New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Thing: A Werewolf Game

Since we got no leads it would be foolish to kill...anyone today.
    I say we wait one more night..perhaps that fire-thing can kill one for us or something.
    Besides my vote is just a symbolic one, I know that the most of you want to lych someone today so my vote do not matter in the long run.
    I just dont want to be a part of a band-vagon against a person that im not sure is a thing.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

The losses of the past few days hit us hard, and as we began the new week, we disintegrated into random finger-pointing. Or did we? Rogue's comment stuck with me: how could I be sure how many of my men were infected? Could they now be trying to pick us off, one by one?

MadHatter was one of the quiet ones. No one knew him that well and he didn't bond with anyone. Still, I mourn his passing.

He got into an argument with Mordokai in the break room, levelling his rifle at him. That ended the fight right there, but MadHatter had dug his own grave; at that point, enough people were convinced that they mobbed up and chased him down at his own quarters.

I wasn't there, but Madhatter was smoking, I was told, when they burst into his room, guns pointed and with a flamethrower in hand.

"So ... my turn next, eh fellas?" he said. "It seems my time is up, then. I'm sorry that most of us are probably gonna die out here, but I guess fate makes fools of us all sometimes."

"We know what you are, MadHatter," someone shouted. "Prepare to go to hell, you murdering bastard."

MadHatter remained eerily calm. "Hell," he said thoughtfully. "Well, I guess tonight I'll have supper with the devil tonight, though I expect to see a few of you guys down there with me soon enough. I hope you kill those Things before they can escape ... but my expectations are low on that one."

He stood up then. "We are in a world of s**t," he said. "So good night, good luck, and thanks for all the fish." He took one last long drag on his cigarette before tossing it aside and closing his eyes.

They opened fire then, and he went down in a hail of bullets. When it was obvious he wasn't going to rise, they set fire to his body anyways right there in his room, just to make sure.

But it wasn't necessary. It never was.

MadHatter was lynched. He was a Grunt.
    Night 8 will now begin and will end on Monday night, or sooner if I get night PMs in before then.

Player List:

Spoiler
    Show
    Darth Solice
    Freshmeat
    Raiser Blade
    Keris Rain
    Bushranger
    Vavaara
    Travelling Angel
    Ominous
    Mustiado
    Fleeing Coward
    Haruki-kun
    Mordokai
    Onasuma
    Banjo1985
    Emperor Demonking
    topher
    Aemoh
    Irbis
    I'm da Rogue!
    Doseki
    Darkbane
    coolgaelbert
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    KerfuffleMach2
    pankake
    MadHatter
    Dr. Bath
    Eita
    Eksar Lindisfar
    Eldritch Knight
    Kay
    JMK
    Someonenonotyou
    Zombie pixe
    DemonicAngel
    Fin
    Ranna
    Ramebriz
    gnome4ever
    Shadowcaller
    LeoMan

3. - Top - End - #333
    Halfling in the Playground

Eksar's face was transfigured in horror...he stopped liking Mordokai...but that was not enough reason to attempt to kill him...he knew that now, they needed a better hint to get those things down...Eksar walks towards the commander

"sir...I think we must destroy the last chopper...we have almost no chance..."
    Aoki Neko avatar by Quinsar (thanks a lot)
    Eksar avatar by Shades of gray(thanks a lot)
    Full-plated Eksar by Qwernt (thanks a lot as well)
    Thanks to Meynolds for additional avatar
    Thanks to all those who nominated me for Leeroy ITP
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

4. - Top - End - #334

As I predicted...we are now killing persons randomly!
    Face it, we are not going to survive this anyway so yes, lets burn the chopper.
    Lets brun this entire camp so the monsters cant survive here, please do that while we still can, it might be too late very soon.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

I appeared in the break room while Eksar was there with a few others —Fleeing Coward, Shadowcaller, Eita, onasuma, da Rogue, Irbis, banjo, Mustiado, Dr. Bath and Vavaara. They quieted their voices, but I knew instantly what they had been talking about.

"I'm in agreement," I said to Eskar. "None of us are getting out of here alive. Let's blow the damn chopper so none of them make it out either.

We went to the hangar to blow up our last means of getting out of this miserable place. Thankfully, the wind hadn't picked up, so we were able to trudge through the snowbanks with some ease.

As we walked, I wondered if any of my companions were aliens, and they were simply biding their time to attack. Or maybe they had accepted the destruction of the chopper as inevitable, and wouldn't bother to stop us. Maybe they figured that, after they killed all of us, they would only need to wait until another team came by to rescue them.

Or maybe the other Things were laying in wait for us.

When I slid open the door, at first all I saw was the glinting yellow of its eyes. But then it was flying at me, and suddenly I was looking into a re-tinged maw filled with swirling tentacles that slid around white six-inch long fangs.

I got out of the way in time to see it land in the snow. The Thing was standing on four massive paws. Its body was a writhing mass of black, scaly flesh and small tendrils that burst from its flesh and flopped lazily in the air. Its heads were vaguely like a hounds, though its fangs sprouted outward from its mouth at an angle.

It was a creature from out of our worst nightmares, to be sure, and the sight of it sent my men screaming.

That's when I realized the Assassin was with us, because suddenly there was a figure encased in blue flame standing amidst the snow. Fleeing Coward made the mistake of getting between them, and the Thing took him down, clamping those massive jaws down over his torso. As it shook his body back and forth, sending blood flying everywhere, that blue flame went spiraling outward, immolating both FC and the Thing's head.

But even that wasn't enough to kill the monster. Even with its head ablaze with blue flame, it went loping off into the snow.

Suddenly, there was an explosion, and I saw Eksar Lindisfar running out of the hangar. Smoke came billowing out of the doorway as I heard him shout, "CHOPPER'S BLOWN! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

I headed back for the Outpost as fast as I could, but as I moved, I heard a scream and the sound of gunfire coming from near the toolshed where Darkbane was immolated. More shots rang out, and then there was a bestial cry of something inhuman.

I caught only a fleeting glimpse of a hand clawing futilely at the air as it was dragged underneath the snow. There was a pit of some kind there in the ground, and the hand was reaching outward. I ran forward and grabbed at it.

"Don't let go!" I shouted. "Please! Don't let go!"

But whatever was below was too strong, and suddenly the hand was being wrenched down into the pit. I heard another scream, and then a sickening crunch.

I stayed there for a while, too shocked and perhaps hoping I would die as well. But finally I rose, and turned back to the compound.

Fleeing Coward was killed by the Assassin. He was a Grunt.
    Another player was infected by the Things. There are now a total of eight things.
    Day 9 has begun and will end on Good Friday.

Player List:

Spoiler
    Show
    Darth Solice
    Freshmeat
    Raiser Blade
    Keris Rain
    Bushranger
    Vavaara
    Travelling Angel
    Ominous
    Mustiado
    Fleeing Coward
    Haruki-kun
    Mordokai
    Onasuma
    Banjo1985
    Emperor Demonking
    topher
    Aemoh
    Irbis
    I'm da Rogue!
    Doseki
    Darkbane
    coolgaelbert
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    KerfuffleMach2
    pankake
    MadHatter
    Dr. Bath
    Eita
    Eksar Lindisfar
    Eldritch Knight
    Kay
    JMK
    Someonenonotyou
    Zombie pixe
    DemonicAngel
    Fin
    Ranna
    Ramebriz
    gnome4ever
    Shadowcaller
    LeoMan
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-18 at 12:14 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Greg the Grunt shakes his head sadly.

"Well my friends, we appear to be arsed. Another few kills and the Things have this base under control. I say we take out Vavaara now, and hope for the best."
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2008-03-22 at 04:52 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

7. - Top - End - #337

((You know the things really reminds me of zergs in the starcraft novells, just read one today (yeah the whole book in one day) and they are also into the dna capture thing))

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

"One by one... They're gonna kill us all..." Vavaara says quiveringly as she backs away from the pit. "They'll just keep coming... they won't stop till they've taken us out and left our corpses in this icy tomb..." Turning and taking a few more steps, she fell to her knees and retched the contents of her last meal onto the snow. Looking up, a foul taste in her mouth, she eyed those around her until her eyes settled on Aemoh.

*Vavaara points at Aemoh*

((Heavy rains and severe wind knocked out an electric cable near my home out here in rural California, thus explaining my lack of pointing last day-phase.))
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

9. - Top - End - #339

"Destroy the entire base.... It's the only way to be sure.... Kill everyone here and make sure that the Things can't escape...." Eita said somberly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My old avatars, in order of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    If the players don't, its a glaive to the face.
    I was tempted to just have that say "Its a glaive to the face."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

"For the lack of better ideas, Vavaara, you die today! And may Gods, if they really exist, have mercy on your soul. Ours as well."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

11. - Top - End - #341

Shadowcaller suddenly jumps up, he seems filled with almost fanatical energy.

The end is approaching, some us will die, the others will live.
    Traitors, monsters and fire controlling madmen walk among us but yet we are the ones that have killed the most of our commrades.
    Our fear and untrust have made us into killers ourself, monsters that just can watch other humans die without any guilt.
    Is this our inner instincts? Is this what we truly are without any shells of cilivization around us?
    I dont know the answers for these questions, but one thing I know.
    We will all die here, but I for one will not die with any human blood on my hands.

With those words Shadowcaller just sits down all his energy lost in one rush of words.
    People close to him can see that his lips are still moving but the words are now too quiet to hear.
    ((vote for no-lych))

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

"... We can't afford not to take someone... not anymore, man..."

--Rocking back and forth in the corner, Mustiado nods his head towards Vavarra--

"Take her next, man..."

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343

"Vaavara it is, then."

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

*points right back at Vavaara*

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

The Pyrotechnic grunt points his flamethrower at Vavaara and shakes his head.

MWN MWAMWMW? MWN?
    <Why Vavaara? Why?>

16. - Top - End - #346

"Vaavara seemed to me a good soldier, and someone that might be able to overcome with a plan to get rid of the things...what reason do you have Banjo to kill Vaavara?"
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

*points at Vavaara*

18. - Top - End - #348
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Ranna rushes around, big smile on her face*

Guess what guys guess what!! Ive found my gun and my bullets and my flashlight... Isn't that just fantastic?!?!

*In her haste, she kicks a footlocker by mistake and feeling the sharp pain looks down at her feet*

Aaaww man when did I loose my boot? What am I supposed to do without my boots? That really hurt and what if I step in a puddle?! No bluddy good at all!! Say Vavaara we look like we'd have similar sized feet, you got some spare boots?? I'd need a left one.
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing the not-so concealed glares of hate directed at her, Vavaara slowly pulled herself together. They thought that she was one of those... THINGS... even the thought of it made her flesh crawl. Turning slowly, she walked towards her room. "I... I think I need to lie down... I don't... feel so good..." Reaching the door, she leaned against the frame and used the wall for support until she reached her bed, after which she lay down and fell into a fitful sleep.
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

20. - Top - End - #350

Defeated and hollow, Eita merely follows the lead of the mob. He no longer cares about anything, and indeed now believes that killing someone while he or she were still human would be more of a blessing then a curse.

((Vavaara))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Barbarian in the Playground

DA points one of his knives towards Mordokai.
    "I believe you were infected and your using their esteem to follow you. I am not a lamb. you will not fool me."

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

22. - Top - End - #352

"I believe in Vaavara...and I will make responsible myself for what results in trusting her...therefore I insist, what reason do you have, Banjo, to kill Vaavara, when she tried to find a pattern out of the deads and tried to get a smart solution for this whole problem?"
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

23. - Top - End - #353

Eskar is right I dont think Vavaara is one of those monster.
    Anyway...now when we are at the end of the road I just want to say that im sorry for all the bad things I might have done and the things I might do to you.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-03-21 at 06:22 AM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eksar Lindisfar View Post
    "I believe in Vaavara...and I will make responsible myself for what results in trusting her...therefore I insist, what reason do you have, Banjo, to kill Vaavara, when she tried to find a pattern out of the deads and tried to get a smart solution for this whole problem?"
    "I must admit that my point at Vavaara seems to have gained unexpected momentum. I've pointed at her for one reason. Last night one amongst us came to my room, and asked me to point at the one named Vavaara. Having no leads I agreed. If it turns out to be wrong then I will reveal the one who led me to my point and we can have our revenge."

Greg looks a little non-plussed.

"But based on the votes so far, a number of the heinous Things must have voted for one of their own if Vavaara is indeed a Thing. Either they no a lost cause when they see one or she is innocent. I guess we'll see when the sun goes down."

25. - Top - End - #355

"It is possible that they do not know about each other," Eita unexpectedly said.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356

"hmmm...ok...but trial and error brought us to the actual situation, we have to discuss properly the reasons and vote smartly, althought quick"

Eksar looks at Mordokai, Banjo and then to Eita

"hmm...what exactly do we know about the things? let's gather the facts so we can have it more clear"
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Greg the Grunt seems to have some form of epiphany.

"It appears I may have been duped. There is one amongst us who has been directing forces to their will, and it has found us a great manyThings. But recently this force has gone awry, and I have been told this person has been subverted and may have drawn to the side of the Things. So, I point at you Mordokai, and hope that my change of heart is not too late."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

With the night nowhere in sight, I just decided to vent sleeping a little bit earlier this day. Whatever the result of out actions would be, I just couldn't wait anymore.

((I think we're due for update here ))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

((Sorry I'm late, everyone, but I wanted to give the two players getting autolynched one final chance to post. Because you know what? GAME'S OVER! Tune in tomorrow to see the ending of The Thing!))
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-25 at 01:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360

((I really want the humans to win becuase I always want the "good guys" to win...
    But sadly they wont win this time))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-03-25 at 07:09 AM.