New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Supers in Skyline [IC]

Laura

"The information desk, I suppose," Laura replies with a shrug, "or just someone who has the time to answer questions. I'm a journalist, I should know basic info on what I'm writing about, and this seemed like the place to find out."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Sun Kim

We?! Oh man...

Sun ponders at Ian's question for a few moments.

"Hmm...I don't know why I trust you so much, but here goes..."

He finishes off the last of his fries, takes a last sip of shake, and then leans forward, obscuring his hands from all but Ian.

"Ok, take a look at this..." As he speaks, a thin, black wire snakes out from the tip of his right index finger. It looks like it's made of metal, but metal couldn't possibly be that flexible, could it? Or so sharp-looking?

"This and seven of its buddies is why I don't carry a gun with me man. Handy as a garrote or for tripping, and cuts right through everything, like steel."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"I have brief level precognitive levels, the man sitting to my right has enhanced reflexes, and the woman to my right has an eidetic memory. We all underwent training in drawing the gun underneath our desk, arming it, and firing it in under six seconds with accuracy within ten feet. Our machines are maintained by their inventors or whoever they hire to handle such things. Our mundane maintenance is done by Jim, he's a super-speedster but he's a bit nervous since the death of his partner. Honestly I don't know who works support. What is your power, and why are you reluctant to use it? These are important things to us." said the Secretary, a bit befuddled.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

James

James' brow wrinkled as he overheard Brynn's conversation. It seemed odd to him, too, that everyone, including support staff were all metahumans. It seemed... unlikely. Shrugging mentally, he turned to Laura with a pleasant smile.

Well, you can probably try to talk to one of the people here, or I'd be happy to answer whatever questions I could.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Bryn

"I can heal people," she says quietly. "Broken arm, bullet wound, missing limb, cancer, you name it. I don't like to do it as I temporarily end up with whatever it is I'm curing, and it's excruciatingly painful to do it besides."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"Any weapons training, what weapons to what degree?" asks the woman politely.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Bryn

"Military training. Pistol, rifle, and 60mm deck gun. I don't expect that last will be terribly useful, of course."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"You've never seen our armoury. Alright, here's some forms, you can look them over, over there." she takes a form out of the desk, its about as thick as you fist and weighs like eight pounds. It roughly comes to an outline of all the rules that they want you to follow, basically police rules, plus enhanced discretionary power. Then there are two pages of questions about your powers, and then there's two pages on why you want to join, and then there's a waiver for a mandatory mind scan. She then points to a seat.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Bryn

The woman's eyes go wide at the stack of paper. "You're joshing, right? I thought the paperwork for the Royal Navy was bad." Seeing that the receptionist is quite serious she heaves the stack over to a chair and starts in on it, clearly intent on reading every page.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Sun Kim

"Eh? Eh? Is this cool or is this cool?"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rand

Ian's eyes grow wide, but then return to normal in a quick blink.

"Well, you're pretty darn forward. I guess if this is 'show you, show me,' I'll tell you what I'm all about. I, well, have the qualities of a tank. Maybe strength is not part of that, but I can take a crapload of damage, and still be on my feet. I was shot seven times, once in the jaw, on a 'routine' drug bust. Capped every one of the thugs in the knees for those. About 2 days later, after shutting up in my apartment with 6 liters of Doctor Pepper, some Ramen Noodles, and heavy bandages, I woke up with all my wounds gone. Weirdest thing was, none of those shots had 'hurt'. Oh sure, I felt the sensation of the blasts, but no pain."

Ian eyes the fingers, with their strands of hidden metal, and speaks again.

"Those make good tripwires, eh? That's damn impressive, s'cuse my French. That would help out immensely, not to mention how dangerous you would be in a fight. What have you tested those suckers on? Car metal? Brick? Enlighten me, if you would."
    Had I the cloths of heaven,
    I would spread these at your feet.
    But I am poor, and have only my dreams
    and I spread these beneath your feet.
    Tread softly, for you tread upon my dreams

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!
    Awesome Agent 47 by Dr. Bath!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Sun Kim

The lad scrunches up his face in memory.

"Pain resistance, huh? That's pretty damn cool man! It'll help a lot around here...lets see....

Uh, I remember one time when I was using my wires climb up a wall, all ninja-style. I got my wires around a metal railing, it looked like steel...I'm climbing up, and the next thing I know I'm on the ground with a sore ass and a piece of metal railing clanking around right next to me.

So yeah, my wires'll cut through steel, though the tougher stuff could take some time, I think. Bricks? No prob. Cars? Oh yeah.

I've...I've never really killed anyone with my wires, though. We're not going to go around killing people, are we?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rand

Ian gives Sun a pained expression.

"No. Never. Not unless they are gonna to kill you, then you try to incapacitate them. Killin' just doesn't feel right."

He slaps his thigh, and smiles sunnily once more.

"But that's not stopping me from poppin' 'em in the leg, eh? You can fix those suckers! Give em something to think about while recuperatin'. And you? Just give them a few lashes, they might leave you alone. Whip their guns in half or something, its all good."

Ian leans his head back and sighs deeply.

"Agh. Let's just hope that there is never a time when we need to do that. I like to go in, bust a few heads quietly, then make off with the money and leave them with the drugs, and a visit from the police."

He jerks his head back forward, and gazes into Kim's eyes.

"Say, Sun, I remember you kinda growlin' out SLEA. What's your problem with them? What's up with 'em?"

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Sun Kim

Sun chuckles a bit, both out of relief and laughter, but his face goes stony when Ian inquires about SLEA.

"...sorry man, but I don't really wanna talk about that right now. Maybe later, alright? All I'll tell you right now is...I don't like them. Hell, I hate'em."

He breaks his gaze and stares at the scratched plastic of the food table, sipping on his second milkshake.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rand

Ian takes this as the cue to 'drop it and leave it alone'

Cant have an angry teammate now can we?

"Alright, it's okay. Anyway, I don't think I'm gonna appreciate them much either, what with vigilantism frowned upon by society. So, what are we gonna do first? Got anyplace for us to start?"

Ian says this while pondering Sun's interesting steps towards lawfulness. Rand smiles inwardly. Steps.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Bryn

After quite some time, Bryn returns to the desk with the paperwork. "All finished."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Laura

Laura shrugs. "If you think you know how the place works, sure. How does the SLEA handle disturbances? Is it organized like a department of the police, with calls received and whatever individual best fits the situation dispatched? Or is it more of a collection of vigilantes, with whichever member happens to be handy helping out when they see a problem? Or some of both?" She raises an eyebrow. "And do you have any idea if there's a public book of regulations on this sort of thing? I don't imagine I'll think of everything I want to know while I'm here, and it would be better to have a reference so that I didn't have to go bother somebody for everything I want to know."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Sun Kim

Sun seems to quickly change his mood at the thought of busting some thugs.

"Hmm...*sip*...well, I remember a bunch of petty muggers robbing a convenience store a few blocks away last night...the cops ate too many donuts to keep up with 'em. And the SLEA's definitely not gonna bother cracking down on no-namers like them. I tracked them for a bit, so I think I know where their hideout is.

'Course, we should try to keep a low profile, cuz if we don't, both the SLEA and the Suits will be after us. One's gonna try and bust us, the other's gonna try and cap ups."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rand

Ian gives a quick smile.

"Heh. You think I would be sitting here if I didn't keep a low profile? Anyway, this sounds good. I really hate the big important idiots only dealin' with 'important' stuff, not givin' a crap about the little guys. What is that convenience store owner's family gonna eat, if they don't get any money? Freakin' bureaucrats sitting around not giving a rat's porker about these people. But enough of that. I say we get ready for a possible crackdown tonight, eh?"

He leans forwards and eagerly cracks his knuckles. Even during his tirade, he looked at ease.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Sun Kim

Sun gives a boyish grin and replies, "Heh heh...let's kick some ass man!

So, uh...

What're we gonna do till then?"
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2008-02-05 at 05:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rand

"Well... I really need to get back to my condo, in the Ferarri parked a couple blocks down, check on my huge arsenal of assault weapons, pick out a couple or 5, and load up an armored tank to bust down a wall and kick some serious butt. Or maybe I'll just get in my Jeep, ride back to my house, and check my equipment, slash get some naptime. I likes my naps."

Ian pushes his chair back, stands to his feet (as opposed to his eyeballs), and turns towards the door.

"However, if you want to come too, I could accommodate you. I got an Xbox 360 before I came here, and I have Halo 3."

Ian chuckles to himself, and thinks back to all the fun he had with that game. Oh, and the fun he still has.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Sun Kim

Sun stares at Ian with his mouth wide open.

"Oh...uh...um...I'll pretend that you're screwing with me on that "armored tank" part. But yeah, I'll come with ya. Thanks."

He starts tidying up their eating place when he asks, "By the way...what's Halo 3? Don't play a lot of games, you see..."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

James

James thinks about Laura's question before answering Well... little bit of both, really. People do get put on assignments and they try to route people to the jobs that most suit their talents, but if there's trouble nearby, nobody's going to wait for a call from HQ before they suit up and answer it. And yeah, there are quite a few regulations, but some metahumans make more effort to follow them than others.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Should I time jump you through to the evening?)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

(Does Bryn get a job or an interview or anything?)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Oh, you get the job, thats a given. Why? Because your a main character. But that paper would take you a bit to read and there doesn't appear to be anyone else doing anything and with three of the PCs waiting to do fun heroic stuff tonight, why wade through it?)

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

(Perhaps the SLEA is somewhat mired in bureaucracy and so Bryn's application will need quite a bit of time to process? Even in RL have you wait a few days for the application to process, have the manager read the resume, schedule an interview, etc.)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rand

"Yeah. I was kidding. I just got a Jeep, a small shanty, and my SL8 with P226. Oh yeah, and Halo 3. Amazed you haven't heard of it, it's pretty common knowledge. It is kind of a shooting game where you go around fighting aliens and stuff with guns, pretty fun. Anyway, let's get going."

Rand leads Sun down the street to his old Jeep Wrangler and climbs in, driving off to his little house in anticipation for the night's events.

(Cue time-lapse?)

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Yes, Cue Time Lapse, its now the evening)
    Last edited by Fiery Justice; 2008-02-11 at 08:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Sun Kim

"...and holy crap, that was an awesome 'nade throw! And-"

He stops, noticing a small, run down storage area that looks like a place where rats, and only rats, would live.

"Uhh...this is it. It's pretty small, so it doesn't have a back entrance, though I think we can bust in from the top...the roof's pretty flimsy, you see.

Mind if I go check it out, first? See if they're there?"