New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: "Bring your homebrew class" campaign

((Well, I was about to ask how he shot through the tree, so...
    I'll pop up the new map when everyone's declared their actions. The offer to make a map stands at all times, Oslecamo.))
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

2. - Top - End - #62

Ooc:the kobold leader moved before shooting. If you use the left low corner of the square he ends in you see he can get a clean shot at Ezran.

Too sleepy now. Will go to bed and continue the battle when I come back.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-16 at 08:13 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Experiment 14 moves behind the closest bush to the front line and wait for a chance to run and attack the Kobolds.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ryu
    Stat block
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
    10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
    Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
    Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
    Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8[/table]

Ryu darts towards a Kobold and strikes at it, hoping to do some serious damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+3)[5]
    Damage - (1d10+2)[12]

And can we get some number/letters on the map so we can pick a spot? I should be 5 squares from the top and 3 squares from the right. Thands!
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-02-16 at 08:35 PM.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #65

((I'm not quite clear on what Raz is doing. Do you want me to expand the map? We don't quite know what's off the edge, and will probably have to consult Oslecamo about that.
    Oh, and I moved Experiment 14 up to the closest open space behind the bushes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Here's the new map, so far.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

6. - Top - End - #66

Spoiler
    Show
    I would be in E5, by the newly taticalized map
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

(Just tell me when its my turn again lol)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Expanding the map would be good for me. My classes main combat mechanic requires that one move a decent distance. Also, the shot is taken somewhere in between the time I start moving and the time I stop, so there would be plenty of time before the tree blocked my shot. I just rolled really badly.

9. - Top - End - #69

Raz moves left and gracefully shoots while moving, only to fail horribly as the arrow loses itself in the branches of a tree.

Alexander throws the oil and then Bob throws the alchemist's fire, but the distance is too great and his allies are blocking his view so both projectiles fall far away from the Duergar, altough the splash of the flask slightly burns the kobold leader and one of his minions.

The kobolds, one by one, move and attack as best as they can, focusing their fire on Ezran, who is already hurt, and Rathnor, who seems quite threatening. But their aim is nowhere as good as their leader's, so all the crossbow bolts fail to do any damage, passing by side, failing to penetrate the armors and one particular well aimed shot aimed at Ezran's throat fails just because of the cover of the bushes.

This is how things ended up:

Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ooc:Raz rolled a natural 1 so he misses. Alexander and Bob would need a natural 20 to hit the duergar at that distance and with the people on front of him, since alchemist's fire base range is 10 feet. The alchemist's fire landed where you can see the yellow circle with a red border and the oil in the square with a yellow circle.

The kobolds moved and shooted or shooted first and moved then depending on what was best for them, but all the attacks failed to hit. Ezran almost took a crit but the concealment from the bushes saved him. Well, they are kobolds...

Now it's Byen's turn.

Ryu, you may want to change your character's actions, as the kobolds moved away. Also remember that bushes are dificult terrain and slow you down to half speed while over them. So no way your character could reach that square and attack in the same turn.

Unclefesty can keep making the maps for this battle, but this was the easiest way to expand the map and move the kobolds for me right now.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-17 at 10:56 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

An elven expletive escapes Biyen's lips as he realises just how many sharp and deadly things are whiping past him and in responce he joins in loosing the javelin from his hands at the Duergar.

He shouts out "They're a ranged troupe! Dont just stand there front lines! Close in!" and takes the lead by moving to his left and springs over the bush. When he recovers he dives for the cover of the tree ahead whilst drawing his duom.

Spoiler
    Show

attack: (1d20+3)[13] (have not done range inc. (30ft))
    dmg: (1d6+2)[3]
    moves: West, jump to j6, then a combination of N and NE either ending at the back of the tree or if the jump fails behind/in the bush
    jump: (1d20+6)[12]
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-02-17 at 11:59 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

11. - Top - End - #71

Byen throws the javelin, but the weapon breacks itself against the duergar's armor failing to hit a soft spot.

He then manages to jump over the bush and take cover behind the tree.

Ooc:The javelin failed to hit, but the jump check suceeded and Byen managed to reach square H7.

Now it's Throk's turn.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-17 at 12:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

"Die you filthy animals!
    Yells Throk as he rushes the Duergar with his great sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diagonal move to J10, then foward to f10.
    attack - (1d20+7)[10]
    damage - (2d6+3)[11]
    the attack roll gets a minus 2
    Last edited by expirement10K14; 2008-02-17 at 03:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Ryu

Stat block
    Spoiler
    Show
    Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
    [/table]

Having no ranged weapon on hand, Ryu simply races forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm taking a double move 5 feet E to L10, then 30 feet NE to H14, then 5 feet N to G14.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #74
    Banned

Alexander says

"Well, that didn't go as planned... Ehhh"

Alexander decides to spend his next action just taunting the foes. His plan is he'll piss them off and cause thier frustration to make thier combat manuever sloppy.

"You know, I've seen some ugly Duergar, but this one takes the cake! He's uglier then you Bob! He's almost as ugly as his momma!

Whom I did lastnight!

She didn't know it was me because she's a drunk! ALL DWARVES ARE BIG DRUNKS!"

Alexander thinks:
    Heheheh, if that don't piss'em off I don't know what will... I am a tactical genious!

Bob just looks at Alexander like he's crazy and stupid.

"What the hell you looking at?!"
    Last edited by Koga; 2008-02-17 at 07:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

Peform? To make the kobolds amused and pissoff the dwarf.
    (1d20+2)[6]

16. - Top - End - #76

Throk advances and swings but the duergar blocks the attack with his armored arm.

Ryu swiftly advances to the frontline and the kobolds scream at him when his blade aproaches them, despite still not hting anyone.

The duergar rises his hammer and a green stream comes out of it surrounding him. Throk can see how the knight's wound slightly closes, with the blood stoping to pour from it.

"YOU'LL NEED MUCH MORE THAN THIS TO BRING ME DOWN!"-he screams. But his voice seems desesperate.

Then the duergar simply vanishes from sight. But Throk can hear something heavy fall on the ground on the left side of the horse, and then armor clinging near him.

After that experiment 14 follows Ryu, taking cover in a bush and preparing himself to melee the kobolds.

During the action, the kobold leader removes a large shell from inside his weapon, puts it in his backpack and then draws another shell from his belt, placing it in the weapon, where it enters with a loud click. Then the kobold leader takes a step back trying to put his weapon in the shoulder once again while shouting more orders to the other kobolds.

Ooc:

Throk missed. Ryu managed to reach where he wanted whitout trouble. The duergar seemed to heal some of his damage with little effort, and then disapeared. Throk heard something on the left side of the horse. The horse didn't do anything.
    Don't bother with spot checks. The DC is too high right now. However feel free to attack any square where you suspect he may be hidden.

Experiment14 moves to H12, the bush closest to the closest thing to a frontline in this battle, as Ryu is in melee reach with several kobolds.

The kobold leader seems to have recharged his weapon. He takes a 5 feet step left.

Ezren's turn.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-17 at 08:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezren gets sick of waiting and, despite his wounds, rushes towards one of the kobolds. He charges forward with his sword drawn and slashes at one of the kobolds, hoping to drop it quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging to F7 and hit the kobold right there.
    Attack:(1d20+8)[14]
    Damage:(1d8+4)[8]
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Charge closet enemy If I can.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit (1d20+3)[7] and for damage (2d6+3)[11]

19. - Top - End - #79

Ooc:

To everybody-this method of posting your actions before your turn seems to be working better than I tought so anyone feel free to say what you intend to do before your turn arrives. If something happens that makes that play impossible(or irrelevant) I'll just warn you and you'll change your actions.

EDIT:Here is the link to the new Ooc thread. Post there anything not directly related with your character's actions.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...99#post3954199
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-18 at 05:42 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I should be able to move 30 feet and attack legally. I'll move up to I8 and then sideways to I7, forward to H7 and then diagonally to G6. That should be 30 feet and then I have a standard action left.

Ezren moves forward towards the kobolds, despite his injuries, and swings his blade at the first one he comes to regardless of whether it was the one who injured him.

Attack:(1d20+6)[10]
    Damage:(1d8+4)[7]
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

21. - Top - End - #81

The kobold leader easily dodges the blow of the longsword.

Ooc: Ezren misses.

Rathnor's turn
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-18 at 12:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Biyen back to the tree watches as Ezren passes past him. "Its about time" he thinks and steps out following in his wake. The feathers decorating the handle of his polearm flutter past Ezrens head as he uses the weapon to attack the kobold's leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    not sure how reach is over diagonals, i'll presume its like movement, so i'll say biyen is in the bush south of ezren
    attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    dmg: (1d8+3)[10]
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-02-18 at 02:29 PM.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

23. - Top - End - #83

Rathnor grins humorlessly at the Kobold's missed shots. "I figured. The lousy lizards are lousy shots, too. The leader, though, seems a worthy adversary. But I'll show them all what a real marksman is... if only... I could get... this gun loaded... faster! He advances while readying his gun.

((Loading Blunderbuss, 5-ft step forward.
    Sorry it took so long, I've been out all day. I will likewise be out tomorrow, so I'd suggest making the maps instead of waiting for me.))
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Ooc:Raz's turn.

New map will be up after the kobold squad moves.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-19 at 05:16 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Raz curses his luck, then runs slightly forward to remain with the others, loosing an arrow at the rather distinctive kobold in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show

Strafe Action:Move to E6
    Attack:(1d20+4)[7]
    Damage:(1d8+1)[3]
    Strafe Damage:(1d6)[6]
    Note the +1 to attack and damage is from Point Blank shot, as i am now within 30 feet of the enemy.

Can I get some new dice here?
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-02-19 at 10:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Raz fires...And misses again, with the kobold leader not even bothering to trying to dodge the arrow wich passes a good meter above his head.

Alexander taunts, and somewhere on front of him a bodyless voice screams back:

"I killed my mom a good century ago you son of a *****! Now shut up or I'll kill your half orc boyfriend near you!"

The kobold squad laughs and, recharging their crossbows, release a new volley while moving in better positions.

An arrow hits Throk's armor but fails to do damage. The kobold behind the leader tries to shoot past him but misses. The following kobold however gets lucky.

Ezran takes a shot in the leg and falls in his knees. The other nearby kobold, thinking he's finished, steps forward and shoots at Byen, the bolt hiting the lancer in the stomach and making him fall in the ground senseless before he manages to attack.

The kobolds on the other side decide to attack Experiment 14 since he seems much less armored than Ryu, and indeed 2 bolts burry painfully in Experiment's 14 flesh, making him vacilate.

The last kobold decides Experiment 14 isn't worth more atention and shoots at Ryu, who however easily catches the bolt with his shield.

The situation stand like this

Spoiler
    Show

Ooc:

There's no way Raz could have reached E6 with a strafe action. However, since he wanted to advance, and stay more nearby the others, I put him at I6. If Raz wanted to end in another square say so and I'll change the map, but I concluded this is the one you wanted to stay.

Ezran takes 3 damage and becomes disabled at 0HP.(1 move or standard action per turn, half speed, if he uses a standard action he loses 1HP at the end of it.)

Byen takes a full critical and takes 12 damage. He manages to stablize in his own turn but it's still at -2 HP.

Experiment 14 takes 2 attacks for 6 damage each and becomes disabled at 0HP.

Well this time the kobolds got lucky with the crossbows. And you seem to be rather unlucky in the dice department so far. But don't lose your hope! I'm sure you'll get luckier in the next attacks. If not...Well, then I may need to pull out a little ex-machina to save you from a too early unlucky death.

Now it's Throk's turn.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-20 at 11:08 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moves to step out from his cover and finds his legs weak beneath him, as his legs fold and the ground approaches fast a thought inadvertedly flicks through his mind. The tree's aren't built like they are at home... Home? Biyen then slips into the black thats creaping in at the edge of his sight into unconciousnes.
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-02-20 at 09:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

Throk will take a 5 foot step to E11, next to one of the kobalds.

Die you filth.

Throk slashes his sword at the kobald with full force.

Spoiler
    Show

attack - (1d20+5)[12]
    damage - (2d6+3)[10]

29. - Top - End - #89

Throk swings with full force, but the kobold armor absorbs the blow, failing to truly hurt him.

Ooc:Yeah miss again. The forum's dice roller indeed doesn't like you.

Ryu's turn.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-21 at 07:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Ryu

Statblock
    Spoiler
    Show
    Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
    [/table]

Ryu takes a 5 foot step east to G15, bringing his bastard sword to bear, clearly hoping to end this one's life quickly, with so many of his companions on the ground already.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+3)[12]
    damage (1d10+2)[6]
    Luck be a Lady tonight!!! (please?)
    ... guess not.
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-02-21 at 08:53 PM.
    My Homebrew