New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: "Bring your homebrew class" campaign

OOC: Missed my chance to don the chain mail, I'll just put it on after we resolve this.

These Crimson warriors destroyed a town we were in, and we have been following them. Our companion diverted them to save our lives. We have quite an armory ourselves," he rests his hand on his sword, "who might you be?"

2. - Top - End - #242

The ragged men lowers his swords, but still doesn't sheet them.

Destroyed your village you say? Well, I used to be the best hunter of my place, just a few hours from here. Untill the crimson warriors arrived, and they started to boss us around, telling us how to do our stuff. They told us they wanted to "improve our village" They gave the farmers special seeds for them to grow, and our priests special medicines to treat our injured. They actually were best than our own... But then they started to take our food, our cattle. They said we should share what we have, but they shared very little of their stuff. Then they went and said we should give them our weapons, that they only leaded to violence. Arrogant bastards, carrying all those fine swords and armors. I saw what they wanted. They wanted to enslave us, to make us their servants, whitout even risking their lifes.

Me and the other hunters said no, that we had the right to have the means to defend ourselves and to get food and skins. They told us that they would be the ones defending the village now, and we should get another job. Then they tried to take the weapons by force but we showed them we also know how to fight. But then they called more of their friends, and we soon were badly outnumbered. We had to run to the forest here, and we've been here since then. Some of my boys died, others tried to cross the forest to run away...

Sudenly the hunter's face grew pale, and his eyes widened

"I see now... That's what was that great crimson warriors team yesterday. They went looking for my boys who had run away and ended finding that village you spoke off right? Those bastards...I'm so sorry I couldn't do anything to help you."

The hunter then sheathes his weapons and extends his hand.

"Name's Guilherme, and I'm trying to get those crimson warriors away from my home. Say, would you be willing to worck with us? You look tough, and we surely could use some heavy hitters, most of us are light fighters. We know the crimson warriors patrols and defenses, we could help each other a lot in geting our rightfull revenge against them."

3. - Top - End - #243

Throk takes his hand off his sword and extends it. "I think working together could be a great idea. We would probably have trouble by ourselves, as there was only a few of us. If there as many of you as you say this could work out well."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Biyen eventually steps forward and come out with "If we work with you, which does seem likly by the sounds of things, you would have to give us free reign. Some of us here are militarily trained and our actions might seem a little off to you."
    Also do you have a stock of supplies or are you living from the land?"

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy: (1d20+7)[12]
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-04-06 at 09:10 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

5. - Top - End - #245

Guilherme let's out a whistle, and three men and three womens appear from the woods, carrying longbows and crosswbos.

He then shakes Throk's hand while saying:

Well, I'm afraid I lied a little when I told you we had a dozen bows pointing at you. These are the best hands I have left. We have an hideout not far from here, where there are our remaining forces. There are twenty four heads total there, but most of them aren't really warriors, but rather farmers who liked to hunt and trackers. Fourteen of us were captured by the crimson warriors and are probably roting in the fortress they built recently, including our old leader, Telmo.

He then looks back at Ryu, showing a smile.

We've been living out the land. Luckily there's plenty of forage and hunt around here if you know how to look, but I swear, I would give my left foot for a good barrel of beer.

Guilherme then stars conducting you trough the woods, while explaining his plans:

Well, during the nights I've been brewing some plans, and I've reached the conclusion that there are three main ways we could get those crimson bastards out of here(no offense to the mister in red armor, of course).

First possibility, we would provide a diversion from one side, while you would invade their fortress by other side, to free our companions. Our problem was that the interior of the fortress is always guarded by heavy armored soldiers inside tight corridors. I really don't have a chance against them, but you certainly could. With Telmo and our other friends free again, the people of the village will surely join us and togheter the crimson warriors won't stand a chance. They've been weakening our moral untill now, treating us like dogs, but if we can breack their fortress hope will shine again in our hearts.

Second possibility, you could pretend to be wandering mercenaries. Join the crimson warriors. And when you got the chance, kill their leader, Filipe. He keeps his forces in check with an iron fist. Killing him would surely be a crushing blow to their moral. Filipe usually goes everywhere with his elite guard, and togheter they're a mighty force however.

The third plan is the slowest, but safest. We atract their patrols, you kill them in melee. Eventually, Filipe will come out from his fortress, and then we finish him with your help.

Of course, if you have any plan of your own, I'm all hears.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

He stammers for a moment at the crimson armour comment and then leaves Guilherme to finish what he is saying.

"I think I might." He taps his chin momentarily mulling it over. "Your second plan seemed to work for me, its effective and none of us have the supplies or men to draw this thing out. Only, one of our party at least, is already known to the enemy." He turns to the others. "Remember that dwarf? He seemed to know Ezren quite well, I know he's not here right now but we let those kobolds get away so they could have decriptions of us all. My plan is along the same lines but, when I show you this, well you shall all need to trust me a little more than I feel is justified right now." He starts rooting through his pack and reaching into the very bottom he pulls out a cloak with the red-eagle crest embossed in the centre of it.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

7. - Top - End - #247

Guilherme's eyes widened.

You're...You're the deserter the crimson warriors spoke off? I heard some things in the bar when I was in the village....About a crimson warrior who had rebelled, and how they had tried to use magic to "persuade" him to see the true path again. They said he had died in a mission for his own fault. It seems they were lying.

As for the kobolds, I sincerly doubt they're worcking with the crimson warriors. They seem to despise anything too diferent of an human, and have several trophies of orcs, kobolds, trolls. They even treat elfs and dwarves as if they were directly inferior to them. I remembered they talking how they would clean the florest of all the two legged monsters walcking on it."
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-04-08 at 04:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248

Ooc:ready to DM again

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Deserter you say? Hmmm, I dont know about that but I can't say I ever remember signing on with their troops. I woke up about thirty minuites before I walked into that village and found this one obsessing about explosives."
    "If thats the case the idea might not be so hot. As, after all, even you've heard of it."

10. - Top - End - #250

"One way or another, entering the village with that armor and flag will definetely raise suspicion amonb the crimson warriors. But we have someone at our encampment wich is quite handy with disguises. He could make you look like just another traveler with ease. Also, we have still some contacts with the merchants inside the city. If you have the gold, I can send one of my mens to go fetch any stuff you need from the city during the night. They're also willing to buy stuff we get. If you're unsure how much something you have is worth my friend over there is a good apraiser."

Ooc:The last proposition worcks basically like a normal shop. Take the chance to sell what you don't need and upgrade your equipment(cough apraise the exotic weapons cough)
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-04-10 at 05:58 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rathnor hefts his 'buss. "Well, I'd have to support the infiltration plan, primarily because if I can get close enough to get a good shot off at him, I might be able to severely weaken him, if not take him out altogether. On the other hand, if it misses, we'll all be in for the fight of our lives."
    ((I post when I can and feel it necessary to post. Please stop clogging up my inbox with PM reminders that don't actually change my posting rate. Thankee. ))
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

12. - Top - End - #252

"I say we head back to your camp and sell some of this junk we have," says Throk motioning to the saddle bags, "we can't be carrying it around with us. As for the plan, if we were their armor we could easily get into the jails to let your friends go."

13. - Top - End - #253

Ryu

"I agree with Throk here. We should first be rid of our burdens. As for killing the leader, I'm all for destroying their patrols one by one. Perhaps we could let one escape, with fearsome tales," Ryu smiles frighteningly. "I have just the form for that,"

Spoiler
    Show
    This will be edited with our total treasure and my estimate on it's worth. I'll divide it all up and we'll see what happens.

So far, we are sitting on approx 245 GP, 300 SP, 1 healing potion each, 1 elven stone each (which I doubt we're selling), and a periapt of Wisdom. I don't need the periapt, and if no one else does we should sell it, netting us 4000 GP in the process.

That would leave us with 4275 GP worth of buying power. Divided among, what, 4 active party members? Thats 1068 GP, 7 SP, and 5 CP each. Sound like a plan? I'm also going to have to say that taking the periapt will probably prevent you from getting any kind of money for a few levels, since the rest of us would need to catch up by 4k.

Edit: If I'm missing any of our treasure, let me know. I had to troll through the entire thread to come up with this stuff. I'm keeping a list from now on.
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-04-10 at 11:04 PM.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #254

Ooc:You also got the two exotic weapons from the first battle, wich look quite shiny, and Throk took a nice looking pendant. The appraiser of the rebels will tell you that the weapons are worth 2500 Gp each due to the rare materials they're made off, and the pendant seems to be nonmagical and could sell for 750 gp. Also, the periapt of wisdom can only be sold for half it's market price, aka 2000 gp. The potion will cost some money to identify.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-04-11 at 05:08 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Wow. 2,500 gp? Impressive.
    I think it's time for a masterwork upgrade for my 'Buss...))
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

16. - Top - End - #256

Wow, these are worth quite a lot. I say we sell all of this and buy new weapons and armor, selling some of our current stuff for new stuff could be good also.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unsure as to what to but right now so Biyen will just take his share.

18. - Top - End - #258

Ooc:well, if you wanna buy anything with your share(potions, masterwork stuff), then say it. I also would thank you for voting what to do next so I can move on with the adventure.

On the other hand, Experiment and Ezren are out for the moment so I would sugest a pause untill day 20 so we don't have to move with only 3 players.