Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Anarchy in the D&D (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't just let the man die now can I? :P

Val

"Ha ha! alright then one for you." Val says with a laugh before his face turns towards the elves. "I share your hopes for a peaceful way out of this but I doubt they have any intent to talk before they attempt to kill us. We shall try but always remember this, never let your guard down when your in a fight. Even if the opponent is dead, he can still do harm to you."

Turning back to look over his shoulder, Val checks to see if anyone is following them. "Looks like it may just be you and me. Well on the off chance we don't survivor, it was a pleasure to meet you." Val laughs and turns forward preparing to meet the elves in combat.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Xerxes draws himself up to his full, not inconsiderable height, and fixes the upstart with an equally black gaze. You lose yourself, churl. A few well-places blasts from this company at the cliff-face opposite can easily create an avalanche, but if you would prefer to cower in the shadows and strike like a snake, then by all means. Their numbers are as worthless to me as your ill-bred opinion. You have already earned my ire. Do not compound your error this day.

He turns with a flourish of his cape, following the other two, his long legs devouring the distance. Over his shoulder, Xerxes calls back to those left behind. Any who wish to carry out actions that actually affect our fate would do well to follow. Otherwise, by all means, remain cowering, and wait for death to come to you.

A tangible aura of fel power begins to surround Xerxes, fueled by his ire, and head-sized loose rocks begin exploding around him as he walks after the other two.

Val, wasn't it? It would seem that the wrath of your god and mine will be put to the test this day.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hengist Magnusson, Huntsman, Woodsman, Norseman.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

"It appears so. Care to joy are little bet?"
    Val says with a smile. "I've bet Dart here that I can kill more elves than he can, think you can beat me?"
    The Emperor Protects

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Samuel scowled as the bastard of a mage turned to follow Dart and Val. "Good riddance, then." He muttered as he turned to the rest of the party. "So then, what are you lot going to do? Follow those fools into death, or let them slow down the elves while we get into a viable ambush spot?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

"Look. Right now they are basically single file, its probably the best time to attack them... before they are all clustered up. Lets all just stop this frikin bellyaching and set up to attack them as they approach the altar."
    He gives each of you a hard look in the face... and with his face, its a hard look. "Or we can all sit here bellyaching and they can ambush US." He turns and walks down the trail to join the attackers. "Come, Bassanius."
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-02-15 at 09:05 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renar

"Is there any reason we can't do both? The more magically minded among us go and attempt to set up an avalanche, and the more martially minded stay out of the way, set up an ambush, and pick up the straggelers. Certainly, I won't be useful chipping away at bits of rock"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zasabi looked to Renar with a look of relief. "Finally, someone with a brain. So let's find a decent spot that will allow us to catch them."

Samuel would proceed to scout out the area for a decent location for an ambush, preferably close enough that if everyone decided to go insane and attack the elves, he could provide support. Preferably from a distance.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cefos
    Cefos swings his mace menecingly. We need to save their prisoner. Whatever we do, we need to do now.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Halfling in the Playground

So Dart heads out to the fight, followed by Val, Xerxes and Aaron (with Bassanius).

Zasabi and Renar hold back to set up an ambush when the first wave fails.

I'm not sure about Cefos. I think he's heading out with Dart but I can't tell.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any time tonight to start up this fight. Fridays, eh? I'll do it tomorrow - and hopefully I'll be feeling writerly creative. A couple questions, though, for the first wave.

1)are you casting any spells in preparation for the encounter, or doing anything else?

2)Are you guys charging in weapons first, or are you gonna try some parley first? If it's parley, could I get an idea of what outcome you're seeking, and what approach you're taking? (Example: you might tell me that you want them to surrender through intimidation; through diplomacy; or some other more creative means. Or would you want to perhaps turn them to your side, attempt to join their side, trick them into something else? As far as parley goes, the options are endless. And whatever you might want to try may very well work.)

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Yeah Cefos is following Dart.
    As for parley etc. he has a really high diplo stuff, but I don't think he's in the mood. Right now he wants to kill.
    The only spell I have left is my domain spell, magic weapon.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

O_o Can I use cards for Parley? :P If anyone gets that reference you get an e-cookie. I'll use diplomacy to attempt to parley with them. Val would attempt to appeal to their ego, and other positive aspects. If you want me just let me know.
    The Emperor Protects

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

OOC: Actually, since everyone but him and Renar? are attacking the elves, he's going to proceed to get into a good spot where he can aid the party from a distance, perferably at little danger to himself(so, for example, a small overhang close enough to allow him to strike more or less at will while keeping out of danger. He'll help Renar up if he wants to follow him, or do his best to keep the enemies off of him if he wants to help the others.
    Essentially, Spot or search a good attack spot, climb up to it if necessary, and proceed to fire at the elves and help out anyone who seems down and out...with the exception of Xerxes.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to hide while the parley group parleys.
    If the "sacrifice" is conscious I'll cast message at him & ask him about the attackers.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

If Parley goes well Dart will do nothing. If things seem to decline he will cast fist of stone and attack those armed with sharp weapons. (Come on every bloody elf can use a longsword.)

15. - Top - End - #165

DwarfClericGuy

No real interest in parley over here. You wanna try, go ahead, but I'm gonna stay back around 60' and Eldrich blast some mofos. Assuming they don't bow to their obvious betters.

Anyone gets close to me, baleful utterance on their weapon.

This is just in case I'm in abstensia over the next few days.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Well, no real actions to annotate, but I'm going to find a place where the rest of the party is in view and I can get into range within 2 or so rounds, but still be concealed. Basically, I'm with Zasabi))

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

OOC: Oops! Double post!
    Last edited by Zasabi; 2008-02-15 at 10:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

Anxious to kill something, Xerxes lets loose with his eldritch blast the moment that an elf steps into sight. The blast tears into the unsuspecting fey, who staggers back, heavily injured but still standing. Everyone's a little suprised by this, but Dart manages to cast his spells in preparation.

Some of the elves duck their heads, the one Xerxes hit dashes sideways through the woods, while others scatter, perhaps tactically, perhaps in fright. Y'all lose sight of which was which, and you're not sure if you know where they all are.

Dart also notices that the elves to his right are armed with spears (That'd be the left side of the map)

Initiative:
    Renar 24
    Aaron 21
    Xerxes 14
    Zasabi 13
    Cefos 13
    Dart Init 9
    Val 5
    Sam 4

Elves last

19. - Top - End - #169

Oh, if the map ain't clear: the green circles are trees, the really thick blue line is the river, the brown circles represent the druidic circle with the altar in the center, and the black lines are the cliffs.

Torger, with the way they scattered, the two elves closest to the bottom-left of the map are potential targets for dropping the cliff on, as would be anyone else with 3 squares of the cliff. (I know that means 15 feet away and may seem way to far, but I don't care).

One more thing, guys. I should introduce a houserule I use, and which Torger would be employing by "blowing up" the cliff (umm, check the OOC thread)
    Last edited by Jay Emby; 2008-02-16 at 11:10 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cefos
    Magic weapon on nearest melee fighter once it's my turn. Then I go sreaming in with flail held high.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quickly taking stock of he situation, Zasabi would whisper to his comrades "If you can sneak around and climb down, we can attack the elves from behind."

Spying a small overhang near the group, Zasabi would cautiously make his way to it, taking advantage of the rocks nearby to avoid the most rain. He would use this spot to fire arrows at the elves, delaying his action until one decided to try running up to the group, or at least get within 30 feet of him so that he could utilize his most useful skills.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the ****ty post. I'm tired beyond belief this morning :D

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

So much from negotiations Val sighs and then moves towards the closest two trees, attempting to remain hidden as to get the drop on an unsuspecting elf.
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-02-16 at 01:34 PM.
    The Emperor Protects

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renar

Silent now that battle has been joined, Renar hefts his spear and approaches the elves, staying in cover if at all possible ((Trying to move towards the three trees that are one up and two right (or so) of Aaron))

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dart

After a short curse about the blast in Draconic. "The ones on the right are mine.", casting Expeditious Retreat, dart runs towards the Elves with the spears as quickly as he can get there. If chance attack with fist of Stone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fist of Stone attack (1d20+4)[20] and damage if hits (1d6+4)[10]

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

[b]Aaron[b]

Aaron points and fires his crossbow, aiming for the injured elf if possible, or another elf if that elf is in partial or full cover, then moving forward 10 feet.

Bassanius takes advantage of the sling tied to his wrist, whipping a sling bullet at the same elf (if it survives Aaron), then moving forward 10 feet.

Spoiler
    Show

Aaron
    (1d20+1)[19]
    (1d8)[2]

Bassanius
    (1d20+3)[21]
    (1d4+5)[7]

26. - Top - End - #176

Renar slogs through the mud up to the rear of assaulting party.

Loverboy and his "pool-boy" focus their strikes upon the easiest target - the only foolish elf not to have cover, dropping him to the ground with a bolt in his gut and a stone in his face. Dart curses loudly about them taking his kill.

Xerxes also curses as his eldritch blast flies through the air and smashes into the cliffside, bringing a boulder down upon the elf corpse, only raining dirt and dust upon the elf beside the corpse.

Zasabi moves into sniping position above the party and slips between some shrubbery to hide.

Cefos managed to cast magic weapon on Val the round before, while Xerxes blasted the first elf to get this party started. This round he charges forward toward the elves. He slogs through the muddy bank and springs into the river. He leans into the rushing water and wades through, but before he can reach the middle of the river, he is slammed by a wave that toppples him over and sends him crashing downstream. (This will require a Strength check next round to stop being carried away farther; keep failing these checks and you'll suffer some bruising damage. I rolled a 1 on the d20 for you this round; my d20 has a skull in place of a 1, but that doesn't mean anything. Not at all.)

Dart slogs through the mud and leaps through the river more agilely, reaching the other side and continuing on until he stands toe-to-toe with a damned dirty elf. Dart's veins start flowing black again.

In the confusion as the battle begins, Val slips into the river and slides out the other side. He sidles up to a tree and hopes he hasn't been noticed.

--

The only elf in melee reels in his spear and stabs at Dart. he lands a solid blow on the bold transmuter, but Dart ignores the pain as the spear has no effect.

The elf between Dart and Val, thinking himself very brilliant tactically, hefts his quarterstaff and moves to flank Dart. His path takes him within reach of Val. The monk leaps from behind a tree - cobra-style! - and utterly fails to connect with this ambush of opportunity. Magic fist and all, he just slaps at the air. The elf, surprised, nonetheless carries on to Dart. As the only one to directly confront the elves, Dart must be the most formidable foe. It'd be best to take him out quickly. The elf swings at the transmuter with his staff, but fails to connect even with the help from the flanker.

A third elf moves up from the rear towards Dart, drawing a sickle as he nears. With a mighty swing, he rips the sickle across Dart's chest, dealing 7 points of damage.

The other elves take up defensive positions behind trees. They've already seen two missiles and a boulder! take out one of them. They're a little cautious, not knowing what they're up against and all. All of them but the one flanking Dart has cover.

Initiative:
    Renar 24
    Aaron 21
    Xerxes 14
    Zasabi 13
    Cefos 13
    Dart Init 9
    Val 5
    Sam 4

Elves last

(I can't seem to find a good monk, cleric or warblade smiley. Dart seems very necromancerish, so I'm having a hard time finding one for Aaron, too. Anybody got a good one for themselves or someone else?)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renar

Moving forwards towards the closest elf, Renar hefts his spear and takes, admittedly, an improbable shot, but the only shot available to him at that distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 1 W, 5 S, and attacking the nearest elf (assuming it doesn't have total cover) with my shortspear. My rolls
    (2 range increments consumed, so -4, +2 is -2, change for cover)
    Attack: (1d20-2)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]
    Confirmation, if required: (1d20-2)[12]
    +Damage: (1d6+3)[5]

If it does have total cover, I'll move again to right above it.

Oh, and a possible smiley is the standard Wizard's boards confrontation smiley, located here.
    Last edited by Meloku; 2008-02-17 at 10:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dart

Seeming very concerned about the one with the quarterstaff Dart turns to strike him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fist of Stone attack (1d20+4)[6] and damage if hits (1d6+4)[9]
    [/QUOTE]

29. - Top - End - #179

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Suddenly lacking in viable targets, Xerxes moves to the water's edge, selects the nearest elf, and speaks a single work, utterly destroying his weapon.

H'dj!

Spoiler
    Show
    Baleful Utterance
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Doh! I forgot about Sam's message spell.

The kobold is conscious, but highly confused by suddenly hearing you. After the whole "what! Who's that! Where are you?" rigamarole that takes up the first bit of the conversation, the kobold is still not very coherent. He wails about them all being dead, torture, murder, evil evil gods as he pleads with you to save him, save him please.

Renar's spear hits his chosen target, despite the cover. The elf still stands.

(Waiting on Jael)