New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hordes of Chaos [IC]

The boy seems to shrink away from Franklin's touch at first but then seems to realize that he is not there to harm him. After a few moments of being tended to the boy is able to sit up and look around. His eyes fill with tears as he looks upon the fallen women, "Mrs Olsen get up!" he screams and then turning to Franklin he asks "Why are you not helping her?"
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Seth Blackmourn | Human| Necro Sorcerer| LVL 3 | CN |MED
    hp: 9/9 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 10/10/10 | Monks Outfit modified
    Melee Atk |+0 | N/A | Ranged Atk |+0 Daggers | dmg: 1d4
    SV | Fort +2 | Ref +1 | Wil +4||
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    {table] GranShaw|owl| familiar| LVL 3 | - |tiny
    hp: 6/6 |3d8 | 2/(fly) 8 | AC/T/FF | 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 14 |--
    Talons |+5 | 1d4-3| Ranged Atk |- | -
    SV | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Wil +2||
    Str 4|Dex 17|Con 10|Int 2|Wis 14|Cha 4
    Skills|Spot +6|Listen+14|Move Silently +17|alertness|weapon finesse
    [/table]

Spells
    {table]Level 0 | Level 1
    6/6 | 6/6
    Detect Magic | Ray of Enfeeblement
    Read Magic | Identify
    Disrupt Undead | Chill Touch
    Touch of Fatigue |
    Prestidigitation |
    [/table]

Seth mumbles a few words of power and scans the area.(detect magic) as he inspects each of the dead bodies both orc and human. He intensely inspects the wounds that are on each body tracing along them slowly as if looking at them with awe. Over hearing the conversation between the boy and the halfling Seth looks at them both with confusion in his eyes.

"We're here to help? I thought we were delivering goods." Seth shrugs his shoulders then looks to the boy. "Mrs. Olsen has joined the weave. You should have seen it, it was...awe inspiring.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to d5
    {table]Concentration|1d20+7|Knowledge Arcana|1d20+8
    Spellcraft|1d20+8|Use Magic Device|1d20+3
    Bluff|1d20+8||
    [/table]

GranShaw(Owl)
    Size/Type: Tiny Animal
    Hit Dice: 3d8 (12 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 40 ft. (average)
    Armor Class: 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-11
    Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-3)
    Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-3)
    Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: Low-light vision
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 4, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 4
    Skills: Listen +14, Move Silently +17, Spot +6*
    Feats: Alertness, Weapon FinesseB
    Environment: Temperate forests
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating:
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 2 HD (Small)
    Level Adjustment: —
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Seth, you glance around at all the bodies and the wagons and you start to see auras. There are the familiar auras surrounding your traveling companions things. A faint magical aura surrounding Ryesean's sword, the aura of your box tucked safely from within your cart, and the faint magical aura of Conjuration from an object tucked away in franklin's cloak. You see another aura today, it is a faint conjuration aura coming from within a burning cart (K6 to be exact).
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Yuri Sunstrider|Elf|Swashbuckler|3 LVL|CN|M
    hp: 3/19|Init +3|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|17/13/14|Light
    Melee Atk -> |+5 dual sickles|dmg: 1d6+3(x2)|||Spot: +2|
    |+7 sickle|dmg: 1d6+3|||Listen: +2|
    Ranged Atk ->|+6 longbow|dmg: 1d8|
    Saves ->|Fort +3|Ref +5|Will +1|
    STR 13|DEX 17|CON 10|INT 14|WIS 10| CHA 8[/table]

Staggering and leaning heavily against a nearby tree, Yuri, wipes the cold sweat from his brow, surveying the carnage for the first time.

"I may have been rash, Franklin,
    But they were dead either way.
    Action, not inaction,
    Is what wins the day."

Giving a sigh as he nurses the gaping wound across his midsection, he then appends.

"Though if I see more action,
    I'd rather it not today..."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Franklin

Franklin tends to the boy's wounds the old fashioned way, hoping the boy would heal in time. "Do you live around here, child?"

Franklin pulls a small stick out of his vest and points it at Chu. Franklin speaks a word in some arcane language and repeats himself. Two bursts of light zap out of the wand and hit Chu healing some of his more serious wounds.

Spoiler
    Show

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[OOC: Franklin your rolls did not work for the CLW wand]

The child turns his attention from the fallen women to Franklin as he watches up close the magic working. He then answers Franklin's question, "Aye, well sort of, ye see that there was my home." The boy points to the wagon that is on fire as his eyes fill with tears again. "We were gypsies we traveled around selling things we found or traded for. Mrs. Olsen was not my real mum, I never met her....I think she died or something. I always wanted to be a knight and ride a horse into battle. Mrs. Olsen said that I could not because I was a worthless street rag..." The boy looks down at the ground as if he is uncertain, part of him feels a loss of his caretaker, the other part feels a sense of freedom, but there is an overwhelming sense of fear about the future. He continues with a softer tone of voice, "Kind sir, I do not know your name. I have spoken with your people before and they have always been nice. My name is Micheal, but Mrs. Olsen always called me street rag. I have a question for you...I was wondering if you think it would be alright if I spoke to your leader, that knight." The boy points toward Ryesean and waits for Franklin's response.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2008-04-08 at 10:54 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

Franklin

"He's not my leader."

Spoiler
    Show

Apparently previewing a post in a different tab breaks rolls in all the tabs?
    CLW - (1d8+1)[3]
    CLW - (1d8+1)[5]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ryesean Dor
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]{colsp=5}Ryesean Dor|Med|{colsp=2}Human|{colsp=4}Cavalier 3
    {colsp=2}
    HP
    |{colsp=2}
    Move
    |{colsp=3}
    AC/T/FF
    |{colsp=5}Armor & Shield
    {colsp=2}
    13/27
    |{colsp=2}
    |{colsp=3}
    18/10/18
    |{colsp=5}Splint & H Shield
    {colsp=12}
    {colsp=12}
    {colsp=2}
    STR
    |{colsp=2}
    DEX
    |{colsp=2}
    CON
    |{colsp=2}
    INT
    |{colsp=2}
    WIS
    |{colsp=2}
    CHA

{colsp=2}
    15 (+2)
    |{colsp=2}
    10 (-)
    |{colsp=2}
    14 (+2)
    |{colsp=2}
    12 (+1)
    |{colsp=2}
    8 (-1)
    |{colsp=2}
    13 (+1)

{colsp=4}
    Fort +5
    |{colsp=4}
    Ref+1
    |{colsp=4}
    Will +0

{colsp=12}
    {colsp=12}
    {colsp=4}Melee Attack +5|{colsp=8}(+3 BAB; +2 Str)
    1h|{colsp=3}Bastardsword +1|
    +7
    |
    1d10+3
    |
    19/20x2
    |{colsp=5}+1 Magic; +1 Weap Focus
    2h|{colsp=3}Bastardsword +1|
    +7
    |{colsp=2}
    1d10+4
    |{colsp=2}
    19/20x2
    |{colsp=3}+1 Magic; +1 Weap Focus
    1h|{colsp=3}(Mounted) Lance|
    +6
    |{colsp=2}
    1d8+2
    |{colsp=2}
    x3
    |{colsp=3}+1 Weap Focus; 10'Reach
    2h|{colsp=3}Lance|
    +6
    |{colsp=2}
    1d8+3
    |{colsp=2}
    x3
    |{colsp=3}+1 Weap Focus;10'Reach
    1h|{colsp=3}Heavy Mace|
    +5
    |{colsp=2}
    1d8+2
    |{colsp=2}
    x2
    |{colsp=3}
    {colsp=4}Range Attack +3|{colsp=8}(+3 BAB; +0 Dex)
    .|{colsp=4}||{colsp=2}|{colsp=2}|{colsp=2}
    {colsp=12}
    {colsp=12}
    {colsp=12}Skills
    {colsp=4}Spot -1|{colsp=4}Listen -1|{colsp=4}Search +1
    {colsp=4}Ride +8|{colsp=4}Handle Animal +6|{colsp=4}Diplomacy +9
    {colsp=12}
    {colsp=12}
    .....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.. ...|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.... .|.....|[/table]
    • Can function up to -3 HP (modified DieHard... -1/Level)
    • Aura of Protection

........|........|........|........|........|..... ...|........|........|........|........|........|. .......[/table][List]

Temperance (Light Warhorse)
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Name| race| class| LVL 3 | LG |size
    hp: -9/22 | | Spd 60 | AC/T/FF | 10/10/10 | armor
    Melee Atk |+4 | dmg 1d4+3| Ranged Atk |+0 Daggers | dmg:
    SV | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Wil +2||
    Str 16|Dex 13| Con 17| Int 2| Wis 13| Cha 6
    Skills|Spot +4|Listen+4|extra|extra|extra
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Size/Type: Large Animal
    Hit Dice: 3d8+9 (22 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
    Armor Class: 14 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +4 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+9
    Attack: Hoof +4 melee (1d4+3)
    Full Attack: 2 hooves +4 melee (1d4+3) and bite -1 melee (1d3+1)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 16, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
    Skills: Listen +4, Spot +4
    Feats: Endurance, Run
    Environment: Temperate plains
    Organization: Domesticated
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Advancement: —

Charity (PAck Mule)
    Spoiler
    Show
    hp: #/# | | Spd | AC/T/FF | 14/10/13 | armor
    SV | Fort +# | Ref +# | Wil +#||
    STR # | DEX # | CON # | INT # | WIS # | CHA #
    Skills|Spot +#|Listen+#|extra|extra|extra[/table]

Ryesean continues pray beside his fallen comrade, single knee, shield at his side, sword tip in the earth with head bowed. "...murmer.. mhmm... her life for his". The knight stands upon hearing the conversation between franklin and the boy. Stowing his sword, he takes a few steps toward them. "Master Franklin is right boy. I am no leader of men or beast. Do not look upon me with awe or reverence. Instead gaze upon a fool with pity and loathing. It may very well be my actions this day that caused the loss of your friends... and mine" Turning the cavalier hurries to wagon thats beginning to catch of its own accord. Using his shield as a scoop, he begins heaving snow at the flames in an attempt to quench the fire.
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2008-04-09 at 10:03 AM.
    ~Ayr

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

The boy seems confused and almost ashamed for asking the wrong question. He watches the knight throw snow upon the fire unable to help due to his injuries. After a few moments, which seem like hours after the long battle, the fire on one wagon is put out but the fire on the second wagon has nearly engulfed it leaving only charred remains.

After a long silence, the boy looks to Ryesean and says in a worried voice, "Sir, what will happen to me now? You are not going to leave me here are you?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I cannot speak for the others, but you will have my protection until we reach our destination. We travel north, to the town of... well the name escapes me. Once we get there we can see what can be done with you." The caviler turns his attention away from the boy and begins to speak to no one in particular. "As for now... we've the grizzly task of tending to the dead. These were no random orcs. My charge should have scattered them like grouse. We should collect anything of value, anything of use lest it fall into bandit or worse orcish hands. Can anyone do justice to the rites of the dead?" The cavalier begins pulling off anything salvageable from the wagons.

Spoiler
    Show

lewt lewt lewt the wagons, corpses, and orcs.
    prep the bodies (including temperance) for... burnination?
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2008-04-10 at 01:22 PM.
    ~Ayr

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

One wagon is scorched, its contents burned beyond recognition. As you try to poke around in the charred coals you find nothing but hot ash and burning wood. The other wagon proves to be more fruitful. You find three boxes (large, medium, and small).

If you open the boxes
    Spoiler
    Show

Large
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a masterwork breast plate without an insignia. This breast plate could be worn alone our as part of full/field plate.

Medium
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a clear glass orb about the size of your head but perfectly round. It is filled with a lucid green liquid. Their are rags inside of the box which you assume are for handling the orb.
    [If you cast identify]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is an orb of healage - 30 charges. Each charge restores 1HP/round. The orb can be refilled/recharged by casting healing magic upon the orb; for every 2HP cast into the orb the orb gain 1 charge.

Small
    Spoiler
    Show
    The box is locked
    [Open locks DC: 20; Smashing it: hardness 5, HP 1, break DC 17]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The chest contains 3000 sp and a deep blue spinel gem

After looting the orc bodies you find 5 orcan greataxes and 1 masterwork orcan greataxe. 5 orcan sets of chainmail and one piece of orcan breastplate. 2 flasks of greekfire and a 300 gp.

After looting the bodies of the humans you find 14 cp, 4 knives, a darkwood buckler, a shortsword, and a bag of tobacco. There is also three mules. Two still attached to the half burned wagon. The half burned wagon is unusable and the other wagon no longer resembles a wagon but a pile of burning wood.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2008-04-10 at 02:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

You pile up the bodies to be burned. The boy has tears in his eyes, but you are not sure where they are from, is it because he has lost the people he called a family or is it because of the uncertain future or maybe a bit of both.

After a few moments the boy approaches Ryesean and asks, "Sir, I hope I do not seem rude. But I have no money and my friends are dead, are you just going to drop me off in the town, Bigbear, to the north?" The boy continues and his words become faster and higher pitched as his anxiety about what he is asking rises. "Sir...When we traveled to the south I saw other knights like you with boys like me tending to their horses, weapons, and armor. Can I do that for you? I am a hard worker I can tend to horses and I have always wanted to me a knight like you when I get older. Did you see me fighting those orcs? I think i almost had one of them. I could take care of your things and you could train me to be a knight. What do you think?" The boy waits for an answer, he has a look of shock to his face as if he cannot believe that he just asked this question so directly.

13. - Top - End - #133

Franklin

Franklin helps assemble the bodies for burning, and helps himself to the tobacco, provided it's up to halfling snuff. When the boy asks to join the party as an apprentice he smirks, thinking, Yeah, take care of his horse...oooooo

Franklin also takes the time to melt some snow down and clean out as much blood and gore he can from Olin's coat. The dog shivers at the cold and the wetness, but the bonfire of bodies quickly dries the dog out.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    hp: 6/6 |3d8 | 2/(fly) 8 | AC/T/FF | 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 14 |--
    [/table]

Spells
    {table]Level 0 | Level 1
    6/6 | 6/6
    Read Magic | Identify
    Touch of Fatigue |
    Prestidigitation |
    [/table]

Seth helps the knight with the fire putting it out. He continues to look for the magical object that caught his attention while dousing the flames. When the fire is out he gives a brief search of the rubble thinking most magical items can resist the flames damage. After he is done with the burnt out wagon he perks noticeably when the question of dealing with the dead comes up and eagerly volunteers his services.

He meticulously arranges the bodies with their arms folded across their chests. He lines them up on a crudely made pyre. "The weaves song was song for each of you and you all heard the call. The presence of death surrounded and you and wrapped you in it's enticing blanket. Rest now lucky one as your best adventure is now to begin. Seth looks to the small boy. "You should not weep for them as they have finally achieved their life's mission. Everyones mission is to join the weave. How we enter it is our only decision."

After the bodies are placed eagerly Seth sets the flame to the pyre and watches the bodies begin to burn. He takes in deeply the sent of the charring flesh, another smell that takes him back to the arena days. After he watches the flames for a long long time, Seth then turns his attentions to the orcs and begins to do the same for them. Repeating his phrase in orcan before he sets their pyre a blaze.

Satisfied with the handling of the dead he looks to the crates inspecting the items though only seems half interested.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to d5
    Bluff|1d20+8||
    [/table]

GranShaw(Owl)
    Challenge Rating:
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2008-04-11 at 09:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

The bodies burn quickly and soon the fowl smell of burning flesh fills the air. You make camp here and establish a watch schedule. The night passes quickly with the only sound being wolves howling in the distance. You get your things ready to leave knowing that you will be in the town of big bear by the evening.

[OOC: Anything else you need/want to do here? What are you taking with you?]

Seth
    Spoiler
    Show
    The green orb is what is magical

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rysean looks long and hard at the boy. moments pass with seem like hours, and still the cavalier doesn't answer the childs request. "Quite an impertanant request boy... what did you say your name was, it matters not. You know not what you ask, and of whom. Still it takes courage to have made such a request." The mountless horseman turns his attention mage put keeps his perifrial sight on the boy."all right... heres what well do Boot. We'll see how you take direction and if you can follow simple instruction on you trip to bearclaw. Should you prove yourself worthy... we'll take you as a squire, or perhaps... find you a knight more deserving. Step out of line. Question. Disobey. and its over.... Understood?"
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2008-04-13 at 12:04 AM.
    ~Ayr

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

The boy nods at Ryesean's words and replies ""My name is micheal Sir. I will help you in any way that is possible." The boy then starts helping him in whatever task he can possibly help.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Securing the 3 crates on to the partys wagon, and ensuring the remaining animails are in toe, Ryesean hauls his saddle onto his back and looks at the rest of the group.. "I believe that's everything... shall we continue on?"
    ~Ayr

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

The party continues on in the morning, the air is still and the animals are restless. The new mules stagger slowly behind as if wary of their new captors. The young lad seems enthralled by the prospect of maybe becoming a squire he asks many questions "How does one become a knight?" "What is the best defense against an orc attack?" "What type of sword should you use against a mad dwarf wielding an axe?" "Have you ever pierced someone through the eye with your lance?" "..." The list goes on as the curious mind thinks and wonders at the new prospect.

After a long 15 hour march you arrive at the town of Bigbear. It is a small but sturdy town surrounded by a wooden wall with many guard towers. You can see guards walking along the top of the wall and others standing guard at the now closed gate. The guards lanterns illuminate your faces as you get within a spears throw from the gate. "Welcome, weary travelers. You will find rest, warm baths, and hot stew here." They quickly open the gate and usher you in.

The town seems dead as you enter into the gloomy snow filled town. You see a few building with lights illuminating their windows; a stables, an inn, and a tavern. You also see Keven's store, the place you are supposed to drop off the goods and purchase some pelts, but the windows are darkened. You all look to each other as to where you should start first.

Ryesean
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you are going to go for regency...here is your mission in bigbear.

While in the city of Kutur, you came across some valuable information about your childhood. You were raised the Kings orphanage, a place were you found both warmth and rigorous training. You were outstanding in your swordsmanship and became a squire for a noble of low political ranking.

A few months ago, you overheard a conversation between two old men at a pub. They spoke of the previous king, before the council took over, had sired a few illegitimate children for which the kings orphanage was started. It was a place where unwanted noble children could be kept out of the way.

In speaking with these men you realized that you might be able to take the thrown. One of the men told you to not speak of this to any of your fellow knights for there are members of the council who would kill if they knew a heir existed for the king was supposed to have never sired a son.

Your mission was to go to Bigbear and meet with the old kings adviser Alton who would help you in your claim for the thrown. Lucky for you a merchant was looking for adventurers to deliver goods to Bigbear. Alton does not know that you are coming, you only know that he resides in hiding in Bigbear.

20. - Top - End - #140

Franklin

"Ahh, town. A comfortable bed, a good hot stew, and the prospect of a bath. Excellent. Shall we stable the animals, and check that tavern for our shopkeep? His store appears dark."

Spoiler
    Show

15 hours? That's 7 hours forced marching. Olin, and all of the other animals, would take 7d6 of lethal damage, and were he to survive that, he'd be exhausted. The boy, if he has a normal constitution and NPC hp, would have passed out by now.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

A young man meets you at the stable doors, "The cost is 5 sliver per animal per day and it includes feed."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ryesean ignores the multitudes of questions from the boy. At the first rest stop, he acquires a long 12' tree branch. Taking his tack and harness, and a head sized rock, the cavalier secures pole to the side of the wagon so it looks like a comical over sized fishing pole, rock as the lure. Just prior to getting underway, he explains the game to the boy. "Alright boot, here's the task." Indicating the head sized rock, he hands the boy a large club like stick and the spare shield off of charity. "Once we get underway... that is your target. Every time you strike it you shall sing a verse of the Kings Hymn. For every time you complete the song, i shall answer one of your questions the next time we stop." Looking around at the readied group, Ryesean nods to Franklin and they get underway. Pleased that at the first water break, the exhausted boy rates two questions answered, and only has a small gash on his forehead for his efforts... the horseman affixes the rig to the other side of the wagon, and tells him to repeat the exercise, this time with his off hand. The training continues until once again, the boy rates two questions answered, a much much longer and contusion filled endeavor this time, at which time the squire is rewarded with a ride in the cart.

...upon arriving in town, Ryesean nods to the guards. Looking to franklin, the knight nods in approval. "Aye, the tavern. We should try and roust Kevan and get this over to him. This looks like a safe and wholly lawful city. Our wares should be safe here just outside".
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2008-04-14 at 11:45 AM.
    ~Ayr

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    [/table]

Spells
    {table]Level 0 | Level 1
    6/6 | 6/6
    Read Magic | Identify
    Touch of Fatigue |
    Prestidigitation |
    [/table]

"I will stay with the carts. It would be a waste to come all this way only to have the goods stolen at our final destination. If i could see that green orb to pass the time. It had some magical properties to it but I did not have time to give it a thorough examination." Seth scratches under his owls beak. "Hunt my friend" With a flick of his shoulder the bird launches into the air to hunt for mice or other small animals that may be moving in the dark.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to d5
    Bluff|1d20+8||
    [/table]

GranShaw(Owl)
    Challenge Rating:

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Taking Franklin's idea, you head over to the tavern. As you enter the tavern you see that many individuals are enjoying a pint to warm themselves on this cold winter night. You get a weary look from a table of three dwarves who look like they are on their second barrel of ale. You ask the barkeep if he knows where Keven is and he replies, "He ain't here. Check his shop, but it is mostlikely closed at this hour."
    Last edited by crimson77; 2008-04-14 at 01:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

Franklin

"It did look closed. Where would be the best place to find him if he's not there, and can I get some ale to-go? It is cold out there I would much rather stay in here, but have to get some work done first."
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-04-14 at 01:46 PM. Reason: forgot something, used bad mark-up delineator and typoed

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

The barkeep smiles and pours a wooden mug full of ale. "Just bring the mug back with you next time you come in or you will soon find yourself not welcome here. The ale costs 5 copper." He winks slides the mug towards you and continues, "He usually sleeps in the room above the store, I would try knocking on the door. Just to warn you, he is a bit grumpy at night."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

*repost scrubbed*
    Last edited by crimson77; 2008-04-14 at 02:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ryesean Dor

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]{colsp=5}Ryesean Dor|{colsp=2}Med|{colsp=4}Human|{colsp=7}Cavalier 3
    {colsp=4}
    HP
    |{colsp=4}
    Move
    |{colsp=4}
    AC/T/FF
    |{colsp=6}Armor & Shield
    {colsp=4}
    13/27
    |{colsp=4}
    |{colsp=4}
    18/10/18
    |{colsp=6}Splint & H Shield
    {colsp=18}
    {colsp=3}
    STR
    |{colsp=3}
    DEX
    |{colsp=3}
    CON
    |{colsp=3}
    INT
    |{colsp=3}
    WIS
    |{colsp=3}
    CHA

{colsp=3}
    15 (+2)
    |{colsp=3}
    10 (-)
    |{colsp=3}
    14 (+2)
    |{colsp=3}
    12 (+1)
    |{colsp=3}
    8 (-1)
    |{colsp=3}
    13 (+1)

{colsp=18}
    {colsp=6}
    Fort +5
    |{colsp=6}
    Ref+1
    |{colsp=6}
    Will +0

{colsp=18}
    {colsp=5}Melee Attack +5|{colsp=13}(+3 BAB; +2 Str)
    1h
    |{colsp=4}Bastardsword +1|
    +7
    |{colsp=3}
    1d10+3
    |{colsp=3}
    19/20x2
    |{colsp=6}+1 Magic; +1 Weap Focus
    2h
    |{colsp=4}Bastardsword +1|
    +7
    |{colsp=3}
    1d10+4
    |{colsp=3}
    19/20x2
    |{colsp=6}+1 Magic; +1 Weap Focus
    1h
    |{colsp=4}(Mounted) Lance|
    +6
    |{colsp=3}
    1d8+2
    |{colsp=3}
    x3
    |{colsp=6}+1 Weap Focus; 10'Reach
    2h
    |{colsp=4}Lance |
    +6
    |{colsp=3}
    1d8+3
    |{colsp=3}
    x3
    |{colsp=6}+1 Weap Focus;10'Reach
    1h
    |{colsp=4}Heavy Mace |
    +5
    |{colsp=3}
    1d8+2
    |{colsp=3}
    x2
    |{colsp=6}
    {colsp=18}
    {colsp=5}Range Attack +3|{colsp=13}(+3 BAB; +0 Dex)
    |{colsp=4} ||{colsp=3} |{colsp=3} |{colsp=6}
    {colsp=18}
    {colsp=18}Skills
    {colsp=6}Spot -1|{colsp=6}Listen -1|{colsp=6}Search +1
    {colsp=6}Ride +8|{colsp=6}Handle Animal +6|{colsp=6}Diplomacy +9
    {colsp=18}
    {colsp=18}Abilities
    {colsp=18}
    • Can function up to -3 HP (modified DieHard... -1/Level)
    [*]Aura of Protection[/list]

.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.. ...|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.....|.... .|.....[/table]

Charity (Pack Mule)
    Spoiler
    Show
    hp: #/# | | Spd | AC/T/FF | 14/10/13 | armor
    SV | Fort +# | Ref +# | Wil +#||
    STR # | DEX # | CON # | INT # | WIS # | CHA #
    Skills|Spot +#|Listen+#|extra|extra|extra[/table]

Looking over to franklin, the cavalier nods to the bar keep as he services the halfling. Exiting the tavern, Ryesean gives a small half hearted wave to Seth still with the wagon as he heads across the street. *rap* *raP* *RAP* He bangs on the door of Kevan's shoppe, and then looks around innocently with a quick glance back to see if Yuri or Franklin followed him out. Waiting patiently he bangs twice more on the door hoping to rouse the occupant
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2008-04-17 at 10:11 AM.
    ~Ayr

29. - Top - End - #149

Franklin

Franklin thanks the man and pays up. He carries the mug back with him and heads toward the store. He's behind Ryesean, but he's not following him.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

After the third knock you see a window on the second story become illuminated and then after a few moments a small window in the center of the door opens and a you can see a gnome face with a crossbow pointed out the window. "Dues you know what time it tis? Whats in thee twelve hells you want?"