New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild HQ IC #2

Iva

Poking her head into the library(?) Iva takes a quick look around at the people gathered there. Everyone here is part of the guild....

Having heard the bits and pieces of last few comments by the people seated in the SPAM meeting she just had to speak up. "Now whats with all this disguising business, and hun do you have any idea how messy changing your hair color with charcoal is, not to mention how long it takes to get the stuff out. Take it from someone who has tried hiding her hair, the best way is to draw people's attention elsewhere."

Iva takes a few steps further into the room but stays standing.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Marko

"Temporarily coloring your hair shouldn't be a problem, either directly with magic, or using it to apply or remove the charcoal," Marko offered in response to Iva's concern.

Spoiler
    Show
    The old "Color" cantrip from AD&D could make longer lasting color changes. Does the current incarnation of Prestidigitation cover that, or would a color change revert after the duration expires (i.e. one hour)?

3. - Top - End - #153

Spoiler
    Show
    Because Matthew was using this spell such a lot I was looking for ways to limit its power and one of them, for Matthew at least is that I was saying only objects (not people) could be effected for the hour. However I don't think that cautious limitation should necessarily apply to others so if Marko says he can do it that would probably be fine. Maybe the Gnome natural ability is slightly different etc.

Prestidigitation wording.

Matthew:
    Hm. Interesting. I'd like to see that trick Marko.

Well it seems like we have a lot of hidden talent here in the guild. If the war goes badly we could always start up our own theater group. Several volunteers for the acting roles. I'll go and check with the sisters to see if they can help with the illusionary fiends and the opening of the portal effect. I think we could have quite a performance on hand here. Apart from the lead role we could have "victims" who just act like they are fighting / being killed by demons from the far side or whatever. Then we need concerned by standers to help whisk the injured and perhaps "dead" off before anyone else can get a good look at them.

Kyte do your abilities with disguise also extend to disguising others? I think it would be good to make the lead role look younger too.

According to acting ability by standers could be "sobbing and distraught" or more sort of "shocked and blank".

Dravick how much do you think your friends at the Empty Tankard could be trusted to be in on this being a little performance?

OK I'll quickly go find the sisters to ask them.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DavidByron View Post
    Dravick how much do you think your friends at the Empty Tankard could be trusted to be in on this being a little performance?
    Dravick:

"I trust them. At least the regular employees, some of the regular customers are nothing more than drunks, so it'd probably be best not to let them in on too much. I can talk to Gil about this, and maybe Stacy would be willing to act as a 'victim.' I think we've got a good plan here, I just hope that it gets some results soon enough. As for disguising identities, I probably ought to disguise myself as well, unless you want people to recognize me and give them someone to look for."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Oh, acting. Never done that.

Listening to the conversation further passed the idea to Zan's head that there would be a heavy part in their success played by theatrical performance. This concerned him... after all, he had never acted in his life. Well, he had, but he put the "I am a cleric of Nerull" implication a bit too far, and didn't want to go there again. He had read extensively on theater, though, and hoped that Matthew might select him to do something.
    The universe's least interesting world is this one. Yay for imagination!
    Avatar by the amazing Shades of Gray

6. - Top - End - #156

Meanwhile....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Matthew finds the two sisters and asks them if they could help out with the illusion stuff; they say yes.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DavidByron View Post
    Kyte do your abilities with disguise also extend to disguising others? I think it would be good to make the lead role look younger too.
    Kyte

"...no." Kyte answers, after Matthew has finished speaking.