New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default The Foolamancer = Christopher Walken?

I just found these forums and am glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the Thinkamancer looked like Margaret Thatcher and loves the Foolamancer's King Lear- and It-quoting ways.

I've got to ask, though - does anybody else think the Foolamancer looks a lot like Christopher Walken?

Erfworld page 77

When I stare at it, it doesn't look like as much of a resemblance, but every time I first see the Foolamancer, I think "Christopher Walken!" And this isn't the kind of comic where I can dismiss that out of hand.
    Last edited by The Blind; 2008-01-26 at 12:29 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The Foolamancer = Christopher Walken?

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind View Post
    I just found these forums and am glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the Thinkamancer looked like Margaret Thatcher and loves the Foolamancer's King Lear- and It-quoting ways.

I've got to ask, though - does anybody else think the Foolamancer looks a lot like Christopher Walken?
    To my mind he does look more like Walken than like Tim Curry, who spoke the line "We all float down here" in the TV adaptation of It.

On the other hand, in the fourth panel here he has a closer resemblance to Jack Nicholson as the Joker.
    Last edited by Rollin; 2008-01-26 at 07:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Foolamancer = Christopher Walken?

Yeah.. I think it's the hairline and crazy eyes that keep making me see it. That and maybe I want to imagine Christophen Walken as the Foolamancer. Nobody makes being demented look more fun

I missed the Nicholson reference there. Doesn't get much clearer than "you joker!", does it?