New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: "Bring your homebrew class" campaign

Biyens head snaps around to the source of the music and to late he realises that some of his comrades are moving towards it. He calls after them "Don't be foolish; stand your ground!" He swears again under his breath and charges after them attempting to leap and weave past the closing branches but finds himself blockaded just next to Ezren. He attempts to encourage him to calm himself and tell him an assault on the tree's might just make things worse but gives up after a while and rests patiently, checking his equipment, stowing his duom and drawing another javelin.

"You think what drew are companions from us and the red eagle force are the same? I'm not so sure but if it is true then they definatly know we are following and have a reason to halt our advance before we reach the main force. If not i would prefer to see if we can catch the kobolds that escaped, save risking them warning their commanders of our path and perhaps avoid a larger ambush."
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

No, I do not believe the Red Eagle forces are behind this. But I do know that we have no idea where our companions might be, and following the path we have been seems just as logical as anything else.
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

3. - Top - End - #123

Suddenly, you hear some sound from the woods. Turning to the origin from the sound, you see Ryu, wtih a pale face, coming from the exact oposite direction he had disapeared. He has an empty look on his eyes as he was dreaming, but as he aproaches you he seems to wake up.

Ooc: Ryu's player said he had been busy with IRL and should be able to post again today. His character doesn't remember anything that hapened since he was lured by the song.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Ooookay... That thar was wierd."
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ryu

Ryu's face contorts as he comes more and more back to himself. "Wait, how did I..." he rubs his forehead. "And why to I feel strangely refreshed?"
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #126

From the same place where Ryu had come from, a new figure appears. At first glance it looks like a male elf. Tall, agile looking. He wears dark green clothes wich look almost identical to the vegetation around. He is well muscled and looks quite strong. His only visible equipment besides the clothes is a small backpack. He looks at the party with a tranquile smile on the face, like that of a cat wich sees a mouse but still isn't hungry and wishes to play. Then he calmly steps towards the party and speacks:

"Aww so you don't want to play anymore dear Ryu? Your companions are still having fun with my mates inside the woods. Well, I guess it's kinda cheating playing hide and seek with enchanted trees for you outsiders, as you're not used at this kind of thing. But don't worry, we won't hurt your companions. As soon as they catch one of us or manage to find the way out of here they are free to go. Ok, sometimes they take some years to do so, but it isn't so much time. I see no reason why the outsiders complain so much when we invite some of their mates to play with us. Heck, in my opinion, most of them actually go out better than they came in."

Taking a deep breath and looking around, he continues, now with a more serious note:

"Anyway, I couldn't stop overhearding your conversation. So you're hunting the warriors with the red eagle? They were no fun those guys. They didn't want to play, and when we tried to persuade them to, they used their magic tricks to repel us. How rude of them. And then they went and destroyed that little village down there. Now that was really rude. Maybe it was only habited by some low mostly boring people, but still they hadn't done anything wrong. Now we have this policy of not interfering with outside matters, but in the last weeks strange things have been hapening besides this. Lots of movement and rude people walking around the forest. My elders even begin talking about exiting the forest for the first time in centuries to do something about it. Now that sounded really exciting. I couldn't resist and I went some days out of the borders of our dear land to see what was happening in the outsider's world, and I must say, I discovered some interesting things. Things that I bet that you would love to know."

With a grin, the elf then looks everybody in the eyes and speacks with a stronger voice:

"It has been quite a time since I got to exercise my fighting capacities with anyone not from this woods. You guys look strong. You killed that awfull duergar and his kobolds. If you can give me a good challenge, I'll tell you more about those red eagle soldiers, and I may even give you a present or two. C'mon, don't be shy. My friends and I will greatly enjoy it".

Then, the elf releases a strange scream, and a group of the what looked like branches of the trees flies out and lands around the elf. Now that you can see them at close, you realize that they are ravens wich have all their body perfect covered by leaves and little plants, except their black eyes.

Ooc:I'll wait 24 hours to see if you acept the challenge or not. The number of plant ravens will be based on the number of players who acept the fight.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezren looks around uncertainly, perplexed by the elf's appearance and challenge. He moves the horse forward a little, and speaks to the elf.

Sir, with all due respect, we just finished fighting and another battle sounds quite wearing. I will of course confer with my companions before giving you an official answer.

He turns from the elf and dismounts, leaning in towards the others.
    Well, you know my opinion. I don't believe the risk is worth the reward. What do you guys think?

8. - Top - End - #128

Throk acknowledges the elf, but turns towards Ezren ignoring him.
    "We should rest first. Regain our strength from our last battle then fight the elf. The information could be worth it."

9. - Top - End - #129

"Either way. I think I could take out all those birds in a single Breath, and all of us together could probably take down the elf. But I could go with either option."
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

10. - Top - End - #130

The elf makes a little bow to Ezren and answers:

Well, if you are tired, feel free to rest whatever you want. It wouldn't be much of a challenge to fight a tired oponent. Unless, of course, I had been the one tiring him, hehehe...

Then the elf sits in the soil, calmly looking around and whistling a little music, while his ravens take flight again and disapear in the nearby trees.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chuckles to himself and, mainly to the elf, says, "Now aren't you a ray of sunshine! Though the deaths that lay behind me still weigh on my conscience, know your spirit has lifted me some. Now to this duel, I should happily accept, first we could certainly use all the help you may spare and second I think it may be fun. ...Now would you choose that I use traditional elvish weapons or are we trying new things?"

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

12. - Top - End - #132

The elf looks at Byen smiling and slowly draws a beatifully crafted longsword from an hidden sheet in his back, showing it to the presents, then he smiles at Byen and says:

Ah, like all our brothers I've been trained in the use of the noble blade, but you're free to use any weapon you want. Specially the dwarf back there wields a very curious weapon I'm anxious to see in action. But I must say, my style of combat is somewhat uncommon for a swordfighter, hehehe...

Ooc: Since it looks like you'll acept the challenge, please choose a formation.

Also, if you still want to pick any flaws or traits, this would be the time to do so. After the battle with the elf, you can't pick any more flaws or traits

13. - Top - End - #133

Rathnor raises his weapon, loads it, and clicks a targeting mechanism into place. He then moves closer to the elf. "I'm ready when everyone else is."
    ((OoC - The targeting mechanism is taking the Precise Shot feat in exchange for the Noncombatant Flaw.
    EDIT: I also need to take Inattentive for Point Blank Shot as the prerequisite.))
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-03-04 at 10:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134

Ryu

Already feeling better, Ryu is still confused by the appearance of the Elven visitor.

"I feel that the information would be helpful, we know virtually nothing about those blasted soldiers. When everyone else is ready..."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezren jumps back up onto the saddle, drawing his sword and bringing his shield around. He trots forward towards the elf and smiles slowly.

Ready when you are my friend. I'll be in front.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

"At your back once again cavalry-man, though this time I fear I'll be the one left behind." He takes a glance at the scenery to better assess which weapon to draw.
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-03-04 at 03:49 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

The elf shows a big grin, and gets up.

"Excellent. Then follow me please."

The elf then goes deeper in the woods, and under some big trees bended in an arch. As you pass by them, you feel a strange tingle, and as you emerge you notice you're in a new part of the forest. Some steps ahead there is a stone construction looking like an arena, with ancient columns suporting a tall roof to protect from the sun wich shines trough a clearing in the trees above.

"Some other civilization built this before we arrived, but they seem to have decayed and disapeared a long time ago. But the structure is still in good shape, and we elfs sometimes come here to practice battles. It will do just fine for us. Rules are simple, you can't get out of the ring. First side to surrender loses."

Then the elf goes to a side of the arena, calling his ravens wich land around him.

"Please start on the other side. Yes, there, thank you. We start when this rock falls in the ground."

Then he throws a stone in the air. It falls, and the battle starts.

Spoiler
    Show

Ooc:there will probably be a lot of attacks of oportunity in this battle, so I'll be rolling them if nobody minds it, to speed things up. I'll use the forum roller for your attacks and let you all see them however.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-03-04 at 04:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Iniative time!

Elf:(1d20+7)[11]

Ravens:(1d20+2)[3]

Ezren:(1d20+2)[12]

Byuken:(1d20+6)[21]

Ryu:(1d20+2)[8]

Throk:(1d20+1)[18]

Rathnor(1d20+3)[7]

19. - Top - End - #139

Ooc: Byen's turn. Sorry to have writed your name badly.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not wanting to charge headlong into the mass, once again Biyen launches one of his javelins as his opening move, he does so at the elf thinking it to have a higher chance of hitting. He then heads for the cover provided by a pillar in the centre of the arena and draws his duom hoping to catch any advancing foes if they happen near.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+3)[5]
    damage: (1d6+2)[6]
    moves to f5

yes i've noticed that you have fun trying to spell it, thats a new one though

21. - Top - End - #141

The javelin flies past the elf's head.

"C'mon, you can surely do better than that."
    -he taunts.

Ooc: Throk's turn. And please choose your 1st level feat, and decide if you want any flaws or traits or no.

22. - Top - End - #142

OOC: No flaws or traits, I was okay with others using them, but I don't want any.l'

Throk raises his greatsword. Birds? You have birds?

Throk moves to f7 and goes total defense.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AC is now 19

OOC: I really need to get a ranged weapon.
    Last edited by expirement10K14; 2008-03-06 at 06:34 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Spoiler
    Show

Order, for reference
    Biyen
    Throk
    Ezren
    Elf
    Ryu
    Rathnor
    Ravens
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #144

Ooc: Ezren's turn

And I must say, as much as your characters can tell, these are regular ravens, except for their skin being covered in leaves and little plants wich helps them hide in the forest.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-03-06 at 09:42 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezren urges his mount forward, travelling straight ahead towards the elf. He reaches the elf, and swings his sword down as hard as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ride check:(1d20+6)[11]
    Attack:(1d20+7)[20]
    Damage:(1d8+4)[5]

26. - Top - End - #146

The elf dodges, but not fast enough. Blood is spilled in the air, but the elf keeps smiling happilly as in his left arm a red stain begins to grow.

The horse follows his rider's attack trying to stomp the elf!

Attack:(1d20+4)[19]
    Damage:(1d6+3)[7]

Ooc:I'll assume your ride check was to try to make the mount attack at the same time as you do, as your character has enough ranks to auto suceed in fighting with knees only and a warhorse doesn't need to be controled in battle.

27. - Top - End - #147

The hoof hits and makes a rather nasty cut in the elf's leg, but still he stands.

Showing a big grin, he exclaims.

"My turn..."

The elf seems to start glowing. Then he makes a gracious jump towards Ezren, and the elven blade finds a hole in the mounted's warrior armor. Landing laughing, the elf then uses a serie of quick fast jumps to get away, too fast to Exren to be able to attack him.

When he finnally stops, the participants can see that the elf's skin is now golden, seeming almost metalic. Even his eyes are now a pair of yellow orbs, but his smile is still there.

Ooc: The elf took a total of 12 damage. He used some kind of buff you don't know(feel free to try to use knowedge checks). He also striked ezren for 7 damage with his sword and then tumbled to C9.

Ryu's turn

28. - Top - End - #148

Ryu

Statblock
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
    10/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 23/16/21 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
    Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
    Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
    Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
    [/table]

Ryu growls to himself, angered that his target is so far away. He moves forward cautiously and weaves his blade and shield to defend himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to G8. Total defense as well. Changed in the Statblock (it's why it's red)
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #149

Ooc:Rathnor's turn. And if nobody noticed, those little black and green dots are the ravens.

30. - Top - End - #150

Rathnor sheathes his 'Buss (Move), draws his pistol (Free), shoots the nearest bird, in K9 (Standard), and takes a 5-ft step to K8 if the bird dies.
    Attack - (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage - (2d6+1)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show