New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151

Default Re: "Bring your homebrew class" campaign

A loud bang and the nearest bird to Rathnor explodes in a cloud of feathers.

The other birds scream in anger, and then proceed to attack Ezren!

The pair wich was already in his square claw at him, tearing Ezren's flesh, and then the remaining advance, with Ezren and the horse trying to swat them out.

2. - Top - End - #152

Attacks of oportunity from Ezren and horse:

(1d20+6)[19]
    (1d8+4)[5]

(1d20+4)[12]
    (1d6+3)[9]

3. - Top - End - #153

Ezren manages to catch one of the birds with a swing of his sword, the raven exploding into another burst of feathers but the remaining ones simply swarm him over and seek to attack his exposed skin, clawing at the soldier's flesh viciously.

The current state of the situation:

Spoiler
    Show

Ooc: Uncle festy, those grey circles are stone columns, wich count as trees(block line of sight and can't be crossed).

Anyway, Ezren takes 5 points of damage from the raven's claws and has now 10 ravens in his square, in case someone has trouble counting them.

Ezren is also now at 0 HP and thus disabled.

Besides the ravens attacking Ezren there are no more ravens in the remaining of the battlefield.

Biyen's turn.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-03-07 at 01:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    [I]Ooc: Uncle festy, those grey circles are stone columns, wich count as trees(block line of sight and can't be crossed).
    ((
    Ooops. Thought those were the birds.))
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Biyen skirts around the back of Throk and swings around to face the elf, as soon as he comes within range with his polearm he jabs it a few times hoping to catch the agile fighter.

Spoiler
    Show
    ending in e9
    attack: (1d20+3)[8]
    damage: (1d8+3)[9]
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

6. - Top - End - #156

The elf easily dodges Byen's jab atempts with his fluid motions.

Ooc:Throk's turn.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Throk will move to F9, then to D9 and attack the elf.
    I'll go for the elf.

Spoiler
    Show

attack - (1d20+5)[13]
    damage - (2d6+3)[11]

8. - Top - End - #158

Throk's sword come really close to the elf's flesh but he manages to move out of the way in the last moment.

Ooc:also missed. Ezren's turn.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-03-07 at 03:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, is it a free action to just guide my horse away from the combat?

Ezren tugs on the reins, feeling himself drift in and out of consciousness. "Oh god, not again" he thinks to himself in frustration. The horse follows his orders, lead Ezren away from the melee.
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

10. - Top - End - #160

Ooc: As by the rules as I interpret them, making a warhorse move in battle is a very easy free task wich doesn't even demands a check. So you can move whitout risking further damage from being disabled.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, then I'll move to E3 and end my turn.
    Last edited by dual_wielder; 2008-03-09 at 04:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

The elf steps aside positioning himself in the middle of the columns. He then swings his sword to attack, but in the last moment he spins graciosly around himself and instead delivers a pair of powerfull kicks in fast sucession against Throk. The armor absorbs the firt blow, but the second kick hits the soldier straight in the face.

Seeing how Throk is still standing after the attack, the elf smiles again and says:
    "Hmm, stil standing after this? You're tough, no doubt about that. Let's see how much more can you hold shall we?"

Ooc: Throk took 10 damage and the elf is now in C10.

Ryu's turn

13. - Top - End - #163

Ryu

Statblock
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
    10/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
    Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
    Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
    Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
    [/table]

"Damned birds," Ryu mutters, as he charges across to Ezren's aid. He touches the warrior on the shoulder, and wills it to heal.

Spoiler
    Show
    move to D4, healing touch on Ezren. Heals (1d8+1)[8] damage. I'm left with 1 mana, so I'm out of heals until I rest
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #164

Rathnor's turn

15. - Top - End - #165

"Bloody birds. There are too many of them to take them all out individually. But let's see how they like the Breath!"
    Rathnor moves to H7 (Move), drops the pistol (Free, and hopefully won't damage it), pulls out the 'Buss (Free), and fires off a BotBPD originating in G6, and going towards the upper-right (Standard).
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

16. - Top - End - #166

Once again from the dwarf's gun a rain of hot lead and black smoke comes forth. You hear the ravens scream momentarily, then go silent, and when the smoke clears there is nothing in left in the place where the birds were before but some crisped feathers

Ooc:Ravens wiped out. Won't even bother to roll for damage or saves because they have only had 1HP each after all.

With the ravens all defeated, now is Biyen's turn.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-03-09 at 07:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Your flock has fallen boy, although I'll admit you have skill with the blade do you really think you can take all of us?" Biyen alters his grip on his weapon and brings it around to strike the elf like an axe, using the secondary/reverse blades to take advantage in close quarters.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+3)[18]
    damage: (1d8+3)[5]

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

18. - Top - End - #168

The blade hits the elf's naked skin directly, but to Biyen's suprise no blood spills, his weapon bouncing as tough it had hit solid armor. The elf then says, smiling once more:

"Yes, I still think I can take you. If you hadn't been able to handle my flock then you wouldn't really have been worthy of atention. Please, don't refrain yourselfs just because I'm alone now."

However, Biyen also notices that after the hit the metalic color of the elf's body growed slightly fainter, starting to look more like real flesh.

Ooc: Throk's turn
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-03-10 at 06:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

"God I hate elves," murmurs Throk, feeling severely hurt from the blow. He regains his posture and makes a final attempt at the elf. He raises his great sword and lets forth a great cleave

((OOC: not the feat, and god I hope I finally hit :( )).

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage - (2d6+3)[14]

20. - Top - End - #170

The blade hits the elf's flanck with great stenght, but again it bounces back like it was solid steel. But then Throk can hear something crack, and the elf's metalic skin seems to breack apart in several small particles that are carried by the air. Beneat it, you can see once more his original skin.

"I almost...Felt that"
    -says the elf, seeming half suprised.

Ooc:Ezren's turn.

21. - Top - End - #171

((OOC: points to sig))

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezren nods to Ryu in thanks before re-entering the fray. He moves his horse forward to attack the elf, hoping that the horse can do as much damage as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+7)[11]
    Damage:(1d8+4)[12]
    Ride check (for mount's attack):(1d20+6)[25]
    Mount Attack:(1d20+4)[22]
    Mount Damage:(1d4+3)[4]

23. - Top - End - #173

The elf manages to parry Ezren's sword with his own, but fails to block the horse's hoove wich hits him in the torso, making him release a cry of pain.
    He then looks around, noticing he's surrounded and that Ezren's wounds have healed, and at the amount of sharp things pointing at him.

"Ok, you win. I surrender"-he says."One needs to know when he's in a bad position"

Jumpig out of the ring, the elf then takes out a small flask from his backpack and drinks the contect, and you can see his wounds disapear. He hands you then each one a couple of flasks:

"Basic healing potions. Never leave home whitout them. You guys can have these for your wounds. Please follow me, I'll take you to some confortable place where we can talk"

Then, he leads you to a small confy clearing with several tree stumps wich serve nicely as chairs. Inviting you to sit around, he then starts to talk:

"I hadn't got out of these woods for around 2 centuries before the things started to happen, some months ago, when around a hundred armed humans in rags entered the forest and hided. First it seemed just like random bandits that wanted to use the woods for cover. And then those guys in red armor apeared chasing them. They fighted between them for several days, with the bandits taking heavy losses and retreating further and further inside the forest. Further, it seemed more and more like they weren't bandits at all. They had nothing valuable with them, but still the soldiers in red armor hunted them relentessly. The hunters surely were much more organized than they prey. High discipline, good weapons and armor, some strange constructs, priests and mages suporting them, against a group of ragged running people with nothing more sophisticated than a shortbow and leather armor.

We elfs decided this was a in no way an honorable or reasonable battle and interviewed, driving the armored soldiers away. Then we tried to talk with the ragged people, but they weren't much sociable either. They said something about having been explored by those soldiers, who aparently would steal their goods, ruin their lands and take their children for unknown purposes. They aparently tried to organize some kind of milita to drive them back, but things had turned ugly so they had ended up running to the forest. Most of them still wanted to fight the soldiers, despite being awfully outpowered. Those we took them back to where they had entered the woods and we never saw any of them again. The remaining ones said they were tired of all that suffering and said they only wanted a peacefull life, so we directed them to that little peacefull village by the sea.

The armored soldiers then proceeded to make patrols along the woods border, and even going deep into the trees. We tried to talk to some of them, but they would attack us at first glance. Nothing like that had ever hapened to us. All lands around our forest where peacefull neighbours as far as I can remember. Some bandits and travelrs now and there maybe but never such a large scale high disciplined force. So I then decided to go out there and try to discover what was hapening. Lucky me for humans seeing so bad at night.

Boy things had changed. A nice road had been built not too far, and in half a day travel stood a big village where only some houses had been there centuries ago. A village with a stone wall and a tower. Aproaching, I saw that there were several of those red armored guys in the city patroling the streets. Too crowded. Too risky. Decided to don't get in. I explored the surroundings and discovered several farms nearby. The soldiers also patroled them. Seemed to want to make sure everything was in check. One thing that suprised me was that they tried to treat the farmers nicely however. No rude words, lots of compliments, asking if there was anything they could do to help. I saw the mages mending small problems and the priests curing small injuries. They also talked about being keeping the rebels in check or something like that. When there were young strong people in the farms, like you guys, the soldiers seemed to try to atract the youths to join them. Talking about the glory and honor of being a warrior and protecting their country. Some nice speeches. They also said that if the youths they served well enough they could get to see the soldier's homeland, Arcopica. Saw a lot of recruits training in the fields anyway. Also saw lots of patrols departing for the surrounding lands. I decided to return to the woods to tell my brothers what I had learned. And now I told you. Sometime later a specially large and powerfull group of those soldiers entered the forest and went to destroy the village where the runaways had hidden.

Our conclusion was, those newcomers, those Arcopicans are expanding. They aparently assimilated that village, making the people there acept them and worck for them, even provide them fresh warriors. There were new constructions underway all around the village. The vegetation around the farms was being cut down for more crops. The cattle was carefully organized and kept underwatch. In a matter of years they will reach these woods at this rate, so we must decide what to do quickly.

I don't know however why, they decied to raze your village to the ground. I suspect the monks tried to offer resistance, and the Arcopicans decided the monks were too dangerous to be left alive. Who knows...

Now what you do is up to you. If you still want to follow the soldiers I'll show you a little shortcut. Just go over those trees over there and you should exit the woods by nightfall. Just be wary, besides the soldiers, there are other dangerous creatures who lurk there, now that "food" has been more common.
    Be wary that the soldiers are very organized and should you attack and let some escape you'll have to face twice as much in the next ecounter.

One last gift before we take diferent paths again."

The elf then reaches into his backpack and takes out five leaf shaped green jewels in gold incrustations.

"Those are something we craft to pass the time. Other elfs will surely recognize our handworck. To anyone else they will be pretty stones you can sell for a good price. Use them in your right arm if you wish to show that you are elf friends. Be wary however that those who despise our race will probably try to strike you down should you wear these in front of them.

Now, I wish you good luck, and may our paths meet again. Who knows, I may even tell you my name then. Hehehehe...."

With these last words, the elf releases a strange scream and a flock of ravens descends from the trees and surrounds him. When the birds rise again there is no sign of the elf, just the five elvish stones

To where the elf pointed you can see an arc of trees, the passage below clouded by shaddows.

Ooc:

500 experience points to everyone. There's a bonus in there for taking what was a "side quest" to find out more about the soldiers.

Loot: 5 potions of cure light wounds, 5 elvish stones.

As usual, decide what to do.

24. - Top - End - #174

Rathnor pockets the potion and gem. "So... now what?"
    ((What did we do with the loot from the last battle?))
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Rathnor pockets the potion and gem. "So... now what?"
    ((What did we do with the loot from the last battle?))

Ezren put it in the horse's saddles. Throk took the kobold's necklace for himself.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Being an elf and already subject to the prejudice of his race he gladly attaches the gem to the chain currently hanging round his neck and places the potion in his pack. "His tale has just convinced me further to pursure my current path, his descriptions held resonance and i would like to make contact with our quarry.
    "I take it you all are still in the mind of taking revenge for the villagers?"
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-03-12 at 09:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Throk takes one of the stones and a potion. He puts the stone in his pocket, and drinks from the potion.. "I say we go after the soldiers. If we go by the cover of night we might be able to take a patrol on, then retreat. We will be facing a small group, then we can hide from the larger resistance. whittling them down is the only option I see.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezren takes the potion and stone and nods in thanks. He slips the stone into his pocket and drinks the potion in a few gulps.

Aye, I agree. I say we continue going after these Red soldiers. Going by cover of night sounds smart as well.
    Last edited by dual_wielder; 2008-03-13 at 05:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Ryu

"Any time is good, so long as we catch the murderers," Ryu adds heatedly, after accepting the stone and flask from the elf.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hearing the fury in Ryu's voice Biyen mentally bites his tounge and instead says "Fine then we all agree to continue following their tracks... Were going to take the elven path too I presume."