New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Rising of the Dead

Byron

"Well I'm not one for jumping through hoops sir, but I can see your point. I'm ready to prove myself if I must."
    Last edited by lordsigmund; 2008-02-01 at 07:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arruk

The gnoll nods all throughout Drath's talk, his eyes glazing over when the dwarf motions towards the books. Arruk's countenance darkens when he hears they must proof there worth but remains sitting quietly. Upon Drath's completion, the barbarian silently gets up and stands in the door frame, waiting for silence, at which point he addresses the dwarf.

We'll be back with your *gnoll curse* proof. Then we'll get to the real business, eh.
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

If the man wants proof we should give it too him.

Tauah turns to Drath.

So, when do we leave.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

THe door opens again, and in walks another dwarf, in full battle armour, carrying a shield and a heavy mace. He speaks to Drath as a friend, rather than a master

Hey there, Drath. I take it these are the adventurers? Well I suppose we should get going quickly. Time is money! I'm Trynfar, Drath's personal cleric. I've had much experience in fights, so I won't be holding you back down there. You just do your thing, and I'll follow, and tell you when you've done enough. Shall we go then?

He leads you from the office, back down the stairs. Instead of returning to the bar, you head into the store-room. The stench of alcohol is extremely strong here, and it seems like half the ale in Utovion is down here. You go over to a small hatch in the corner, only large enough to admit one person at a time.

Well here we are. One at a time down the hatch. There's all sorts down there, so watch your step. I'll follow you all in. Go when your ready

He takes a few steps back, and takes some pebbles from his pouch. After muttering a few words, the stones glow with magic light. He offers them to any adventurers who may want them, and then waits patiently for the adventurers to move in.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tauah seems to concentrate for a moment. Suddenly, his body is cloaked in light.

Those stones won't be necessary.

Tauah enters the hatch, motioning for the others to follow.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arruk does a double take at Tauah, then shrugs.

I ain't got no use for them rocks neither.

Then he too descends into the darkness.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Trynfar shrugs and slips the rock back into his pack.

What strange talents these adventurers have

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Byron too refuses Trynfar's offer, graciously however.

"Thanks for your offer but I prefer to bring Pelor's light to the darkness"

He touches his hand to the tip of his mace and whispers a few words. The mace begins to glow like a torch, casting shadows around the room.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Light on my mace, 50 minute duration

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Kiba arrives late into the Dragon's wings tavern. And when he speaks to the barman, he is sent off with James straight to the store room to meet with the other adventurers

{see earlier posts if you want to know what happened. I'll say James fills you in on the details from Drath}

Here you see a dwarvern cleric in full battle-cleric armour, and three other adventurers climbing down a trap-door inot the underworks of the tavern. Each adventurer is different. One is a strange creature - an asherati, whose skin glows with light. A gnoll follows him, and they are all followed by a human cleric with a glowing mace.

{I'll assume Kiba heads down the trap door too, in order to keep things going. Post anything you want him to do before going}

Tauah, as you step down from the last ladder rung, you hear a groan from nearby, and a greatclub swings down. Thankfully, it thuds into the ground next to you. Unfortunately, there is now a zombie trogolodyte stood in front of you. In the gloom, just outside the radius of your glow, you can vaguely see figures shuffling about.

Spoiler
    Show
    all roll initiative. It will take a move action for each of the rest of you to get off the ladder. Tauah is already in front of the creature.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiba

Kiba doesn't say anything before he goes down, he simply nods his head.

When the Zombie appears when he is about down, he tries to slash at it with his long sword if it is within range.
    Spoiler
    Show

((If it isn't within range or it is already dead by the time it's his turn, he'll just draw a long sword, if it doesn't conflict with combat rules since I think he needs to be attacking to draw it for a free action...))

Initiative - (1d20+2)[12]
    Attack - (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage - (1d8+4)[9]

((My apologies for lack of RP, it'll get better.))
    Last edited by Volug; 2008-02-16 at 11:26 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Byron

Byron cautiously decends the ladder, looking carefully around. Out of the corner of his eye he sees movement and all of a sudden a great figure swinging a club appears out of the darkness. He readies himself for action.

Initiative: (1d20+1)[12]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arruk

The gnoll lets out the eerie laugh his species is known for as he descends the ladder, eager for combat.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (d20+2)[11]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ok, In the interest of keeping things rolling along, I'll roll experiments initiative for him for now.

Tauah init (1d20+4)[19]
    Zombie init (1d20-2)[10]

Dashing in through the inn doorway comes a Wizard. After talking to the barman, you are directed behind the bar, though to the back store room. Inside there is a battle armour clad dwarf about to head down a trap door.

oh! another latecomer! you'd better hurry, we already have our first kil of the day!

His eyes gleam at the thought of crushing undead skulls.

{Sornjss, We'll have the others tell you what happened IC later on. Some chance for RP }

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Walking to the underground took little to no time, and soon enough Nym found himself facing a group of intreped adventures, a gitty, fully armored dwarf, and a lurching, ungraceful zombie. Things couldn't get much more fun, and Nym couldn't help himself from smiling.

With uncanny forsight the overly flourishing, flashy robed wizard, makes two curt gestures, and snaps out a hurried three syllabile word, as sparks fly from his lips. Pointing with three fingers on his right hand, his index, middle and ring, which glowed red against his pale skin. Color's reaching their vibrant apex quickly became a orb of roaring flames about four inches across and streaks towards the awekward undead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inti: (1d20+6)[8]
    Cast Orb of Fire, Lesser:
    To hit (ranged touch attack): (1d20+4)[11]
    If hit, Damage (fire): (3d8)[18]
    ((This is all of course if the zombie is alive when it's my turn))

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Order of action:

19 - Tauah
    13 - Trynfar
    12 - Byron + Kiba
    11 - Aruk
    10 - Zombie
    8 - Nym

oh and a roll for Trynfar (dwarf cleric) (1d20)[13]

now I'll give experiment a chance to get a post in again, before NPCing his character.
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-02-21 at 04:53 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I think it's safe to say that he isn't there))

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry, RL getting in the way, will get a post in tomorrow. I'm afraid it looks like you won't have a rogue, at least for now.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

13 - Trynfar
    12 - Byron + Kiba
    11 - Aruk
    10 - Zombie
    8 - Nym

Tauah sems to simply fail to exist any more

Being the last one to enter the trap door, Trynfar moves slightly futher down. He then reaches into his bag, and takes out a handful of the stones again. Still glowing, he scatters them downwards, slightly away from the ladders end.

{The zombie is now clearly seen, and more shapes are more defined further out.}

Byron moves deliberately down the ladder, finding himself facing the zombie at the bottom.

Lightly dropping from the ladder, and over Byrons head, Kiba takes a swing at the creatrure, his attack strikes it, but fails to penetrate its thick skin {miss due to natural armour}

Laughing as he goes, Arruk follows Byron down the ladder, stood next to him at the bottom

The zombie grunts at the disappearance of its first target, and takes a swing at Kiba. Its blow very nearly lands heavily in Kibas side, but swings slightly wide and strikes the ground again.

Nym had much greater luck with accuracy. As the arcane power launches from his hand, it strikes the zombie squarely in the chest. It staggers slighlty, clearly in pain. Small chunks of flesh drop from the wound and it roars again. {18 damage to the zombie}

More shapes begin to shuffle towards you. They are clearly recognisable as human zombies.

{next round}

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Pausing, Nym decides to gather from the arcane energys around him, instead of the spell's memorized in his mind. Holding forward his right hand, he clinches and twist his fist and a ball of fire exploded where the undead stood, making a plume out to five feat.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Reflex save for half damage.
    Damage- (3d6)[11]

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiba growls quietly. He decides not to go with two swords, but stick to just 1 for now.
    He swings at the zombie who struck him.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack - (1d20+9)[11] (*Headdesk*)
    damage - (1d8+4)[10]
    Last edited by Volug; 2008-02-29 at 08:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arruk

The gnoll unsheathes his falchion and takes a swing at the closest zombie, his mouth still open but the laugh gone, replaced with the concentration required of battle.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (d20+9)[19]
    Damage - (2d4+8)[14]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Byron

With his hammer readied, he concentrates and the light it glows with intensifies. "By the light of Pelor, begone from this place!" he shouts and swings at the nearest zombie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my Sun Devotion feat, my weapon deals +5 sacred damage to undead for 1 minute.

Attack: (1d20+7)[9] (heh, just as good as you MasatoHyuga)
    Damage: (1d8+9)[14]
    Last edited by lordsigmund; 2008-03-01 at 06:10 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

13 - Trynfar
    12 - Byron + Kiba
    11 - Aruk
    10 - Zombie
    8 - Nym

Trynfar hurriedly casts bless on everyone (+1 attack rolls, +1 save vs fear. I'll add this to your rolls, snce trynfar had first go)

Kiba's next swing with the sword goes wide again

Byron too manages to avoid striking the beast

Aruk has much greater luck. His falchion swings through the air and bites deep into the zombie. The creature falls with a slight moan, and lies on the ground more or less motionless.

{the closest human zombies are now 10 feet away from your group. There are 10 of them in total, 5 of which will reach you next round}

Nym, seeing the trogolodyte zombie fall, turns his arcane attention to one of the approaching zombies. The zombie ignites, and falls striaght to the ground, deader than before.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quickly relizing they won't kill all the zombies before some body reaches them, Nym makes a sweep, and gesture with his hand, pulls forth a piece of cured leather from his cloak, and repeats a three word trigger to bring forth a translucent force that covers his entire body. After that, Nym falls back into casting, deciding that the spell before was as effective as any he again clenchs his fist and twist, as a plume of fire blooms in the midst of the slow undead.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Cast Mage Armor and then activate m Fiery Burst Spell
    Damage on hit- (3d6)[12]))

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arruk

Wrenching his blade from the fallen corpse of a corpse, Arruk growls and charges forward towards the nearest human zombie, swinging his blade with more force than before.

Spoiler
    Show

Charging for +2 to attack, taking -2 on a power attack, for an overall +0 to the attack roll, +4 to damage, and -2 to AC.
    Attack - (d20+9)[18]
    Damage - (2d4+12)[16]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Byron

Not missing a beat, Byron spins after missing the zombie, now falling to the floor, and turns to face it's friends. He charges at the nearest one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging for +2 to hit.

Attack: (1d20+10)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+9)[15]
    Last edited by lordsigmund; 2008-03-01 at 07:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

*Is finally able to post*

Just to make things quick in case site goes down again, Kiba charges a Zombie that isn't being attacked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power attack -2 to attack roll
    Charging for +2 to attack roll
    -2 to AC till next turn
    -----
    attack - (1d20+9)[28]
    damage - (1d8+6)[9]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Confirming Crit!
    Spoiler
    Show

crit confirm 19-20 - (1d20)[2]

If yes... (Not sure if charge counts on this too....)
    crit damage - (1d8+6)[11]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

19 - Zombies {next round}
    13 - Trynfar
    12 - Byron + Kiba
    11 - Aruk
    8 - Nym

Seizing the initiative upon the new opponents, the party rushes them.

Trynfar casts bulls strength upon Kiba, and holds his ground. His job here is to support and view the party, so thats what he'll do. {Kiba +4 STR}

Byron hurls himself forwards, smashing his weapon into the creature. Th zombie buckles and collapses, not dead (I need a better word for that) but almost there. (15 damage)

Under the power of Bull strength, Kiba shoots off at another zombie, spearing it traight through. Unfortunately the penetration fails to deal extra damage. but the zombie still flinches. (9 Damage)

Spreading the party further, Arruk dives off after another creature. His blade hits home again, slicing straight through the zombie and felling (that works better) it in one swing.

Nym is wreathed in arcane energy, and then flames launch from his hands. A zombie catches alight momentarily, and bits of charred fless drop from its torso. It still continues to advance. (12 damage)

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Staring determined at the closest zombie he waves his hands in mystical patterns, releasing a tiny bit of bat guano and pinch of sulfar into the air and shouting to the plane of fire calling forth a bit of it's magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    (( If there is three or more zombies bunched together I'll cast fireball in their area (It must also not effect any of my fellow party members.

Damage: (6d6)[23] (+1 to caster level from Fiery Burst Feat

If there isn't I'll just go for the closest one, with my Fiery Burst feat,

Damage: (3d6)[13] ))