New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Anarchy in the D&D (IC)

Aaron

Smiling widely, Artur bobs his head. "Bandits too big for their britches! Well, that is certainly a job for we stalwart few! Yes, doubtless they will flee in terror at the mere whisper of our approach!" He pauses. "Buut... just in case, perhaps some more detailed tactical information might be forthcoming? Such interesting details as how many, what methods they use, where they are from, all the little things...."

While waiting for a response from the kobold, and without turning to look at his servant, he speaks softly. "Bassanius, go to the room, pack everything we own, and equip yourself completely. Then return here." Silently, the servant turns and walks away.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renar

"How exciting! And I can't just let everyone else leave, now can I?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I stated he was armed, he's ready

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

"Methodth?" the kobold asks incredulous. "There ith no method to them. They hunt and kill ath they pleathe. They thtep from the thadowth of the foretht to thtrike, then fade away ath though they were never there! Thethe wandering monthterth are a menathe to the peathe!"

"Before tonight, they attacked only in groupth of three or four. There are many more of them in this attack, though. It ith like every band of thethe evil elveth within a hundred mileth came together. There mutht be at leatht two dozen!"

(Okay, the lithp thing has already gotten old for me, but I'm still gonna keep it up)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Ugh... once more into the damnable cold of this heathen land of hellrime and damp. Sir King, I wall require transportation, if you would have me bring the might of Bast the Avenger upon these... men. His haughty sense of self projects even through his servile statements, and he stands, drawing his cloak about him, the cat seeming to disappear.
    Last edited by Torger; 2008-02-03 at 11:06 AM.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hengist Magnusson, Huntsman, Woodsman, Norseman.

5. - Top - End - #35

Your statements are nowhere near servile enough to hide your disdain for your liege.

"You require something from me if I would have you!" replies King Paladin in anger. "I do have you. I have your oath - break it, and you are doomed to be forever exiled from every land you have ever touched."

"You have your feet, Sir Xerxes. That is your transportation!"

6. - Top - End - #36

DwarfClericGuy

Then, sir, I fear that your holdings will fall. Expediency is, I had thought, key. No matter. I will be guided by you in this matter. Offering a half bow to the incompetent twillick on the the throne, Xerxes turns on his heel and begins his departure from the hall.
    Last edited by Torger; 2008-02-03 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Comma fault.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renar

"Oh, it's only an hours ride away. Admittedly, a lot can happen in an hour, but if we work we should get there before morning!"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

Returning from his room, Val approaches King Paladin.

"My lord, might I suggest that it would be most beneficial to you if you provide us with some form of transportation. If we retaliate with speed, it will quell other upstarts from trying to usurp your empire."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm changing my color to red to keep from confusion with Xerxes and Val. Also Diplomacy check! (1d20+7)[22]
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

9. - Top - End - #39

"Indeed, Sir Val. And see, Sir Xerxes, how one should treat their king. Yet, I think the Baron is safe for now. He and his kobolds can see far better than the elves with the moon's light hidden by the storm. Our enemy will not attempt to enter the caves until dawn.

"Still, take the horses. Oh, you have not yet visited the barony, have you? This kobold squire will show you the way"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

"My thanks my lord. I shall see to it that these upstarts are put down like the dogs they are." Bowing once more to King Paladin, turns to leave for the stables.
    The Emperor Protects

11. - Top - End - #41

The stables are at the back of the temple's great hall - off in the distance beyond the light of the bonfire, but still in the same room as you. You take a torch from one of the pillars, and head off into the darkness treading your way carefully among the debris of a thousand years.

You pass by the slave quarters. Most of the berry-gatherers and fisher-slaves are passed out exhausted on their beds of rotting grass, although one disobedient wretch is chained to the wall, passing in and out of a torturous sleep.

You also pass the mysterious sealed door before reaching the stables.
    Last edited by Jay Emby; 2008-02-03 at 03:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

Poor souls, they don't deserve this. Thinks Val as he passes by the slave quarters.

Upon reaching the stables, Val picks out a steed and begins to speak with it while waiting for the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Out of sheer boredom, but it may do something, Handle Animal Check! (1d20+1)[20]
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-02-03 at 03:28 PM.
    The Emperor Protects

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

" Excuse me King, may I be informed of our strategy so that I know how best to use my spells?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renar

Attempting to block out the cries of the lone disobedient slave as he walks behind the squire, Renar furrows his brow and appears lost in concentration.

As soon as he reaches the stables, he searches out one of the more nimble horses (less powerful as they may be)

Spoiler
    Show
    Searching for a Light Warhorse (or horse, I guess)

15. - Top - End - #45

"That is for you to decide. As long as you save the baron, how you do it is of no interest to me - until tomorrow night, that is. I expect you'll have a grand tale to tell around my Round Table."

(That's essentially my view as DM, too: The task has been set, have at it. For entertainment purposes, the goofier or more outrageous or more heroicly or creatively or whateverly you go about it the better.)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

Bassanias clanks back into the room holding an impressive Halberd. "Well, I guess its off to the royal stables to get ourselves some horses!" He painfully rises from his chair, then slowly walks off in the direction of wherever the horses are stabled.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm ready to go, just flavorposting along until we get there :)
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-02-03 at 04:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Just flavor posting till everyone gets here

Gilgimesh

Looking up Gilgimesh spies the approaching Aaron, looking away from his horse for a moment, Gilgimesh gives a repectful nod towards Aaron. "Greetings, I do not believe I have had the pleasure to be introduced to one such as yourself. My name is Val. Might I inquire your name?"
    The Emperor Protects

18. - Top - End - #48

(I'm just a gonna wait to give the rest of the players a chance to get involved. There's a decent chance at least one of them will want to do something more here. This game is already moving far faster than I expected!)

(Also, Superbowl . . . be glad I didn't name your giant-killing liege King Patriot )

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

"Ah, hello there Val, hello. My name is Aaron, and I hail from far, far south." He grins gruesomely. "Have your already inspected the horses? I'm afraid I'm not much of a rider... I'll just select something that looks safe." Without turning his head or otherwise acknowledging the figure behind him, he speaks... "Bassanius! That horse on the end. And that sable one two from the end. Put saddles on them. Then lead them outside."
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-02-03 at 04:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dart

During the whole situation, Dart continued to eat quietly, his hands appear to have writing on them in Draconic. The mentioning of religions seemed to get a look of interest but still no words. At the liege speech he stood quietly waiting for the others, after a polite bow to the king. The mention of horse lead him onward, but the site of the chained slave stopped him. His face gave away his feeling of pain, he leans to the slave,

"Why do you hang here?"
    , if the slave doesn't answer he continues on to get a horse.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for my lack of posting its been a busy weekend.

21. - Top - End - #51

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Xerxes walks through the squalor of the slave community, commenting to himself. These b'k are terribly underfed and malnourished. Even the meanest of prisons should not hold squalor of this nature. Death would be preferable... He pauses by a man on the wall, and then makes a decision.

This man does not deserve that which he posesses. Perhaps one here would take his vengance... H'dj! Waiting for the next crack of lightning, Xerxzes speaks a single word in a fel tongue, and the lock holding the man to the wall crumples into nothingness. Moving on, Xerxes picks a horse that does not appear too mangy and prepares to depart.

Spoiler
    Show

One Baleful Utterance later, and I'm on my way.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dart

Thrown back by the unexpected act of Xerxes, dart palms the slave a gold piece before moving on and grabbing a horse hoping that his feelings that the man didn't belong there are right. Think deeply,
    Maybe I misguided this one. I wonder what this deity Bast codes are. Something tells me this Xerxes will survive long enough for me to learn this.

23. - Top - End - #53

The slave is too disoriented to do more than grunt, perhaps in gratitude or perhaps in shock, before passing back into unconsciousness.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

"Then, if I have any say in it your prison will soon be filled.". After saying this Sam walks to his room and gets his crossbow & a good dozen bolts. He'll then head over to the stables.

If he sees the slave & the 2 standing by it he'll ask "Who's that?"

If he doesn't see them he'll just try to find a docile horse.

Spoilers are made by putting [ ]'s around the word spoiler at the end you write [/spoiler]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

A man dressed in a fairly drab blue tunic followed the adventurers, having been present at the Round Table when the injured Kobold had burst in. In fact, he had been there beforehand, arriving neither too late, nor too early. He had said little to the others seated around the king, the shortbow laying on the ground next to him indicative enough of his profession of choice to most individuals. He had simply sat and watched, observing the others and their reactions. When the general call for revenge had gone up, he had adopted a look of grim satisfaction, simply rising from his seat and gathering the bow and his arrows. All in all, it was as close as one could get to being a typical archer- cool, detached, and calm.

All of it, however, was a lie.

Zasabi, or as the King and his men knew him as, Samuel, quietly entered the stable after pointedly ignoring the slaves' plight. As far as he was concerned, the King's stupidity and lack of forethought was legendary as it was; This was merely another show of it. Slaves, like any other resource, should be kept in optimal conditions. Otherwise it was a waste. Perhaps it was callous of him to think such a thing of fellow sapient beings, but he himself had risen from a similar state. If these slaves wanted their freedom, they would have to grasp it for themselves.

He began searching for an easily tamed and docile horse. A skilled liar and trained archer he may be, he was most definitely not a member of the cavalry. Mounted traveling was something he definitely did not do phenomenally. It would have to do, however.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, thanks! So then to test out the rolling of dice...
    Edit- I guess it doesn't work if you're editing it in the post. Oh well. +3 to search then..
    Last edited by Zasabi; 2008-02-04 at 11:25 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

This sounds exciting.
    Sir, I fear that they may require my healing and services. I will also go, to help protect these lands.

I rush to the stables and take my master's old horse, now once again the king's, but atleast I know it and it knows me.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gilgimesh

Upon seeing Xerxes coming closer, Val bids Aaron's leave and jogs over to talk to
    Xerxes.

"Xerxes is it? I beg your forgiveness if you took offense to my earlier deeds. I hold the king in no high regards, and I agreed with your idea that we should take horses to the Baron's aid. I did not mean to upstage one such as yourself. I hope you did not take offense in anyway." Bowing his head in a respectful nod, Val continues, "If I may ask however, would you be willing to tell me more of your god? Bast was it? I am unfamiliar with her teaching and as an avatar of her power, I feel that I may gain further understanding from one such as yourself."

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe everyone is here but just in case they are not, More Flavor Posting! I'm curious to find out more of one such as Xerxes. We can do it in PM's if you would rather do it like that Torger, its your call. Also note that my part of the conversation is easily to hear, so if you feel like your character should be able to hear what I said, go for it.
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-02-04 at 07:55 PM.
    The Emperor Protects

28. - Top - End - #58

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Xerxes spares the approaching inquisitor a single glance before mounting his horse and moving toward the exit. He began speaking as if the man was following and listening, making no effort to hide his words. I take no offense. I've no room in my soul for petty grievance in the face of my task. The actions of yourself, our incompetent patron, or any of these others have little meaning to me. Bast is the goddess of cats, vengeance, and retribution. My Mistress has sent me Isis as a guide, and thus have I come to this Northrealm. It is she who rights the wrongs, and who exacts harsh and lasting vengeance from the undeserving, the usurpers, and the false.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

(Voth, who or what is Gilgimesh?)

After outfitting the horses in their head to tail leather rain-cloaks, Paladin's knights head out into the raging storm. The arrogant Xerxes, outsider to this strange land, dares to take the lead, as Val and the rest follow.

You pass through the stable entrance and immediately the driving rain stings. The darkness of night is all-consuming. Your meagre magical light cannot penetrate far into this bleak storm. It's only during the brief flashes of lightning that you see beyond the nose of your horse. A fireball explodes in the air not far above your head, wisps of burning plasma whirl and streak across the sky. You feel the heat upon your scalp.

You pass the giant's skeleton - and though its ribcage is wide and tall enough to ride through - you ride beside it before turning past its skull to follow the swelling river. Onward the horse trudges. It'd be folly to press them, even with the great danger that Baron Thistle faces, so you go carefully. Cursing the storm, yet knowing that as long as it persists the elves cannot press their attack.

Lightning flashes. Fireballs explode. Halfway to your destination, acid begins to fall with the rain. You can hear it sizzle upon your rain cloaks, you can see your horse's rain gear melting. It crosses your mind more than once that you should just screw the baron and find some shelter. This weather is not fit for anyone. You realize, perhaps not for the first time, that this is among the cruelest punishment a slave has endured. Yet you continue on, hoping your leather cloaks survive.

The storm still has not relented in the least when the kobold squire - Qyiop - suggests that you should stop. Through the white flashes of lightning and dull red glow of the fireballs, you see that you have reached the point where the surging river enters the baron's gorge.

The barest hint of dawn fingers through the sky downriver.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

"I believe we should split up here and attack the sieging army from both sides." If anyone else has a plan please speak up. We are pressed for time.

((So Sorry! I need to get more sleep. Wrong character name.))
    The Emperor Protects