You will also need a quantity of charcoal, the third ingredient of black powder, but again that shouldn't bee too difficult to come by.
    Probably not working. Not catapultas, balistas or anything else. This is a game, and you can have only what you can "pop".
    Anyway, in two days you can't make a cannon, no matter how fast you work (there is along time for the stamp), black powder is more trickly than you think (try if you don't believe), and war machines requires a real engineer.
    The only thing that could work is boiling water, and it's probably the lowest defence.

Last bit: Parson is screwed in case of a war. No more dwagons, no decent air defence. Ansom can make chirurgical strikes with flyer whenever he wants.
    Dungeon fortification?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laurentio View Post
    Probably not working. Not catapultas, balistas or anything else. This is a game, and you can have only what you can "pop".
    For starters, there's good reason to believe that this is not a game but a world that resembles a game.

Secondly, if you can only have what you can pop, how were the hippiemancers able to research a new spell? How was Bogroll able to make armor for Parson?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenputtyknife View Post
    For starters, there's good reason to believe that this is not a game but a world that resembles a game.

Secondly, if you can only have what you can pop, how were the hippiemancers able to research a new spell? How was Bogroll able to make armor for Parson?
    I don’t discredit the idea that Parson might be able to create some unique stuff, but we haven’t exactly seen how money works. It’s possible that both of those things cost you money devoted to “research” or “crafting”.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenputtyknife
    Like in "It's a game world when you consider stats for living being, popping units, dawn timed cleaning and food, bonus on 8 stack and movement only on turns, but NOT a game world when it cames to my personal epic-awesome ideas"?
    Well, could be. But if Erfworld is not a game world, it's the lamest parody of a world ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenputtyknife
    "Research" is part of games. Master of Magic... old memories...
    Parson is the exception that is required to make the story interesting. All and every story requires an exception, otherwise it would be just flat boredom.
    Actually, every object that Parson receive (by Bogroll or by Stupid Meals) seems to be just class features that he missed as an outsider. Overlords are supposed to be strong (that is for armor and sword), able to read stats, and do combat math.

That is my opinion, not likely to start a fight. We will see soon (hope).

Laurentio

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laurentio View Post
    Seriously? As we see here, the Coalition forces have siege towers obviously meant for storming walls. These are more complicated to build than you may think. If they can build these, they not only can build catapults and ballistae as well -- both must haves in any decent medieval siege train -- but they are also only a fairly small step away from trebuchets.

Anyway, in two days you can't make a cannon, no matter how fast you work (there is along time for the stamp), black powder is more trickly than you think (try if you don't believe), and war machines requires a real engineer.
    *shrug* I was assuming that Sizemore, being a Dirtamancer, would be good at creating various mixtures fast to test and thus find the optimum ratios fairly soon. And who said cannon? Just big clay pots with lots of nice metal shrapnel mixed with the gunpowder, set to detonate when hostile troops came near, would be quite nice. For a given value of 'nice', I admit.

Too, these siege towers would be impossible to build without engineers to design them, or possibly mathamancers.

The only thing that could work is boiling water, and it's probably the lowest defence.
    I think even Sizemore could easily boil lead if it came to that...

Last bit: Parson is screwed in case of a war. No more dwagons, no decent air defence. Ansom can make chirurgical strikes with flyer whenever he wants.
    Dungeon fortification?
    So you claim. I suspect we are about to find out how true that is.
    My Avatar is Vinnie Doombats from the Erfworld comic written by Rob Balder and illustrated by Jamie Noguchi.