New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Thing: A Werewolf Game

Tad curious FoE, what would you have done for the Twin-kill? Fury? Cold rage? Telepathic kill?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My old avatars, in order of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    If the players don't, its a glaive to the face.
    I was tempted to just have that say "Its a glaive to the face."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

It would have depended on the target. If it was a Grunt, the method of execution would have probably been something mundane, like slitting their throat, while using telepathy to get close to their target. If it was a Thing, they would have to be torched. And if it was a Psychic, the surviving Twin would have used a psionic assault.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are we getting official trophies for our roles in The Thing? If not, I might make myself one, horrible though it may be.
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Me no draw as good as me speak the English.

5. - Top - End - #395

Most games recruit someone else (like Dr. Bath or AS) to make trophies.
    Just my 2cp.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes my children won, as I always knew they would!!!

It was a great thanks for the enjoyment.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Pixie in the Playground

I don't know if I've got a right to type this and I'm sorry, but...

That was THE BEST Horror story that I've ever read! I've been following the entire Thing game, and I have to admit it's the one that got me itching to try Werewolf games! Kudos to everyone who participated!
    Thank You JasonDoomblade for the cool Guan Yu avatar AND the new DW6 signature! May I worship the ground beneath your feet!

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by Mingchan View Post
    I don't know if I've got a right to type this and I'm sorry, but...

That was THE BEST Horror story that I've ever read! I've been following the entire Thing game, and I have to admit it's the one that got me itching to try Werewolf games! Kudos to everyone who participated!
    Yeah FOE narrating was really good, helped build the atmosphear of the game.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-03-29 at 09:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

Might as well share my "death scene" with everybody now that it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil
    Mordokai was in the kitchen, looking in a cupboard, when Haruki-kun appeared out of nowhere, leaning on a counter.

"You were looking for me, Mordokai?" Haruki-kun said.

Mordokai shot Haruki back a puzzled look. "I'm sorry, what ....?"

Haruki smiled. "The Commander," he said. "I'm him."

Mordokai's face lit up. "Are you serious?" he said. "How can I be sure? Darkbane didn't know who the Commander was ..."

Haruki sighed, looking away. "It's a pity I couldn't save him," he said. "I had looked out for him, but I couldn't save him from the Assassin."

"Do you know who that is?" Mordokai asked. Haruki nodded. "Then we have to tell the captain!" he said, moving out of the kitchen.

Haruki caught his arm. "That might not be the best idea," he said. "The Captain may be ... working for the other side."

Mordokai pulled his arm away. He looked at Haruki suspiciously. "How do I know you're not working for the aliens?"

"You trusted the Captain and led him to Darkbane, correct? I'm afraid you need to trust me as well." Haruki beckoned with a wave of his hand. "Come with me."

His instincts told him to turn away, but remembering that Darkbane died putting his trust in him, Mordokai felt compelled to reluctantly follow.

Haruki led him wordlessly to another portion of the outpost, and finally to the entrance to a large storage room. He opened the door to reveal three people standing there: Aemoh, Ranna and Dr. Bath.

"HA HA HA HA! Nice to see you, Mordokai! HA HA HA HA!" Dr. Bath said, in between fits of manic laughter. Mordokai stared at him; that one had always been a strange one.

"Come in," Haruki beckoned, stepping into the room. However, Mordokai paused outside.

"I don't like this," Mordokai said. "How do you know you're all still human?"

Aemoh stepped forward. "Mordokai," he said. "We're some of the few humans left in this outpost. The only way we'll survive is together. Please, trust us."

He took out his knife then, and drew it across his hand, cutting a thin crimson line in his flesh. Drops of blood trickled forth, falling to the floor of the storeroom.

"Look," Aemoh said. "If I was a Thing, this cut would heal right up. Now do you believe us?"

Ranna stepped forward. "Come on, Mordokai," she said. "You have to trust us."

Mordokai stood before the door for a moment, then stepped through. Haruki closed it behind him.

"Thank you, Mordokai," Ranna said, stepping towards him. She reached out his hand and took his ... before thrusting the other one into his stomach, piercing his uniform and his flesh with the long spikes into which her fingers had suddenly transformed.

Mordokai tried to scream, but suddenly Haruki was behind him, clamping his hand over his mouth. Ranna's hand worked itself around in Mordokai's innards, causing him excrutiating pain

"Now how does that feel, hero?" she said, as Mordokai struggled and contorted in Haruki's unnaturally strong grip, trying to break free.

Finally, he blacked out, and fell silently to the concrete floor. A pool of blood spread outward on the cement around his body.

"Did I do well?" Aemoh asked, a hopeful look on his face.

"Yes you did, brother," Haruki answered. "And now you get your reward?"

Aemoh's eyes widened. "I get to be one of you?!"

Haruki smiled. "Indeed," he answered. "Dr. Bath, if you would."

Dr. Bath stepped up, using an unnaturally long nail to slice open a deep cut on his palm. "This won't hurt us as much as it did for poor Mordy over there," said Bath. "Although it might hurt a little."

He then clamped his hand over Aemoh's, allowing his blood to mix with the Traitor's and his cells to enter the Traitor's body. For a moment, Aemoh stood silent, but then collapsed in Haruki's arms, as every organ in his body shut down.

A few minutes later, he awoke, his brain on fire with new sensations and memories of worlds conquered. He was Aemoh ... and yet he was not, as he was now part of a greater whole.

"Welcome to the team, brother. HA HA HA HA!" Dr. Bath said.

Mordokai arose a few minutes later, soaked in his own blood. Ranna walked over to him, and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Say hello to the new you, Mordokai," she said, with a sweet smile.
    I find it very, very good Oh well, it was a nice way to go. Lessened the pain a little
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

If you're still searching, I'm up for drawing trophys. Just PM me with how you want them to look.
    Trophy(/ies)
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Barbarian in the Playground

I knew you shouldn't be trusted right after the first vote you won for us, making everyone know you knew who is the seer. But no, dont listen to the Grunt. [/rant]

nah, not really, good game guys, I really enjoyed it, and will always remember it as my first time :)

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Right after I found the first Thing I knew I'm dead. Looking back, a wise course of action would be to let Eita take the lead, since he was the twin. If he got infected, onasuma would simply kill him AND let us know the identity of the thing that infected him. I doubt it would work since thing knew twins identites, however. This just shows you that unrefusable recruitment sucks, even if it fits the theme.

Still, it was good run. And admit it, I was your best lead anyway Which, unfortunately, led to your doom.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

13. - Top - End - #403

This is my "death scene" a bit more spartan if you know what I mean

From FOE: Shadowcaller, you have been infected by the Thing, namely Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. With infection, you also come into the realization that Dr. Bath is also a Thing.

Shadowcaller. You do not have an infection or a kill ability, but you can kill humans by lynching them. Remember, you're not playing for the same side anymore — your goal now is to destroy your former comrades.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

That's because the method of your infection was described in the thread itself. You were the solider infected by Lord Fullbladder before he was killed by the Assassin.

@V: Probably not, but if enough people bug me about running it again, I'll consider it. Send your PMs, people!
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-29 at 06:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello people, I was watchng ths game as it progressed and it came to a really good ending. I was wondering though, if you were planning to run a second Thing game?
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

BUG!!!

But something I was wondering: people were talking about how "unrefusable" recruitment is hard to balance. Does this mean that there are games with refusable recruitment? (And if so, how does that work? )

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Just like it says. The recruiters PM the narrator with who they want to recruit, and the recruit-ee PMs the narrator back whether or not he accepts recruitment.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

I assume refusable recruitment games also have night kill, right? To prevent one team from just refusing all recruitment and lynching the helpless recruiters?

19. - Top - End - #409

That's because the method of your infection was described in the thread itself. You were the solider infected by Lord Fullbladder before he was killed by the Assassin.
    Never noticed that post in the thread...missed my own infection.

20. - Top - End - #410

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    I assume refusable recruitment games also have night kill, right? To prevent one team from just refusing all recruitment and lynching the helpless recruiters?
    Usually refusing recruitment leads to death.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My old avatars, in order of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    If the players don't, its a glaive to the face.
    I was tempted to just have that say "Its a glaive to the face."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

While I suspected that Dr. Bath was a Thing, I kept putting off torching him for various reasons. His RP as the Flamethrower almost screamed to me that he would be one of the few that people would unconsciously trust, mainly because of the flames and the Things hate of fire.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Roleplay to the rescue! But I didn't choose to be a pyro for that reason. It's just because I find them inherently amusing. But well done things. Goddamn we're awesome...

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Torches Dr. Bath*

Where's your bubble-bath now! That's right, evaporated! MWUAHAHAHAHA

Good show, nevertheless.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

After just watching the movie I must say I'm deeply disgusted by myself since I helped things win

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    After just watching the movie I must say I'm deeply disgusted by myself since I helped things win
    Well, it's not like you had a choice.

You can see why I thought it would be a good basis for a Werewolf game, right?

26. - Top - End - #416

Watched the movie right before I joined the game...
    Was close serval times when I wrote my replies to just reveal myself as a thing or leave obvious clues that I was.
    At the end right before the things where going to win I actually thought for a second of revealing everything to the humans. (I never truly considerated that)
    Thankfully I did not go that far, it would completly ruined the game.
    My spirit of sportmanship prevented me.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-03-31 at 01:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, here's that medal I said I was going to make myself, standalone, mini, and with text:

Spoiler
    Show

And here's the Psi-Nine Medal, which I made while monkeying around with mine:

Spoiler
    Show

Grunts and other roles are plain out of luck unless you ask .
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: The Thing: A Werewolf Game

whoops, you know it really is a pity that i caused the things to win...

still, there are always more games...
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

*sigh* I'm still trying to find a copy of the movie...the local library only has a VHS tape.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Halfling in the Playground

Hiyas, Im Sheen. I've been watching the entire game and I love it! I'll sign up for Thing 2 if its possible